Karen French Photography Reviews

34 Reviews for Karen French Photography

34 Karen French Photography Reviews

Joanna · Married on 04/05/2014

This review is for Karen's Boudoir Photography:

She is incredible!! If you are thinking about doing a Boudoir session look no further! Karen has an extremely good eye and will make any woman look like a Victoria Secret model! She is so easy and comfortable to work with and extremely professional. She gives great instruction and will make you look picture perfect in every shot! Karen makes the entire shoot so much fun. Thank you so much Karen!

• User3011985 · 2+ years ago

I highly recommend Karen French. She was professional at every step of the process, and I felt at ease knowing she was handling the second most important part of our wedding (after the ceremony, of course!). After careful research and the recommendations of our wedding venue, my husband and I met with three photographers. Karen was far and away the best fit for us, and we liked her immediately. She has shot many weddings at our venue before, and I had specific questions regarding how she would utilize the various locations at the venue for the best shots. She answered all my questions with ease. I felt comfortable knowing that she was familiar with the venue, and had a clear vision of how to shoot our wedding. Just as important, I felt she was open to any suggestions my husband or I might have, too. After we hired Karen, she emailed us forms to fill out regarding our wedding details (wedding party, names of parents and immediate family, location, vendor names, specific shots we wanted, timeline, etc.). I loved that she was so organized. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, she called me to discuss the information I had provided on the forms and make sure she and I were on the same page. My parents are divorced and I really appreciated the effort she made to understand the family dynamics. She was also sensitive to making sure my husband and I weren't inadvertently taking certain photos with one side of the family and not the other. It was great knowing that Karen was so on-the-ball with these things, and that it would be something I wouldn't need to think about on my wedding day. On our wedding day, she was there early, remembered the names of our parents, gave good direction to our wedding party and family, and was overall very professional. Three weeks later, we met with her to select our album pictures and I am so excited to see the finished product. I can't recommend Karen enough!

Johan · Married on 10/14/2013

Warm
    Committed
    Personal
    Perfect

Karen exceeded our -already high- expectations!

Our wedding photographs are beautiful.
    Thank you very much!
    Johan & Désiré

• Y

Yumna · Married on 09/01/2013

My wedding pictures couldn't have been better

Joy · Married on 08/28/2013

Karen was delightful! She was "everywhere" with the bride, bridesmaids, groom & groomsmen, flower girl, ring bearer and parents and provided us with some of the most beautiful images I have ever seen! It's all in the details....and Karen captured so many of those special little moments that will mean so much to us in years to come! I am so thankful that we made the decision to select Karen French Photography for our daughter's wedding! We are thrilled with the results! THANK YOU KAREN!!! We couldn't be happier...!

Ron and Joy Clark

Christina · Married on 06/29/2013

Karen is excellent and true professional! Not only is she super sweet and easy (and fun!) to work with, she is a total expert, and all of our photos came out beautiful! She really knows exactly what she is doing and how to get the perfect shots. She was very patient, always listened to feedback, and made us all feel at ease on the day of the wedding. We got all the photos we wanted, yet we never felt rushed or interrupted. Every significant moment was accounted for and captured perfectly, with a great attention to detail. The special thing about the photos she took, I feel, is that they tell a story. She really made an effort to capture the various personalities of our family and friends, and the photos really portrayed them, and my husband and I, in a very genuine and sincere way. I can't recommend her highly enough! Our expectations (which were very high!) were completely exceeded and we know we will treasure our photos forever.

• Sherry

Sherry · Married on 06/22/2013

When you book Karen French, you don't need to worry about anything. She did our wedding and engagement photos. All we had to do is show up and our photos are incredible. I think she has amazing equipment and a lot of experience. You can be assured that your photos will be GREAT.
    She is very professional, very easy to reach, clearly explains all options, and doesn't do the hard sale. She had to drive over an hour to get to our location, but she was on time and fully prepared. I would highly recommend using Karen for a wedding.

Joan · Married on 05/04/2013

Karen's photographed my wedding and her associate photographer photographed my boudoir session. I was absolutely thrilled with all of the pictures. I gave my husband a beautiful photo album of the boudoir images as a gift when we came back from our honeymoon. He loves the album so much and says it's the best gift I could have even given him. At the boudoir session the makeup artist and photographer made me feel very comfortable and safe. The atmosphere was very fun, friendly and professional. The studio is decorated beautifully. During the session the photographer guided me through all of the poses and made it very easy. I arrived at the studio very nervous, but by the time we were 10 minutes into the session I wasn't nervous anymore and was having a great time. It was fun to have the pampering by the wonderful makeup / hair stylist- they were great! Think of it as almost as having a spa day- you'll have a blast. Having the boudoir session really helped boost my self esteem and view myself differently. Even though I bought this for my husband, it really ended up being for me too. I recommend to every women to have a session by Karen's studio- they did such beautiful work for me.

