JoVon Photography Reviews

JoVon Photography 6
JoVon Photography 7
  • F

Fern · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing engagement and wedding photos!

Choosing Jovon photography/video was a no brainer. I have two friends who have used them over the years and their pictures are all beyond amazing. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. My husband and I are not big on taking pictures or being the center of attention; our team was Cesar, Alex, Jessica, Jason & Gabby; they were all truly amazing and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Cesar and Jess did our engagement shoot they helped to make us feel comfortable and loosen up. We were blown away by how amazing those engagement pictures came out. By far better than I expected since we both hate having our pictures taken. Our wedding was 9/28 and we recently received a few teasers and so far looks like we’ll be blown away again! I’d recommend Jovon’s crew over and over again! Can’t wait to see the rest of our pics and video!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Hantman Waldman · Married on 09/14/2019

Couldn't have chosen a better vendor and photograper!

We are thrilled that we chose JoVon Photography and Videography for our wedding at The Royalton in Roslyn. We knew from our Engagement shoot with Dan that we had made the perfect selection. Our amazing team of Dan, Gabe, Ethan, Rob, Lina, and of course Jovon, went above and beyond to make our wedding day memorable and spectacular. They were all the ultimate professionals and happily captured all of our desired portrait combinations, which was not an easy feat- with a large family and a bridal party of 16 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen. They also made sure to catch so many fun and special candid shots during the day while we were getting ready, and throughout the ceremony and reception. The teasers we have already seen include some of the most innovative and exciting shots of our wedding that we could have imagined. Thank you for helping to make our day so special!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Amy

Amy Levine Kahn · Married on 09/01/2019

Amazing Pictures

5+ stars to David Roth and his crew at JoVon photography! We are beyond pleased with our results so far from our wedding 9.1.19. We’ve seen a few of the photos from the night and they are incredible! We can’t wait to see what is to come! They had great ideas for poses, photos, and videos! So happy with all their hard work and would recommend them to anyone looking for amazing photos on their wedding day. Thank you to David Roth at JoVon!

Sent on 09/08/2019
    JoVon Photography 8
    JoVon Photography 9
  • A&B

Brooke · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing Photo/Video Team!! Made us feel so comfortable and had great ideas!!

We used JoVon for both our Photographer and Videographer and we can’t wait to see the amazing things they captured. Jaclyn (Photo) and Carlos (Video) we’re experts and did such a good job of making us feel comfortable. They would set up beautiful scenes for both photo and video and anytime I turned around someone from their team was always there capturing every moment. Their team got everything and a good photo/video team is so important in capturing such an amazing day! We will cherish the photos and videos!!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing!!!!

From the first day that we met Dan during our engagement shoot, he made us both feel comfortable and we had the best time taking pictures. Dan has a very artistic sense and captures the most beautiful moments. Fast forward to our wedding day on 8/23/19 and we couldn’t have asked for a better team. Dan, Carlos, Gabe, Arianna, & Ray we’re all excellent and we had the best time working with them. Our teaser pictures/videos are absolutely stunning and we cannot wait to see what else they captured. We are forever grateful for Jovon Photography & Video for helping to make our wedding day “picture perfect” and we highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 08/23/2019

Absolutely amazing

I cannot recommend JoVon Photography enough. Everyone is super helpful and responsive. We worked with David and he is the most talented photographer, period. He is not afraid to get on the ground to get you that perfect shot, and he keeps everything so light & easy that you are comfortable the entire time and don't even mind that he's there, this is so important because this comfort is reflected in how your pictures come out. You can count on receiving both eye catching photos, and my favorite, photos like I am attaching below; which are not posed pictures, instead photographs of a captured moments; moments that perfectly depict feelings in that very second of time. I love how our hearts are completely shining through in these. They're natural, and that's a direct result of an outstanding, personable photographer that allowed us to be ourselves, and did not stop for a second, so to not miss shots like these. So, thank you David (and team). The photographer was the most important vendor to me, and to have keepsakes like this, is exactly why.

Sent on 10/11/2019
    JoVon Photography 22
    JoVon Photography 23

Talia Schwartz · Married on 08/18/2019

Great Team!

