Jen + Shane Photography Reviews

92 Jen + Shane Photography Reviews
  • Katherine

Katherine Joy Monterde Chieng · Married on 08/19/2018

Best photographers

Awesome photographers and fun couple to do your wedding shoot with. Couldn't have been happier the way our pictures turned out and the time it took them to get us our pictures was phenomenal. Thank you Jen and Shane.

Jen + Shane Photography 1
    Jen + Shane Photography 2
  • Michelle

Michelle Hong · Married on 07/28/2018

The best of the best

We were so lucky to have Jen and Shane photograph our wedding day and we love our pictures!
    We did our research to hire the best photographer and they did not disappoint. Jen and Shane recorded the precious moments of our wedding by capturing genuine emotions and expressions in picture perfect settings with the use of light and composition. They exude passion for their work and their warm personalities made everyone feel relaxed and comfortable. Being pose challenged, we also appreciated the gentle coaching to get the best shots. Jen and Shane put in their best from start to finish, and never missed a picture-perfect moment. We were amazed to see how well the pictures turned out. Not only are they a pleasure to work with, they are a cute couple too!

Jen + Shane Photography 3
    Jen + Shane Photography 4
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 06/23/2018

Thank you jen + shane!

My husband and I couldn’t have asked for better wedding photographers than Jen and Shane! They did a fantastic job capturing our special day and we can’t stop revisiting our photos. I came across Jen and Shane’s profile on Instagram and was instantly attracted to the vibrancy and playfulness of their photography style. Despite having an LA wedding and there being many great LA-based photographers, we knew that there was no one better and we needed Jen and Shane to make the trip from San Diego for our wedding. In addition to being talented photographers, they are a pleasure to work with. Jen and Shane are a wonderful couple, which translates into them being a great team. They are both very warm people and have a really awesome energy to them. They are creative and great at giving direction and even demonstrated fun poses for us (putting their dance background to work), which ended up looking great in our photos. While there are so many decisions associated with planning a wedding, the wedding photographer being a big one, we are extremely happy that we chose them to capture our big day. We absolutely love both our engagement and wedding photos and we will cherish them for years to come. We have only been married for a few months now but have looked at our wedding photos probably a million times—each time taking us back to all of the emotions and special moments from our wedding day. We are definitely going to keep in touch and plan on having them photograph future life events for us. Thank you Jen and Shane, you guys rock!

Katelyn Moreno · Married on 06/03/2018

Jen and Shane are absolutely amazing!

We cannot recommend Jen and Shane enough! They are incredible people and capture organic moments! Each and every photograph has the emotion and feeling of our wedding day in it. When we were searching for a wedding photographer we both knew we wanted someone who would capture real moments and was open to our ideas. Jen and Shane did just that plus so much more. They made us feel comfortable, were responsive to our needs, and have incredible vision. Our wedding photos still take our breath away.
    Love, Michael and Katelyn

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

I fell in love with Jen and Shane’s work the instant I discovered it and I knew there was no one else I would trust to photograph our wedding day. They have a true gift for capturing all of the beauty and emotion, and telling a story through their work. When I look at the pictures from our wedding day I remember exactly what I felt in that moment that they captured. I was amazed at how they were able to sneak so many beautiful candid moments of not only us, but our loved ones as well. It was a day filled with so many wonderful emotions and Jen and Shane captured all of it perfectly. We will truly treasure these images for the rest our lives.

Besides being incredibly talented photographers, they are a joy to work with. Their presence at our wedding only added to the day because they were a constant source of calmness and joy in the midst of all of the busy wedding day activities. They managed to make us feel comfortable and at ease, and they handled the entire day with the utmost professionalism and patience. I cannot thank Jen and Shane enough for these amazing images.

• W

Wendy · Married on 04/14/2018

Awesomeness and Unbelievable

Jen + Shane are so awesome! They not only work great together, they are also such a lovely and cute husband and wife! They photograph our engagement and wedding and when we saw the result there were no regrets!! My husband and I can get very awkward together, but Jen+Shane helped us with that and made the photo shoots relaxing!! When we saw there works online and meeting them in person, we knew they were the ones!! We were lucky to have them on our wedding day!! Both are so professional and punctual, they made the photo shoots not only fun for us, but they themselves were fun and fun to work with!!! They were flexible when they needed to be, they knew exactly what and how they wanted the photos to come out, and they captured many great moments on our wedding day!! They are open to ideas and turn them into something wonderful. They work with the program that we have set up for the wedding. They were there ready to capture any kind of moments that was happening!! Words are not enough to describe there professionalism, there awesomeness, and their passion for photography!!!Jen+Shane are the couple to have taking your pictures on your wedding day!!!!

