Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

225 | Philadelphia, PA

225 Reviews for Janis Nowlan Band

225 Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

alix · Getting married on 10/19/2019

I absolutely loved working with Janis and her band! They are highly rated for a reason - they deliver talent and professionalism that equate to you and your guests having the absolute best time on the dance floor. Janis truly cares about each wedding - with several phone calls to hammer out every detail for the day of to make you (the bride) stress free! Despite our wedding weather being ridiculously hot - every single person was on that dance floor dancing (and sweating) up a storm and it made me so happy to see my guests having such a fantastic time. I hope to go to weddings in the future where Janis and her band are playing because I know it'll be nothing but a great time. If you are looking for a wedding band - you should just stop here and book The Janis Nowlan band. You won't regret it.

Dorothy · Married on 09/15/2018

Can’t say enough wonderful things about Janis and her band! They played recently for my daughters wedding at a New Jersey Country Club and they made the night the best ever! The dance floor was filled the entire evening. Janis was a pleasure to work with all through the wedding planning process. She truly tries ( and succeeds ) at helping the bride and groom realize their vision for the day. They are willing to learn any new song for your event. Our guests have been telling me ever since how they are the best wedding band they have ever heard! My daughter heard them play at a showcase while she was shopping for a band and knew after one song they were the band for her. Each musician and singer is so talented! Best part of the wedding reception!

• W

William · Married on 07/21/2018

After hearing the JNB perform at my niece's wedding, my wife and I knew that we would want them to perform at my daughter's wedding. From the very start, Janis is a wonderful, personable and professional lady. Talking to her is like talking to a long time friend. They are very easy to work with, always responsive to calls or e-mails. The day of the wedding, the band was amazing. They work with you regarding all song selections and they even let me sing. They were so dynamic and so many people at the wedding commented how awesome the band was. Janice is a great lady and knows how to make your wedding truly a wonderful time. She will raise the bar at any wedding. Thank you Janis

Dr. Bill

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2018

Janis Nowland Band performed at my wedding last Saturday and everyone cannot stop raving about how wonderful they were! Janis knew I wanted some "younger" music and totally delivered, performing songs not even on their song list on their website that got everyone up and dancing. I only wish we could have danced for 2 more hours!

• User5559998 · Recently married

I was a wedding guest and this was The best band I have ever seen play at a wedding.....and I have seen dozens! I highly recommend this band!

Erin · Married on 12/29/2017

My fiance and I were referred to Janis Nowlan Band after they played at two other weddings we had been too. We also went to two of their showcases. At each event, the band showed their talents right off the bat. We had so much fun and were very confident in booking Janis for our wedding. After replaying the details of our wedding over and over in our heads, my now husband and I have to say that Janis and her band truly made the party. We could not have imagined how great they would be. So many of our guests commented on the band both during and after the wedding. Every single person had an amazing time dancing the night away, which exactly what we hoped for! There was the perfect mix of music for everyone. Janis also makes an amazing MC and her band is so interactive with the crowd. Our wedding would not have been the same without them - it was truly the best party!

Jane · Married on 12/02/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band played for our daughter's wedding. I can not say strongly enough what a wonderful decision it was to include this band as part of the reception. Janis, herself, is extremely conscientious, communicative, responsive and reassuring. Her band is full of energy, talent and personality. Their music appealed to all ages and everyone was up dancing. They made the party and what a party it was!!! If I could have rated them higher (100/5) I would have!! The Janis Nowlan Band is, without question, the one decision you must make. You, and every single guest, will have unforgettable fun!!

Michele · Married on 11/04/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band just played for my daughter’s wedding reception. From the first song until the very last, our guests were up on their feet dancing all night! So many people told me they were the best wedding band they ever heard, and that the wedding was so much fun. You can have the best venue and food, but if the music is not superb, your guests will not have a great time. Having the Janis Nowlan Band play at our wedding was the best decision we made! Janis is a dream to work with, and stays in touch with you every step of the way. She even played at the wedding ceremony. And then she called me after the wedding to make sure we were all satisfied. The best part was that they played a great mix of music so everyone could get up and dance, I can not recommend them enough. Book them now! You will all have a blast!

