Hudson Picture Company Reviews

29 | Poughkeepsie, NY

29 Reviews for Hudson Picture Company

Laure · Married on 10/23/2020

Book these guys 😍

Where to even begin. Jeremiah and Cody were absolutely amazing on our wedding day. They take the most beautiful photos and have the best personalities. We did an engagement shoot with Jeremiah and felt comfortable from start to finish. My husband was nervous at first, but after just a few minutes, Jeremiah had us smiling and laughing effortlessly. We met Cody on our wedding day and loved his positive sweet energy. These guys know how to take a beautiful picture. They lug around all of this heavy equipment and on top of that carries my veil for an hour and a half just so I could relax and enjoy the moment. I haven’t received my photos yet but the sneak peaks are to die for. They captured all the beautiful fall foliage in the background and I LOVE all the beautiful colors. I can’t wait to see the rest. If you’re searching for the perfect photographers for your big day or special occasion- you won’t be disappointed in these two! Book them !!

Sent on 10/24/2020
  • Dylan

Dylan K. · Married on 07/10/2020

Simply the best!

We could not be happier with not only the photos from the wedding, but how professional and personal Jeremiah was through out the whole process. Wedding planning can be stressful, but there was never a bit of stress when it came to getting the perfect picture! Jeremiah and Cody were an incredible team that made our wedding day that much more special. They were extremely professional, knowing what shots to take and where to be. Being the subject of photos is not something everyone is accustomed to being, certianly not the 2 of us, but Jeremiah made us feel comfortable throughout the entire day; from our first looks all the way through the end of the reception. He The finished product is incredible, as we are able to relive every moment of our special day for the rest of our lives, because Jeremiah and Cody knocked it out of the park. We could not be happier.

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 03/22/2020

They are fantastic!

There was no question we were going with Jeremiah and Cody for our wedding. They did a fabulous job with our engagement shoot. They were with us from scheduling our first wedding, to the reschedule due to the pandemic, and finally were available for our small outdoor ceremony. It couldn’t have been more fun or comfortable. They are flexible, accommodating, and brilliant at what they do. We are not the easiest couple to work with and they made us look and feel amazing. They captured the most real, raw, and meaningful moments of our day-I am posting this review without even seeing the final gallery because we have that much faith in them. Plus, I know Jeremiah and Cody personally, and they are two great guys with really bad jokes who are awesome at what they do!

Sent on 11/17/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/10/2019

The Best of the Best!

I am writing this review before seeing my completed set of photos because THAT is how much confidence I have in Jeremiah and Cody. We met Jeremiah based off of a recommendation from someone who had not used him and was upset she didn’t. She had told us that her brother had used him and when she compared her photos to his she was sad she had not found him before her wedding. We met him with a lineup of photographers to meet after and we were not even out of the parking lot after meeting him before we decided to cancel all other appointments and book him right then and there. Jeremiah is the kindest soul we have ever encountered— he is genuinely funny, warm and he listens to everything you say.. and remembers it nearly a year later when you meet with him again before the big day! His personality alone makes him a 10/10 to work with and then you see your photos. He airdropped us five photos before the end of the reception and .. wow.. there is no other word but WOW. He sees the wedding in a way you do not.. he catches the REALNESS of the wedding. The love, the way you look at one another- it all just flows with him and Cody. It brings tears to my eyes writing this because he truly makes sure you get to see yourself the way everyone else does. Cody will go above and beyond (literally SCALING hills and climbing through bushes) to ensure you get shots from different perspectives. They both are awesome and I truly wish we could hang out with them on the regular.. that’s how down to earth and fun they are. Please if you’re reading this and deciding to reach out to him just DO IT! You will not be disappointed and his talent is endless. We adore you Jeremiah and Cody and are so thankful that you were part of our day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for everything!