A few months after the boudoir session Karen photographed our wedding and again we were vey happy with the photos. We have received many comments from our family and wedding party how nice she was to work with that day. She's a very calm and kind person. Once our wedding website was up, my family and friends contacted us again saying they loved the photos, we do too!!! We had a big and wild wedding party, Karen was great about getting them to pay attention so she could get the shots she needed and still make it a very fun experience for everyone.

Since my wedding two of my bridesmaids have hired Karen for their own boudoir sessions to give to their husbands.

I highly recommend Karen and her staff for boudoir and wedding photography!!!!

Hung · Married on 04/06/2013

Karen French is a very special photographer. She’s very professional, patient and everything we could ask for in a photographer. And we did ask for everything :). She made us look like models in our engagement and wedding pics. She had many suggestions for our poses and she fulfilled our requests. From first day we met her to go over her services she was always helpful and was never pushy or sales-ie.

We had a very long wedding that included tea ceremonies at the bride’s house and at the groom’s house (in OC then LA), exchange of vows at church in Fountain Valley, pictures at parks, then reception at a restaurant in Garden Grove. Our day started with the bride getting ready at home at 4:30/5am and finished at midnight at the reception. Yes you guessed it… Karen was there capturing the bride getting ready, and she was still with us capturing shots at the reception when our guests were starting to leave the party! We had almost 400 guests at our reception and she and her assistant were everywhere! They captured thousands of pics and we had so many great shots that we had a hard time narrowing down the pictures for our albums.

Thank you Karen for the beautiful moments you captured on our special day! We’re so glad we chose you to be our photographer! You and your team did a wonderful job on our pictures.

Gratefully,
    Hung and Kristine

Emily · Married on 12/29/2012

I cannot recommend Karen highly enough. From the very first conversation we had on the phone, all the way to months after she offered to replace one of the photo DVDs that my mother lost (!), she has been nothing but professional, easy to work with, detail-oriented, responsive, and just all-around lovely. We spoke with cheaper photographers, but we are so glad that we ultimately went with someone who so clearly knows what she is doing. I will always treasure our getting-ready photos and our first-look photos--some of the shots she set us up for felt a little silly at first, but you have to trust this woman's eye... she knows what photographs well, and how to catch people at their best and most beautiful. If my mind hadn't already been made up about how much I adore Karen, the deal was sealed when she expertly worked with my developmentally delayed sister (who has a hard time smiling on command) during the posed family photos. Just when I was ready to strangle the family members who were yelling at my sister to smile, Karen took over and somehow simultaneously shut all of them up (in a very nice way) and got my sister beaming. She just gets it. If you are hesitating about spending the $$$, I understand... but you will not regret going with Karen. She's worth every penny, and more.

Kenneth · Married on 12/22/2012

What can I say? It’s been three months since our big day and we’re still receiving compliments after compliments from family, relatives and friends about how beautiful our wedding pictures came out—all 700 of them! To top that off, the local newspaper (The Orange County Register) liked our pictures so much that they actually featured our wedding story on the front page of the Celebrations section!

Please see the link to this story here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/luu-497971-tran-first.html.

So are we happy with Karen’s work? I think that question is rhetorical.

From the moment I stepped into Karen’s studio office, I had a strong feeling that I had found a photographer for our wedding after spending months of searching. After looking at her style of photography and a having a long conversation with Karen, which she patiently took all the time with me, I knew that we were going to pick her. Being an amateur photographer myself, I was looking for a photographer with an all around artistic style that’s elegant, modern but also timeless. That’s actually a lot to ask for of any photographer but Karen delivered beyond expectations. We had a complex wedding with both the traditional and modern components and Karen somehow captured all the right moments and the pictures pleased both us as well as parents. We can’t thank Karen enough and have been referring her to friends. It is very true that photography is the MOST important wedding-related decision you will ever made!

