Jamie Hollander Gourmet Foods & Cafe Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Morgan
    Morgan F. Married on 06/26/2021

Food was amazing !!!

We had such a great experience with Jamie Hollander. We had Grace as our consultant and I could not even put into words how amazing she is!! She helped us through EVERY single step of the way and we could have not done it without her. The venue itself was beautiful and the food through Jamie Hollander was amazing. Between all the appetizers and dinner - guest were SO happy ! They are very lucky to have such a great consultant like Grace as well!
  • Steve
    Steven H. Married on 05/02/2021

Great food and service

The food was really great everything was delicious they had everything taken care of. The cocktail hour food was awesome. The service staff was all so nice and friendly they made you feel like family.
  • F
    Felicia Y. Married on 11/21/2020

Loved this vendor

Jamie Hollander was wonderful. Grace helped us with everything and made us feel less stressed. We had amazing food and service. Would definitely recommend them for anyone getting married.
    Elizabeth K. Married on 09/12/2020

Excellent!

We recently held our wedding reception at Pearl S. Buck Estate in August 2020 and it was the most beautiful day! With a last minute venue change secondary to COVID-19, Jamie Hollander’s team made the expedited process seamless! Our experience with Jamie Hollander’s staff including wedding coordinators, Rachael and Leslie was excellent! They were highly organized and always communicated in a timely and professional manner. The food was amazing and is still talked about by family and friends! Also, the staff was incredibly mindful to accommodate health protocols to ensure our guests felt safe and comfortable. Overall, we definitely recommend their food and services!
  • Kristen Vorwaller
    Kristen Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing food and service! GLEN FOERD

We were so happy with the catering at our wedding and the event coordinator, Grace was AMAZING. With the stress of the wedding, Grace was a breath of fresh air. She was extremely accommodating, flexible, and helpful throughout her time with us. We had a few small hiccups, but nothing major that affected our day ultimately.

Now, the food. First, the tasting is SO wonderful. They set it up like an actual wedding where other clients are there as well. There is a cocktail hour and a "reception" where we try the food and cocktail hour food. It was so great and helped us really envision what our wedding would be like from the guest perspective. We chose the herb encrusted salmon, the ricotta manicotti, red wine marinated beef petite tender, and stuffed chicken breast and they were all hits. The staff were a pleasure and very accommodating. We were able to get a whole tray of the cocktail hour foods during the reception in case we missed it! So thoughtful! The bartenders were friendly. The only true downside was that we ran out of our signature drinks pretty quickly (not sure if that is a product of a good time or just that we weren't prepared enough). You do have to provide your own alcohol, but they provide you with vendors to use. We used Shoprite who delivered and picked up unused alcohol. Despite missing out on some of our drinks, everything went perfect! We would definitely recommend Jamie Hollander Catering to all future brides and grooms!
    Anisha P. Married on 06/30/2019

Great Service and Food

We worked with Meredith from Jamie Hollander for our June 2019 wedding at Glen Foerd. Meredith was an absolute pleasure to work with from the beginning. She was quick to jump on a call and she expertly navigated the different requests and personalities in our families. Working with Meredith made the wedding planning process a little bit less stressful, she gave us ideas and a checklist to make sure that everything would be exactly as we imagined. I was nervous that the food would be boring as typical wedding food sometimes is, but Jamie Hollander worked with us to create a menu that was absolutely delicious, multiple guests came up to us during and after the wedding to tell us how impressed they were with the portions and tastiness of their meal. Our wedding was honestly perfect, and a large part of that was due to Meredith and the Jamie Hollander team's hard work behind the scenes.
  • Olivia
    Olivia H. Married on 05/04/2019

Fantastic experience

We recently had our wedding at Pearl S. Buck Estate with catering and coordination through Jamie Hollander Catering. We were absolutely thrilled our coordinator, Rachael, and Jamie Hollander Catering generally. We had feared that we would be stressed dealing with things on the day of (with vendors, etc) but Rachael took care of EVERYTHING. We worked with Rachael and Jamie Hollander Catering for about a year in preparation for the wedding and they were extremely on top of every detail and made the whole process as painless as possible. We would recommend them in an instant to anyone looking to plan a beautiful, stress-free event! Also, the food and service were excellent!!
  • Allon
    Allon Married on 04/20/2019

