Huntington Catering Reviews

28 | South Pasadena, CA

28 Reviews for Huntington Catering

Christine · Married on 12/10/2017

What can I sayyyyyy. They're great!!

Huntington Catering Company was a preferred vendor for my venue, Millwick. I CAN SEE WHY. Hiring them was a packaged deal! Our venue raved about their service staff, and the fact that they provide rentals and bar staff, it was a no brainer for us. Plus, duh the food was great as well! We got to have two tastings, which I thought was great.

And just rentals again! I just thought that was awesome. I didn't have to search for other rental places, which saved me so much emailing and researching and signing of more contracts. We rented everything from extra tables, chairs, bar tables, linens, dinner ware, serving dishes, barware, heat lamps, just everything.

Justin and Vanessa were great to work with! I had SO MANY EMAILS! But they handled them all! Communication with them was awesome. We even requested late night snacks and wanted dirty dogs. They came thru with that!

Then the big day. The wedding. They were so awesome. I didn't give much direction on how we wanted place settings and napkins to go, but they made it look great. Everything looked so great. Service staff at dinner was awesome. I only had a few tray passed apps since I couldn't be there much for cocktail hour due to picture taking, but those tasted so good as well.

And the bar staff. YES. THEY WERE SO AWESOME. Our guests loved them. Whoever the french-candian dude was, my friends and family couldn't stop raving about you. And the guy at the inside bar, whoever you were, THANK YOU for putting up with my friends inside. My friends and family are pretty crazy. I only spoke to him for a bit, but he was real nice. Everyone was! Hope he enjoyed the strip show that happened.

Everyone loved the food as well! We had family style dinner, and everyone said it was more than enough.

The week of the wedding, they allowed us to drop off all our alcohol at their offices. YAS. And we got to pick up leftovers the next day with no problem.

Thank you soooo much!!!

Great food. Quick to respond.

Jane · Married on 04/30/2016

Huntington is honestly spectacular in every way. We just got married this weekend, and the guests all raved about the food. When we first started looking for a caterer, we had booked four tastings but Huntington was the first. After we tried Huntington\'s food, we cancelled the others because we loved what we saw and tasted. They even did a second tasting for us closer to the wedding so we could make sure we would love everything they served, and changed flavors to make sure we had everything just how we wanted it. They handled our over 200 guest count like it was nothing. We wanted family style service, which they accommodated easily, and served more than enough food to fill everyone up. Their servers were all so sweet and personable. Every step of the way, Justin was so calm and efficient; my husband actually channeled Justin to calm me down when I got anxious at the day of the wedding- Justin has become our definition of how to keep our head in the right place! I have really never been to an even where everything that came out was so consistently good, and I am so proud that it happened to be at our wedding! Also, their prices were excellently reasonable. I can\'t recommend Huntington Catering highly enough; I promise you won\'t be disappointed.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Huntington Catering's reply:

Thank you Jane & Dan for this lovely review. Your day was especially beautiful.
    Congrats, & Best Regards,
    Barbara & Justin Prietto
    Huntington Catering

Jane · Married on 04/30/2016

Huntington is honestly spectacular in every way. We just got married this weekend, and the guests all raved about the food. When we first started looking for a caterer, we had booked four tastings but Huntington was the first. After we tried Huntington's food, we cancelled the others because we loved what we saw and tasted. They even did a second tasting for us closer to the wedding so we could make sure we would love everything they served, and changed flavors to make sure we had everything just how we wanted it. They handled our over 200 guest count like it was nothing. We wanted family style service, which they accommodated easily, and served more than enough food to fill everyone up. Their servers were all so sweet and personable. Every step of the way, Justin was so calm and efficient; my husband actually channeled Justin to calm me down when I got anxious at the day of the wedding- Justin has become our definition of how to keep our head in the right place! I have really never been to an even where everything that came out was so consistently good, and I am so proud that it happened to be at our wedding! Also, their prices were excellently reasonable. I can't recommend Huntington Catering highly enough; I promise you won't be disappointed.

