16 Reviews for Happy Life Weddings

Civil Union (1)
Rehearsal (1)
Catholic (1)
16 Happy Life Weddings Reviews

Donna is top notch! She was fun, friendly, professional, and created such a lovely ceremony.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Brian, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

Donna was a fantastic officiant. We found her because were specifically searching for a secular officiant who also performs same-sex marriages (we are an opposite-sex couple, but it was important that every vendor we worked with shared our values). She made the entire process easy and stress-free, even though we were out-of-state and planning the majority of our wedding from afar. Donna provided suggestions for our ceremony script but was flexible and accommodating to changes we requested. Communication was excellent - we were never left hanging, waiting for a response - and pricing was more than reasonable. We would highly recommend Donna to anyone looking for an officiant in the New Orleans area!

Profile Picture Krista, 12/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

Donna seriously made our wedding perfect! From writing the perfect ceremony on the first try to printing out beautiful booklets with our vows so we didn't have to worry about it, she made planning and executing our ceremony seamless. It was a great experience for both of us. I cannot praise her enough. Our ceremony was beautiful, and Donna made us both comfortable through the whole process. If you're looking for an officiant, look no further. Donna is your gal!

Profile Picture Meagen, 11/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Donna was amazing! She was professional, kind, down to earth, knowledgable and flexible from the moment we met her! She guided and helped us from the first day through the planning stages and the ceremony. She put a beautiful ceremony together for us and really took time to talk with us and made the ceremony very personal and intimate. She was very flexible. We initially did not plan on having a rehearsal but at the last minute we decided to have one and she was exremely accommodating and helped us with a that. We highly recommend her and just can't say enough! Even our guests were impressed and many of them commented on how good she was. If you are looking for someone who is professional, knowledgeable and genuine to officiate your wedding she is the one!

Profile Picture Gina, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Donna is the BEST! She made me and my partner feel very comfortable when we met. The ceremony was beautiful from start to finish. I told her I wished everyone could be married by her because she wrote such loving and caring words. Her words made me feel the love I felt but with words I could have never thought of myself. She sent a draft and said I could make changes if I wanted to. I read it and cried. How could she get that after just meeting us once? But she did! I would recommend her to anyone looking for that special person for their wedding day.

Profile Picture Susan, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Donna did everything to make our wedding day perfect!!! She is awesome and goes above and beyond what is expected or required! I recommend her to anyone who wants to get married!!!

Profile Picture Penny, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Civil Union, Non-religious, No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed

Donna is very professional but also sincere and caring. She went to the trouble to write a draft of vows for us. Although we changed it up to make it us, it was a great way to start. She got the ball rolling early and was in touch with us whenever necessary. As we were leaving she told us to stay together and have a happy life, because she cares!

Profile Picture User6613654, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Donna is extraordinary. Despite thousands of miles between us, she seemed to just get who my husband and I are, and created the perfect ceremony to reflect us. She has a beautiful way with words that captured the nuances of what we wanted to express. She went the extra mile in every way possible, and made the whole experience of preparing our ceremony almost effortless. We couldn’t recommend her more highly. She is thorough, flexible, gracious, warm, intuitive, and truly a special person. We couldn't be happier with everything and wouldn't change a thing. We're so lucky to have found Donna.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

So wonderful!! Met with us multiple times and personalized everything! So glad we chose Ms. Donna for our special day!! :)

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I cannot say enough great things about Donna and the service she provided at my mom's wedding. Donna helped to coordinate every detail of the ceremony and was extremely helpful and flexible during the planning and the actual ceremony. I would recommend Donna as a wedding officiant to anyone looking for this service. Her willingness to adapt to the various changes that inevitably occur during wedding planning (right up until the night before!) was so appreciated! The wedding was PERFECT thanks in part to Donna!!

- Caitlin

Profile Picture Caitlin, 11/20/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Catholic

Donna was wonderful! She was promptly responsive. Our first meeting was great as she listened to all the elements we envisioned for our wedding day. She kept in close contact with us, and we were able to adjust the ceremony script without any communication issues. We are so happy that we chose Donna to officiate our wedding. Our ceremony was uniquely ours. I would highly recommend Happy Life Weddings!

Profile Picture Hope, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows

They were awesome (she and her wife), and very professional. They made a ceremony in the rain a very memorable for my family. We were civil unioned 4 years ago in Chicago and been living here in Louisiana for 3 1/2 years now and when the laws changed we needed to officiate it again but short and sweet, and before hand Donna Fontenot Cavalier new it was going to rain and she asked if we wanted to reschedule because she would show rain or shine, it was up to us, and that was so wonderful, that no matter what happened she would be there. She is also very affordable and just the fact that she is a proud married lesbian herself made it all the better, made us feel comfortable and felt like we had known each other before this day, It was very nice and I recommend her to any and everyone. She is awesome!!!! Oh. and she took pics and video for free for us and emailed them to us, that was a plus!! Thank you so very much!!!

Profile Picture Felisha, 10/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

If you planning a wedding I would recommend Happy Life Weddings, Donna will provide epic service

Profile Picture User5523082, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My bride and I wanted a small and intimate ceremony, but we weren't sure what direction to take. We just knew we wanted a ceremony that best reflected our relationship and personalities.

We found Happy Life Weddings online and liked the options and customization the service allowed. We met with Donna and she gave us the direction we needed. We chose the vows that best fitted us and added some quotes about love from our favorite writers and books.

We appreciated the flexibility of Donna's service. We were nervous for the wedding, so we asked Donna read the quotes while we stuck to the vows. She read them beautifully (including our quote from Dr. Seuss on weirdness and love, which earned a laugh from the audience). She also guided us through the vows wonderfully. It turned out to be a ceremony with the sincerity, quirkiness, and love we both share.

If you want a wedding ceremony that authentically reflects your relationship, contact Donna. She provides a fantastic service. Thanks Donna for a wonderful ceremony!

Profile Picture Brandon, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

We celebrated the Renewal of Our Wedding Vows and were so pleased that we decided to use Donna at Happy Life Weddings to officiate. We met with her and explained we had no idea what we wanted and asked her if she could help us with the ceremony and also our vows. After talking with us and getting to know us a little better we decided to let her "surprise" us with her writing our vows. . . and what she wrote could not have been more beautiful and more meaningful if we had written them ourselves. The ceremony was so touching and something we will remember for a lifetime. Please consider Happy Life Weddings and Donna Fontenot if you are planning YOUR Wedding or the Renewal of Your Wedding Vows or any other Milestone coming up in your life. Thank you again Donna for making this a Memory to be Cherished for a Lifetime.

Profile Picture Sandie, 5/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

When we decided "Let's Do This", we needed an officiant that could accommodate us with short notice and Ms. Fontenot came through for us. With absolutely no pre-planning in place we handed the details over to her and trusted that she would perform a nice ceremony.
It was much more than "nice" and as the ceremony unfolded I was pleasantly surprised it turned out to be so touching and meaningful.
I highly recommend Ms. Fontenot of Happy Life Weddings to anyone needing a wedding officiant. A pleasant experience and a great value.

Profile Picture User5043596, 2+ years ago, 1 Review