Cassandra · Married on 04/06/2018

Jen and Shane are wonderful people who do absolutely beautiful work! We were so impressed with both our engagement shoot and wedding photos. We have received so many compliments on the photos. They really take their time and make you feel comfortable with the whole process. They were one of the best decisions we made! I cannot imagine getting married without them, and we recommend them to everyone we know!

Doug Chang · Married on 09/09/2017

Amazing people and Amazing Photos :)

We chose Jen and Shane because we loved their aesthetic and we're so glad we did! Of course the pictures turned out wonderful, but we loved the entire experience as well.

They were well prepared for both our engagement & wedding shoots and scouted the areas in advance. More importantly. they were constantly scanning for new shots and playing off what we were doing.

The whole process felt very organic, and we were comfortable even when taking pictures in crowded areas. And if Jen ever says "Hey I've got an idea" or "Let's do this" then you're in for some great shots!

Also, if you're going to have tons of family jostling for pictures (they will) know that they were super friendly and patient even when overzealous uncles stepped in front :)

We'll definitely have them shoot for our next milestone! :)

Jen + Shane Photography 5
    Jen + Shane Photography 6
    Jen + Shane Photography 7
    Jen + Shane Photography 8
    Jen + Shane Photography 9
    Jen + Shane Photography 10

Kelly S · Married on 07/30/2017

Excellent Wedding Photography Team!

We loved working with Jen and Shane and our pictures came out amazing! They did a wonderful job at making sure we got all the shots we needed, not being obtrusive, and also making us all feel comfortable on camera. It was a great experience in a hectic day, and I'm so glad we went with the pros. They do a beautiful job of capturing honest moments and arranging all the staged ones as well. Everyone looked great and we all love the pictures!

Jessica · Married on 07/07/2017

The best choice you can make!

Jen and Shane are the best! Every picture they took, took our breathe away. We could go on for hours about the color, clarity and overall quality of these photos but what really stands out the most are the photographers. They are genuinely awesome people! They made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. My husband hates taking pictures but they were so encouraging and calming that even he couldn't help but have a great time. He said our engagement photos were way more fun then he expected. I can't even get him to take a selfie and he had fun!
    On our wedding day Jen stayed with me and my bridesmaids and Shane stayed with my husband Chris and his groomsmen while we all got ready. Jen was extremely professional. She had all her cameras and lenses ready and came up with quick and creative positions to take pictures and fully utilize the light and our surrounding landscape. I didn't have to concentrate on the photography at all! She made my entire family and bridesmaids relaxed and forget they were being photographed. I didn't feel for a second like I missed out on any opportunities. Jen even created more then a few I never would have imagined. She even made us look beautiful getting ready! My entire family was comfortable with her being there. The day of can be stressful getting everything organized but her uplifting attitude and professionalism really made it a care free and fun afternoon.
    (This portion written by Chris.)
    Shane was awesome. I though it would be awkward having someone stand around and take photos of me and my friends while we got ready but it wasn't at all. He was just like one of the boys kicking back and having a good time. There were no awkward poses or overbearing instructions. It felt like a friend with a camera. We had a blast! I think we got to him and he may have shared one beer with us but he did such a good job of meshing with our group I can't remember. It truly felt like he was just one of the gang. All while maintaining a professional mannerism and still managed to corral us together without seeming bossy. He took great photos and all of us had a blast. He kept us on time and feeling like we were really capturing the true spirit of the day.
    At the venue they were like photo ninjas! They captured moments we never wouldn't have had the opportunity to experience. Found their way into groups without forcing their way in. There are so many people at weddings and so many things going on and thanks to them we didn't miss a single moment of it. They stole us away for photos at just the right moments. Herded our families together with impeccable timing. Fully utilized all the light and scenery available. All this while effortlessly blending into the wedding as if they were guests. I apologize for this novel of a review but they truly merit more.
    The photos made every woman (and quite a few of the men) in both our families cry. They truly captured the essence of our wedding. They felt more like family members, taking the time to really go out of their way to help us, more then they felt like hired photographers. I promise you choosing them for your wedding will not be something you regret. It won't even cross your mind. Letting someone else take photos with less passion and attention to detail would be a mistake. There is no one better then Jen and Shane. If you took the time to read this thank you. We don't often write reviews but these two deserve it! Thank you so much for everything!

