26 Reviews for Joy of Music

26 Joy of Music Reviews

Joy was amazing to work with and made our ceremony music so special!!! She even took the time to learn a song that we had special requested!!! We are so happy choosing Joy, I wouldn't have changed a single thing!!! Look no more, book Joy!

Profile Picture User5276527, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Joy was absolutely perfect for our wedding. She provided piano and vocals for our cocktail hour and dinner. Everyone was thrilled to find out that we had a live musician - especially because she was so good that people didn't realize it was live at first. I highly recommend Joy to anyone planning an event in need of a live musician - she was friendly, prompt and very professional. I couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Jacky, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy was wonderful to work with. She provided the perfect music selections for our wedding. I would use her again for other events.

Profile Picture Joe, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We really enjoyed working with Joy and received many compliments from our wedding guests. We couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture User4386925, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy is amazing! She made the process of choosing music so easy and was so nice and friendly.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

My husband and I cannot speak highly enough about Joy and the quality of service she provided on our wedding day. She is a proven talent both as a pianist and vocalist, and this provided a beautiful experience for both wedding party and guests. We had wanted a very specific piece of piano music played for when I walked down the aisle that Joy had not previously played as a piano solo and did not have the sheet music for. Joy was confident she would be able to do it, and her delivery was spot on with what we had wanted! This made our ceremony so unique and special to us.

I highly recommend the Joy of Music to anyone for their special event. Joy's talent, professionalism and years of experience will provide you with a high quality service that you and all your guests will enjoy.

Profile Picture Jennie, 4/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy was by far one of the easiest vendors that we worked with for our wedding! Not only was she fun, friendly, and a great value...she helped us PLAN our ceremony. Her experience showed in every step of the process. She invited us to her home for a planning meeting and played so many beautiful songs for us, which helped so much! Thank you again so much Joy, we were so happy to have you be part of our special day! Our family & guests continue to compliment you & loved hearing you play! I have & will continue to send your information to every future bride I know! I also know that Joy's talent would work with any other type of event, not just weddings!!

Profile Picture Katie, 1/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

From the moment we met Joy, we knew she was going to be perfect for our wedding ceremony. She has a beautiful, distinctive, earthy voice that matched with our venue-outside at the MN Landscape Arboretum. We chose 2 songs and asked for a suggestion for the 3rd. She played us "When I Say I Do" and it brought my fiancé to tears. It was even more moving in the actual setting of the garden. Many of our guests at the reception commented on her performances; they used terms like fabulous, magnificent and emotional.
Joy is a pro; I would highly recommend her for any venue.

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy has a beautiful voice and was a pleasure to work with! She was willing to work with us on the cost so we could still have live music for our wedding ceremony. She has all of her own equipment (amp, Mic, piano) that she is able to bring, which saved us the trouble of finding & renting such items. She also assisted us in choosing unique songs that helped add another personal touch to our special day!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy was amazing! She sang two songs at our wedding...one was a special song a childhood girlfriend of mine wrote for us that brought such joy and meaning into our day! We cannot express our heartfelt appreciation to her enough!! Joy comes highly recommended to anyone seeking a beautiful singing voice, professionalism and flawless exececution!

Thank you so much Joy!

Profile Picture Esther , 8/10/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Makes your day easy! She was able to find the music that we needed for our ceremony which eliminated stress on my part:)

Profile Picture Kristen , 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We were really pleased with Joy and very happy with choosing her as pianist for our wedding.
She was very easy to work with, great demeanor, friendly, very flexible and accommodating - she learnt a couple of new songs both to play and to sing for our event and she helped us out with some equipment when we were caught short.

Having Joy as pianist added a real touch of elegance, I wouldn't hesitate to use her again or to recommend her to others.

Thanks Joy - you were brilliant.

Trevor and Jocelyn

Profile Picture Trevor, 7/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy was absolutely wonderful. Very professional, accountable and punctual. Not to mention, her voice is amazing!! Everyone at the wedding commented on how great she was! Would absolutely recommend her for your wedding!

Profile Picture Bridget, 5/31/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy did an excellent job, her music was beautiful, and she was great to work with!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy was, well, a joy to work with from the beginning. As a pianist myself, it was so refreshing to have an event musician with as strong of a background in classical piano as she does. But don't worry, she also plays lots of popular and non-classical music as well! She was extremely responsive and even worked us in on a day where she was booked for another wedding! (We had a morning/early afternoon event). On the day of she was fantastic at working around what we were doing at the time, which I as a bride really appreciated. Things will inevitably not go exactly on schedule, which Joy understood and expertly rolled with it.
I can't recommend her enough for your music needs, whatever they are, on your big day.

Profile Picture Kate, 4/27/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Joy was wonderful to work with! She was detailed and most importantly, she sounded amazing! The passion in her voice made many of our guests reach out to us over the days following.

Profile Picture Josh, 2/2/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I'm so grateful we found Joy! She was amazing from the start. During our consultation her beautiful, soulful voice brought me to tears. Everyone commented on how great her performance was after my wedding. She has a truly amazing gift and I was so happy that she was a part of our special day! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Jessy, 1/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Joy was easy to work with and had great suggestions for a couple who had no idea what they were doing! We really enjoyed her performance!

Profile Picture Tim, 12/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Joy as the pianist and vocalist for our wedding and things couldn't have gone more smoothly with the whole thing. Joy made us feel at ease from the start, which was huge during the planning stages. She was very open to the type of music we were looking for and playing exactly what we were hoping for. She even learned a new song to sing when I walked down the isle. I chose "A Thousand Years" and she sang it beautifully. We got so many compliments on having a piano player and I am very grateful for how professional and creative Joy was on the day of the wedding. She played during the ceremony and the entire reception and I couldn't be happier with her performance.

Profile Picture Jayme, 12/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We LOVE Joy!! She plays piano so beautifully, and her voice is just unbelievable... she added such a perfect dimension to our wedding ceremony that we are so thankful for and could never thank her enough for being there for us on our wedding day! She even learned songs for us that we had requested, and played them perfectly. We loved her, our guests loved her... Highly recommend having Joy play at your wedding!

Profile Picture Krista, 10/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Our daughter's wedding day will be one to remember. We were very lucky to find Joy and have her perform at the wedding ceremony. She is very talented, has a beautiful voice, and was great to work with in planning the music for the big day. I highly recommend Joy for your event.

Profile Picture User2710300, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy was fantastic. She was sweet, helpful and quick to respond to all of our inquiries. She even helped us out when we found ourselves without a microphone for the ceremony! The music went flawlessly. I would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User2710181, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Joy did a wonderful job at our wedding! Unfortunately, as a bride (or groom), when you are in the moment of your wedding (and excitement) you really zone out the music. I did, however, have many people comment on how beautiful the music was at our ceremony! Joy also sings and has a beautiful voice, but we only had her play piano for our wedding. We are very happy with her service.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/5/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Very easy to work with. Had great suggestions and was very adaptive to what we wanted.

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/28/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We had a small outdoor wedding and had Joy play piano for our ceremony and reception. We couldn't be happier or have chosen a better person for the job!! The music was beautiful and she was incredibly easy to work with throughout the whole planning process. If you are looking for a talented and professional musician for your wedding, call Joy first, our wedding wouldnt have been perfect without her!

Profile Picture David, 8/29/09, 1 Review