Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

235 | Philadelphia, PA

235 Reviews for Janis Nowlan Band

235 Janis Nowlan Band Reviews

alix · Getting married on 10/19/2019

I absolutely loved working with Janis and her band! They are highly rated for a reason - they deliver talent and professionalism that equate to you and your guests having the absolute best time on the dance floor. Janis truly cares about each wedding - with several phone calls to hammer out every detail for the day of to make you (the bride) stress free! Despite our wedding weather being ridiculously hot - every single person was on that dance floor dancing (and sweating) up a storm and it made me so happy to see my guests having such a fantastic time. I hope to go to weddings in the future where Janis and her band are playing because I know it'll be nothing but a great time. If you are looking for a wedding band - you should just stop here and book The Janis Nowlan band. You won't regret it.

Chris Mcconnell · Married on 11/03/2018

PERFECT in Every Way!!!

Janis handled our wedding at Merion Golf Club. It was 100% over-the-top. The bride and groom (and their parents) were ecstatic. Guests comments were incredible: "Best wedding band we've ever heard!!" "Unbelievably fun! The band played all my favorite dance songs!!" Everyone danced like crazy all night. Even shy guests hit the dance floor.
    Merion plans to bring Janis back for their opening celebration of the renovated course. For me, I would hire the Janis Nowlan Band EVERY TIME, no question!!

• Laura

Laura Colony · Married on 10/27/2018

The Janis Nowlan Band MADE our wedding!

From the very start, we knew they were going to be a hit but we had no idea just how AMAZING they would be live. Our guests were on the dance floor from the moment they entered the tent until they were chanting “one more song!” - and the band delivered one more great song to top off the night. Every generation was on the floor have the best time. We receivers rave reviews from guests the entire night and next day! Every song was executed to perfection and the artists filled the room with true energy - the kind that you want your wedding to be filled with!! Everyone was fun, professional and extremely positive. Hire this band! They are THE BEST!!

Judith · Married on 10/20/2018

The best ever!

We hosted 250 friends and family members to celebrate our daughter's wedding at Winterthur last week and Janis Nowlan Band was so extraordinary that everyone danced the night away! No one left without raving about this talented, high energy, awesome band!!! Most guests said that Janis' band is the best they've ever heard at any event. Do not miss your chance to engage these talented musicians who will rock your wedding!

Paul Jamain · Married on 10/07/2018

The Best Around

The best decision you can make is to hire Janis Nowlan for your wedding. She is incredibly responsive to emails and calls. She made me feel that our reception was in the hands of a professional who knew exactly what needed to be done to have an amazing party. She kept everyone up and dancing, and people could not stop raving to us about the band. Her and her band are amazing musicians, and you will have a great experience with her.

Dolly · Married on 09/29/2018

Fabulous..Impressive..High Energy..Professional!!

My guests were really impressed with the size and glitz of the Janis Nowlan Band and aside from keeping the dance floor going all night, Janis' band has amazing vocalists so even the people who don't dance, really enjoyed the performance and skills of the musicians and singers. I love the way they dress and present themselves. Many remarked that it was the best band they had ever experienced at a wedding. I have to say what I loved as the mother of the bride, was having a seamless live musical event from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and then on to dinner and dancing. Very well done despite part of the band being temporarily held up due to an accident on the highway. (Everything worked out). Truthfully it was the first wedding where I have been able to speak to guests while we ate. The volume was perfect. My daughter was particularly concerned regarding the clarity of the sound system for the ceremony and speeches. I must say that the system set up by Janis and her team was clear as a bell. It was important to us that our guests heard those important sentiments. The band learned a special song that my daughter danced with her father and I think it was better than the original. Janis is good with making announcements and timing. If you have definite songs that you wish played, make sure you are clear on that as Janis will comply to the best of her ability. Make sure your timing for events is set up ahead of time. Janis communicates well in that regard but it is a mutual process. I can give the Janis Nowlan Band my highest recommendation without reservation.

Dorothy · Married on 09/15/2018

Can’t say enough wonderful things about Janis and her band! They played recently for my daughters wedding at a New Jersey Country Club and they made the night the best ever! The dance floor was filled the entire evening. Janis was a pleasure to work with all through the wedding planning process. She truly tries ( and succeeds ) at helping the bride and groom realize their vision for the day. They are willing to learn any new song for your event. Our guests have been telling me ever since how they are the best wedding band they have ever heard! My daughter heard them play at a showcase while she was shopping for a band and knew after one song they were the band for her. Each musician and singer is so talented! Best part of the wedding reception!

Gwen · Married on 09/15/2018

They were amazing!