Jen + Shane Photography 11

Craig · Married on 04/15/2017

Jen + Shane are wonderful photographers!

Jen and Shane were absolutely wonderful to work with! From the moment we saw their portfolio online, we knew we had to contact them for our wedding! We spoke with Jen on the phone during the early wedding planning phases and fell in love with her warm, enthusiastic energy. She has such a cool, easygoing vibe, which made it so much fun to work with her. My husband and I felt so comfortable working with Jen and Shane instantly. They felt like an extension of our friends. And, they both were experts at their craft, which we truly appreciated. It felt nice to be working with professionals who knew what they were doing as well as listened to what we wanted. Throughout the day of our wedding, we had so many friends and family members tell us how happy Adrian and I looked and how we couldn't stop smiling. It wasn't until I saw our beautiful wedding photos that I noticed that I had the biggest grin on my face throughout the entire day. We are so grateful to Jen and Share for doing a wonderful job of capturing the sheer joy Adrian and I felt on our wedding day. We absolutely love our engagement and wedding photos!

Katelyn Newsom · Married on 04/08/2017

Easiest Wedding Decision Ever!!

My husband and I came across Jen and Shane through our wedding venue (Five Crowns in Corona del Mar). They had previously shot a wedding at the same location. I met with both of them and knew within minutes that they were going to be perfect. They were both so sweet and full of energy. We got so many compliments on Jen and Shane from our guests. We've had multiple couples since our wedding ask us who our photographers were. I jump at any opportunity to spread their business! They were a little out of our price range, but we knew we wouldn't regret it. We purchased both the engagement guest book and wedding album. Jen worked with us back and forth to make both perfect and we are so beyond happy with the outcome. We have looked at both so many times. We will jump at the opportunity to use them photograph our future milestones!

shantelle · Married on 11/19/2016

Do some research on Pinterest and determine the style of photography that really appeals to you then look for vendors in your area. Jen & Shane are fantastic to work with and very passionate about what they do. They have a beautiful style of photography that captures the true emotion of the moment. I love that all the photos they take look like candids instead of looking like posed photos. They are flexible, excited to try new things, efficient AND they will travel. Plus, as a husband/wife team, their chemistry is contagious and they are extremely fun to work with.

Deirdre · Married on 10/29/2016

From the engagement to the wedding day...it's the most amazing, sometimes stressful but exciting time in your life. Sifting through and picking vendors in itself is a full time job. But of all the vendors we needed to choose, one of the most important features of our engagement/wedding was the photography. And I will say this up front, it's worth every penny you will spend and so much more important than anything else. They say a picture is a thousand words, so what better couple and set of professional photographers than Jen and Shane to help you hold on to those images and memories forever. I was immediately drawn in to the lighting and focus of the intricate details from their previous projects. I knew from that alone I wanted them to help us capture one of the most important times in our life. After reaching out about their services they were quick to respond and genuinely excited to meet with me to talk about what we were needing for our big year ahead. During our initial meeting, I felt like I was visiting with old friends that I hadn't seen in a few years. You are immediately comfortable and relaxed with the two of them! Shane was a champ and followed us all the way to Palm Springs for our engagement session to take on a unique landscape of an Air Museum and he even scoped out and found us a cool spot to wrap up our shoot with windmills and a glorious sunset in the backdrop. Shane spent much of his day with us, making our engagement shoot so effortless and fun! It was definitely one of the best days/memories I have with my now husband. Fast forward to our military wedding and it was nothing shy of laughs and funny situations that no one could have ever expected...but thankfully we have our beautiful pictures to reminisce on and Jen and Shane to thank for capturing these most perfect moments in time. We are forever grateful to them for making us feel beautiful in our own skin and for helping us celebrate the most wonderful time in our life!

