JoVon Photography Reviews

65 | East Norwich, NY

65 Reviews for JoVon Photography

65 JoVon Photography Reviews

Adriana · Married on 10/14/2018

Amazing photographers and videographers!!

I booked Jovon after seeing how beautiful my sister-in-laws photos turned out from her wedding and I’m so glad that I did. The photographer that I used was David, who is very creative and talented and has a great eye for photography!! Not to mention, he has a great personality and will make you laugh which is great because that keeps the energy going, taking photos on your wedding day can be exhausting. I also would like to thank Ray, the videographer, who is such a sweetheart!! Ray really went above and beyond for me. For instance, when I couldn’t find the bridal attendant because I wanted a bottle of water, Ray ran back to the bridal suite and got me a can of seltzer and pulled out a chair for me so I could took a break and rest from the photos. Ray and David were constantly checking up on me during the wedding to see if I was alright and having a good time, which I thought was the sweetest thing. Not only do David and Ray care about the work they do, they genuinely care about the well being of their clients as well. Thank you David and Ray for making my wedding special, you guys make an awesome team!! I can’t wait to see the photos and video, which I’m sure will turn out amazing because I know I’m in good hands!!

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2018

David and his team were so amazing! We would recommend JoVon to anyone!! David was hilarious all day and his energy kept the entire wedding party laughing and excited! Our teaser pictures are absolutely beautiful! We are so excited to see the rest!! Thank you guys so so much!!

JoVon Photography 1
    JoVon Photography 2

Daniela · Married on 04/28/2018

JoVon is the best of the best. When we first met with David at JoVon, he was amazing and got to know who we were as a couple. Unfortunately he was already booked for our wedding date but he knew right away that we would mesh with Molly. We met Molly for our engagement shoot in the Hamptons which was a lot of fun and the pictures she took were gorgeous. Even after being so impressed with her work, nothing prepared me for what was about to come at our wedding. Molly and the rest of the team - another photographer and videographer were unreal. Aside from the fact that they all had such amazing personalities and were so fun to work with - their talent for taking wedding photos and video is unmatched. When I got my wedding teaser photos a few days after, I started crying because the pictures were beyond anything I could have ever imagined. JoVons approach is so creative - they took so many shots from different angles and doing fun things with my veil, with the lighting, with smoke behind us, with sparklers, etc. that I have never seen before. The packages were a little pricier than some of the others we were comparing when we first booked, but it was 100% worth it and you get things included like the engagement shoot and a first baby shoot. I can't wait to see the rest of our pictures and I am already keeping in touch with Molly and David and following their work. I highly recommend them for a very personalized experience and incredible photos. They made our day so special and I loved every minute of working with them.

Lea · Married on 03/24/2018

We were blown away by David and his teams work for our wedding. Not only did they provide amazing photos and video but they made our wedding day SO enjoyable! Dave was so amazing to work with and he made the process so easy. We are so grateful we chose Jovon for our photography and videography. They made our day a dream come true!! We recommend Jovon in the highest regard!

Sent on 03/29/2018
    JoVon Photography 3
    JoVon Photography 4
    JoVon Photography 5

JoVon Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lea! You and Daniel were a beautiful couple!

Diane & Bill · Married on 02/16/2018

We cannot say enough about the professional service provided by our primary photographer, Dave, additional photographer, Gabe, our videographer, Pat and their assistants. From the moment they arrived at our home, their creativity and personal touches began. They simply took over, capturing every detail of the day, allowing us to simply ‘be in the moment.’ Although the day brought moments of slight rain, Dave used the lighting as a positive and waited for the sky to clear to capture the most incredible outdoor photos imaginable, those our daughter dreamed of. We can’t wait to see the finished product as over 6,000 pictures were taken!

Sent on 02/21/2018

JoVon Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Diane & Bill for giving us the opportunity to Capture Michelle & Brandon's Wedding Day! They were a amazing couple and you have a beautiful family! We wish them a lifetime of happiness!

Britany · Married on 09/23/2017

I loved every minute of working with Marco and his crew! He did an incredible engagement shoot and the wedding day went off without a hitch! For hair and makeup reasons, we were a bit delayed in getting started, but Marco and his team managed to get all the shots in flawlessly without ever making me feel stressed or pressed for time. He truly made me feel like a princess that day and it was absolutely amazing. The engagement photos were gorgeous and I can't wait to see our video and photos!

