59 Reviews for JoVon Photography

Toning (1)
Canvas (1)
Matted Prints (1)
59 JoVon Photography Reviews

I loved every minute of working with Marco and his crew! He did an incredible engagement shoot and the wedding day went off without a hitch! For hair and makeup reasons, we were a bit delayed in getting started, but Marco and his team managed to get all the shots in flawlessly without ever making me feel stressed or pressed for time. He truly made me feel like a princess that day and it was absolutely amazing. The engagement photos were gorgeous and I can't wait to see our video and photos!

Profile Picture Britany, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Prints, Thank You Cards, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Every single person that worked my wedding was PHENOMENAL. We had David and Emily as our main shooters and Pat for video. From the first minute I met Dave, I knew he was the photographer for us. He is incredibly talented and so funny and real, no bullshit. I knew I needed someone funny who could keep up with me, and who I would be able to spend the day with and have fun, rather than feel like I was being dragged everywhere to take pictures. He was always around the whole process of planning if I had any questions or concerns. From the minute they arrived at my wedding we had so much fun, and they were beyond professional and organized. Emily was so sweet and down for whatever! I stuck her with the boys in the early parts of the wedding and she got so many fun shots of them while the girls did the getting ready pics with Dave. Dave and Pat are equally as funny and crazy talented and made the entire night a blast! They all showed me pics and video clips along the way to make sure I liked everything. They truly worked their asses off from start to finish and the results are everything. I am still waiting on my video footage but the pictures are insanely beautiful! I can't even put into words how important it is to have good pictures, the night goes so quickly and the only thing you will have forever is photos/video. I even just was in a friends wedding party and had the pleasure of working with Molly and Netti who were also phenomenal!! Jovon is worth every penny! Trust me, don't even think twice, just book it.

Photos
Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

There aren't enough words to explain how incredible or JoVon team was at our wedding! David, Marco & Rob along with their assistants were amazing! Their eye for detail and the knowledge of their craft exceeds any expectation. They were all wonderfully professional, fun and accommodating. Every single person in our bridal party, as well as our families, kept commenting on how wonderful they were. The shots we were able to see on the fly that day were stunning and have my *husband* (haha) and I on the edge of our seats waiting to see what masterpieces they've created. I cannot recommend David, Marco & Rob, as well as the whole JoVon staff, more!!! Everything from our first meeting until the end of our wedding night was easy, transparent, and stellar in quality. You will never regret hiring JoVon for your event. Thank you for making our engagement, wedding & overall experience so wonderful. Xoxo
~Andrea & Evan Tabickman

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Dave was awesome. We used them for photo and video. All our bridal party plans on using them or wishes they used them.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 7/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

JoVon Photography- Phenomenal pictures taken by an extremely fun & talented team- DAVE, Marko, Pat, Bryan, Jay & Joey-- thank you, thank you!!!!!!! I contacted Dave as a rec from my make-up artist. We met at the NYC studio and from the moment we started chatting I felt like I knew him from back in the day. He is so nice and easy to talk to, but also extremely good at what he is-- such a talented photographer. We started with the engagement shoot--- where he proved he will go great lengths to get the perfect shot!! Our pictures were so beautiful. Day of our wedding it snowed and I was a bit anxious about that. He walked into my house and practically screamed how much he loves doing snowy weddings, I felt 100x better after hearing this because I knew he meant (he had mentioned this before). We also included the video and same day edit in our package which are both must haves. The same day edit is something for everyone to enjoy at your reception and then for you to look at each and every day after- totally worth it- I've watched it everyday since last week, sometimes twice a day.
Everything fell into place and there was never a doubt in our minds with our decision. We cannot wait to get our pictures after seeing some of the shots on the camera that day. We know everything will be flawless.
I am genuinely going to miss Dave and his team because they made the day extra enjoyable with their quick jokes and banter with our family & friends. You guys are seriously amazing, Dave you ROCK!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints

David, Marco and the rest of the team were simply amazing on my wedding day (I wish I could get married again just to have them photograph it). From the beautiful photos to their energy and professionalism.. it was A+ from the beginning to the end. All my friends who saw the teaser photos could not stop raving about them. I would recommend Jovon Photography to everyone planning a wedding!! Even everyone in their office were so accommodating when I had to reschedule my engagement shoot etc. A++++ customer service!

Profile Picture kathryn, 1/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

The only word that comes to mind when I think of JoVon Photography is STUNNING! The work that David and his whole team put into our wedding day was absolutely breathtaking! They made our it so much fun, from the minute they started shooting pictures at our homes, until the very last second at our reception! David and Lenny did such a fantastic job guiding us trough the process, laughing and smiling the entire time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day even more memorable than we could have ever imagined! You are all so very talented in the work that you do. I would highly recommend JoVon to anyone who is looking for the best photographers/videographers around New York. Thank you all again, so much!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jo Von exceeded our expectations from start to finish. Our first interaction with David made the decision to pick Jo Von as our photographer/videographer an easy one. David took the time to understand what we wanted for our engagement pictures and the wedding.
On the actual wedding day, David and his team worked hard to make sure no shot or moment was missed. They were creative in their ideas and it's easy to see that they truly love their job and are not there simply to take the standard shots.
Jenny was extremely helpful for our albums and prints.
Jo Von was professional, effective and creative for every step of the process.

