KC's Confections Reviews

3 | Hudson, NH

3 Reviews for KC's Confections

Steven · Married on 10/11/2008

Kris was Amazing!
    Our cake was not only the most amazing looking but it was equally as tasting!! I would recommend Kris for any event that is dessert worthy! yum yum!!

Thanks Again Kris!

Steve & Lisa Castiglione

Sent on 11/04/2008

Marla · Married on 10/13/2007

We made arrangements for Kris to bake our cake through the Bread Box Bakery in Windham, NH. Kris has now closed the Bread Box and has moved her business to her home in order to focus solely on wedding and specialty cakes.

No cake was available for tasting when my mother-in-law and I visited for an initial consultation, but a taste of Kris' buttercream icing was enough to convince us that we had found our baker. Kris offers a wife variety of flavours and was willing to do one of our tiers as an orange-flavoured cake, a flavour she doesn't typically offer. She was kind enough to bear with me as I changed my mind on flavours numerous times. :)

The cake looked different from what I had expected, but on reviewing my email correspondence with Kris I realized that this was my fault -- I had responded to her email requesting confirmation of the cake details quickly and ok'd a couple of design elements that I would have had altered had I been paying more attention. The cake was still very pretty, however; one of our guests commented that it was "very elegant."

What was most impressive was the taste. Having mostly experienced wedding cakes along the cardboard flavour spectrum, and being a big fan of cake and all things sweet, I was completely blown away by the moist deliciousness of our cake. In fact, after my husband fed me a bite of the "mocha panache" (chocolate cake with mocha buttercream filling) tier, I raved that it was the best cake I had ever had (and I've had my fair share of cake!) The orange and vanilla layers proved equally yummy.
    Fortunately, there was enough cake remaining that we froze the leftovers and can treat ourselves to an occasional snack. :)

Price-wise, Kris' services were the most afforable of those we surveyed. She also offers free delivery within a 10-mile radius.

Recommended!

Sent on 11/07/2007

Marcel · Married on 06/09/2006

3.0

Kris is a genius!! I didn't know what kind of decorations to put on the cake, and wanted to stay away from tacky ideas. His team put together a beautiful flower cake (chocolate, yum) and everyone (including the kids!) were over the moon. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/06/2008