James Anthony Photography Reviews

James Anthony Photography 2
James Anthony Photography 3
James Anthony Photography 4

Shirley · Married on 06/18/2018

James is a fantastic, charismatic and spectacular person! Read below to find out why :-)

Last summer I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma that nearly took over half of my face. It was a battle that lasted over 6 months...On January 5,2018 I found out that the battle was over and I beat cancer! This process was a reminder that life is very precious yet so fragile and to make memories with my loved ones while I still can.

One thing I was determined to accomplish after my face healed was take a family portrait on the beach by the water. As I went through my search for the best photographer, I came across James on Yelp.. Everything that was said about him was very positive so we booked him for a shoot on June 18th.. The weather was projected to be sunny and clear but as the day went on the warmth turned to cold and the sky was cloudy. James offered to reschedule but my family & I were cut short on time so we took the chance and shot on the beach anyway! We received our pictures from James the very NEXT day! They came out absolutely amazing and you could barely tell the weather change that took place.

Thank you James for making my wish come true!! You did a remarkable job capturing moments that I will never forget as well as leaving an everlasting impression in our hearts. I look forward to shooting with you again!

James Anthony Photography 5
    James Anthony Photography 6
    James Anthony Photography 7
    James Anthony Photography 8

Lindsay · Married on 06/09/2018

I highly recommend working with James Anthony. He was our wedding photographer and as part of our package he also took our engagement photos. We really liked that James made us feel comfortable when taking pictures. We didn’t have super specific ideas for our pictures, so we really looked to him to take the lead on where, when and how. James suggested Waterplace Park for our engagement photos, and we were so happy with the photos. We wanted to include my son in some of these photos too, and James did a great job coaching him in the pictures as well. Our wedding was at the Biltmore in Providence and James suggested our first look take place in front of the glass elevator, he coordinated it perfectly and snapped each step of it so that he could capture my husband’s face when he first saw me in my dress. We took group shots in the lobby and on the outdoor terrace. James recommended that we go outside about midway thru the reception to get a night shot of the Biltmore, this is something I would never have thought of, but am SO glad that he suggested it because the Biltmore looks gorgeous at night. James brought a second photographer with him on the wedding day so we could have one photographer with the guys as they got ready and the other with the ladies, this made us feel like nothing was going to be missed.

Communication with James was great, he replies to questions right away.

We received our engagement photos about a week after we took them, I thought this was great. Our wedding photos took about 3 weeks, which was fine with us especially since we went on our honeymoon right after the wedding.

Jeff · Married on 04/21/2018

James,
    Jeff and I can't thank you enough for our beautiful engagement and wedding photos. Each photo was picture perfect! You captured our wedding in the best way possible and we couldn't be happier. James and his team, are truly the best! Thank you again!

elisha · Married on 01/28/2018

James and his assistant Santana were absolutely amazing. James was amazing from day one. He listened, he understood, James was even reassuring when my mother complained about the fog. He said it will make for some amazing photos and he was not lying. They made my whole bridal party laugh, and we got to do osme fun shots. james was even willing to climb on a bolder to get some photos for us. I am beyond pleased with his services. my husband and i had gotten close to 1000 pictures and now the hard part is picking our favorites for our bridal and parent books. I would upload photos they are not on this computer but take my word for it he is amazing.

• F

Sheri · Married on 07/08/2017

We hired James as our wedding photographer and had he pleasure of him shooting our engagement session. James is extremely talented, creative, flexible, and put up with my million requests (I was very picky lol). On a service note- he was extremely quick to respond to emails and texts, and returned our photos to us within days!!! This was huge because as you can imagine, the anticipation was killing me. Our family, friends, and co-workers couldn't even respond to texts when we sent them pictures.... they immediately called and people were coming up to me in work that saw on Facebook... all telling us how AMAZING the pictures came out and how they looked like they came out of a magazine! I can't wait for him to shoot our wedding!!!

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2017

James was the first vendor my fiance and I hired for my wedding on july 1! I had read all his reviews and saw his work and i knew we had to book him! We had our engagement shoot with james and the second we started shooting he was joking around with us, which helped make us feel comfortable! We had 20 minutes with the sun going down and he took amazing photos and a lot! In such a short amount of time! plus i had an outfit change! Then came the texts and emails about ideas I had for my wedding and he answered back right away and agreed to smokebombs!!! I was so excited how my wedding photos would turn out . And James executed again! He made my engagement and wedding picture visions come to life! BOOK JAMES you wont be disappointed !!