Profile Picture Tom, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

JoVon went above and beyond for our engagement shoot and wedding. Dan was our photographer and we knew since we met him at our engagement shoot he would supply us with the best photos ever and he did just that. He was accompanied by two other people at our wedding and the "sneak peaks" are AMAZING!!!! You definitely get what you pay for at JoVon and I would use them again in the future and recommend them to anyone and everyone. Thank you for photographing the most important day of our lives.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave from Jovon did our engagement shoot about a month ago. We chose a place he had never been before, so I was nervous about him knowing specific shots and angles. Our pictures came out amazing! I cannot wait to see what he has in store for our wedding day!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Worked with David & he was a blast! Totally made everyone laugh & feel comfortable - love that since I hate posed/stiff photos. He really went all out to get different angles & positions for photos. It was awesome working with him and recommend him to everyone.

Profile Picture M, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

My husband and I had JoVon photograph our wedding and we are so happy we did. Not only are the photos beautiful, but they were fun and lively professionals who were a pleasure to have at our wedding and reception.

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/19/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jovon was so accommodating and helpful when meeting with us and speaking about our photography needs for our wedding day. I didn't even plan on getting videography, and I was very skeptical about choosing my vendors, but after seeing the teams work, I couldn't help but go with them. They were lovely! My parents used Jovon for their wedding photographer 30 years ago, so they must be doing something right!! I have gotten so many recommendations from friends and family, and once I met with Jovon and saw the teams' work, I understood exactly why. I have already recommended them to 3 couples getting married next year as well. I recommend you call them and sit down with them as well!! You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture User5121924, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We got married this past Friday 11-13-15 at Carlyle on the Green and our day was beyond perfection!! David and his team from Jo Von Photography were a big part of the reason our day was so amazing . The passion they have for their job and their artistry shows! They not only create the most memorable and beautiful photos you have ever seen , they make the experience so fun, and one you will never forget!! My Husband who normally hates taking pictures can not stop talking about how much he enjoyed the team and what a great job they did. Its undeniable that Jo Von made us feel like the most special people in the world, and I cant ever thank them all enough, they are the BEST!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 11/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I worked with David and Marco and they were both so amazing. Great energy great ideas and my pictures were absolutely beautiful !! They even stayed later just to get more great shots !! They even threw in my first baby photo shoot that I'm really looking forward too ! My family and bridal party loved Marco. He's so funny and relaxing. I couldn't of asked for a better photographer !! Thank you so much !!

Profile Picture michelle, 10/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

My wife and I spent an enormous amount of time looking for a photographer for our wedding. We started out by researching the different types of photography styles. Once we decided on a style it helped narrow down the amount of photographers on the market, and in Long Island there are more than you could ever imagine. Next we used reviews from a dozen different sources and most importantly, word of mouth referrals. It came down to 3 different photography companies, all with phenomenal reputations. We chose Jovon Photography over the others and it came down to one reason: David. David has a passion and drive like you've never seen. He loves what he does and there is no one better at it than him. He listens to the bride and groom and guides them through their journey. He understands how important this day is to them and he understands the gravity of the role he plays. Your photographer is the one that captures this moment. Your wedding day is only a day and it will fly by faster than you could ever want it to. The photographer must grasp that moment in time and no one takes this responsibility more seriously than David. He teaches you how to be in a photo. He takes the time to explain everything he is doing and why he is doing it. He never pressures you to buy anything, but he always gives you options. His goal is one thing, your happiness. If I could recommend you spend your money on anything for your wedding, its definitely on your photographer. We went with Davids team which included himself as the main photographer, a photo journalist, a videographer, and two assistants. Please don't pass on the videographer, you will regret it. Make your life simple, and just call Jovon Photography and ask for David.

Profile Picture User5612993, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Slideshow

My husband and I had the BEST experience with Jovon photography for our wedding (9/19/15). We first met with Lisa in the office and she was so wonderful! She listened to exactly what we wanted and needed for our wedding. They were so accommodating! We live in Philadelphia but were getting married on Long Island. We wanted our engagement photos to be done in Philly and immediately they said yes. We were so lucky to have Dan as our photographer. He was so enthusiastic about coming down to Philly and it made us really happy. You can tell Dan LOVES being a photographer! His passion for it truly showed when we first worked with him and his experience was evident. He had so many great ideas even without knowing Philly and the areas we wanted pictures done. They came out AMAZING!! So needless to say we were so excited he would be taking our wedding photos. Fast forward to a year later and he arrived with Andrew, the lighting assistant, at my parents house where I was getting ready. He captured so many amazing photos with me and my girls and family before heading to the church. We also had a second photographer, Chrissy, who was wonderful with the guys to start and with all of us later on. The whole team was phenomenal and we couldn't be happier with all of our pictures! They were so patient with our large bridal party and big families and truly captured our amazing day. The best part is they give you all of the proofs of every photo in this awesome box!! Plus you get the high resolution CDs with all of them to print or do anything you want! Overall we had the best experience! Thank you so much!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Laura, 9/19/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

There are no words to describe what David and his crew have done to make not only my photos incredible but also to make our wedding day the day of our dreams! From the moment we walked into jovon studio and met the staff, to the engagement shoot, through the entire wedding and after party they have made this experience so amazing for us. They know just how to make you feel comfortable and make you laugh while also being professional and getting the good shot! Dave even had to fix my bustle at one point when my MOH was about to cut off my train! They go above and beyond what is expected of them. I cannot wait to see my photos but I know they will be gorgeous! Thank you to everyone there at Jovon Photography for being such a huge part in making our wedding a dream come true!