Christina · Married on 03/26/2016

Justin, Barbara and their whole team were awesome from start to finish! Not only were they so pleasant to work with, but the food was great! Admittedly, we weren't the "easiest" clients as we had special requests, but they were so accommodating. After our tasting, we had some adjustments (e.g., less sauce, more crispy, things like that) and they executed those perfectly on the day of the wedding. Service on the day of the wedding was also fantastic. There was at least one dedicated server making sure that me and my husband were being taken care of. At one point before the ceremony and when the guests arrived, it was pretty hot outside and literally as I was just thinking I could use some water, Justin walks up with a tray of water asking if our wedding party needed any. You will not regret hiring them.

Sent on 04/14/2016

Huntington Catering's reply:

What a nice review, thank you. I especially enjoyed you kids in the wedding party, excited about the "nacho Cheese" fountain.
    Congrats.

Alison · Married on 03/14/2015

SO wonderful working with HC -- Shannon and Justin were helpful at every step of the way, easy to reach by phone and email, and really delivered the day of. They were super flexible with our tastes and food preferences (hello churros!) and were able to adapt the reception menu to our budget. Waitstaff were professional and EVERYWHERE so that nobody went hungry or thirsty.

The food was delicious.. altho truthfully I was too busy at the wedding to enjoy much of it :/ All of our guests raved about their chicken and waffle appetizers and their mushroom ravioli.

FYI they offer full service rental eg you can get chairs, tables, linens, etc etc along with your meal and bar service. This was very convenient one-stop shopping!

• Dawn

Dawn · Married on 09/19/2014

I could not have asked for a better caterer. Justin and team were cool from the start and super flexible, and nothing was ever a big deal, on top of that, the food was so good and the staff and service were on top of it. Three Cheers for Huntington Catering Company!

The southern specialty menu is tasty, and comforting.

Thank you!!!

My wife and I received rave reviews about the food that Huntington catered for our reception. Even the carnivores liked the all vegetarian fare. Huntington was open to working on a vegetarian menu and provided nice options for the appetizers and entree. They were able to give us two tastings and were accommodating with their decor and our requests for certain beverages and glassware. A couple of things we would have done differently and this is more on our end and probably not Huntington (but maybe Huntington can talk to the couple about in the future): Our reception was in a friend's lovely backyard and we asked our family to come about 45 minutes early for pictures around 5:15. We had the beverages starting at 6pm. We didn't think to have the iced tea, water and lemonade available for the the early guests (family) while they were waiting around. Also, I would have asked the caterers to make my wife and I a plate of all the appetizers and set it at our table. They were passed trays and we weren't able to partake on most of it (probably 2 out of 6 apps). Huntington made us plates from the buffet, which was great but having the apps would be great.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this caterer. Great communication via email and phone. We felt a great vibe and energy from them from the beginning. (note reception was on 7/26, about a week and a half after wedding)

Ann · Married on 07/21/2013

Huntington Catering did an amazing job with my wedding on 7/21. A week and a half later, guests are still talking about the potato gratin! The food was delicious, beautifully presented, and efficiently served. All of the staff were present but never intrusive. The planning process was enjoyable and I always felt like I was getting a good value. Working in Food and Beverage, it was important that I delivered in this area- and Huntington made that happen.

I would hire them again for another event!

Ashley · Married on 05/18/2013

Huntington was AMAZING!! Everything about them was top notch. The food was fantastic and all our guests keep telling us that it was the best food they have had at wedding, as well as some of the best service they have had! All the staff were friendly and made sure my husband and I got all the appetizers!

Angela · Married on 04/20/2013

Huntington Catering was very flexible with working with our budget, and the quality and taste of their menu options were hard to beat when we were comparing options. We had many raving reviews from our guests about the food and service staff at our wedding. Not only was the food up to par, but we were so impressed by the courteous and efficient staff. It was convenient that they also provide bartending services with flexible options as well. Everything they were in charge of went just perfectly at our wedding.

Kasey · Married on 10/21/2012

The staff was great and worked closely with my venue to make sure the wedding went great.

Alexander · Married on 09/29/2012

We has HCC cater our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. Justin, the owner, helped us along as we planned the event, showing us a bunch of different design options for the rentals (Yes, the offer their own rentals which will save you a bundle) and gave us a great tasting, well presented menu that everyone at the wedding absolutely flipped for.

One thing to note- Nhgia Luu was the team leader for our event, and I have to say that he was awesome! There never appeared to be any hiccups in the operation and when my bride or I were ever without a drink, he was quick to act. The entire night was filled with little moments like that, holding back my bride's favorite beer just so she could have the last one, bringing us a special hours d'oeurve tray while we were taking pictures because they knew we'd never get a taste otherwise.