Sara · Married on 11/04/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band was the BEST decision I made for my wedding (other than the groom!). From our very first experience with them, Janis and her bandmates were kind, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and excited to be a part of my day! Janis truly cared about each and every client she has. She helped guide my and my now-husband to the best musical choices, asking all the right questions and making somehow perfect suggestions. I still get teary when I think of my first dance. The band kept my guests dancing the whole night, and I could not have asked for a more wonderful, magical time. Best of all, they even planned a surprise performance where my dad played the bongos with them! The Janis Nowlan Band are endlessly sparkly and energetic, and they made my big day even more incredible than I ever imagined.

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

If you are looking for a phenomenal band that your guests will talk about for weeks after the wedding, then Janis Nowlan Band is your band. The band was fabulous. There were quite a few times we had to remind ourselves that we were listening to a band, not the original artist. The band knew how to get the party started and yet not make the older people at the wedding want to leave due to the volume. The ballroom at Jasna Polana was definitely rocking the night of my daughter's wedding.

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band was one of the highlights of our wedding! After dancing with them all night at a friends wedding, I didn't even hesitate with who I wanted to contact to perform at my own wedding this Fall. The band was able to get EVERY person on the dance floor - from age 13 to age 85. In the 24 hours following the wedding, nearly every guest asked us how we found such a great band and told us how impressed they were! Janis made the planning process so easy for us with check-in calls that made me confident that she was prepared to deliver a great party! My husband and I (as well as all of our guests) highly recommend Janis Nowlan Band!!

Emily · Married on 09/24/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding perfect! They know how to rev things up and get everyone dancing and excited. They also know how to slow things down and give everyone a chance to eat and chat without having to yell over the music. Janis went above and beyond in making sure she pronounced our entire wedding party's names correctly and was very flexible on the day of making small changes to keep everyone happy! I'm so grateful we were able to have the Janis Nowlan Band play our wedding and would recommend them to anyone looking to have a PARTY at their wedding!

Mary · Married on 09/23/2017

We have heard words like extraordinary, excellent, unbelievable and other superlatives from friends and family about Janis Nowlan Band

They were a pleasure to work with, went the extra mile to learn some special songs for us and then kept the party going at exactly the right pace through the cocktail hour, announcements, dinner and dancing the night away. We simply could not have been happier.

Thank you very much for everything. We will mention your name to everyone we know looking for the best band in Philly. The Janis Nowlan band certainly owns that title!

Valerie · Married on 09/17/2017

My wedding wouldn’t have been the same without Janis Nowlan Band. From the first time we went to one of their showcases, we knew we needed them to bring their talent, their energy, and their finesse to our once in a lifetime day. It is evident from the phone calls we had with Janis in the months prior to the wedding that she works tirelessly to deliver perfection... from the ceremony starting at 5:30 to midnight when the night was over .... Janis Nowlan Band was nonstop, absolute perfection. Going above and beyond, they even learned two entirely new songs... and one of them was our first dance. We were SPEECHLESS. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to remember the steps for the dance we rehearsed. Hearing them sing our requested song for the first time after months of anticipation was a moment we will never forget. It meant so much to us. We will never forget how all 180+ guests were on their feet dancing for the majority of the night with us. It was a wonderful and surreal experience. The biggest compliment we continue to get after the wedding is “ Your Band was outsdtanding!” ... they truly were and we are so thankful and thrilled that we were able to have them.