richelle · Married on 10/25/2016

I would 100% recommend Aqua Photo for your photographers. Jen shot our engagement photos and they came out stunning! We ended up eloping, but had we decided to stay and get married locally we would have without question used them for our photographers

Tyler Brett · Married on 10/08/2016

Exceeded any expectations

Their style is unmatched and they work perfectly as a team. The thousands of incredible photos that they left us with were more than we could ever wanted. Jen going with the girls and Shane with the guys, as the two groups got ready, left us with some of our favorite photos from the day. All the photos taken throughout the day were so different, yet fit together so perfectly. From getting ready, through the dance party, the photos tell a story that we'll never forget and have left us with memories that will last a lifetime.
    Our photos have become inspiration for my sister as she plans her wedding in CT next fall. That's how much our family and friends loved what they have seen from Jen and Shane.

Jen + Shane Photography 12

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2016

We first heard about Jen and Shane when they photographed my brother’s wedding. When we saw how their wedding photos turned out, we knew we wanted them to be our photographers on our big day. We even ended up picking our wedding date around their availability because they are THAT amazing!

Jen and Shane are incredibly creative and passionate about what they do, and they were so easy to communicate with—always prompt when we talked through email and super personable when we grabbed coffee together. When we first met with them, they took the time to get to know us and learn more about our vision.

During our engagement session, Shane captured two very different styles we had in mind (one in a bar and another outdoors into sunset). Being in front of the camera can be a bit intimidating, but Shane gave us plenty of ideas and we were impressed by how natural we looked in the photos (even the posed ones).

Our wedding day had several unexpected moments, but Jen and Shane still captured it beautifully and helped us stay calm throughout the day. We absolutely LOVE how they use natural light in their work, and we appreciated how well they worked with all our vendors as well as their ability to make everyone feel comfortable.

You know you have great photographers when you can’t decide which photo to use for your thank you cards! Jen and Shane are undoubtedly talented at what they do and deliver only the best. We hope our future kids and their kids and their kids enjoy these everlasting memories as much as we do!

Haley · Married on 09/04/2016

Jen and Shane were the best decision we made for our wedding. They kept everybody comfortable and relaxed throughout the afternoon. They are easy to communicate with and promptly responded to emails. They perfectly executed our vision while sprinkling in their expertise. The fact that they were able to 'act out' the poses they wanted us to do made it much easier and less time consuming to get the shots they were looking for.
    They were punctual the day-of and we got our pictures back in less than 3 weeks! They were calm and relaxed throughout the whole day without needing any direction or being an overpowering presence. Our guests were commenting and still continue to tell us about how great they were and how awesome our photos are. Several friends who are planning weddings have also asked about them. We are so thankful for what an amazing job they did for us on our big day!
    Can't recommend them enough-- still amazed at how gorgeous all of our pictures are!

Tanmaya · Married on 08/22/2016

Jen and Shane are really the best wedding photographers in the San Diego area (I know coz I did a lot of research!). They are just so talented and you can see this from each and every one of their pictures. Their website is also amazing, and being a software engineer, I really appreciate that.
    Along with being great photographers, they are also super nice. From the first time we emailed them, they sounded so enthusiastic and so friendly and they were willing to accommodate our requests. I think the reason their photos turn out so beautiful (apart from their talent of course), is because they take the time to get to know you as people and as a couple, so they could tell your own unique story.
    Jen was around seven months pregnant when she did our engagement photoshoot, and she was even more energetic and enthusiastic than we were! We were supposed to do our shoot in both Balboa Park and Windansea beach, but the fog rolled in that day, so we had to cancel the beach. But Jen more than made up for that when she found this gorgeous cherry blossom tree near Balboa park and took the most dreamy shots of us. She made the whole engagement photoshoot so much fun, and truly made us feel like models (in a good way). We now have this treasure trove of lovely pictures of us that we could look back at forever!
    During the wedding Jen and Shane were simply amazing! They were so sweet and calm and helped calm me down too! They even stayed extra to make sure to get those family pictures I really wanted, and a final getaway shot. They were also very unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, which is why we have some amazing candid shots. None of our pictures feel forced or awkward like a lot of wedding pictures I have seen - and this is really because of their creativity. They managed to capture the essence of the wedding - the pictures transport me back to the day, and all the moments that I was there for, come alive for me, and the ones that I missed, I can still relive!

