Karen's Cakes Reviews

Karen's Cakes 3
  • Sherry

Sherry Sells · Married on 04/27/2019

Highly Recommend

I’ve known Karen for many years now and I have seen the beautiful work that she does. She is the “BEST” at what she does! Her Wedding Cakes are exquisite in beauty and taste! So... already knowing this and knowing how kind & caring that Karen and her husband both are - there was no question as to who would be making our daughter and new son-in-laws wedding cake! They picked out what they wanted and the day of their wedding she brought in her “masterpiece” which was simply gorgeous and as equally delicious. We had sooo many compliments on how beautiful it was and how wonderful it tasted. We could not have been more pleased with how it turned out! I commend them on a job well done and I Highly Recommend “Karen’s Cakes” to anyone who is searching for a fabulous wedding cake to help make their Special Day even more Special! We’d like to thank Karen and her husband both so much for everything that they did in helping to make our daughter and son-in-laws Wedding Day so “Special”! It was “ALL” that we hoped it would BE”!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Karen's Cakes 4
    Karen's Cakes 5
  • Brittany

Brittany Sells Boggs · Married on 04/27/2019

5 stars! Karen is amazing!

I highly recommend Karen! I have not seen any cake that Karen cannot make! Her Wedding Cakes are both beautiful and tasty! I chose a picture off of pinterest of a wedding cake that I liked and Karen went above and beyond the picture I had picked out! My cake was simply gorgeous and as equally delicious. I couldn't have been happier with the outcome! Karen's cakes literally look like a picture out of a magazine! We had so many compliments on how beautiful it was and how wonderful it tasted. Thank you Karen and her husband both so much for everything you did in making our wedding day so special! - We truly appreciate it! :)

Sent on 07/15/2019

Hannah · Married on 06/30/2018

Wedding Cake

Loved our wedding cake from Karen’s! They were wonderful to work with!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Kensi · Married on 11/04/2017

Karen’s Cakes was actually amazing! Karen was so sweet to let us taste as many flavors as we wanted at no cost. Our cake was beautiful, and we got tons of compliments on how moist and delicious it was. We can’t wait to eat the top layer on our anniversary!

Sent on 01/22/2018
    Karen's Cakes 6

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

Karen's Cakes are so delicious! We ordered 4 specialty cakes and 1 traditional wedding cake. Everyone loved all the flavors and variety. The cakes were beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/30/2016

Our cake was amazing. She took my vision and created a masterpiece. It also was delicious. It was melt in your mouth. Everyone complimented on our cake and I am so glad I chose Karen!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Allie · Married on 08/20/2016

I went to many consultations and tasted a lot of cakes before I met with Karen. After talking to Karen and tasting her cakes there was no need to taste any more. Delicious!! Also, the design I had in mind for my cake was incredibly complicated and detailed. Some of the other bakers I had spoken to didn’t seem confident they could recreate it. However, Karen was confident she could do it and she did not disappoint! She created the exact cake I wanted flawlessly! Jaws dropped at the sight of it, absolutely beautiful. Karen is extremely talented, I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/02/2016

Karen's wedding cakes are beautiful and delicious. The choices of cake to choose from were so different from ordinary cake choices. The strawberry cheesecake was our favorite! Everyone loved it! Karen was such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Alice · Married on 05/27/2016

Best wedding cake ever! This cake for 160 disappeared in 20 minutes! Wedding guests were almost fighting over the different layers. It was that good! And it was beautiful! During our consult, Karen drew a diagram of the cake and outlined the flowers and ribbon exactly as we described. It was wonderful. Our guests are still talking about how wonderful it was.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Our cake was EXACTLY what I wanted for our wedding. It was delicious, beautiful and there was not 1 piece left after the reception. Karen was so easy to work with and I never worried about this aspect of our wedding.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Our cake was absolutely beautiful for our wedding. Everyone was talking all night about how great it looked, and even more so - how great it tasted! Karen was great during the planning process, she worked with us every step of the way. They obviously really care and want to make sure you get the finished product your dreaming of! Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Alison · Married on 09/05/2015

A truly hidden gem!!! Karen we want to thank you for our cake. We got the red velvet with a later of cheesecake in the middle and it's the BEST cake I've ever tastes. Her flavors and choices are so unique. We did a small cake just for us to cut seeing as we had a dessert bar with our caterer and she did the next size up on the cake for us to give us a bigger one to cut. How amazing!!!! Service and quality at it's best. I was really in awe when I heard that. Tasting the cake .. I actually wrecked the Djs flow into the flower toss because I wanted to sit down and eat my piece of cake!!!!! I told the dj sorry but when it comes to this dessert it's at the top of my list to consume first. Thank you again Karen. Anyone looking for their wedding cake won't be sorry!