Janis Nowlan band did an amazing job at our wedding! They were very responsive leading up to the big day and even learned 2 new songs for us! Since the band does not take breaks, they had all of our guests out on the dance floor all night! Would recommend to any future couple

Elizabeth · Married on 08/25/2018

So much fun!

Janis and her band were an easy choice during the wedding planning process. We knew they would keep our guests dancing all night long and they didn't disappoint! The band took the time to learn our first dance song and it was even better than the original. Janis made the planning process easy and stress-free in the early stages and weeks leading up to the wedding. Thank you Janis!

• W

William · Married on 07/21/2018

After hearing the JNB perform at my niece's wedding, my wife and I knew that we would want them to perform at my daughter's wedding. From the very start, Janis is a wonderful, personable and professional lady. Talking to her is like talking to a long time friend. They are very easy to work with, always responsive to calls or e-mails. The day of the wedding, the band was amazing. They work with you regarding all song selections and they even let me sing. They were so dynamic and so many people at the wedding commented how awesome the band was. Janice is a great lady and knows how to make your wedding truly a wonderful time. She will raise the bar at any wedding. Thank you Janis

Dr. Bill

Marsha · Married on 06/30/2018

Fabulous experience with phenomenal band!

My husband and I first heard the Janis Nowlan Band at a friend's wedding 9 years ago. They were so fabulous that we knew if we ever needed a dance band, that is who we'd use. (Between then and now we have been to at least 30 weddings...NO other band came close to measuring up to them!) Planning our daughter's wedding this past spring, Janis was the only phone call we made and we were thrilled she was available. From that first phone call about 10 months before the wedding until the event, Janis was phenomenal. She worked with us and the bride and groom to plan the most perfect evening. She is incredibly organized and professional. She has boundless energy and her band is beyond extraordinary. She has the ability to read the crowd at the party and keep the dance floor packed the entire night. To a person, everyone told us we had the best band ever...and we couldn't agree more!

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2018

Janis Nowland Band performed at my wedding last Saturday and everyone cannot stop raving about how wonderful they were! Janis knew I wanted some "younger" music and totally delivered, performing songs not even on their song list on their website that got everyone up and dancing. I only wish we could have danced for 2 more hours!

• W

Will · Married on 05/29/2018

Amazing Wedding Band!

Janis Nowlan Band is amazing and they were undoubtedly the highlight of our wedding. Our guests are still raving about them 6 months later. Janis was extremely warm and professional from our first contact. Leading up to the event she was personally involved in crafting the playlist and was sure to clarify the pronunciation of each name in our bridal party. The performance itself was great - they played nonstop, hit all the key songs and kept the dance floor hot. They also learned our first dance and Janis worked with me on some modifications to make it work better with our choreography. All in all - you should be so lucky to book Janis Nowlan Band for your wedding!

• User5559998 · Recently married

I was a wedding guest and this was The best band I have ever seen play at a wedding.....and I have seen dozens! I highly recommend this band!

Erin · Married on 12/29/2017

My fiance and I were referred to Janis Nowlan Band after they played at two other weddings we had been too. We also went to two of their showcases. At each event, the band showed their talents right off the bat. We had so much fun and were very confident in booking Janis for our wedding. After replaying the details of our wedding over and over in our heads, my now husband and I have to say that Janis and her band truly made the party. We could not have imagined how great they would be. So many of our guests commented on the band both during and after the wedding. Every single person had an amazing time dancing the night away, which exactly what we hoped for! There was the perfect mix of music for everyone. Janis also makes an amazing MC and her band is so interactive with the crowd. Our wedding would not have been the same without them - it was truly the best party!

Jane · Married on 12/02/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band played for our daughter's wedding. I can not say strongly enough what a wonderful decision it was to include this band as part of the reception. Janis, herself, is extremely conscientious, communicative, responsive and reassuring. Her band is full of energy, talent and personality. Their music appealed to all ages and everyone was up dancing. They made the party and what a party it was!!! If I could have rated them higher (100/5) I would have!! The Janis Nowlan Band is, without question, the one decision you must make. You, and every single guest, will have unforgettable fun!!

Michele · Married on 11/04/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band just played for my daughter’s wedding reception. From the first song until the very last, our guests were up on their feet dancing all night! So many people told me they were the best wedding band they ever heard, and that the wedding was so much fun. You can have the best venue and food, but if the music is not superb, your guests will not have a great time. Having the Janis Nowlan Band play at our wedding was the best decision we made! Janis is a dream to work with, and stays in touch with you every step of the way. She even played at the wedding ceremony. And then she called me after the wedding to make sure we were all satisfied. The best part was that they played a great mix of music so everyone could get up and dance, I can not recommend them enough. Book them now! You will all have a blast!