Seriously, I can't recommend these guys enough! A+++

Becky · Married on 09/15/2012

Barbara and Justin from Huntington Catering were so easy to work with and such a joy. They put together an amazing fusion menu incorporating the Asian and Peruvian backgrounds of myself and my husband. They were so flexible and gracious with all of the menu and rental changes. They even went out of their way to track down the hard-to-find ingredients for the specialty drink I wanted (chicha morada)! I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciated that. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. I made it a point to sit down and enjoy my dinner! The wait staff was so kind and helpful. Catering is such a big component of the wedding, especially when they handle your rentals as well, and HC was such a wonderful partner through it all!

Lindsey · Married on 03/31/2012

My husband and I used Huntington for our March 2012 wedding at the Los Angeles River Center - they were one of the preferred vendors, and we actually only did two tastings (one with HC, one with another vendor). They were very patient with us as we created our menu - first, we tried for low-cost options, then we had a few more additions, and then finally we said "let's create our dream menu!" Once we went into the tasting, we were sold - the food was fantastic and they also allowed my maid of honor to join the tasting for free (she represented the vegan taste-vote). Other catering companies wanted to charge us extra if we brought another person. The chef also came out to talk with us about substitutions and vegan options, which was much appreciated.

We used them for food and rentals (tables, chairs, plates, etc.), and the pricing was very reasonable. I even showed the quote to my coworker, who is the event planner for a major university, and she said that we were getting a great deal. We had our food served family-style; we also provided our own alcohol and they provided the bartenders and mixers. Another great thing about HC: they allowed us to drop off our alcohol a couple of days prior to the wedding (boxed and labeled) and held it for us for several days after the wedding so we could pick up the leftovers.

Everyone I worked with was very timely and professional - I agree with some of the other reviewers who wrote that it could be confusing with so many people to work with at the company, but no matter who it was they were always so prompt in their communication. When it came to the day of, everything looked great - I was able to try one of our mac and cheese appetizers on a tiny spoon, and it was delicious. I STILL crave the scallops to this day - it's very hard to get scallops cooked correctly, let alone in a batch, but I ate every bit of mine. I would recommend them to anyone!!

Susie · Married on 11/19/2011

Huntington Catering was a delight to work with. The whole crew was awesome. We worked closely with Liz and Justin and they were very easy to work with and provided a lot of guidance along the way.

I loved the ease of having all the catering and our reception rentals through one vendor. Also, their expertise in working at my venue was so helpful. They knew what they were doing and knew what they needed!

We still get people telling us that the food at our wedding was the best wedding food they have ever had!

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2011

We used the Huntington Catering Company for our July 2011 wedding, and we completely recommend them! They were recommended to us by our wedding planner, Trini from Nozza studio. Their pricing was well within our budget, and so the only other determining factor was the food. We were sold on the first bite at our tasting!

First, we should clarify, we didn’t have your typical wedding food. Our dream wedding involved the In-N-Out truck, much to a typical caterers chagrin. But, the Huntington Catering Company really stepped it up here. They were flexible and accommodating to our goal of an In-N-Out wedding, even helping us coordinate the food based on the whole In N Out truck experience. For instance, the truck doesn’t serve fries, so naturally they brought in a fryer to the site of our wedding! And, not only did they put out amazing regular fries but sweet potato fries, too! Burgers and fries-check! Now, how can we provide a more “sit down” dining experience? The Huntington Catering Company had the solution yet again with three different salads for our guests to choose from...their Herb Salad is a must have - unique and delicious (I wish I could get some more of that as I’m typing this)!

Another thing the Huntington Catering Company rocked at -- the service, the rentals, the setup, the cleanup. They had all the right people helping us man the bar (we served beer on tap and wine which we provided on the day of the wedding), deliver In-N-Out burgers to the tables, get the tables in place, organize all the reception area...and the not-to-be-overlooked-because-its-the-last-thing-you-want-to-worry-about: cleanup. We got our full cleaning deposit back from our venue because they said that everything was spotless.

