Kara Winslow Makeup Artist Reviews

31 Reviews for Kara Winslow Makeup Artist

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/25/2019

Talented, Friendly, and Professional Wedding Makeup Artist

I hired Kara as a makeup artist for my wedding on October 25th in Gainesville. She did makeup for my four bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and myself. She met us at the cottage where we were getting ready. Kara is an incredibly talented makeup artist and a very professional business-woman. I felt very confident in her skills and abilities to make us all look beautiful and glamorous for my wedding day. She knows what will look best for you and gives you some choices for lip and eye color. The makeup turned out so beautifully for the photos! She is fun and friendly and is a great person to have around before your wedding to help with anything you may need. She will stay until after your ceremony to do touchups and help with anything else you may need! For example, she held my dress for me while I walked downstairs to go take photos and do my first-look. Overall, I would definitely recommend Kara if you are looking for a very talented and professional makeup artist for your wedding day!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Becky · Married on 11/24/2017

Kara was absolutely wonderful. I booked her package for 3 and she did an amazing job. My mom and MOH was very pleased and looked fabulous. She stayed around for touch-ups and assisted the photographer during photos. She is a great asset to your wedding team.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/23/2017

Kara came so highly recommended after asking for suggestions in a Facebook group and now I know why! I will never not recommend her to anyone. She is professional but fun and incredibly talented. I chose Kara for my wedding. After our initial meeting I felt so good about it. I am not a makeup person at all and she made me feel amazing without overdoing anything. She really understands individual needs. Not only did she do our makeup, but she stays for touch ups after the ceremony and even helped with my dress before walking down the aisle. Book Kara Winslow and you will not regret it!!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Alicia · Married on 02/25/2017

Finding Kara was a dream come true! I'm a simple girl and don't really wear that much makeup, if any. However, I wanted to look amazing for my wedding so I put my trust in her and boy did she come through. I felt beautiful all day long! I never would have considered wearing fake eyelashes, but they make a huge difference in wedding photos. So glad she talked me into that! She also did an amazing job making all of my girls look absolutely gorgeous. Kara stayed with us through the wedding ceremony for touch ups and even carried the train of my dress all over the place. She was like my fairy godmother for the day! Kara far surpassed my expectations and I would book her again and again!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2016

Hire this artist. Seriously. Hire her yesterday. I felt glamorous throughout my entire wedding but I still felt 100% like myself thanks to Kara. Not only did she make me feel confident in my look but she was a wonderful help to have with me on my wedding day. She was makeup artist and bridal assistant from getting ready through the ceremony. My new husband admitted the biggest "wow" moment for him was in fact my makeup! Kara was one of my vendors I was most confident and sure of and I could not be happier with the results. Thank you Kara!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/19/2016

Loved working with Kara for my engagement photo shoot make-up! She completely comforted me after I was a little nervous having such intense make-up, as I normally go for a more natural look. The pictures turned out great, and I'm so happy with how I looked!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Lindsay · Married on 01/16/2016

Kara is fabulous. It's as simple as that! Kara herself is an absolute joy to work with. So funny, kind, upbeat, and incredibly talented! I have worked with Kara in the past for other events other than my wedding and that's where I fell in love with her work. She is a true artist. It's not just putting on make up, she knows how to enhance your features and make you look even more incredible. She also has a great knowledge of what works and does not work with the camera so you never have to worry that you won't look good in photos cuz honey if you have Kara there she will make sure you look good!
    Now to the day of the wedding! Kara was very punctual we got started on my make up as soon as she had finished setting up her amazing artist kit. She did make up for me, my mother, and my mother in law and I swear we've never looked so damn fabulous in all of our lives! Kara was so amazing throughout the whole day I was blown away by her kindness and her undivided attention. She stayed even after the ceremony and somewhat into the beginning of the reception just to make sure there was not a lash out of place! As far as costs go she is totally affordable and worth every penny! Kara made my wedding day absolutely perfect! I could never thank her enough for doing such an amazing job!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Monica · Married on 07/18/2015