Sara · Married on 11/04/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band was the BEST decision I made for my wedding (other than the groom!). From our very first experience with them, Janis and her bandmates were kind, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and excited to be a part of my day! Janis truly cared about each and every client she has. She helped guide my and my now-husband to the best musical choices, asking all the right questions and making somehow perfect suggestions. I still get teary when I think of my first dance. The band kept my guests dancing the whole night, and I could not have asked for a more wonderful, magical time. Best of all, they even planned a surprise performance where my dad played the bongos with them! The Janis Nowlan Band are endlessly sparkly and energetic, and they made my big day even more incredible than I ever imagined.

Lisa · Married on 10/21/2017

If you are looking for a phenomenal band that your guests will talk about for weeks after the wedding, then Janis Nowlan Band is your band. The band was fabulous. There were quite a few times we had to remind ourselves that we were listening to a band, not the original artist. The band knew how to get the party started and yet not make the older people at the wedding want to leave due to the volume. The ballroom at Jasna Polana was definitely rocking the night of my daughter's wedding.

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band was one of the highlights of our wedding! After dancing with them all night at a friends wedding, I didn't even hesitate with who I wanted to contact to perform at my own wedding this Fall. The band was able to get EVERY person on the dance floor - from age 13 to age 85. In the 24 hours following the wedding, nearly every guest asked us how we found such a great band and told us how impressed they were! Janis made the planning process so easy for us with check-in calls that made me confident that she was prepared to deliver a great party! My husband and I (as well as all of our guests) highly recommend Janis Nowlan Band!!

Emily · Married on 09/24/2017

The Janis Nowlan Band made our wedding perfect! They know how to rev things up and get everyone dancing and excited. They also know how to slow things down and give everyone a chance to eat and chat without having to yell over the music. Janis went above and beyond in making sure she pronounced our entire wedding party's names correctly and was very flexible on the day of making small changes to keep everyone happy! I'm so grateful we were able to have the Janis Nowlan Band play our wedding and would recommend them to anyone looking to have a PARTY at their wedding!

Mary · Married on 09/23/2017

We have heard words like extraordinary, excellent, unbelievable and other superlatives from friends and family about Janis Nowlan Band

They were a pleasure to work with, went the extra mile to learn some special songs for us and then kept the party going at exactly the right pace through the cocktail hour, announcements, dinner and dancing the night away. We simply could not have been happier.

Thank you very much for everything. We will mention your name to everyone we know looking for the best band in Philly. The Janis Nowlan band certainly owns that title!

Valerie · Married on 09/17/2017

My wedding wouldn’t have been the same without Janis Nowlan Band. From the first time we went to one of their showcases, we knew we needed them to bring their talent, their energy, and their finesse to our once in a lifetime day. It is evident from the phone calls we had with Janis in the months prior to the wedding that she works tirelessly to deliver perfection... from the ceremony starting at 5:30 to midnight when the night was over .... Janis Nowlan Band was nonstop, absolute perfection. Going above and beyond, they even learned two entirely new songs... and one of them was our first dance. We were SPEECHLESS. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to remember the steps for the dance we rehearsed. Hearing them sing our requested song for the first time after months of anticipation was a moment we will never forget. It meant so much to us. We will never forget how all 180+ guests were on their feet dancing for the majority of the night with us. It was a wonderful and surreal experience. The biggest compliment we continue to get after the wedding is “ Your Band was outsdtanding!” ... they truly were and we are so thankful and thrilled that we were able to have them.

Merle · Married on 09/17/2017

First of all, 5 stars is nowhere nearly enough!
    Secondly, this very talkative woman does not know where to begin when talking about Janis and her crew..
    Third, what's a mom to do when her adult,professional daughter and her partner plan and pay for their own weddding?
    "YOU BUY THE BAND."...So glad I "bought" Janis Nolan Band!
    I knew I wanted them after attending a showcase more than a year before the wedding.
    My ONLY requests were : I want a great party,have great people with great vocals playing great instrumentals .
    Have a crowded dance floor from the minute the party started til the last guest left..Have the guests drag themselves out since their feet hurt from dancing so much . I wanted a fabulous party and that's what I got.....and more! I made a new friend. From the first minute I met Janis she was so easy to talk to.In the months leading up to the wedding ,the many conversations initiated by her to make sure we got everything we wanted were so special. She was so thorough and made sure everything we wanted would be done.
    The entire evening was amazing, but all people talked about that night and still do a month and a half later was ...THAT BAND ..WOW WHAT A GREAT BAND! I got the party I asked Janis for and she and her crew did not disappoint !
    In the words of the great Frankie Vali "OH WHAT A NIGHT!