Fabulous Food & Service for our Bartram’s Garden Wedding

The Jamie Hollander team helped to make our daytime, brunch wedding a spectacular success. From the very start, they understood our unique vision for the day and were collaborative and supportive throughout the planning. The logistics were seamless and well-orchestrated, and the custom menu was delicious. Guests were raving about how delicious the food was, responsive the staff were, and how well-timed the service came out. Behind the scenes, too, the Jamie Hollander staff helped coordinate our various vendors and worked with the Bartram’s Garden staff to ensure that the day was successful in a way that was completely transparent to us. In searching for a venue and caterer, we looked at many Philadelphia locations, and as an LGBTQ couple, we were sensitive to the diversity and inclusivity of our prospective vendors. Even language was important to us as we searched for the right venue (e.g. bridal suite vs. getting ready space). Jamie Hollander was by far the most inclusive catering company we worked with, and made us feel welcome and comfortable without overdoing it—it meant a lot to us during our search. Thank you to the Jamie Hollander team for ensuring our wedding day was a fabulous and fun experience for us and our guests.
    Amanda Married on 06/08/2018
    My husband and I were so happy we chose Pearl S Buck. It is was the perfect venue for our wedding. My husband and I got married at Pearl S Buck on June 8th 2018. We had a perfect day. We had our ceremony on the property outside on the lawn, the cocktail hour on the stone patio and lawn around Pearl S Buck's house and the reception in the tent. Our guests raved about how beautiful the property and grounds were. Jamie Hollander, the catering company for Pearl S Buck, was amazing to work with. Their staff is very attentive, response, helpful and fun! In addition, their food is delicious and beautifully displayed! Kate (Catering Manager) & Rachael (Catering Coordinator) and our two main contacts for Jamie Hollander were great! They were so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process, in addition were very attentive to my husband and my needs on our wedding day! They went above and beyond their responsibilities as catering manager & coordinator. Prior to our wedding day, the provided their expertise of the timeline, vendor management, liquor order, etc. It was so nice and helpful to me who wasn't familiar with the area. They helped coordinate my other vendors for the wedding, in addition helped with set-up and movement of our wedding decor during the wedding day and also assistance with packing up the decor & supplies after the event. My husband and I didn't worry a bit the day of our wedding, as we knew Kate & Rachael were confident, professional and we both knew they had things under control. I couldn't have asked for a better day, venue & catering company to work with!!
    Sophia Married on 08/05/2017
    We just wanted to write a heart-felt thank you for making our 50th Golden Anniversary in the Cairnwood Estate so wonderful!
    Nicole was exceptional. She handled every detail of our event with professionalism, care and help. She was so pleasant and accommodating - even with last-minute changes. She gave us a lot of suggestions to make our party great. She is simply the best, and we're so grateful for all her time and effort with us.
    The food was delicious. The serving staff was terrific and the bartenders were extraordinarily good!
    Thank you again to everyone, and special thanks and appreciation to Nicole for caring so much and going the extra mile.
    Simon & Sophia Bell
    Mahria Married on 07/01/2017
    Amazing food, great wait staff and super professional coordinator, that helped with everything!