Kara did a beautiful, amazing job on makeup for the wedding and engagement shoot! She is extremely professional and gets her work done quickly and efficiently, while also being absolutely lovely and very helpful. She made the getting-ready process go so much smoother and I don't know what we would've done without her!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Kara is amazing! She is fun to work with. She did my makeup for my engagement photo session and my wedding day. She provided one of her staff to stay and do touch ups at our wedding but actually ended up staying herself and was a lot of fun and professional. I had a small wedding party that she also did makeup for. I was very pleased with the makeup. She listened to what I wanted and was able to deliver the beautiful look that I was imagining. I would highly recommend using Kara Winslow for your special event.
    Nadia Von Gunten

Sent on 11/22/2015

Rachael · Married on 08/23/2014

Kara did a fantastic job with my engagement photo and wedding makeup. She really knows how the makeup will translate in photos too. She arranges for either herself or her assistant to stay with you until after your wedding ceremony so you are always touched up and looking great for photos. My bridal party and I loved her and her assistant, Taylor. They definitely took the stress of looking good for pictures off our shoulders. Highly recommend using Kara!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Rachel it was so much fun getting to work with you for both your engagement session and your wedding day. Taylor loved getting to spend the day with you. Thank you for the great review.

Erin · Married on 07/26/2014

Very professional, prompt and made me feel so beautiful! I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you so much Erin. It was such a pleasure you getting to be part of your wedding day!

Debbie · event on: 07/22/2014

Kara has an ability to Create~Design ~ Educate as she does Your Makeup! Her knowledge coupled with her desire to make one feel Beautiful is a Gift!
    Not only did I look incredible, I felt confident in my appearance.

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Debbie it was so AMAZING getting to meet you and work with you. Next time you are in FL I hope we get to work together again!!!

Stephanie · event on: 07/12/2014

She has done my makeup a few tines for events and I appreciate the fact that she always listens to what I want.

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Stephanie thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. You know I always love the chance to work with you!!!
  • F

Fitz · event on: 07/09/2014

Kara has done my makeup for both magazine shoots and national television appearances. She's outstanding at was she does, fun to be around, timely and makes me look great. Who could ask for more?

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Fitz thank you so much for taking the time out of your crazy fabulous schedule to write a review for me. It is such an honor to get to work with you on a regular basis!!!

Nan · Married on 05/24/2014

Kara did my 13 year old's makeup for a birthday present photo shoot. The makeup was perfect; not over done, and my daughter was THRILLED!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Aw thank you Nan. It was so much fun getting to work with her.

Brooke · event on: 05/22/2014

Wow. I have worked with Kara twice and wouldn't want to work with anyone else. She knows her stuff and loves talking to you about her makeup. Kara can awnser any questions. She is also welcoming to critiques and changes you might want. Kara is very flexible in every way. I highly recommend her to anyone. She is my go to girl for anything and everything makeup!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Brooke thank you so much!!! I always enjoy getting the chance to work with you.

Stacey · Married on 05/03/2014

I actually used Kara for my best friend's wedding. Let me tell you something: KARA IS AWESOME. She is so down to earth, talented, and touched everyone up until after the ceremony. I felt very taken care of and received many compliments on the makeup!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Stacey thank you so much for your review. I had so much fun getting to work with you.

Kayde · Married on 04/26/2014

Kara and her Assistant Taylor did an amazing job with my makeup. I highly recommend her, also her assistant stayed till the ceremony was over to touch up the makeup from taking pictures. 5 stars :)

Sent on 05/03/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Kayde thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Taylor and I had a blast working with you. I'm so glad you were happy with our services.

Sarah · Married on 04/24/2014

Kara was awesome, so much fun, and she stuck around right up until the minute they sent me into the reception! My makeup looked amazing (in person, and especially in photos), and I was very pleased with her professionalism :) She made sure I was comfortable with everything, and she was very patient with my mom and mother-in-law, who don't normally wear much makeup. It was a pleasant experience for us all, and I highly recommend her for any professional makeup needs! Thank you Kara!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Sarah thank you so much for your review. My assistant and I had so much fun getting to work with you in St. Augustine for your beautiful wedding!