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/12/2019

Phenomenal photographer

Jeremiah was a dream. He was exceptionally well organized and prepared for the day of, had backup plans, locations scouted, and ready to wrangle a rambunctious group of people. He was also extremely personable, funny, and pleasant to work with. He really made it easy for us to not have to worry about the timing of everything and kept everything on schedule. Listening to him is what made the hours leading up to our ceremony flow so smoothly. He and his partner were never in the way, but always right there when we needed them or wanted specific photos. Our guests also had lots of wonderful things to say about how great they were. Outside of all that, his artistic eye for a great picture was absolutely on point. Worth every penny.

Sent on 10/20/2019
  • Cailin

Cailin · Married on 10/11/2019

Sunrise engagement photos

Jeremiah met with us at sunrise (roughly 6/6:30am that day) to do our engagement shoot--if that is any hint, Jeremiah will go above and beyond for you! We were at ease from the first time we met with him, he was easy to talk to and we felt comfortable right away which was so important to us with finding the right photographer. Jeremiah kept us laughing through the whole engagement shoot, and even though the sun never actually did come out for our sunrise shoot, Jeremiah captured beautiful photos and even spent a little extra time with us to make sure we got plenty of shots in. We would highly recommend him as a photographer and overall wonderful person!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Nicole · Married on 04/06/2019

100% recommend

My husband and I spent hours stalking instagram looking for the perfect photographer for our special day. We narrowed it down to two choices however immediately upon meeting Jeremiah we were hooked. He has a unique way of blending nature into his photographs which resonated with us. We couldn't have been more pleased with Jeremiah and Cody on the day of our wedding. They were able to capture our wedding the way we always dreamed of. The photos are beautiful and we will cherish them forever. Jeremiah and Cody also helped put us at ease the day of our wedding and kept everything moving smoothly. We would 100% recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Jay · Married on 10/13/2018

A perfect 10

Jeremiah was top notch from start to finish. He was able to take our visions and see them through. It all started with a 4am wake up call to get the PERFECT shots for our engagement shoot. From there, it was crystal clear communication (something we found refreshing compared to our other vendors), and organization. He kept us on track with periodic check in’s to make sure he had everything he needed to execute our day.

Our wedding day ended up being a challenge, due to weather. Rain and cold made it difficult to strategize photos with each other and with family. Through quick thinking and some effective “herding” techniques, Jeremiah made sure our shot list was fulfilled and we were off to the party.

He and Cody were with us all night, capturing the essence of our reception. They fit right in with the crowd, and were never intrusive. It was all perfect.

When you work with Jeremiah, you are not only gaining a top notch photographer, but a great friend to help you through the process. His pure talent is only exceeded by his cool-headed, down to earth nature. As you go through the wedding planning process, you will find these qualities to be invaluable. Speaking and dealing with Jeremiah throughout our process was, by far, the most enjoyable part of the entire process. A true professional.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Brandon

Brandon A. · Married on 09/22/2018

More than we could have imagined.......

My wife and I are from Indiana. In December of 2015 I took her to NY for her first time. I proposed in Central Park. We took our time deciding where we wanted to be married and Central Park was our obvious choice. While we were planning, we found what we thought was a good package, wedding planner, officiant, location, hotel etc. Then came the photographer. We were given 5 choices. My wife was going through it and started showing me some of the photos and I said THATS the photographer we want! She giggled and said "I knew you would say that, check out his lastname". It was the same as ours! It was fate I told her. We immediately notified the wedding planner and Jeremiah reached out to us.

This is where we fell in love with this guy. He was just as excited, if not more than we were. The wedding package included 1 hour. Time went by so fast, more so because my bride was 20 min late to our wedding.