Stephanie · Married on 09/17/2017

Every single person that worked my wedding was PHENOMENAL. We had David and Emily as our main shooters and Pat for video. From the first minute I met Dave, I knew he was the photographer for us. He is incredibly talented and so funny and real, no bullshit. I knew I needed someone funny who could keep up with me, and who I would be able to spend the day with and have fun, rather than feel like I was being dragged everywhere to take pictures. He was always around the whole process of planning if I had any questions or concerns. From the minute they arrived at my wedding we had so much fun, and they were beyond professional and organized. Emily was so sweet and down for whatever! I stuck her with the boys in the early parts of the wedding and she got so many fun shots of them while the girls did the getting ready pics with Dave. Dave and Pat are equally as funny and crazy talented and made the entire night a blast! They all showed me pics and video clips along the way to make sure I liked everything. They truly worked their asses off from start to finish and the results are everything. I am still waiting on my video footage but the pictures are insanely beautiful! I can't even put into words how important it is to have good pictures, the night goes so quickly and the only thing you will have forever is photos/video. I even just was in a friends wedding party and had the pleasure of working with Molly and Netti who were also phenomenal!! Jovon is worth every penny! Trust me, don't even think twice, just book it.

JoVon Photography 6
    JoVon Photography 12
    JoVon Photography 13
    JoVon Photography 14

Andrea · Married on 07/30/2017

There aren't enough words to explain how incredible or JoVon team was at our wedding! David, Marco & Rob along with their assistants were amazing! Their eye for detail and the knowledge of their craft exceeds any expectation. They were all wonderfully professional, fun and accommodating. Every single person in our bridal party, as well as our families, kept commenting on how wonderful they were. The shots we were able to see on the fly that day were stunning and have my *husband* (haha) and I on the edge of our seats waiting to see what masterpieces they've created. I cannot recommend David, Marco & Rob, as well as the whole JoVon staff, more!!! Everything from our first meeting until the end of our wedding night was easy, transparent, and stellar in quality. You will never regret hiring JoVon for your event. Thank you for making our engagement, wedding & overall experience so wonderful. Xoxo
    ~Andrea & Evan Tabickman

Jaclyn · Married on 07/29/2017

Dave was awesome. We used them for photo and video. All our bridal party plans on using them or wishes they used them.

Lauren · Married on 03/10/2017

JoVon Photography- Phenomenal pictures taken by an extremely fun & talented team- DAVE, Marko, Pat, Bryan, Jay & Joey-- thank you, thank you!!!!!!! I contacted Dave as a rec from my make-up artist. We met at the NYC studio and from the moment we started chatting I felt like I knew him from back in the day. He is so nice and easy to talk to, but also extremely good at what he is-- such a talented photographer. We started with the engagement shoot--- where he proved he will go great lengths to get the perfect shot!! Our pictures were so beautiful. Day of our wedding it snowed and I was a bit anxious about that. He walked into my house and practically screamed how much he loves doing snowy weddings, I felt 100x better after hearing this because I knew he meant (he had mentioned this before). We also included the video and same day edit in our package which are both must haves. The same day edit is something for everyone to enjoy at your reception and then for you to look at each and every day after- totally worth it- I've watched it everyday since last week, sometimes twice a day.
    Everything fell into place and there was never a doubt in our minds with our decision. We cannot wait to get our pictures after seeing some of the shots on the camera that day. We know everything will be flawless.
    I am genuinely going to miss Dave and his team because they made the day extra enjoyable with their quick jokes and banter with our family & friends. You guys are seriously amazing, Dave you ROCK!!!

kathryn · Married on 01/01/2017

David, Marco and the rest of the team were simply amazing on my wedding day (I wish I could get married again just to have them photograph it). From the beautiful photos to their energy and professionalism.. it was A+ from the beginning to the end. All my friends who saw the teaser photos could not stop raving about them. I would recommend Jovon Photography to everyone planning a wedding!! Even everyone in their office were so accommodating when I had to reschedule my engagement shoot etc. A++++ customer service!