Alison and Mike Ahrens

Sent on 04/17/2015

This place makes the BEST cake!!! We did cupcakes for our wedding and we loved the flavors so much, we chose three different flavors and probably could have kept going. People told us that we would have leftovers and not to worry about ordering too many, well we still got more than the number of guests we had and they were all gone at the end of the night because they were so good! I highly recommend using Karen's Cakes if you are getting married in Statesville or Mooresville or the surrounding area. AMAZING!!!! I plan to buy cakes/cupcakes from her for any ongoing parties we have

Sent on 07/08/2015

Chandee · Married on 05/18/2015

My cake was beautiful and delicious! Karen will now be my go-to cake maker for any event. Highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • John

John · Married on 05/15/2015

Karen did a excellent job. Our cakes tasted great and wedding cake looked amazing. Some guests didn't even know it was a cake, we did the hay bales.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Brittany · Married on 03/28/2015

Karen did such a wonderful job on our wedding cake and our grooms cake. She was so flexible and easy to work with. Price is reasonable and she did a perfect job on the cakes. We chose buttercream & red velvet cheesecake for the wedding cake & lip smackin peanut butter for the grooms cake. Both were amazing. Thank you so much Karen!

Sent on 04/02/2015

If you are getting married north of Charlotte, you HAVE to get your cake from Karen. We met Karen at an open house for our venue, and I wanted to eat every single flavor of cake that she had brought. We ended up doing a follow up tasting, and Karen is just so charming and lovely. You want to take her home with you and have her make you cake every day. Beyond that, her cakes are just lovely and delicious. Thank goodness we saved the top tier of our cake because everyone at the wedding loved the cake so much that there wasn't anything left but crumbs at the end (and we had deliberately gotten a larger cake than necessary!) We'd only had a bite or two that day, so sitting down the next day to enjoy our cake was a treat. Hope to recreate the moment on our 1 year anniversary with another slice--fresh from Karen!

Sent on 04/09/2015
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 10/04/2014

Karen did an excellent job on my wedding cake. I gave her the ribbon and what size and she bought the broach and made exactly what I wanted even though I didn't know at the time what I wanted, just knew the colors. Her cakes are always so fresh and moist. Just her plain butter cake with butter cream icing is by far my favorite but her other flavors are great as well especially the strawberry marbled with butter cream icing. All of her cakes are amazing and I would recommend her to any one. She did my moms wedding cake back in august and she also is doing my niece's birthday cake this weekend!! Highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Tiffany · Married on 05/25/2013

Karen did a wonderful job on our wedding cake. It not only looked beautiful but tasted amazing. We had some may compliments on the cake about how lovely and wonderful it tasted.

Sent on 01/12/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/12/2013

OMG our wedding cake looked amazing and tasted amazing too! You will not be disappointed with Karen's quality and workmanship! We spent more than we had budgeted on our wedding cake, but the taste made it worth it all! When we need a custom cake, we will be calling Karen again - SO YUMMY!!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Tammy · event on 03/24/2013

Cake was so pretty I didn't want to cut it for anyone to have a slice...I wanted to keep it forever but it was delicious and everyone enjoyed it..

Sent on 01/14/2014

Tiffany · Married on 09/29/2012

When ordering my wedding cake, I knew that Karen's Cakes was the only way to go! Not only was the cake beautiful, it tasted amazing!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Karen was so easy and fun to work with. Hubby and I visited her cafe to find a wedding cake that would be both beautiful and affordable, and we walked away with exactly what we wanted! The cake was gorgeous, completed in the perfect amount of time, and absolutely delicious. The price was also perfect. We will definitely be coming back for future events!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Jordan · Married on 04/28/2012

Cake tasting was awesome, so many excellent flavors! The strawberry cake cheesecake was our favorite!!! Delivered to venue on time and made sure cake was presentable before leaving.

Sent on 05/09/2012
  • W

Erica · Married on 06/07/2008

Karen is WONDERFUL. Her cakes are yummy, beautiful, and hold up well. She does whatever you want in what design, flavor, etc. EXCELLENT!

Sent on 08/02/2008