Thank you to our amazing team from JoVon for the fantastic pictures and experience on our wedding day! Dan, Nathan, Lina, Rob & Ray went above and beyond to make sure everything came out perfect. We just received our teasers (in under 2 weeks) and they are all we hoped they would be and more. All of the shots and lighting are so unique and we couldn't be more pleased. Dan also took the most amazing engagement photos in the Hamptons! He was very flexible and worked hard to make sure everything went smoothly! I highly recommend this team. Thank you guys for making our day so special. We hope to work with you again in the future

Sent on 08/30/2019

Marc Richardson · Married on 08/09/2019

Skilled Professional

David Roth from Jovon was one of the best experiences of the night. When you hire a photographer, you want to relax and enjoy the moment. His vast background in capturing the special moments will put you at ease immediately and that alone is priceless. David and Jessica were so nice and pleasant toward everyone they met. David actually showed a few of his pictures during the wedding and each one them wowed my wife and I. He had a few tricks up his sleeve that he saved for the end and they came out amazing. To sum it up, stop looking and book this vendor. Would recommend David Roth over and over again any day of the week. Totally satisfied.

Sent on 10/13/2019
    JoVon Photography 24

Deanna Acerra · Married on 08/03/2019

JoVon is amazing!

JoVon Photography is a pleasure to work with! I have never had a bad experience. From our first meeting with JoVon to our actual wedding day - everything was perfect.

We had Dan Downs as our main photographer on our wedding day. He also did our engagement shoot. I have nothing but good things to say about Dan. His work is absolutely amazing. Each photo was better than the next. He really has an eye for it, pair that with his patience and kind personality and you have the perfect person to work with. We are beyond happy we found Dan and cannot wait to see how the rest of our photos come out. Thank you Dan! You captured our day perfectly!

On our wedding day we had a full team with Dan. Arianna, assisted Dan. Gleb was Photographer #2, Rob was our main videographer, and Ray was Videographer #2. They were all great people. We had a wonderful day working with them. Can’t wait to see how everything comes out!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Diane Dallesandro · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing Team!

We cannot say enough about the JoVon photography and videography team who captured the details of our daughter and son-in-law's wedding on 7/13/19. Marco’s professional, yet calm disposition kept the entire bridal home, including 11 bridesmaids, tranquil from the moment his team entered until we left for the church. His gentle control of the entire wedding day in the same manner brought an overall sense of peace to the bride, groom and their families. Marco’s rapport with the videographer, Rob, his assistant, Victor and the second photographer, Nathan, was both professional and respectful. Their seamless ability to allow the day to flow naturally was evident as we never felt they were interfering with a ‘special moment.’ We anxiously await the photographs and video so we can relive Jillian and Louie’s perfect wedding day!
    Diane & Bill, Huntington

Sent on 07/26/2019

Samantha R. · Married on 07/13/2019

JoVon Photography is AMAZING!!!

My husband and I got married on July 13, 2019 at the Village Club at Lake Success. We are so thrilled that JoVon and his team took pictures and video at our wedding. From the moment that we met with David to discuss wedding packages, we knew that we were in the right place. Everyone who works with JoVon is professional, kind, and patient. JoVon spoke to me at least three times before the wedding day, and he answered every question that I had with patience and a great deal of knowledge. On the day of our wedding, JoVon and his team made us feel at ease. They directed us so that we would look out best in each picture while making the process fun. We received 28 sample pictures. They are stunning. There is no doubt in my mind that the rest of our pictures will be beautiful. I am so thrilled that we were able to work with JoVon Photography. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants amazing pictures of their event or wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Carla · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing team!

The JoVon team is AMAZING. They did our video for us and WOW I have never worked with anyone so enthusiastic, funny and professional! They went above and beyond for us. Including standing in ankle deep mud for several hours. They were so creative and went out of their way to get amazing footage. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this team. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Elena Fessenden · Married on 06/15/2019

Jedi Photographers

JoVon, Gabe, David, Carlos, and Dan basically ran my wedding for me, which is good, because I'm a space cadet. Gorgeous pictures! They're also hilarious. You'll have no problem smiling in your pics =)

Sent on 07/01/2019
    JoVon Photography 25
  • samantha

samantha · Married on 05/17/2019

The best photographer we could have asked for.