Merle · Married on 09/17/2017

First of all, 5 stars is nowhere nearly enough!
    Secondly, this very talkative woman does not know where to begin when talking about Janis and her crew..
    Third, what's a mom to do when her adult,professional daughter and her partner plan and pay for their own weddding?
    "YOU BUY THE BAND."...So glad I "bought" Janis Nolan Band!
    I knew I wanted them after attending a showcase more than a year before the wedding.
    My ONLY requests were : I want a great party,have great people with great vocals playing great instrumentals .
    Have a crowded dance floor from the minute the party started til the last guest left..Have the guests drag themselves out since their feet hurt from dancing so much . I wanted a fabulous party and that's what I got.....and more! I made a new friend. From the first minute I met Janis she was so easy to talk to.In the months leading up to the wedding ,the many conversations initiated by her to make sure we got everything we wanted were so special. She was so thorough and made sure everything we wanted would be done.
    The entire evening was amazing, but all people talked about that night and still do a month and a half later was ...THAT BAND ..WOW WHAT A GREAT BAND! I got the party I asked Janis for and she and her crew did not disappoint !
    In the words of the great Frankie Vali "OH WHAT A NIGHT!

Laura · Married on 09/01/2017

One of the best decisions we made was to hire the Janis Nowlan Band. We went to one of their showcases and knew right away that this was the band for us. Fast forward to our wedding day and Janis did not disappoint. They were absolutely fantastic!!! Throughout the whole process, Janis was responsive, professional and very easy to talk to. It's been over a month since our wedding and we still receive compliments on our band selection. Several friends have inquired about hiring Janis for their weddings. Do yourself a favor and do the same!! They will make it a night to remember.

Barbara · Married on 08/26/2017

Three words: "Hire this band."

Janis is the ultimate professional, working tirelessly beforehand to ensure the perfect playlist and reading the crowd during the event to tailor that playlist to the actual crowd. Everyone was up and dancing from the first song to the last.

JJ · Married on 08/26/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band is hands-down the most amazing addition you can add to your wedding celebration. Janis is an expert at working the room and building excitement, and the band is made up of world-class musicians. Our wedding saw people on the dance for for the ENTIRE duration of the evening, and I am confident that the Janis Nowlan band was a key driver behind this amazing atmosphere.

MaryJo · Married on 08/26/2017

5 star seasoned performers. Janis Nolan and her band kept the dance tempo just right from the cocktail hour to our dinner dance venue. No one, from 18-85 years, left this wedding without spending time on the dance floor, raving about this amazing band. Janis Nolan is the best hands down!

Lauren · Married on 08/19/2017

The Janis Nowlan band was absolutely incredible! They were the band for our wedding in August and completely blew us away. All of our guests were dancing the entire time and were raving about the band then and continue to do so now. The music was amazing. Janis is extremely thorough and spent time talking to me on the phone going through every detail. The Janis Nowlan band truly helped our dream wedding come to life!!

Lawto · Married on 07/01/2017

Fantastic Band, Great people, a joy to work with!!

Sarah · Married on 05/06/2017

Do you want everyone dancing at your wedding? Do you want talented vocalists? Do you want superb musicians? Do you want a fantastic MC?
    If you answered YES to these questions, then you better call Janis to book them quick!
    Every single one of my guests gushed about how amazing this band is. Every time I looked around, not a single person was sitting. Even my mom danced, and she NEVER dances!
    Leading up to the wedding, Janis will work with you to create your perfect playlist and is more than happy to take special requests (just make sure you do so a couple months beforehand). No one wanted the last song to be over, and when it did, everyone stayed on the floor to give them a huge round of applause. Best band ever!!

Maureen · Married on 04/28/2017

We had a fantastic experience working with the Janis Nowlan band. We attended a friend's wedding and knew they HAD to be our wedding band. They had everyone on the dance floor all night long.

Janis is very accommodating and detail-oriented when planning the evening. She called to confirm she had the appropriate line-up of events such as toasts, dances, etc. and she made it a point to learn everyone's names in our wedding party.

Thank you for the best party of our lives! We recommend the Janis Nowlan Band to every couple looking to have a lively and fun reception!

Ross · Married on 04/02/2017

The band was amazing my wife and i were very happy to have them. It made our day a day we will not forgot
    awesome band