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

We were extremely pleased with our experience with Karen! We had her shoot our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. We live in Texas but our wedding was in California. Although it is pretty easy to view photos online, it was important to us to meet with our potential photographers in person to view their work up close and to see if we were comfortable with them. We met with 3 photographers before making our selection. Although we were leaning towards choosing her just based on her photos online, seeing her work in person made our decision very easy. Her images are of exceptional quality and tell a story. I had never had professional photos taken before and was nervous about what to do/not to do etc. She is so nice and guides you as to where to go/what to do/what to change/etc so you aren't nervous. The best part of my experience was that there was not one photo from my wedding day that she missed. It was such a crazy day but she was so focused on getting all the little details. I have many friends who are now married and have seen how upset they are when their photographs were lacking. I am so thankful that we had Karen in particular there with us - I will cherish our photos for a lifetime.

• Christina

Christina · Married on 10/05/2012

Karen is so wonderful to work with. From the time we met with her to review our wedding plans and through our wedding day, she made us feel so at ease being photographed. Karen made sure to ask which shots of our family and our selves we wanted and then planned out the shots in a way that did not interrupt the fun and feastivities of our wedding! She is a true professional and we were extremely pleased with our experience from beginning to end. We had a lot of special requests, including 20 in our wedding party - we even had our golden retriever in the wedding- and Karen made sure to get all the best shots of us! It was effortless on our part and she brought our our true smiles for the pictures since we did not even realize we were being photographed at times!

hayley · Married on 09/28/2012

Karen was fantastic!! Right from the start she was very professional and helpful. I am not the best "poser" and was rather nervous on my wedding day, but she put me in shots that were very flattering. She also took us around the property to give us a variety of backgrounds and angles, and knew exactly what to do with the weather conditions (it was windy at the beach, and I had a sunset ceremony). Also, she payed attention to my requested "shot list" and got every single one!! Everyone who has seen the pictures has commented on how amazing they are. I would highly recommend Karen for your wedding or special event. There is one photo that is so amazing I want to buy a poster size of and hang it in my room forever!!

Sabrina · Married on 09/21/2012

I discovered this photographer through a friend who hired her several years ago for her wedding. I loved her pictures and contacted the photographer with some reservations due to my budget limits.The photographer offered superior quality for the cost of her services and expertise. Karen was always responsive in a timely manner with answers to all of my questions. A pleasure to work with, both the photographer Karen French and her associate. Very professional and pleasant. I would not have chosen differently had I a second chance to plan my wedding.

Diana · Married on 09/14/2012

When my husband and I met initially met with Karen, we were struck by how organized she was. It was a quality that we had yet to experience with the other photographers we interviewed; and a quality that I was not particularly concerned with up-front. However, its huge. Our meetings were efficient and spoke volumes about how she operated as a photographer.

Karen helped us establish a shot list for our wedding day, which helped us back into our schedule and kept us on time. She also asked for a shot list of the photos that weren't so obvious: your group of college friends, sorority sisters, extended family, etc.

Following the wedding, Karen met with us to go over our wedding photos and album design. The photographs and album far exceeded our expectations. In addition to beautiful photographs, she creates a story through pictures of your wedding day.

When it came to getting photos for our save the date or thank you cards, Karen got them to us the same day. She also met with my mother and mother-in-law, on separate occasions, to go over their individual album design.

We can't say enough good things about Karen. Her talent, experience, organization and professionalism are unparalleled. We are forever grateful for the beautiful photos she has given us to remember our wedding day.

Jennifer · Married on 09/01/2012

I couldn't of had a better photographer. Karen did such a great job and I ended up with so many memories for our wedding book. Just beautiful.

Deanna · Married on 07/23/2012

Karen French was incredibly easy and fun to work with. If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding or any other special event Karen's name always came up. With such a reputation you'd think that maybe she would be dismisive,rushed and obtuse, well that couldn't be further from the truth. Karen takes her time with you, has a great time doing it and handles herself with the utmost professionalism. If you're looking for a photographer she's the one and if you have chosen her you're in great hands. Our pictures and albums are amazing and so beautiful, we couldn't be any happier.

Carrie · Married on 07/20/2012

Karen did an astonishing job! She worked with me every step of the way...took the time to get to know us both & really blew us away with the quality of work! I knew that picking our photographer was going to be hard because I expected a lot! She really exceeded my expectations. Our album...wow...! Can't wait to work with her in the future & highly recommend her to friends & family!

natalie · Married on 07/14/2012

Last night we met with Karen to review our photos for an album she is making for us...here is the email I sent her today:

"Karen - Thank you so much for last night! It was so wonderful reliving the day again with you. I know we pay you to take photos but I really feel like you and your work are a LOVELY gift from your heart as much as it is a job. It must be wonderful to be in your line of work and work with people in some of the happiest moments of their lives. To be able to memorialize these special times... well, it is a gift that not everyone can give. We are very much looking forward to seeing our album and sharing it with everyone we know!"