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

The only word that comes to mind when I think of JoVon Photography is STUNNING! The work that David and his whole team put into our wedding day was absolutely breathtaking! They made our it so much fun, from the minute they started shooting pictures at our homes, until the very last second at our reception! David and Lenny did such a fantastic job guiding us trough the process, laughing and smiling the entire time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day even more memorable than we could have ever imagined! You are all so very talented in the work that you do. I would highly recommend JoVon to anyone who is looking for the best photographers/videographers around New York. Thank you all again, so much!

Tom · Married on 08/26/2016

Jo Von exceeded our expectations from start to finish. Our first interaction with David made the decision to pick Jo Von as our photographer/videographer an easy one. David took the time to understand what we wanted for our engagement pictures and the wedding.
    On the actual wedding day, David and his team worked hard to make sure no shot or moment was missed. They were creative in their ideas and it's easy to see that they truly love their job and are not there simply to take the standard shots.
    Jenny was extremely helpful for our albums and prints.
    Jo Von was professional, effective and creative for every step of the process.

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

JoVon went above and beyond for our engagement shoot and wedding. Dan was our photographer and we knew since we met him at our engagement shoot he would supply us with the best photos ever and he did just that. He was accompanied by two other people at our wedding and the "sneak peaks" are AMAZING!!!! You definitely get what you pay for at JoVon and I would use them again in the future and recommend them to anyone and everyone. Thank you for photographing the most important day of our lives.

Heather · Married on 05/29/2016

Dave from Jovon did our engagement shoot about a month ago. We chose a place he had never been before, so I was nervous about him knowing specific shots and angles. Our pictures came out amazing! I cannot wait to see what he has in store for our wedding day!

M · Married on 05/28/2016

Worked with David & he was a blast! Totally made everyone laugh & feel comfortable - love that since I hate posed/stiff photos. He really went all out to get different angles & positions for photos. It was awesome working with him and recommend him to everyone.

Lauren · Married on 03/19/2016

My husband and I had JoVon photograph our wedding and we are so happy we did. Not only are the photos beautiful, but they were fun and lively professionals who were a pleasure to have at our wedding and reception.

• User5121924 · 2+ years ago

Jovon was so accommodating and helpful when meeting with us and speaking about our photography needs for our wedding day. I didn't even plan on getting videography, and I was very skeptical about choosing my vendors, but after seeing the teams work, I couldn't help but go with them. They were lovely! My parents used Jovon for their wedding photographer 30 years ago, so they must be doing something right!! I have gotten so many recommendations from friends and family, and once I met with Jovon and saw the teams' work, I understood exactly why. I have already recommended them to 3 couples getting married next year as well. I recommend you call them and sit down with them as well!! You won't be disappointed.

Danielle · Married on 11/13/2015

We got married this past Friday 11-13-15 at Carlyle on the Green and our day was beyond perfection!! David and his team from Jo Von Photography were a big part of the reason our day was so amazing . The passion they have for their job and their artistry shows! They not only create the most memorable and beautiful photos you have ever seen , they make the experience so fun, and one you will never forget!! My Husband who normally hates taking pictures can not stop talking about how much he enjoyed the team and what a great job they did. Its undeniable that Jo Von made us feel like the most special people in the world, and I cant ever thank them all enough, they are the BEST!!

michelle · Married on 10/25/2015

I worked with David and Marco and they were both so amazing. Great energy great ideas and my pictures were absolutely beautiful !! They even stayed later just to get more great shots !! They even threw in my first baby photo shoot that I'm really looking forward too ! My family and bridal party loved Marco. He's so funny and relaxing. I couldn't of asked for a better photographer !! Thank you so much !!

My wife and I spent an enormous amount of time looking for a photographer for our wedding. We started out by researching the different types of photography styles. Once we decided on a style it helped narrow down the amount of photographers on the market, and in Long Island there are more than you could ever imagine. Next we used reviews from a dozen different sources and most importantly, word of mouth referrals. It came down to 3 different photography companies, all with phenomenal reputations. We chose Jovon Photography over the others and it came down to one reason: David. David has a passion and drive like you've never seen. He loves what he does and there is no one better at it than him. He listens to the bride and groom and guides them through their journey. He understands how important this day is to them and he understands the gravity of the role he plays. Your photographer is the one that captures this moment. Your wedding day is only a day and it will fly by faster than you could ever want it to. The photographer must grasp that moment in time and no one takes this responsibility more seriously than David. He teaches you how to be in a photo. He takes the time to explain everything he is doing and why he is doing it. He never pressures you to buy anything, but he always gives you options. His goal is one thing, your happiness. If I could recommend you spend your money on anything for your wedding, its definitely on your photographer. We went with Davids team which included himself as the main photographer, a photo journalist, a videographer, and two assistants. Please don't pass on the videographer, you will regret it. Make your life simple, and just call Jovon Photography and ask for David.