Jeremiah researched all of the locations we mentioned to him prior to the wedding, found more locations he thought would be great and we made it to every single one of them in an HOUR, or so I thought. Nearly 3 hours Jeremiah spent with us and he was honestly our favorite part of the whole day. He soaked up all of our stress (trust me, a lot of stress comes with coming from Indiana, and ALL of your guests are from all over the country) and made us relax, made us comfortable and was able to get the most amazing photos of our day. To top off the whole day, before he reluctantly left us, he told us how much he enjoyed his time with us and his first wedding shoot in Central Park! What!??!?!?!? We could NOT believe it was his first shoot in Central Park. He truly made us feel like he was part of our family, not just because he is a Shaffer, but because in a city of 8.5 million people, on our day 09.22.2018, we were the only 2 people in NY that mattered to him.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Chelsey

Chelsey S. · Married on 09/22/2018

Fantastic!

Jeremiah was BEYOND amazing! He arrived hours early to scope out all the places in Central Park that we wanted to get pictures taken and had some other awesome spots picked out as well. He is very creative and you can tell he loves what he does. I met him right before walking up to the ceremony and I felt like I already knew him. He stayed longer than what he was suppose to (partly because I was late to my own wedding) but I never once thought he would rather be somewhere else. The time and dedication he takes with his photos are more than noticable with the final product. We are from Indiana and I am already thinking of different trips we need to take for other photo shoots with him. We can not wait until we have another opportunity to have him take our pictures. :)

Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Travis

Travis C. · Married on 09/02/2018

Simply Awesome

Jeremiah and Cody were purely amazing. They seemed to be everywhere, getting shots of everything, and are great guys to boot. Cody was with me and the guys getting ready, taking photos of the process, and honestly he helped me get put together. My wife said Jeremiah was the same way with her and the girls. These guys absolutely went above and beyond for us and I would recommend to anybody I know. Every special little moment, these photo wizards were right there to capture it.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Kristin M. · Married on 08/11/2018

8-11-18 Wedding

I can’t say enough positive things about Jeremiah and his assistant photographer, Cody. It needs to be mentioned that Jeremiah was one of our groomsmen, too, and he managed to pull off both roles as groomsman and photographer. I honestly don’t know how he did it but he was fantastic. About a week before the wedding, Jeremiah knew my stress about the inclement weather (100% chance of rain with flash flood warnings throughout the region 😂😂) and he also knew how important these pictures were to us. He reassured me that, regardless of how horrible the weather would be, we would get some amazing pictures to capture that day and he was absolutely right. During our first look photos, the rain stopped and we all ran outside for Jeremiah and Cody to take the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen. When he showed me some of the photos in the bridal suite I literally cried because they were more beautiful than I had imagined. Jeremiah and Cody had us laughing all night and they were truly so much fun to work with. I haven’t seen all of the photos yet but I already know they’re stunning because Jeremiah and Cody are so talented. If I had to pick a photographer again for another event, I would choose Jeremiah in a heartbeat. I will be sure to tell everyone I know about his photography. Thank you times a million. You’re the best. ❤️

Sent on 11/27/2018

Cassie · Married on 05/05/2018

Honestly, Jeremiah and Cody are the BEST!!! We really cannot say enough nice things about them. As a photographer his photos speak for themselves and as person his personality is one of a kind. Ask him to tell you "that" joke. He went way above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. You wonder if he will capture the moment as you are living it. The few photos we have seen thus far are amazing. He sees what you see, but even better. His side kick Cody is wonderful to. Thanks again for everything - The Leoanrds

Sent on 05/09/2018

Vanessa · Married on 04/14/2018

Could not have had a better experience

I LOVED working with Jeremiah! He was so wonderful to me and my family. He approached my wedding with passion and appreciation to all kinds of details. He’s funny and goes out of his way to make people feel confident and relaxed. His pictures came out BEAUTIFULLY! I can’t do enough to recommend him and his fabulous pictures. Don’t waste time looking further! Choose Jeremiah!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Dominique · Married on 10/27/2017

