Heather Ahrens Photography Reviews

13 | Chicago, IL

13 Reviews for Heather Ahrens Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

courtney · Married on 09/03/2011

I did a LOT of research when looking for a photographer. I didn't want posed, static shots of frozen faces. Heather was such a find! I didn't find a whole lot of reviews on her at the time, but the minute I met with her, I knew she was perfect. She's calm, insightful, and very good at understanding her client's priorities. We just got our photographs and we are beyond thrilled. Heather and her asst were so skilled at capturing all of the moments that comprised our big day. There were so many photos where they caught a subtle glance, a spontaneous laugh, a beautiful detail, or a perfect moment. Emotion and joy just shines right out of those photos. Plus, there were so many happy surprise shots. I never felt like I had a camera trained on me - both Heather and her asst were very stealthy! Most of the time, I didn't even know they were there. Do yourself a favor and call!

Sent on 11/04/2011
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 04/15/2011

Heather was wonderful! She was on time, nice, and very professional. But even more amazing is her talent! She is extremely creative and the pictures speak for themselves. I'm so glad I spent so much time researching and interviewing photographers because it lead me to find Heather. We recently received the preview pictures and they are beautiful! This is one of the most important parts of your wedding, if not the most important, so make sure you get someone that you will love! If I had to do it all over again, I would pick Heather again without question.

Sent on 05/03/2011

Sera · Married on 06/19/2010

Couldn't be happier!
    Provided more photos than I know what to do with! She was able to capture every moment beautifully!
    Heather is professional, talented and very fun to work with.
    Worth every last penny!

Sent on 07/29/2010

Katie · Married on 04/11/2010

Heather has been a joy to work with. We did an engagement photo shoot in addition to the wedding day, which was nice because Heather and her assistant got to know us a little bit ahead of time. Both Heather and her assistant photographed the engagement shoot and the wedding; it was great to have two photographers to cover simultaneous activities (i.e. groomsmen and bridesmaids getting ready in different places). Heather is easygoing, professional, and prompt in getting pictures to you. She was ready with proofs before my husband and I could make time to come in to see them because of our busy work schedules! She manages to get a great variety of shots, including all the details, without being intrusive to what's going on. Also, she sends you a cd in the mail with all of the pictures, so that you can get them printed anywhere you'd like. This was nice because I think it's often the price of prints that can really throw your budget out the window. Thanks Heather!

Sent on 05/02/2010

Lisa · Married on 02/06/2010

Heather is not only an extrodinary photographer but amazing to work with too. She has a friendly, easy going attitude but when it comes down to taking pictures she's the ultimate professional. She has a great eye for detail and makes an art out of your wedding photos. My husband was shocked at how amazing our wedding photos came out, he had no idea that they were going to be so good. There are so many beautiful shots I don't even know where to start the selection process. Hire Heather, you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 04/13/2010

Leslie · Married on 05/09/2009

Finding the right phogotrapher for my wedding was one of my top priorities once I began the planning process. Heather at HA! Photography was the photographer at a friend's wedding and when I saw her pictures, I knew I had to have her! Heather is very easy going, friendly, and flexible. She and an assistant (Stefanie) traveled to Key West for my wedding and actually covered the rehearsal and the wedding day. The pictures are unbelievably beautiful, and I am having a hard time deciding which ones to display because there are so many to choose from. I highly recommend their services to everyone I can. My wedding coordinator in Key West was so impressed with the photos and with how easy Heather and Stefanie were to work with, she added HA! Photography to the preferred vendors list at the resort she is now working at. Not only are the prices avaiable on-line (which does not seem to be that common), a type of "menu" has recently been added so you can essentially build your own package depending on what your coverage needs are. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Heather and Stefanie were to work with, and how talented both of them are.
    ~Leslie, Florida

Sent on 08/07/2009

Tracy · Married on 05/02/2009

Heather is an incredible photographer. She makes you feel comfortable behind the camera and takes beautiful shots!

Sent on 08/08/2009
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 11/22/2008

When it comes to wedding photographers there are a lot of choices to choose from, Ha Photography absolutely exceeded my expectations in every way! I knew that I absolutely did not have to worry about a thing when it came to my photography on my wedding day. My guests raved at how amazing they were, and well I have the pictures as proof. I couldn't be happier with my choice.

Sent on 08/07/2009

Megan · Married on 07/19/2008

Heather and her staff are amazing. She was the first vendor that I knew I had to have. We could not be any happier with our final product. We would recomend her to any and everyone!

Jackie · Married on 07/12/2008

My husband and I loved working with Heather over the course of our engagement and on the wedding day. Her work is fantastic! Her pictures are beautiful and artistic and she is great at capturing those special moments of your day. Heather has a great eye and the ability to capture the essence of her subjects; she brings out the best in people in her pictures.
    She is incredibly professional, prompt at returning phone calls and emails, and always provides you with the best in products and service. She does not cut corners on anything. The entire HA Photography experience was a delight. I look at my pictures from my wedding every day!

Alicia · Married on 05/24/2008

Heather was amazing. We were able to get what we were looking for concerning our wedding photography, and much more! Plus, she's a great person to work with- very patient, professional, and helpful. At our reception, a quick slideshow she showed of only a tiny portion of our pictures was a hit! Everyone was floored. We now have so many beautiful photographs to commemorate our wedding day, and we're so happy to have found her.

Michele · Married on 05/17/2008

Very pleased with the quality of the pictures. I loved the slide show-Heather captured the essence of the entire day!

Sent on 08/20/2008

Karlene · Married on 06/07/2008

We were very happy with the end product, and she was great to work with.
    She was easy to contact, and responded in a timely manner.
    She made us feel comfortable, and was easy to talk to and ask questions.
    I've been in the bridal party of 3 other weddings, and I was amazed at how it never felt like she was in the way on the day of our wedding. Most of the time, while getting ready, I didn't even know she was there.
    The pictures she gave us look even better than we were hoping.
    We feel like her prices are generally high however, but is worth it in the end if you find photography of your special day to be as important to you, as it did to us.
    That negative part is very little in our eyes compared to the overall great experience we had with Ha Photography and we plan to recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer!

Sent on 07/01/2008