Every positive adjective in the book described our wedding day crew- We had David, Gabe and their video team + assistants at our 5.17.19 wedding. Aside from being the nicest crew of all my vendors, their creativity, professionalism and skills are unmatched. I can tell that from the 26 teaser photos I received less than a week after my wedding. Jenny the production manager at the office is amazing as well. My husband and I still talk about blessed we were to have them share our day with us. I CANNOT wait to get the rest of the photos back (David literally LAID in WET GRASS to get the best shots). Gabe was my paparazzi in the best way possible (as I joked with him the entire night) during the reception and every time I said to someone "oh we should get a photo!" there was Gabe with his camera ready to go. Words cannot express how thankful I am to JoVon. My family couldn't stop raving about them either- BOOK THESE PEOPLE!!

Sent on 05/29/2019

JoVon Photography's reply:

Thank you for this awesome review Samantha!!! So glad we pushed through and got to the preserve and did everything we planned for! Weather held out and you guys toughed it out and OMG were the pics worth it.

So many more to come!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2019

Wizard of the lens!

Let me tell you- David from JoVon is legit some sort of photography sorcerer. Not only a genius, but incredibly passionate his work. He’s willing to get down on the asphalt in a puddle, stop traffic, climb on rocks, get soaking wet, hang from the third ring of Jupiter by his pinky finger to get you the perfect shot. His sense of humor and vibrant personality help to calm your nerves & he keep things light and moving. His assistant Glev was also fantastic. At first I didn’t really think I cared that much about pictures, I always hate the way I look in them and thought that I wouldn’t really like anything I got. But let me tell you how much I love and cherish these shots so far, and I’ve only gotten teasers. Do yourself a favor and hire this artist! He made me actually grateful for rain on our wedding day!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    JoVon Photography 26
    JoVon Photography 27
    JoVon Photography 28
    JoVon Photography 29
    JoVon Photography 30
  • Jason

Jason Silverstein · Married on 04/05/2019

The wedding day quarterback and MVP - David!

There are not enough stars to give Jovon Photography! We used David, who played the perfect and professional quarterback to our wedding day. He navigated everyone's personalities and needs beautifully and has an eye for angles and creativity like I've never seen. He was truly wonderful and I cannot endorse him any more! He was great.

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Ricky

Ricky McDonald · Married on 02/02/2019

Top Notch Production team

We got married last month and the team at Jovon was nothing less than exceptional.

Being in the media industry myself it was very important to my wife and I to find a production team that possessed everything we would want if I were shooting a wedding.

Our production team made up of David, Pat, Tukes, Gabe, and Steve did not disappoint.

David and Gabe are great photographers, experts at their craft and think out of the box to get the most artistic and visually appealing shots. David has a great personality to keep everyone laughing and comfortable throughout the day.

Pat and Tukes are great cinematographers and know how to get the best shots that make the best edits.

Great team and would recommend over and over again 👌🏻

Sent on 03/26/2019

Adriana · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing photographers and videographers!!

I booked Jovon after seeing how beautiful my sister-in-laws photos turned out from her wedding and I’m so glad that I did. The photographer that I used was David, who is very creative and talented and has a great eye for photography!! Not to mention, he has a great personality and will make you laugh which is great because that keeps the energy going, taking photos on your wedding day can be exhausting. I also would like to thank Ray, the videographer, who is such a sweetheart!! Ray really went above and beyond for me. For instance, when I couldn’t find the bridal attendant because I wanted a bottle of water, Ray ran back to the bridal suite and got me a can of seltzer and pulled out a chair for me so I could took a break and rest from the photos. Ray and David were constantly checking up on me during the wedding to see if I was alright and having a good time, which I thought was the sweetest thing. Not only do David and Ray care about the work they do, they genuinely care about the well being of their clients as well. Thank you David and Ray for making my wedding special, you guys make an awesome team!! I can’t wait to see the photos and video, which I’m sure will turn out amazing because I know I’m in good hands!!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Patrick

Patrick Kennedy · Married on 09/14/2018

Expert professionals - gifted

We used JoVon for our wedding at the garden city hotel, in September 2018 - they were nothing short of expert professionals. David dealt with us from the start, and I knew when I met him, this guy lives what he does, and he will nail this. My wife thought the same. Passion, drive and respect is what you will get with him. And that’s what you are looking for. Everything from the engagement shoot, to the day of the wedding was 10/10 for us. It literally couldn’t have been a better service. Thank you Jovon and David, for your innate passion and your professionalism from the beginning. Patrick and Jennifer Kennedy

