Joy of Music Reviews

26 | Minneapolis, MN

26 Reviews for Joy of Music

26 Joy of Music Reviews

Joy was amazing to work with and made our ceremony music so special!!! She even took the time to learn a song that we had special requested!!! We are so happy choosing Joy, I wouldn't have changed a single thing!!! Look no more, book Joy!

Jacky · Married on 10/11/2014

Joy was absolutely perfect for our wedding. She provided piano and vocals for our cocktail hour and dinner. Everyone was thrilled to find out that we had a live musician - especially because she was so good that people didn't realize it was live at first. I highly recommend Joy to anyone planning an event in need of a live musician - she was friendly, prompt and very professional. I couldn't be happier!

Joe · Married on 08/09/2014

Joy was wonderful to work with. She provided the perfect music selections for our wedding. I would use her again for other events.

We really enjoyed working with Joy and received many compliments from our wedding guests. We couldn't have been happier.

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2014

Joy is amazing! She made the process of choosing music so easy and was so nice and friendly.

Jennie · Married on 04/12/2014

My husband and I cannot speak highly enough about Joy and the quality of service she provided on our wedding day. She is a proven talent both as a pianist and vocalist, and this provided a beautiful experience for both wedding party and guests. We had wanted a very specific piece of piano music played for when I walked down the aisle that Joy had not previously played as a piano solo and did not have the sheet music for. Joy was confident she would be able to do it, and her delivery was spot on with what we had wanted! This made our ceremony so unique and special to us.

I highly recommend the Joy of Music to anyone for their special event. Joy's talent, professionalism and years of experience will provide you with a high quality service that you and all your guests will enjoy.

Katie · Married on 01/25/2014

Joy was by far one of the easiest vendors that we worked with for our wedding! Not only was she fun, friendly, and a great value...she helped us PLAN our ceremony. Her experience showed in every step of the process. She invited us to her home for a planning meeting and played so many beautiful songs for us, which helped so much! Thank you again so much Joy, we were so happy to have you be part of our special day! Our family & guests continue to compliment you & loved hearing you play! I have & will continue to send your information to every future bride I know! I also know that Joy's talent would work with any other type of event, not just weddings!!

Leslie · Married on 09/07/2013

From the moment we met Joy, we knew she was going to be perfect for our wedding ceremony. She has a beautiful, distinctive, earthy voice that matched with our venue-outside at the MN Landscape Arboretum. We chose 2 songs and asked for a suggestion for the 3rd. She played us "When I Say I Do" and it brought my fiancé to tears. It was even more moving in the actual setting of the garden. Many of our guests at the reception commented on her performances; they used terms like fabulous, magnificent and emotional.
    Joy is a pro; I would highly recommend her for any venue.

Christina · Married on 09/07/2013

Joy has a beautiful voice and was a pleasure to work with! She was willing to work with us on the cost so we could still have live music for our wedding ceremony. She has all of her own equipment (amp, Mic, piano) that she is able to bring, which saved us the trouble of finding & renting such items. She also assisted us in choosing unique songs that helped add another personal touch to our special day!

Trevor · Married on 07/20/2013

We were really pleased with Joy and very happy with choosing her as pianist for our wedding.
    She was very easy to work with, great demeanor, friendly, very flexible and accommodating - she learnt a couple of new songs both to play and to sing for our event and she helped us out with some equipment when we were caught short.

Having Joy as pianist added a real touch of elegance, I wouldn't hesitate to use her again or to recommend her to others.

Thanks Joy - you were brilliant.

Trevor and Jocelyn

Amy · Married on 05/26/2013

Joy did an excellent job, her music was beautiful, and she was great to work with!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thank you so much, Amy! I appreciate your kind words. :)

Kate · Married on 04/27/2013

Joy was, well, a joy to work with from the beginning. As a pianist myself, it was so refreshing to have an event musician with as strong of a background in classical piano as she does. But don't worry, she also plays lots of popular and non-classical music as well! She was extremely responsive and even worked us in on a day where she was booked for another wedding! (We had a morning/early afternoon event). On the day of she was fantastic at working around what we were doing at the time, which I as a bride really appreciated. Things will inevitably not go exactly on schedule, which Joy understood and expertly rolled with it.
    I can't recommend her enough for your music needs, whatever they are, on your big day.