Bernadette · Married on 10/25/2013

Kara was so great! She did my makeup and stayed with me through the pictures before the ceremony, and touched me up again right after the ceremony so I would be fresh for the reception. I don't wear much make-up and I was nervous to have my make-up done, but Kara kept everything light and natural. It turned out beautifully in photographs and stayed on well for 9 hours of running around before the ceremony and dancing through the night!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Bernadette thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I really enjoyed getting to come to your family home and work with you on your big day. Your photos from the day are amazing!!!

Gentry · event on: 07/26/2013

I love working with Kara. She has done my makeup twice for family portraits. Not only does she make the experience fun, I also learn a lot from her. Kara is extremely professional, she listens to the client's needs and then gives a great product.

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Gentry thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is always such a pleasure getting to work with you and your amazing family. I'm so glad that I've become friends with you all and get to continue to be your family makeup artist!!!

Laura · Married on 12/07/2012

Kara is an amazing makeup artist and a fantastic person. We were lucky to have used Kara before for several events so she knew exactly what I wanted when it came time for the big day. She arrived promptly and stayed with me past my ceremony for post-tear touch ups. Save yourself a LOT of grief and hire Kara - you won't regret it!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you Laura. It was such a pleasure working with you.

Laura · Married on 12/07/2012

Although I am reviewing Kara's services based on my wedding, as a disclaimer, I've had Kara's makeup on my face for every major event I've had in the last four years - galas, family portrait sessions, weddings - you name it! I can't even begin to list all the amazing qualities that make Kara the ONLY person I will ever hire for makeup. First of all, she comes to you. And lets's face it, for most days that you are having professional makeup done, to the extent you don't have to go somewhere other than where you need to be, is amazing. For my wedding she arrived early (I was late, haha) and was available to do makeup for my bridesmaids and as well as my own. She has done my makeup enough to know my style but she has a very versatile portfolio so she can go as dramatic (more my style!) or subdued as you need her to go. She stayed with me throughout the rest of the day until after the ceremony for touch-ups here and there. I shed quite a few tears (of happiness!) at my wedding, so knowing she was close by to fix my mess was fantastic. Perhaps more than anything though, is Kara's easygoing and great personality. She is fun, caring, knows what she is doing and really does a great job in giving you exactly what you want. For more dramatic looks she creates her own accessories which have always been a huge hit whenever I wear them. I couldn't give a higher recommendation that the one I give to Kara. My only recommendation is to book her early because she is popular and although she will accommodate you if she can, she devotes all the attention she needs to her clients and won't book more than she can handle. So if you're looking to get married ANYTIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE, call Kara now! :)

Kara Winslow Makeup Artist's reply:

Laura I adore you!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this AMAZING review. I always love when I get to work with you. So excited that I already have you on my calendar again for another event coming up. You are a Makeup Artists dream!!!

Nigel · Married on 10/29/2011

Kara was amazing and I know my wife was so thrilled to be working with her! She did such an amazing job on not only my wife, but her grandmother, and the bridesmaids.

Iw ould recommend Kara to anybody in need of a make up artist!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Jaima · Married on 05/29/2011

Kara did the make-up for my wedding in Gainesville in May 2011. I am not a gal that normally wears much, if any make-up, at all. Kara was great at providing recommendations and did exactly what I asked her to do, which was to keep it natural but enhanced. I felt 100% like my best self on my wedding day and the make-up application was perfect in photos too. Kara was very professional. She was always available through email or phone and was always very punctual. I could not believe that she was there through my preparations both at the hotel and the wedding site, but she stayed through the wedding to touch up my make-up for pictures after. I really have nothing but great things to say about her and would definitely recommend her other brides. I'm thinking of taking one of make-up application tutorials because she really was amazing. Thanks, Kara.

Sent on 07/16/2011