Honestly, Jeremiah is the BEST!!! I really cannot say enough nice things about him. As a photographer his photos are stunning and as person his personality made being photographed feel completely natural and effortless. He went way above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect for our wedding day. During our reception he was ready to display a photo slideshow of our fist look and ceremony at our dj booth, something we were not expecting! He is an absolute professional and every interaction we had with Jeremiah was a pleasure. He went the extra mile with everything, even helping with a last-minute dress crisis! Thank you SO much for everything! We cannot wait to see the rest of our photographs.
    All the best- Dominique & Stephen

Sent on 11/10/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

I don't even know how to start my review on Jeremiah because I don't think there are any amount of words I could write out to you all to understand just how amazing he is. From the moment we meet Jeremiah I knew he was our guy, I don't know how to explain it. Our connection, How easy going he was and right off the bat you could see how passionate he is about his job. He made us feel so comfortable, he knew what he was talking about and gave us plenty of time to hear what we wanted. Our engagement shoot was perfect! I know some people don't like to take photos or smile or pose and that is my husband. Jeremiah knew how to make us laugh, relax, be comfortable and overcome how some times it's super awkward to have someone take your photos. I wanted to surprise my mother with photos at my deceased grandmothers home and Jeremiah had no issue with quickly meeting us for 10 minutes at a complete strangers home before our engagement shoot started. That right there is something I can never ever repay him for, to have pictures of my husband and I at a house where myself and our family grew up is so special and something not ever photographer is okay with adding on. Then our big day came and boy is Jeremiah is on top of his game from fixing ceremony decorations to coming in and helping us hang up bridesmaid dresses to just being there to make sure we are on schedule. He wanted a list before hand of every picture I wanted which is a life saver because half of the photos I probably would have never gotten if it wasn't for that list to remind us. He knows how to make people laugh and be more natural with your photos. Again my husband was so not looking forward to an hour of photos before cocktail hour but Jeremiah was patient and full of amazing ideas for our cool ceremony location. I text Jeremiah the next because I just wanted to thank him one more time but I wanted him to know he is more then just the guy behind the camera! Thank you again so much Jeremiah! Love the Watson’s !

Sent on 12/30/2017

Kim · Married on 10/06/2017

Jeremiah was the photographer for our New York wedding this past September. From the first meeting we had with him, we knew he was going to be awesome to work with. Jeremiah’s photography packages are very fairly priced, and a steal when you consider the caliber of his photography. From our first meeting, to the engagement shoot (free!), to our big day, he was always super helpful and made sure that things were going the way we wanted them to. On our wedding day Jeremiah and his assistant were very helpful and it felt like we were old friends. He was even able to Air Drop a few photos right to my phone before our reception even started! I cannot recommend his photography enough, use Jeremiah Shaffer for your wedding photography and you will not regret it!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kaila · Married on 08/18/2017

Okay, I'm sure you're here reading review after review of different photographers, feeling slightly overwhelmed with the vast amount of professionals you can hire for your special day. I was there, I know. However, I'm here to tell you that you can stop looking now - because you've found him. My husband and I met Jeremiah the photographer in a coffee shop. We quickly decided that no one else could photograph our day. Then, we met up with Jeremiah the cool-guy-who-also-happens-to-take-our-photos for our amazing engagement photos. We climbed down in moats, we were stuck under an abandoned concession stand for over an hour while it down poured like no other, we laughed, we huddled together and watched the weather app, but we mostly importantly had the best time and got AMAZING photos. Then on a rainy-turned-ungodly-humid August day, Jeremiah, our friend, photographed one of the best days of our lives in ways that I truly believe no one else could. We genuinely felt relaxed around Jeremiah and I think that's what made these photos so natural, which is exactly what we were looking for from day one. When your photographer is approached more than once at your reception by guests saying how much they've heard about him, you know you've found your lifelong photographer. Jeremiah could not have been more accommodating, he's easy to work with, fun, super efficient and really did become a friend during a really exciting time of our lives. Our photos are beautiful and really capture our relationship and our love. Jeremiah, our gratitude is endless. We'll treasure these photos always.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/22/2017