Sent on 05/11/2013

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thanks so much for your wonderful review, Kate! Your wedding was so fantastic and fun and I am so happy that I got to make two new friends in the process. I am honored that you chose me to play for your wedding.

Josh · Married on 02/02/2013

Joy was wonderful to work with! She was detailed and most importantly, she sounded amazing! The passion in her voice made many of our guests reach out to us over the days following.

Jessy · Married on 01/05/2013

I'm so grateful we found Joy! She was amazing from the start. During our consultation her beautiful, soulful voice brought me to tears. Everyone commented on how great her performance was after my wedding. She has a truly amazing gift and I was so happy that she was a part of our special day! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!

Tim · Married on 12/28/2012

Joy was easy to work with and had great suggestions for a couple who had no idea what they were doing! We really enjoyed her performance!

Jayme · Married on 12/08/2012

We hired Joy as the pianist and vocalist for our wedding and things couldn't have gone more smoothly with the whole thing. Joy made us feel at ease from the start, which was huge during the planning stages. She was very open to the type of music we were looking for and playing exactly what we were hoping for. She even learned a new song to sing when I walked down the isle. I chose "A Thousand Years" and she sang it beautifully. We got so many compliments on having a piano player and I am very grateful for how professional and creative Joy was on the day of the wedding. She played during the ceremony and the entire reception and I couldn't be happier with her performance.

Krista · Married on 10/07/2012

We LOVE Joy!! She plays piano so beautifully, and her voice is just unbelievable... she added such a perfect dimension to our wedding ceremony that we are so thankful for and could never thank her enough for being there for us on our wedding day! She even learned songs for us that we had requested, and played them perfectly. We loved her, our guests loved her... Highly recommend having Joy play at your wedding!

Our daughter's wedding day will be one to remember. We were very lucky to find Joy and have her perform at the wedding ceremony. She is very talented, has a beautiful voice, and was great to work with in planning the music for the big day. I highly recommend Joy for your event.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/05/2011

Joy did a wonderful job at our wedding! Unfortunately, as a bride (or groom), when you are in the moment of your wedding (and excitement) you really zone out the music. I did, however, have many people comment on how beautiful the music was at our ceremony! Joy also sings and has a beautiful voice, but we only had her play piano for our wedding. We are very happy with her service.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! It was so fun getting to know you better and I'm so glad you were happy with my services. I appreciate the kind words, your wedding was beautiful!

Andrea · Married on 08/28/2010

Very easy to work with. Had great suggestions and was very adaptive to what we wanted.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thanks Andrea! It was so much fun meeting you and playing for your wedding :)

David · Married on 08/29/2009

We had a small outdoor wedding and had Joy play piano for our ceremony and reception. We couldn't be happier or have chosen a better person for the job!! The music was beautiful and she was incredibly easy to work with throughout the whole planning process. If you are looking for a talented and professional musician for your wedding, call Joy first, our wedding wouldnt have been perfect without her!

Sent on 09/10/2009

Joy of Music 's reply:

Goodness, thank you so much for your kind words! It means so much to me that you were happy with the music. It was so nice getting to know you a little better and I wish you guys incredible happiness in your future together!

Julie · Married on 08/08/2009

Everything was just wonderful!

Sent on 09/13/2009

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thank you, Julie! I'm so happy that you were pleased with the music. I loved the songs you picked out, they were so much fun to sing.

Makes your day easy! She was able to find the music that we needed for our ceremony which eliminated stress on my part:)

Bridget · Married on 05/31/2013

Joy was absolutely wonderful. Very professional, accountable and punctual. Not to mention, her voice is amazing!! Everyone at the wedding commented on how great she was! Would absolutely recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thank you so much, Bridget! It was a pleasure to work with you and your wedding was beautiful. I appreciate your kind words very much!

Esther · Married on 08/10/2013

Joy was amazing! She sang two songs at our wedding...one was a special song a childhood girlfriend of mine wrote for us that brought such joy and meaning into our day! We cannot express our heartfelt appreciation to her enough!! Joy comes highly recommended to anyone seeking a beautiful singing voice, professionalism and flawless exececution!

Thank you so much Joy!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Joy of Music 's reply:

Thank you so much, Esther! It was really a joy to perform at your wedding, it was so beautiful. I was honored to be a part of it!