Profile Picture Kerri, 8/28/15, 6 Reviews
4.2

So far we are please with Jovon. Out engagement shoot with Marco came out great and we are looking forward to working with him at the wedding. Only issue so far is that it is taking a while to get the prints we ordered from our engagement shoot, but everyone has been pleasant to work with.

Profile Picture User4414102, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

David, our head photographer, Pat, our videographer, and the entire team was phenomenal! David is extremely creative with his shots, fast-paced, and fun to work with. He made sure I was able to get all the pictures I wanted, even though we had limited time. Pat, the videographer, created the most amazing same day edit in such a short period of time. David made sure we didn't miss any photo opportunities, such as during the sunset and the full moon. He, as well as the rest of the team, are professional, social, and experienced. David took the time to show us some of the beautiful shots he had taken. Also, he made sure we were satisfied with everything and asked what specific pictures we wanted taken.

Profile Picture Antonia, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

JoVon Photography worked both my brother's wedding in 2010 and my own this July 2015. The office staff is friendly and helpful - pick their brains for recommendations to other vendors as well. The photographers and videographers are not only extremely talented, but hilarious! It was such a pleasure to spend the day with them. Throughout the day, they made sure that they captured all of the traditional moments and always made it a point to ask me if I got everything I wanted before moving on. As they work, each photographer constantly tried to expand their creativity and capture the best shots in every setting. You never once felt that your pictures were going to look like every other album you see posted on social media. I have received so many complements from my engagement pictures to the handful of pictures I have immediately following the wedding. Everyone has said they are the best pictures they have ever seen. I can't wait for the rest to be ready! Between the quality of work and everything that is included (engagement shoot, prints, albums, etc.), it is completely worth the money! Lastly, they are just genuinely good people and have become like family over the last 5 years. I highly recommend JoVon Photography... and in particular, Dave and his crew!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/31/15, 4 Reviews
2.4

Definitely do not recommend this photographer for a wedding. We went with this photographer, because they were sending multiple "shooters." Since they all took primarily the same shots it really didn't accomplish much. Jo Von got lost coming here, even though he had been here for the "free" engagement shoot (which meant that all of the pictures had a Jo Von watermark on them) and delayed our very tight schedule by 1/2 hour. In this day of social media and instant access to everything, it took over 6 weeks to see any pictures (because it was their "busy season" idc). We were missing many very basic pictures that one would expect to have in wedding photos, such as the bride and groom with all of their siblings; all of the tables (2 were never taken and since they had the great idea to take the tables at the small table that the bride and groom sat at, there is a bartender or waiter in the background of each one); a decent picture of the groom and his mother dancing; the groomsmen on one side and the bridesmaids on the other side of the couple; and, most importantly, an outstanding portrait of the bride and groom (over a year later and the bride hasn't had an 11 x 14 printed, because there is nothing great). Also, because they had several photographers working simultaneously, the photos were put up in order by each photographer, instead of in the order they were taken, so you can just imagine how difficult if was to organize them and select the photos for the album. It was difficult to get an appointment to go over the album layout once a decision was made. In other words, we were not happy and neither was my friend who used them less than two months after we did.

Profile Picture User7184383, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marco was a great photographer!! His team was very professional, flexible and a pleasure to work with. If you go with Jovon - ask for Marco!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Jovon and his team did an amazing job with our wedding making sure they captured all our special moments and memories. I would definitely recommend them!

Profile Picture Amy, 11/8/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

DAVID IS THE MAN!!! Last Friday we were lucky enough to have him and his team as a part of our wedding. I had 9 Bridesmaids, 5 Junior Bridesmaids and 1 Flower Girl. Fair to say that my house was insane the morning of the wedding once you include parents, grandparents etc. If it wasn't for David and his direction the day would have been an absolute mess. He kept order, kept things moving, made sure we were always on time...AND most of all got AMAZING photos. I am so happy with our choice and I would recommend him to absolutely anyone who is about to be married. Aside from that, his team is lovely to be around and brings great vibes and energy to such a special day. Marco was with my husband the morning of the wedding and him and the groomsmen did nothing but rave about him. The guy climbed rocks and almost went in the bay to make sure David had good lighting for a night shot! They are so dedicated to there work and its evident in how special they make you feel throughout the day. Save your pennies ladies because this is one vendor that is WELL WORTH IT!

Profile Picture nicole, 11/7/14, 2 Reviews