Imaginative Studios Reviews

15 | Chicago, IL

15 Reviews for Imaginative Studios

Beren · Married on 09/19/2015

Gina at Imaginative Studios did an amazing job phototgraphing my wedding. She was so flexible and worked to accomadate my budget. She is a skilled photographer and is the best choice for the bride who doesn't want the typical wedding photos! I would recommend Imaginative Studios to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Shannon & Justin · event on: 11/10/2013

Gina is such an amazing photographer! She has been taking photos of our triplets since they were only months old....they are now 5 years old! Gina has such a way of capturing the different personalities of each of our children. We just love her ability to catch such sweet candid moments. She completely goes with the flow, and can even turn a freezing, rainy day into amazing puddle jumping fun! We jump at the chance to have a photo shoot when Gina comes back "home" to visit RI! Can't wait until next time!!
    ~Shannon, Justin, Emma, Ava & Ethan Smitherman

Sent on 12/03/2013

Lauren · Married on 08/28/2010

Gina and her crew are amazing! Super talent! Super photos! She is so easy to work with and is as sweet as can be! We had a wonderful time with her and her pictures are amazing! Our friends and family are blown away by her creative style and her eye for detail. She puts an edge on her work that is so hard to find. My husband and I are both artists and we appreciate her talent so much. Imaginive studios gets an A++!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Imaginative Studios did a beautiful job photographing our wedding. Gina's professionalism and responsiveness made planning a breeze. The wedding day was so relaxed - all the photos seemed to happen effortlessly. We were extremely pleased with the images. The necessary group shots were quick, painless, and flattering. The candid shots were my favorite because they perfectly capture all the happiness and fun and emotion of the day.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Rebecca · Married on 08/09/2009

Gina and her team are phenomenal - they are extremely unobtrusive and never get in the way of guests but they capture everything. They checked in with me throughout the reception to see if I had specific requests. They are fun and calming. They shoot weddings every weekend so the little things that frazzle a bride are totally commonplace for them, Gina has calmed me down on more than one occasion. We purchased the most comprehensive package Imaginative Studios offers (we wanted a 12x12 album for us and an 8x8 for each set of parents), and that package has more hours than we needed so we still have an hour of time we have not used. Gina does not give us a time limit for when that must be redeemed. We might use it for a 1 year anniversary photo shoot, or a maternity shoot in a few more years. The point is, she is happy to let us decide.

Sent on 08/13/2009
  • ceci

ceci · Married on 07/04/2009

I can;t way enough about Gina and her team. If you want the absolutely best photographs of you and your wedding you can find hire her! I couldn't be happier with the results! Everyone oohs and ahhs over our photos. I don;t know exaclty how she odes it but she makes everyone look amazing.

Sent on 09/06/2012
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/11/2008

Imaginative Studios totally rocks! Their style is impeccable, they were always responsive and very professional. Gina and her crew are the best! Provided us with multiple locations to shoot at, and she even threw in an additional third photographer because she was pregnant and wanted adequate coverage. FANTASTIC photography company and probably our best wedding vendor.

Sent on 02/12/2009

Marie · Married on 07/07/2007

Gina de Conti is sooo great to work with. She is so sweet and attentive; and professionally she is amazing. We were absolutely impressed with her work the minute we saw it. She has such a great eye to take creative and photo journalistic shots. Plus, shes so quick !! When she's in action, you dont even notice her. Shes respectful of whats going on and is totally unobtrusive. Yet when you do spot her, you'll notice that shes often in so many different positions to capture various angles and to give the pics more context and dimension. She really knows how to capture the subject or emotion and bring the pictures to life.

Sent on 01/07/2008

Rosa · Married on 11/19/2006

Gina DeConti and her team are a dream to work with. Gina is so sweet, professional, easygoing, and extremely talented. Every treasured moment and detail was captured in all of her pictures. My husband and I could not be any happier with our photgraphs and wedding album. We highly recommend Imaginative Studios for such a special day.

Sent on 01/25/2008

Amber · Married on 05/28/2006

Imaginative Studios creates great wedding photos. Our friends and family all loved our coffee table-style wedding albums, and two of our friends have booked Gina deConti (the owner) as their own wedding photographers.

However, more so than their quality products, I think Imaginative Studios real leg up other photographers is their customer service. Gina is such a wonderful person - sweet, calm, organized. I liked her immediately, and felt like I could trust her right away. While these qualities aren't what some may look for in a photographer, they are priceless on your wedding day when stress is high, the bridal party may be tired and hungry, or the weather may be uncomfortable. Gina really helped put everyone at ease during the photo session. She helped to create a relaxed and fun atmosphere rather than increasing the stress (as my husband and I have witnessed with other photographers when we've been in the bridal party at other weddings). This also helps to make everyone look better in the photos.

She and her assistant were completely unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, so although we ended up with amazing photos, the wedding still felt intimate without cameras in your face at all times.

As for value for budget, we got an amazing deal due to an original miscommunication of wedding dates. Gina gave me a discount because she thought my wedding was a year earlier. When she found out the real date, she honored her price offer even though she could've easily booked someone else for twice the price. This really impressed me. So I definitely got a 5-star value for budget. However, their regular prices may be more than the average person wants to spend.

Sent on 02/09/2008

Anne · Married on 10/28/2012

Gina is an AMAZING photographer! She is very chill, has great ideas, and was almost invisible at our wedding while catching awesome shots. Very happy with the album- great quality and creatively arranged!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Kathy · Married on 07/19/2008

Everyone gets sticker-shock when looking into wedding planning. For me, the 2 big surprises are the catering/per-plate & photographer. Gina & her team were worth it. Every shot caught us both at a perfect moment & the photos were beautiful and artistic. & they were super chill and funny so it was easy to be natural around her. Only down side is that she didn't take as many photos of our guests as I would have liked.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Jenetta · Married on 06/16/2008

Gina and Matt DeContii were the featured photographers for my event and they were fabulous. Gina listened to all of my requests and created a wedding weekend portfolio that captured the pure essence of the events. Their attention to detail and ability to creatively capture an event was amazing.

Sent on 07/16/2008

Erika · Married on 05/19/2007

Gina was amazing! Her sweet and calm disposition from the moment I met her was so comforting! She is so passionate about her work and genuinely cares for couple she is working with. Her pictures are beautiful; we were so pleased with everything! Thank you, Gina, for capturing our wedding day and for being so wonderful!

Sincerely,
    Erika Page

Sent on 11/07/2007

Virginia · Married on 09/04/2004

Gina and her assistant documented my wedding with the most beautiful photos. They were unintrusive, it was almost like they weren't even there. Gina was able to get shots that were true representations of everything that happened. We are so glad that we choose Imaginative Studios.

Sent on 11/12/2007