Simply put--the Huntington Catering Company is the most amazing all-around catering company you can trust to make your event happen. And, they don’t make “wedding food” (you know, the kind of food that you don’t even remember eating the day after), they make delicious food. Many of our guests commented on the tasty food, excellent service and seamless service. 5 stars for the Huntington Catering Company!

Julianna · Married on 05/22/2011

Huntington Catering Co. is amazing. I had my wedding May 2011 in Culver City at the Smog Shoppe and these guys did an awesome job.

I initially found them because they were on the preferred vendor list for the venue and they lived up to my expectations.

I didn't have a huge budget so they offered some suggestions to help with the costs. I heard the tray passed apps were so good, and in plenty (I never liked when the food is sparce). We actually got to eat dinner and my husband kept talking about how good the food was, and he's picky! It wasn't the typical "wedding food" - it was actually delicious!

The flow of service was done well. You were never in need of a refill and were treated so well by the friendly staff. Last minute we decided we might need some heat lamps and they took care of it no problem.

I can't say enough about this group. Great service. Great food. Great cost. Great people.

Ask for Justin (son of the owner) or Liz. They are both awesome!

Katay · Married on 01/16/2010

Hungtington Catering was AMAZING! We are so fortunate to have found them. They did a great job planning the menu and making sure things ran smoothly. They were very helpful in everything, not just the food! They coordinated with the rental company, helped with the floor plan, made sure the bride and groom had enough to eat, and they even provided flowers for the bars -- Above and Beyond service! I would definitely recommend them for any event.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/13/2012

Our wedding was held at a venue that may have been a challenge for most companies (the eating area was long and narrow, with long rectangular tables) but not Justin and Huntington! All the food was spectacular, and the wait staff were super professional. It really was like eating at a five star restaurant with 110 of our friends and family. One of the best things about Huntington was the fact they handled the food, the rentals, the bar, the cake (OMG soooo good) and even the barista service which was a huge hit! I HIGHLY recommend getting the tuna apps and the tritip. Delicious! Just go in for a tasting and you will see how awesome the staff is to work with. We couldn't be happier. Trust me, ditch the "chicken picatta" type catering companies and give Huntington a call.

jessica · Married on 05/30/2009

Huntington Catering went above and beyond our expectations. Justin and his team were fabulous to work with from the start. They worked with us on menu choices to fit our budget and were highly accomodating with any last minute changes. They also provided all of our rentals at a great cost. We provided our own alcohol at the wedding, and when we ran low, they hopped over to BevMo to replenish everything. We received many compliments from our guests that we had the best wedding food ever. Seamless and professional service on the wedding day resulted in zero stress for me and my husband. I can't recommend HC enough!

Kara · Married on 06/29/2008

Huntington Catering did a fantastic job for my wedding last June! They were really great to work with my husband and I on a special menu that combined meals that were special to us into feast for the tastebuds. We had a private tasting where we could see, smell, touch, and taste everything that would be served at our wedding. They were so flexible if there was anything we wanted to change and they had so many great ideas of their own. That way I really didn't have to think too much about it! Presentation on the day of our event was lovely. They used some of our extra flowers to beautify our buffet and it fit our design completely. Huntington also looked to get me the best value possible. It didn't feel like they were ever trying to 'upsell' me or get me to spend more than what was within my budget. I would say that Huntington Catering is a must!!

Anne · Married on 05/18/2012

A huge THANK YOU to Huntington Catering for a phenomenal job well done at my May 18th wedding at Smog Shoppe! The guests were ohhhing and ahhhing over the food and service. Perfectly executed and I loved everything! Justin, you and your staff were so friendly, accommodating and easy to work with. Thanks again!

Gwen · Married on 03/20/2010

3.0

Huntington Catering is an amazing caterer. Justin is amazing and he will do anything to make your next event spectacular. He doesn't just bring bring the food, he helps you make your event happen. He gives a very detail breakdown of the cost and will work with you to hit you budget....

They did a great job moving my wedding from the gardens to the hall due to the rain. For anyone looking, I would make sure I ask and confirm the sizes of each entree as our soup was so small (a cappuccino cup). The portion was a normal soup cup during the tasting. The food was delicious though. We also paid for special chairs and although we didn't have more people show up, there was a table that didn't didn't have those chairs and were given another type. They let you bring the alcohol, which was a huge savings. They also made our signature drinks at no additional cost. I would do it over again in a heartbeat, but I would ask more questions the next time around.