Cara · Married on 09/03/2016

James Anthony was the first vendor we hired for our wedding. When I started searching for photographers in the area, I kept finding myself being drawn back to the galleries on his website. They were exactly the type of pictures I wanted: some artsy, some classic, some more creative, some more traditional. From our first email exchange, I got a sense of his fun-loving personality, and knew that he would be a great fit for our less-than-eager-about-taking-so-many-photos kind of crowd. When you are as talented and experienced as James is, you can really invest some time in talking to your clients and making everyone feel comfortable, and he did just that. It was great to get to know him for our engagement shoot, and when we got those photos back, we were even more excited that he would be capturing our wedding day as well. From the moment he arrived, he was running the show (in the best way). We got so many shots I would’ve never been able to plan myself. Our whole bridal party was cracking up at his jokes and he put us all at ease right away. The photos of the ceremony and reception do just what they are supposed to do: remind you exactly how you felt in those moments. We will be able to relive the joy of our wedding day forever because of the photos taken by James. The vendors you choose have to be both professional and personable, and James is both. He was wonderful to work with from day one, responsive to all communication and accommodating every request, even patiently getting in a family photo with over 30 people! We couldn’t have entrusted a better guy with what is, in my opinion, the most important job on your wedding day. Once it’s over, your photos are what you have to look back on, and we certainly have so many amazing ones, thanks to James Anthony Photography!

James did our engagement shoot & from the minute we started shooting I knew we made the best choice for our wedding photographer. He has an amazing personality & takes phenomenal photos. My wedding party, as well as other family members & friends commented on how great he was to work with. We highly recommend James & cannot wait to see our wedding photos!!??

Laura · Married on 01/09/2016

James Anthony photography provided everything and more that we were looking for on our special day. James took all of the stress out of what can be a nerve racking experience. He listens to your style and then delivers a finished product with remarkable accuracy. He and his team know what it takes to get the perfect shot so if you listen and follow his lead the finished product will be more than you hoped and dreamed for. We would highly recommend James Anthony Photography!

Julie · Married on 09/19/2015

We used James on our wedding 9/19/15. The photos are absolutely stunning . But even more than that the photos really captured the spirit of our special day. As I look at them, they transport me back to that day and that exactly what I hoped my wedding photos would do. On the top of all that James is absolutely incredible to work with.. THANK YOU for giving us such an incredible gift ...photos that will be cherish forever.

Cassie · Married on 09/05/2015

We used James for our wedding day photography and I can not rave enough about him. I live in Texas and was planning the wedding long distance. James was super responsive to my phone calls and emails. He had suggestions when I asked and took any ideas I had and ran with them. He is incredibly down to earth and knows how to make your inevitably stressful wedding day much less stressful. He brought a second photographer with him and she was just as wonderful as James was. I apologize that I don't recall her name. The pictures they both took are exquisite! There were so many great shots to choose from. None of the shots felt forced or cheesy. He uses many different filters so you have tons of variety. Honestly, I could go on and on but I am so happy that we selected James to do our wedding photography. If you select him, you'll be happy as well! Side note, his wife is a DJ (DJ Valentina) and she did our wedding reception. If you are in need of a DJ, I would absolutely check her out!

Katelyn · Married on 08/09/2015

I can't say enough about James Anthony Photography! My fiancee and I met with James twice regarding our wedding. James was professional, courteous and super helpful with all of our planning. We did not have a typical 8 hour wedding but he was willing to work with us and our budget to make our day special! After our wedding, James got our proofs to us fast and I was able to contact him easily if I had any questions about my order. I have submitted my order and am so excited to receive our album and canvas that we ordered. James' work was outstanding! Between him and his assistant, we had amazing pictures and cannot thank them enough!! We will recommend James Anthony Photography to all of our friend's and family!

Joyleen · Married on 08/02/2015

James and his partner did a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful job with our engagement and wedding pics! It took us nearly 3 hours to go through all of the photos - they are AMAZING! He has such a good eye, so creative and awesome at capturing every precious moment. James was the first vendor we picked out during our wedding planning and we're glad we did! He is highly recommended!

Sabrina · Married on 07/26/2015

James was our wedding photographer and we was absolutely amazing! We purchased the package that included our engagement photos as well. In the course of 2 hours, he was able to shoot the perfect photos at 2 different locations! He literally stopped traffic for us to get shots in the historic Federal Hill section as well as shooting our Save The Date photo in front of the iconic Avon Cinema on Thayer Street, where our names and wedding date were put on the marque. Our guests loved the Save The Date photos and. It only gave us a taste of how gorgeous our wedding pictures would turn out. James uses his imagination to create breathtaking photos so spontaneously. He worked with us and our wedding party to get such natural and beautiful shots as well as traditional photos everyone wants from their wedding day. He used all of the spectacular scenery in Newport to capture all of the beauty that we were surrounded by; the ocean, the boats, the decks and of course the sunset! I loved our wedding pictures so much, I had a lot of trouble deciding which pictures we wanted for our final album. James was definitely the best choice we made and I would recommend him for any couple who is engaged and getting married or even for any special occasion!