Sent on 02/22/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2018

David and his team were so amazing! We would recommend JoVon to anyone!! David was hilarious all day and his energy kept the entire wedding party laughing and excited! Our teaser pictures are absolutely beautiful! We are so excited to see the rest!! Thank you guys so so much!!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    JoVon Photography 31
    JoVon Photography 32

Daniela · Married on 04/28/2018

JoVon is the best of the best. When we first met with David at JoVon, he was amazing and got to know who we were as a couple. Unfortunately he was already booked for our wedding date but he knew right away that we would mesh with Molly. We met Molly for our engagement shoot in the Hamptons which was a lot of fun and the pictures she took were gorgeous. Even after being so impressed with her work, nothing prepared me for what was about to come at our wedding. Molly and the rest of the team - another photographer and videographer were unreal. Aside from the fact that they all had such amazing personalities and were so fun to work with - their talent for taking wedding photos and video is unmatched. When I got my wedding teaser photos a few days after, I started crying because the pictures were beyond anything I could have ever imagined. JoVons approach is so creative - they took so many shots from different angles and doing fun things with my veil, with the lighting, with smoke behind us, with sparklers, etc. that I have never seen before. The packages were a little pricier than some of the others we were comparing when we first booked, but it was 100% worth it and you get things included like the engagement shoot and a first baby shoot. I can't wait to see the rest of our pictures and I am already keeping in touch with Molly and David and following their work. I highly recommend them for a very personalized experience and incredible photos. They made our day so special and I loved every minute of working with them.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Lea · Married on 03/24/2018

We were blown away by David and his teams work for our wedding. Not only did they provide amazing photos and video but they made our wedding day SO enjoyable! Dave was so amazing to work with and he made the process so easy. We are so grateful we chose Jovon for our photography and videography. They made our day a dream come true!! We recommend Jovon in the highest regard!

Sent on 03/29/2018
    JoVon Photography 33
    JoVon Photography 34
    JoVon Photography 35

JoVon Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lea! You and Daniel were a beautiful couple!

Diane & Bill · Married on 02/16/2018

We cannot say enough about the professional service provided by our primary photographer, Dave, additional photographer, Gabe, our videographer, Pat and their assistants. From the moment they arrived at our home, their creativity and personal touches began. They simply took over, capturing every detail of the day, allowing us to simply ‘be in the moment.’ Although the day brought moments of slight rain, Dave used the lighting as a positive and waited for the sky to clear to capture the most incredible outdoor photos imaginable, those our daughter dreamed of. We can’t wait to see the finished product as over 6,000 pictures were taken!

Sent on 02/21/2018

JoVon Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Diane & Bill for giving us the opportunity to Capture Michelle & Brandon's Wedding Day! They were a amazing couple and you have a beautiful family! We wish them a lifetime of happiness!

Britany · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved every minute of working with Marco and his crew! He did an incredible engagement shoot and the wedding day went off without a hitch! For hair and makeup reasons, we were a bit delayed in getting started, but Marco and his team managed to get all the shots in flawlessly without ever making me feel stressed or pressed for time. He truly made me feel like a princess that day and it was absolutely amazing. The engagement photos were gorgeous and I can't wait to see our video and photos!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/17/2017

Every single person that worked my wedding was PHENOMENAL. We had David and Emily as our main shooters and Pat for video. From the first minute I met Dave, I knew he was the photographer for us. He is incredibly talented and so funny and real, no bullshit. I knew I needed someone funny who could keep up with me, and who I would be able to spend the day with and have fun, rather than feel like I was being dragged everywhere to take pictures. He was always around the whole process of planning if I had any questions or concerns. From the minute they arrived at my wedding we had so much fun, and they were beyond professional and organized. Emily was so sweet and down for whatever! I stuck her with the boys in the early parts of the wedding and she got so many fun shots of them while the girls did the getting ready pics with Dave. Dave and Pat are equally as funny and crazy talented and made the entire night a blast! They all showed me pics and video clips along the way to make sure I liked everything. They truly worked their asses off from start to finish and the results are everything. I am still waiting on my video footage but the pictures are insanely beautiful! I can't even put into words how important it is to have good pictures, the night goes so quickly and the only thing you will have forever is photos/video. I even just was in a friends wedding party and had the pleasure of working with Molly and Netti who were also phenomenal!! Jovon is worth every penny! Trust me, don't even think twice, just book it.

Sent on 12/25/2017