Brittany · Married on 08/20/2016

Jenn and Shane were absolutely amazing!! They were so sweet and made us feel extremely comfortable from the start. I have been at so many weddings where the photographers were overbearing, pushy, and a little in your face... Jenn and Shane are the complete opposite! From the engagement photo shoot to the wedding dance floor, they were so quick and made everything feel effortless. I had a vision of how I wanted things to look and feel and they nailed it. Several of our guests commented on how pleasant and efficient our photographers were. They captured both the big and small moments with barely any direction from us. Jenn and Shane have such a fun and upbeat personality it was hard to not feel at ease in their presence. I would recommend Acqua photography to ANYONE looking for a photographer!

Brittany · Married on 07/16/2016

Jen and Shane are absolutely amazing! I was so excited when we booked them to photograph our engagement and wedding photos. Their work is so incredible and timeless. Every photo we received from them was beautifully captured. We are beyond happy with how all of our photos turned out. :)

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2016

Jen and Shane are remarkable! Photography on your wedding day is one of the most important decisions you can make and we can't be any more pleased with having the opportunity to work with Jen and Shane. They are so passionate and dedicated to their craft and our wedding photos are a perfect example of this. From day one, Jen and Shane took the time to learn about our style, wedding vision and got to know us as a couple which resulted in more of a friendship rather than us just being their clients.

Jen and Shane pay attention to the details which they both knew were the most important aspect to us. They made our wedding party and ourselves feel super comfortable during our Wedding Day which made taking pictures so much fun. They always made sure we felt beautiful taking our photos. You can tell they took the time to sift through the hundreds of photos and made sure they were picture perfect. It's amazing they were able to deliver the photos in just 3 weeks as promised. After our wedding, our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how incredible Jen and Shane were.

Jen and Shane are seriously one of a kind. They treated our family as their own, which absolutely melted our hearts. Our wedding story wouldn't have been complete without Jen and Shane. We're so proud to recommend them!

Gurgiana · Married on 05/14/2016

Jen and Shane are an amazing duo! We must have looked at dozens of photographer websites before we were lucky enough to find Acqua's. It was love at first site. We wanted bright, colorful, beautiful pictures, and that is exactly what Acqua delivers. When we first met Jen and Shane, we instantly knew it was a great match for us due to their fun loving and easy going attitudes. During our engagement session we felt so at ease and comfortable, and until then we didn't realize how much fun taking pictures could be. We had a blast. and our photos turned out beyond amazing. Jen and Shane also really took the time to understood our wedding vision and they were a wonderful compliment to our special day. We received the perfect mix of classic and romantic images that captured the beauty of our outdoor wedding. Their photos surpassed our expectations. We are so grateful to have such beautiful photos to remind us of our perfect day. We can't say enough good things about Jen and Shane, and we can't wait to use them again in the future!

Amanda · Married on 04/16/2016

Working with Acqua Photo was an absolute amazing experience!

Prior to booking our engagement session, I had been obsessing over the work they had done for a dear friend of mine's engagement and wedding. I was instantly drawn to their way of telling beautiful stories through photography, capturing the most special moments through composition, color and light.

Prior to the shoot, Jen with Acqua Photo was so friendly and collaborative on the phone and via email, working with us to come up with a list of the perfect props and dreamy locations that inspired our colorful e-sesh in La Jolla, California. She even took the time to put together a one-of-a-kind inspirational board on Pinterest, just for us!

When the day of the shoot came, Jen was such gem! She was timely, friendly and super enthusiastic. We instantly connected with her, which made it easy for us to be our goofy selves, laughing and smiling our way through the day. We ended up incorporating three locations with outfit changes all around La Jolla and time just breezed by because we were having so much fun with Jen. When the last picture was taken, we didn't even need to see the final photos yet to know she had accurately captured our love story.

The day after, we got our first sneak peek and we were blown away! Within two weeks, we received the rest of the pictures and were overjoyed with the results. There was so much variety and detail, and the way the final pictures were delivered to us made it easy to share with our family and friends across the country.

Needless to say, I would recommend Acqua Photo to anyone looking to book a photographer for anything. You will not be disappointed!