I Heart Cakes LLC Reviews

2 Reviews for I Heart Cakes LLC

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2015

0.4
      0.5

Owner NEVER showed up on my wedding day with my wedding cake. I recommend ANY OTHER BAKERY THAN THIS ONE. Buyer beware!

We booked this bakery earlier this year for our October wedding. After paying for our tasting, we decided to plan and pay for our cake months in advance, since our order was relatively simple. I confirmed all of the final details days before the wedding.

The morning of the wedding, 45 minutes before the ceremony, my bridesmaids could not get the owner on the phone. The venue coordinator and florist were waiting for her to show up. She was over an hour late. One of my bridesmaids finally got her on the phone, and she responded "I thought I had until 11" - She was asked to coordinate with my florist, who was arriving by 9:30am.

I later learned, shortly after that my venue coordinator got a phone call that my baker had been in an accident. She and her car were fine, but my cake was supposedly destroyed. She left it up to my venue to get a replacement, and she never showed up, called, or emailed me personally with a replacement or an apology. Completely unprofessional.

Once I returned from my honeymoon, I had to reach out to her via email AND phone to try and get an explanation. She offered a store credit, claiming that the situation was "out of her control" and she was not liable for what happened. A store credit does not fix the fact that she never showed up, or made any effort to deliver what was promised on my wedding day, nor is there any proof that an accident occurred in the first place.

DO NOT do business with this bakery. The owner cannot be trusted. I have never experienced such unprofessionalism and immaturity. I would expect someone first starting her own business - and planning her own wedding - would have wanted this handled very differently had the situation been reversed. Awful customer service. Distasteful way to do business. Pathetic, cowardly reaction to a terrible situation.

Sent on 11/23/2015

0 star!!
    The owner is very unprofessional. They have the worst customer service.
    This bakery needs to close if they can't handle the big orders!
    I've ordered a wedding cake and the owner never showed up with the cake. They apparently messed up the cake (probably by driving recklessly).
    No replacement cake. No apology. No refund.
    Worst thing that happened at my wedding!
    I wish the owner could have handled the situation in a professional manner.

Sent on 11/23/2015