Laura · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I had the BEST experience with Jovon photography for our wedding (9/19/15). We first met with Lisa in the office and she was so wonderful! She listened to exactly what we wanted and needed for our wedding. They were so accommodating! We live in Philadelphia but were getting married on Long Island. We wanted our engagement photos to be done in Philly and immediately they said yes. We were so lucky to have Dan as our photographer. He was so enthusiastic about coming down to Philly and it made us really happy. You can tell Dan LOVES being a photographer! His passion for it truly showed when we first worked with him and his experience was evident. He had so many great ideas even without knowing Philly and the areas we wanted pictures done. They came out AMAZING!! So needless to say we were so excited he would be taking our wedding photos. Fast forward to a year later and he arrived with Andrew, the lighting assistant, at my parents house where I was getting ready. He captured so many amazing photos with me and my girls and family before heading to the church. We also had a second photographer, Chrissy, who was wonderful with the guys to start and with all of us later on. The whole team was phenomenal and we couldn't be happier with all of our pictures! They were so patient with our large bridal party and big families and truly captured our amazing day. The best part is they give you all of the proofs of every photo in this awesome box!! Plus you get the high resolution CDs with all of them to print or do anything you want! Overall we had the best experience! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 02/19/2016

JoVon Photography's reply:

Thank you Laura. It was my pleasure working with you as well. Thank you for allowing Dan to Capture your Big Day. Enjoy your Beautiful Photo's!! All the Best, Lisa

Kerri · Married on 08/28/2015

There are no words to describe what David and his crew have done to make not only my photos incredible but also to make our wedding day the day of our dreams! From the moment we walked into jovon studio and met the staff, to the engagement shoot, through the entire wedding and after party they have made this experience so amazing for us. They know just how to make you feel comfortable and make you laugh while also being professional and getting the good shot! Dave even had to fix my bustle at one point when my MOH was about to cut off my train! They go above and beyond what is expected of them. I cannot wait to see my photos but I know they will be gorgeous! Thank you to everyone there at Jovon Photography for being such a huge part in making our wedding a dream come true!

Antonia · Married on 08/01/2015

David, our head photographer, Pat, our videographer, and the entire team was phenomenal! David is extremely creative with his shots, fast-paced, and fun to work with. He made sure I was able to get all the pictures I wanted, even though we had limited time. Pat, the videographer, created the most amazing same day edit in such a short period of time. David made sure we didn't miss any photo opportunities, such as during the sunset and the full moon. He, as well as the rest of the team, are professional, social, and experienced. David took the time to show us some of the beautiful shots he had taken. Also, he made sure we were satisfied with everything and asked what specific pictures we wanted taken.

Michelle · Married on 07/31/2015

JoVon Photography worked both my brother's wedding in 2010 and my own this July 2015. The office staff is friendly and helpful - pick their brains for recommendations to other vendors as well. The photographers and videographers are not only extremely talented, but hilarious! It was such a pleasure to spend the day with them. Throughout the day, they made sure that they captured all of the traditional moments and always made it a point to ask me if I got everything I wanted before moving on. As they work, each photographer constantly tried to expand their creativity and capture the best shots in every setting. You never once felt that your pictures were going to look like every other album you see posted on social media. I have received so many complements from my engagement pictures to the handful of pictures I have immediately following the wedding. Everyone has said they are the best pictures they have ever seen. I can't wait for the rest to be ready! Between the quality of work and everything that is included (engagement shoot, prints, albums, etc.), it is completely worth the money! Lastly, they are just genuinely good people and have become like family over the last 5 years. I highly recommend JoVon Photography... and in particular, Dave and his crew!