Could not be happier with our choice to work with them!
    Jessica Married on 06/24/2017
    Kate is the best caterer and wedding planner ever! She took care of my husband and me the whole night making sure we didn't go hungry... and the food is AMAZING.
    Stephanie Married on 06/16/2017
    My husband and I could not be happier with selecting the Glen Foerd and Jamie Hollander for our venue and catering company. Leslie Cervenka was incredible in making our day stress free! She is extremely responsive and organized! I felt so comfortable leaving everything in her hands. The rest of the Jamie Hollander staff were equally as amazing in their support. Service and food was incredible. I would highly recommend both Jamie Hollander and the Glen Foerd for any wedding or event.
    Michael Married on 06/02/2017
    Jaime Hollander and Leslie Cervenka made the perfect day for our daughter’s wedding. The food and the venue (Glen Foerd on the Delaware) were absolutely wonderful, and the jewel in the crown was Leslie, who made sure everything was perfect and that we did not have to worry about a thing. Thank you Jaime Hollander and THANK YOU Leslie!
    Alyssa Married on 05/13/2017
    We can not say enough good things about Leslie and the rest of the Jamie Hollander team. We booked our wedding at Glen Foerd over a year in advance and there was a staff change during that time. However, when Leslie took over in December as the lead at Glen Foerd, we were soon assured we were in good hands. Whenever we had a question, Leslie would always have an answer to us within a couple days. When it looked like it was going to rain on our day, she made sure that our plan B was in place and ready to go without myself or my wife having to worry about anything. The day of, Leslie, Michael, and the rest of the team, made sure we could just relax and have fun. They coordinated all of our vendors and took care of any issues that came up. The entire day was perfect and Leslie, Michael, and the entire staff of Jamie Hollander were a huge part of that. Our guests had a great time and we got so many compliments on the delicious food! Thank you!
    Kathy Married on 09/24/2016
    Our daughter's wedding was at The Pearl S Buck estate recently, which Jamie Hollander catered. Working with Kate (the event coordinator) was wonderful. The day was perfect, the food was delicious, the servers were helpful, polite & efficient. Everything was fantastic! Thank you to the staff at Jamie Hollander for making this special day go so smoothly & putting smiles on the faces of our guests.
    Nina Married on 06/25/2016
    I could have not been happier with Kate and her crew. Our wedding was an absolute dream. I owe a huge chunk of that to them! From the minute we met Phil for the food tasting (which was about a year before the wedding date) I just knew we were in good hands. He was super helpful in assisting us with choosing the best menu options for our specific event and was wiling to make many accommodations to make it personal to us. It wasn't until about 3 months before the wedding that we met Miss Magical Kate. She greeted us at the venue and walked us through every last detail of how our day would look. She asked us questions about what we envisioned, all while helping to guide us in the right direction based on her experience with other weddings at the same venue. After that, I am pretty sure I spoke with Kate once a week, and then almost every other day leading up to the big day. (Sorry, Kate!) She was always readily available and willing to make time for all my "nervous bride" questions. She even left me laughing with a good bridal joke here and there. Her confidence ALWAYS put me at ease. I was so impressed when Kate offered to meet us for our rehearsal just to get to know everyone in the bridal party and assure us that "we got this". The day of the wedding went as smoothly as planned. Kate showed up with her fanny pack and sneakers and I knew we were going to rock it. Everything was on time and best part of all, I didn't have to worry about a thing! Kate and her crew took care of everything and I didn't feel like I was being rushed around. I have heard nothing but positive feedback from all my guests who were equally impressed by the evening and everything it entailed. My Mom has received numerous phone calls and handwritten letters describing the beauty of the wedding and how it was "the best wedding they had been to in ages". Of course I am biased, but it was indeed the party of the century. Thank you to all involved. I am still radiating bliss from our special day!
    Sarah Married on 06/18/2016
    The food was delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests. Our coordinator Alex was an absolute gem to work with. I can't say enough how much she set us at ease. The day ran so smoothly and seriously exceeded our expectations! We had such a wonderful time and she was always there to make sure we had everything we needed. Throughout the entire process she kept us informed and did not hesitate to offer her insights. Thanks for such a wonderful day!
    Colleen Married on 06/04/2016
    I had my wedding this June at Pearl S. Buck, and Jamie Hollander did our catering as well as the event coordinating. They were absolutely amazing, Kate managed and organized every detail leading up to the wedding including coming up with a day of timeline, taking care of every detail the day of the wedding, and was so helpful in guiding us along the way. You can tell how organized and experienced Kate and Alex are, and we really enjoyed working with them! I had multiple people mention how well run it was the day of, and I really felt like I got to enjoy the day because of that.

I also can't for get to mention how impeccable the food was, everyone complimented us on how much they enjoyed everything. So if you're trying to decide on a venue and caterer, I highly recommend choosing Jamie Hollander/ Pearl S. Buck!
    Alexandra Married on 05/28/2016
    We used Jamie Hollander for our Wedding at the Cairnwood Estate. After meeting with several of the other preferred Caterers, we met with Kate and her team at Jamie Hollander and knew right away they were the right fit. Kate helped us to customize our entire menu and totally understood what we were going for in terms of style/flavor every step of the way. After our tasting, I knew the food was great, but I was unsure if they would be able to replicate when serving 150+ guests. Jamie Hollander absolutely delivered. We received so many compliments about how good the food was and everything came out delicious, beautifully presented, and hot!

Kate was responsive and so flexible in when she met with us and even with the types of communication we used. I work ALL THE TIME and she would respond to my late night and weekend texts immediately. On the day of the wedding, she truly was my hero. She took care of EVERYTHING. From setting up our bridal suite before my arrival, making sure my dress was absolutely perfect before my walk down the aisle, bringing me, and my family specially requested food and drinks throughout the night, fastening the boutonnieres when the men realized not a single one of them knew how to put one on, and so much more, all while running an entire kitchen and wait staff. I cannot say enough great things about her.