Karen's work is phenomenal but even more important to me is the ease in which she worked with us. She is a seasoned professional, incredibly talented and yet HUMAN. In searching for a photographer, we met several, a few of which whose incredible talent went to their head. Not so with Karen. Many photographers require payment up front (as did Karen), however when I asked to pay in installments she was generous enough to work with us in a manner that we felt comfortable with. Wedding planning can be stressful, but Karen took the stress out of the photography portion. We are truly blessed we found her!

Joanne · Married on 06/17/2012

Looking for a great photographer, Karen is the one to choose. Our pictures came out so beautiful we had a hard time picking the finals ones we wanted for our album. Karen and her staff were also very professional, friendly and reliable. they felt more like family than a hired photographer and staff. My grandmother passed away a few months before the wedding, she was a big part of my life and I was emotional a number of times during the wedding day. Karen was so sencetive and warm on the day that it really helped me enjoy the day even more.

Karen did not miss a moment, she caught so many wonderful details and expressions from people- there is not a bad one in the bunch! Many of our friends say the photos look like they are from a fashion magazine. Her unobtrusive style really captured story of the day verses having all posed photos.

I had interviewed several photographers in person and probably looked at over a hundred websites, I know for sure that hiring Karen was the right decision and I suggest to anyone to do the same.
    ninmadenthe right decision in hiringn Karen

Brandy · Married on 05/12/2012

I can't say enough great things about Karen! She was the perfect photographer for us, and we are so happy with our pictures. She was the ultimate professional and artist. We have received so many complements on our photographs. Our album has a combination of color, black/white and vintage styles in it. It was important to me that I had a variety of looks in our album, Karen showed us examples and gave us an education on the different styles available prior. I had a very big wedding party and lots of family members, she was able to get beautiful shots of everyone and made us all feel very comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. Our album is the the nicest of all my friends, they are jealous and wish they had choose Karen to photograph their own wedding. If you want the best it's Karen!

Nancy · Married on 04/21/2012

From our very first meeting with Karen she has been wonderful to work with. She was always professional and prompt in getting back with me with emails and calls. She delivered our album to us in half the time she originally said it would be finished. The photos and the three albums (2 are parent albums) are stunning, she exceeded all of our expectations for a wedding photographer. She did a great job making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera. My husband is a serious amateur photographer, he did extensive research in finding a photographer that was both technically strong and very artistic- Karen was by far the best he found in his online research. When we met Karen were pleasently surprised how down to earth she was- no big ego. Two of my bridesmaids are getting married in 2013 and have hired Karen to photograph their weddings, they thought our photos were fabulous and wanted the same quality. Karen is the best photographer out there and a joy to work with.

Mark · Married on 03/18/2012

Words can't describe how great Karen is, she is very professional and an amazing photographer. I am a professional photographer myself (fashion), so our wedding photography was very important to me. I did a lot of research online and interviewed several photographers, Karen's work stood out from the rest. She is both technically strong and very creative. I was not surprised to learn that she has photographed the weddings of over 20 professional photographers. There is a wide range of skill level out there amongst wedding photographers, I think because it's so easy to get into the field. All one has to do is set up a wibsite/blog, which is pretty easy. So make sure whomever you choose to photograph your wedding is experienced and technically strong, you don't want the most important photography you will ever purchase in your life to be screwed up.

Karen was one of the more expensive wedding photographers I had interviewed, but it was money well spent, as my wife and myself will enjoy these images for a lifetime. Karen is exceptional at knowing how to photograph people so they look her best. The most important skill of a photographer is knowing how to work with light, and Karen is a master. Karen made everyone look fabulous, she's a real master at her art.

I also found Karen very easy to work with, she has a very friendly and calming presence. She loves photography and is very knowledgeable about the history and fine art field, plus she even has a serious collection of fine art prints from other photographers- which I thought was very cool. If you work in the arts or photography is very important to you then is then Karen is the one for you.

Carolyn · Married on 03/10/2012

Most anyone can snap a photo; take a decent picture these days. Karen French, however, has an amazing gift. Karen grabs the soul, the essence; the very heart of an event. Those are the stolen moments to hold dear and reflect upon. So many of the images Karen captures stand alone as art, beautifully embraced. The moments which unfold as a wedding far too quickly disappear. Karen French, as the artist behind Rachelle and Tony's wedding album allows us to visit those intimate moments forever after.