1520 E Minnehaha Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55417 Map · Phone number

About Ben Siems / Willie August Project

Ben Siems / The Willie August Project Because I play several instruments and a variety of musical styles, I can provide both wedding ceremony and reception music for almost any style of wedding, from traditional to casual.

My two main instruments are cello and guitar, and I regularly work with musicians who play all of the following: cello, violin, flute, trumpet, piano, upright bass, percussion, and others.

For wedding ceremonies, I have provided music in all of the following formats: Classical (solo cello, two cellos, cello with vocalist, cello and violin, etc.); Folk (solo guitar, guitar with vocalist, guitar with piano, etc.); Meditative jazz (cello and guitar, guitar with upright bass, etc.)

For wedding receptions, I have provided the following styles and instrumental combinations: Jazz (with my trio, The Willie August Project - http://WillieAugust.tripod.com); Rock/Reggae/Blues/etc. (four- or five-piece band); Standards/American songbook (various instrumentations, with or without vocalist).

Whatever your stylistic preferences are, you can be assured that I work only with professional musicians and will provide the soundtrack you need to make your special day as perfect as it can be.

empire cover for nimbit
6057202b6ba17a20 Ben Siems in Concert Apr 2014
img5004 crop

5 Reviews for Ben Siems / Willie August Project

Karin · Married on 01/01/2018

Ben and his affiliated musicians were amazing to work with for my daughter's wedding. Ben coordinates with various musicians so you can get the combination of instruments you desire, which was important as we had trouble finding a duo of cellists. Ben meets with the couple to understand their vision, make recommendations, and handle all of the planning. He communicated in an incredibly thorough and responsive manner and followed through on every point, which is such a relief when you are handling the many details of a wedding!

In addition to a wide variety of prepared music, Ben offers the unique service of composing arrangements for any specific song that you desire, for a modest added fee. This allowed my daughter to put together the eclectic mix of music that perfectly captured the personality of their wedding.

The two cellists arrived promptly at the appointed time and were pleasant, prepared, and professional. The quality of their music was exceptional and made the ceremony and reception so lovely and memorable.

Our wedding budget was modest, so we weren't sure that live musicians were within reach. This group of musicians was more affordable than others we found, yet the caliber of their planning was absolutely top notch. In the end, we were so glad we hired these musicians as they really made the whole day more special.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Silvia · Married on 12/28/2016

Ben was so flexible, accommodating and understanding of our needs during the booking process, it was really easy to arrange all this. the day of we had exactly what we asked for, we didn't even realize what was going on while they were setting up and getting ready, and we enjoyed their music and flexibility very much. our guests loved the music and they all said the musicians were amazing. thank you Ben for everything!!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Kaylan · Married on 05/13/2016

We were so impressed with Ben when he put the music together for our wedding this past spring. We had some very specific requests with a mix of traditional and modern selections, which he was able to weave together seamlessly. Music is very important to me and my husband, and since Ben did the arrangements himself, it allowed for a lot of flexibility and customization. He is very reasonably priced, and was responsive over both phone and email whenever we had questions or wanted input. He was also able to send samples of our songs before the wedding so we could get an idea of what they would sound like and let him know if we wanted anything changed. Everything was beautiful and we had so many compliments about the music; my only regret is that I didn't record it! Ben is a true professional and we would love the opportunity to work with him again!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Ben Siems / Willie August Project FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music? $ 300.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Ceremony Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Reception Music
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, String - Trio, String - Quartet, Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Drums, Flute, Guitar, Organ, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin
  • What services do you provide? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learn New Songs, Microphones, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals

• 1520 E Minnehaha Pkwy Minneapolis, MN, 55417 See on map