If you have the opportunity to work with Kate and her team at Jamie Hollander you should absolutely take it. You will not be disappointed!
    Brenda Married on 05/07/2016
    Jamie Hollander Catering, the approved caterer at the Pearl S. Buck House, delivered the perfect atmosphere, delicious food and skilled service at our daughter's wedding. Led by Manager, Kate Conaway, every aspect of our event was perfect from start to finish. Each of their staff aimed high and delivered. I recommend this caterer for any type of event or venue, large or small, indoors or outside, without any hesitation. A rare find.
    Meghan Married on 12/12/2015
    We used Jamie Hollander as the caterer for our wedding and could not be happier! They were one of the preferred caterers from our venue and from the minute we met with Kate, one of the event coordinators, we knew they were the perfect fit for us. Kate was so professional throughout the entire planning process, quickly answering all emails and helping us to customize exactly what we wanted for our menu. She also helped us figure out the timeline of the day and made sure everything was perfectly executed. On the day of the wedding, she was super woman, making sure we were all taken care of and often thinking two steps ahead of everyone else.

The food was definitely the most important component of the wedding for my husband and I and Jamie Hollander exceeded our expectations. We had a stations style dinner and every single dish was incredible. It was by far the best wedding food we have ever eaten and many of our guests said the same thing. Our family and friends are still raving about it weeks later!

Their attention to detail really sets Jamie Hollander apart. Kate helped us craft three signature cocktails, serve mini cheesesteak sliders as a late night snack, and create a menu that truly highlighted everything we love. We would absolutely recommend Jamie Hollander to anyone!

Jamie Hollander Gourmet Foods & Cafe's reply:

Thank you for your review. We are so glad your Cairnwood wedding exceeded your expectations - your experience is exactly why we love our work, and why we are so committed to the details as well as the overall experience. The importance of a detailed timeline can't be overstated, it's one behind-the-scenes item that's critical to a successful day. We are thrilled you loved the food, of course! Best wishes to you and your husband!
    Claire Married on 10/19/2014
    We are approaching our one year anniversary and look back on our wedding day as absolutely flawless in large part because of the amazing food and organization of JH's whole staff and Kate in particular who ran the show and kept everything on track. We didn't have to worry about a single thing with Kate at the helm and the evening flowed beautifully. One small example of how caring and detail oriented she is, I had told her weeks before the wedding that I like to have non dairy smoothies in the morning and when my bridal party and I arrived to start getting ready the morning of our wedding, Kate was at the door with a coconut milk smoothie for me! The whole evening was amazing and the food was the best we'd ever had at a wedding. So many of our guests agreed!
    Jessica Married on 06/14/2014
    Jamie Hollander is so much more than a caterer - they basically ran my whole wedding! Kate Conaway is so incredible, creating a schedule for the wedding day, coordinating with all of my other vendors, relaxing me on my actual wedding day and before. I spoke to her numerous times leading up to the wedding, brainstorming ideas for each aspect of the event.She's full of great ideas, creativity, and expertise - I couldn't have done it without her!

Kate's staff was awesome too on the wedding day. Always keeping drinks full and the bride stress free. They set up my entire wedding, from alphabetizing my escort cards to writing table numbers on my chalk boards. I didn't have to think about anything but actually getting married.

Not to mention the food! Their presentation is beautiful and so so delicious. It was impossible to be one of those brides who doesn't eat at her own wedding - I ate everything!!

Jamie Hollander is on the pricier side, but you're paying for so much more than the food. If you don't have a wedding planner and want an amazing wedding, I'd say you must go for Jamie Hollander as your caterer.
    Linda Married on 04/13/2014
    We used Jamie Hollander for our daughters wedding which was held on April 13, 2014. The wedding was a huge success!. It was such a pleasure to work with Kate. Every idea we presented her with she was able to accommodate. Very responsive to us during the process through emails and phone calls. The planning process went smooth. The food was delicious and everyone of our guests are stilling talking about it. We only wish Kate would move to NY so we can use her for every one of our special events!!!!

Jamie Hollander Gourmet Foods & Cafe's reply:

Thank you, Linda, for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our work and we're glad your guests loved the food. Thank you!