Dayna · Married on 07/11/2015

Jimmy of James Anthony Photography is the most creative, artistic, and charming photographer in Rhode Island. He goes above and beyond to get perfect photographs! His photos are one of a kind and I was blown away with every wedding picture he took. Each photo was so unique I couldn't find one that was better than another! If you want a photographer who is willing to go above and beyond for the perfect picture then James Anthony Photography is the perfect choice!!

Christina · Married on 07/11/2015

My husband and I could not have been any happier with our wedding photographs! James far exceeded our expectations of beautiful work! Our photos are breathtaking and capture beautiful memories.

Trisha · Married on 07/04/2015

James Anthony Photography will forever be who I recommend to all my friends and family (and strangers I hear talking about wedding planning)! When people tell you your wedding day will come and go so quickly they are not joking. I cannot believe how fast the entire day just flew by. Months and months of planning followed by a 24hr day that seemed to last 10 minutes! Looking back at all the pictures James and his staff captured for me bring me back and all I can do is smile!

James was easy to talk to and always prompt with his responses during the prepping stages.

The day of, he was on time and so comforting. He worked well with his staff and all of the wedding party. He met with me and my girls at my mothers for hair and make up. He went to my MILs to take pics of the boys. Then arrived at the venue and didn't miss a beat!

He captured moments I missed, moments I forgot about, and moments that I will never have again except for in the pictures.

I DL'd all of the pictures on my computer at work and find myself getting lost in the joy as I flip thru them and smile and laugh.

James Anthony Photography - A++ !!!

Kimberly · Married on 12/07/2014

James was my photographer for my Wedding last year! I could not have been happier with him. From the moment he arrived at my house that morning he did nothing but make me comfortable, relaxed, and most importantly have fun!!! My pictures came out gorgeous and I get nothing but compliments on them! Highly recommended :)

Holly · Married on 11/09/2014

James Anthony Photography is 100% who to call for wedding photography services. James and his assistant were professional, yet fun! He was patient and kind, and made me feel so comfortable - truly capturing every special moment of the day.
    Service was great, follow-up was excellent, and the quality and delivery of the photos was awesome!
    He is most definitely a vendor we are happy to refer business to, because we know they will be extremely satisfied. Thank you for making our day that much more special!

Renae · Married on 11/08/2014

We hired James Anthony Photography for our wedding on 11/8/14 after he had done both of my sisters weddings. They both loved working with him and they were so pleased with his work that we had to have him too! The value is amazing because you get a lot for a very reasonable price and his work is beautiful! We love our pictures and he was very accommodating in covering our day from start to finish. He traveled to multiple photo locations with us and even walked around Providence in the cold to get certain pictures we wanted! Not only did the pictures come out beautiful, but we had such a fun time working with him and his crew! Our bridal party loved them and said they have never had so much fun being in a wedding and taking pictures all day! We highly recommend James Anthony Photography for your event - Jimmy is amazing to work with, his work is incredible and you will not be disappointed!

Casey · Married on 10/13/2014

Fabulous! We received amazing photos that captured all the moments from our wedding day that were both unique and creative. We were beyond impressed!!! James is great to work with, great personality and great photographer.

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2014

James Anthony was extremely professional, easy to work with and had a great sense of humor making pictures on our wedding day fun and truly enjoyable. His incredible creative vision and imagination provided us with amazing lifelong memories that we will always cherish. From our initial meeting to our engagement session to our wedding and follow up, James was attentive, full of great ideas and very accommodating. I would highly recommend James Anthony to any Bride to capture their special day in the most impressive and memorable way possible.

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2014

james was the best photographer! Not only did we get the most amazing shots, he is a pleasure to be around! He was my husband and i's favorite vendor! We strongly recommend James!

Jose · Married on 10/05/2014

My man, James Anthony!
    His work is beyond great, personality and creativity is amazing. Thumb up. Made me and my wife feel like celebrities. Thank you for everything. Definitely refer you many more clients.

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2014

We had a great experience with James Anthony who took both our engagement and wedding pictures. He captured all the beautiful moments as well as some candid’s that are purely priceless. I wanted professional, creative, memorable photos-and that’s exactly what we received. I am so impressed, so thankful and very enthusiastic about recommending James Anthony/Photography to everyone!!! Amazing. Unbelievable. Breathtaking.

I hope i have the opportunity to book this vendor again!