Words can not express how wonderful it was to work with Jeremiah. We knew as soon as we met him that he would be the perfect photographer to capture the special moments of our big day...he did just that and so much more! Jeremiah always made sure we were comfortable and enjoying our day. He was friendly and laid back with our bridal party and worked so well with our other vendors. If you are looking for gorgeous, natural photos that truly capture the love and happiness you share with your husband/wife on your wedding day ....Jeremiah is your guy! He is an incredible photographer and person!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Lynne · Married on 10/01/2016

When searching for a wedding photographer it's easy to get overwhelmed with finding the perfect one to capture your day. When we stumbled upon Jeremiah on Facebook we immediately reached out to meet with him because of the beautiful photos he had taken at our venue for another wedding. Within minutes of meeting him, we knew he had every element we wanted in a photographer. He was such a cool, down to earth guy with an unbelievable vision and talent for capturing unique and beautiful wedding photos. His ideas were almost endless and we were truly in awe of his creativity throughout our wedding day. He made us and all of our guests feel so comfortable and happy, all because of his fun and positive attitude. He truly cared about making our day special and ensured we got every shot we wanted. While we couldn't have imagined a more perfect wedding day, we know we also couldn't have imagined a more perfect photographer. We highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, you will never look back and gain a great friend in the process. Thank you again Jeremiah!

Sent on 10/05/2016
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 09/18/2016

Where do I begin? Jeremiah photographed our engagement photos and they came out perfect. He had so many great ideas around our engagement spot and they came out breathtaking. Our wedding day, I will never forget when Jeremiah said to me "take your time, this is your day" and in that moment I took a deep breath and walked out to marry the man of my dreams. He let me see sneak peaks of shots that he took and I fell in love with all of them of course. He was so, so helpful and great with our families and friends. What I love about Jeremiah most is not only is his work great, but he is a great family man. He has a newborn baby and still made the time to make sure our day was picture perfect. We Thank you for everything Jeremiah!!!

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/03/2016

I had a wonderful experience working with Jeremiah from start to finish! His photographs and style really caught my eye. There was something about it that in my opinion really stood out from all of the other photographers I met with. I contacted him immediately after seeing his work to set up an in person meeting where he walked my parents and I through his work style and showed us a plethora of photos from previous weddings he shot. We were so impressed and knew he would be a great fit to photograph our wedding. Throughout the time leading up to our wedding Jeremiah was super responsive and answered any and all questions very quickly. My husband and I lived very far away from Jeremiah so he even accommodated us by having skype sessions to help ease our nerves. On our wedding day he was super professional and flexible. He wanted us to have fun and bent over backwards to make sure we were concentrating on that while he worked his magic. Again, we have nothing but great things to say about the final product. He sent us our images in an online gallery where we can relive our wedding from beginning to end. The photos are stunning and exactly what we expected. He captured so many candid moments that I know we will look back on for a lifetime. I would highly recommend Jeremiah as a wedding photographer 

Sent on 12/08/2016

Mandi · Married on 06/04/2016

I would highly recommend Jeremiah and his team. Not only is he great at what he does, he also is very focused on time, making sure you and your bridal party stay on track!! On that day it is a lifesaver, because time can get away very quickly!!! You will not be disappointed, Jeremiah also followed up SUPER fast after the wedding with a link to all my photos!!! =D

Sent on 12/20/2016

Jeremiah was FANTASTIC! Not only did he take on the role of photographer, he went above and beyond to make sure my husband and I had a flawless day. We couldn't be happier with our choice to use him to capture the most special moment in our life that we will never forget.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Jeremiah did our wedding in October and we were very pleased with everything. He was on time, very professional, and always seemed to be in the right spot at the right time to capture some great candid shots. We highly recommend him if you are looking for a photographer for your event.

Sent on 01/23/2016