Great Bakes Cakes Reviews

8 | Port Huron, MI

8 Reviews for Great Bakes Cakes

• Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 06/01/2013

Our cake turned out beautiful and so so delicious! The couple was very nice to work with and they make everything from scratch and it tastes amazing. We got lots of compliments on how great our cake tasted and would recommend them to anyone! Very reasonably priced for the quality of cake you get, too :) the fondant lace and flowers we had on our cake were gorgeous! Thanks Great Bakes!!

Sent on 06/17/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2013

Our cake was FABULOUS!!! It was so fresh and so good, and the design was just awesome! The couple were so friendly and great to work. I will be going back to them for all my cake needs!!!!
    Sarah & Tim
    married May 17 2013

Sent on 05/29/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2011

Pam and Doug were so great to work with; very personable and so creative. We couldn't believe we found such an amazing talent in the town of Port Huron! We can't thank you enough for the work you did. We got so many comments on the cake - not only was it absolutely beautiful, it was so tasty too. You really nailed it! Thanks again for everything.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Leah · Married on 06/27/2009

OMG, the *best* wedding cake I have ever tasted! Our guests raved about it... It was a true work of art, I almost felt bad eating it... But it tasted too good! HIGHLY recommended

Sent on 07/05/2009

kimi · Married on 10/08/2011

I LOVED my wedding cake. It was exactly what I had envisioned and I received responses in a very timely matter. The cake tasted amazing and everyone was still talking about the cake days after the wedding. I can't wait to eat the top tier in a year!!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Emily · Married on 11/29/2008

My mother actually found this place for me. I wasn't terribly picky about how the cake looked - I wanted it to be unique, but still a bit traditional. We went in for a taste-testing and she had made cupcakes in several flavors for us to take with us. We chatted about the cake for a bit and I showed her a couple of pictures with elements that I liked. She was able to incorporate all the elements and still make a very elegant, fall-inspired cake. It was beautiful and completely delicious! My only complaint is that we had a LOT of cake leftover. We had just under 100 guests and had the cake done to serve 100 people, but still had an entire layer leftover, in addition to the top layer which was saved for our first anniversary.
    The owner was always a pleasure to work with and was pretty good about getting back to me via email.
    I will definitely order a cake from them again - or at least pick up a few of their wonderful pastries!

Sent on 12/30/2008

Laura · Married on 05/13/2011

3.5
      3.0

Great Bakes Cakes makes amazing cakes. However, I found it difficult to communicate sometimes with the employees. There are only two people who work there, and they need a receptionist or someone else on the inside to help direct traffic and other communication. I would recommend them for their amazing cake flavors (Hummingbird) and their designs, but good luck getting ahold of them.

Sent on 06/01/2011

0.8
      2.5
      1.5

Well i went ti this bakery because of the m winning on tlc. I asked about cake flavora they didnt do what i truely wanted and she told me its not about what you like its about your guests when i guess i chose a flavor she didnt like using. This should have been my first clue. I then specifically asked if they used sheet cakes and the owner told me "no we do not." The day of our wedding we go to cut the cake and find that its made out of styrofoam!!! After they said we do not do sheet cakes. The week
    after my wedding i called to cnfront her and get at least some of my money back. She said i had..."NO COMMON SENCE" and that styrofoam cakes are the industry standard and sorry maybe i forgot to tell you. I was beyond upset after this. I askes for a refund and she said no i will not give you a refund because
    i made your cake 4 tiers instead of 3 and it served 150 instead of 125 that you asked for So i dont need to give you a refund. But i didnt ask for those things and my cake was still fake without me knowing and we cut a huge gash in the side but if we would have known we wouldnt be here having to explain what a rude
    owner this women is. Since she refused to refund my money i told her we would not be referring anyone to her business. She said thats fine im moving to Ann Arbor. So look out everyone who sees a TLC award winning bakery in that area anytime soon!

Sent on 06/10/2013