Gourmet Galley Catering Reviews

68 | North Stonington, CT

68 Reviews for Gourmet Galley Catering

Christina · Married on 12/02/2018

Oh my goodness, Gourmet Galley was absolutely outstanding! Everything from the incredible food (our guests are STILL talking about it) to the attentive staff and our amazing coordinator, Keri, helped to make our wedding day truly perfect. The extensive catering options and flexibility made it incredibly easy to choose a menu that suited our tastes, and have I mentioned the delicious food?? I can't tell you how many people have told us that it was the best they'd ever had at a wedding. We are so impressed and would highly recommend them!

Katie Scott · Married on 09/29/2018

Nailed a Vegan Wedding

What sets Gourmet Galley apart? They catered our all-vegan wedding and completely nailed it!
    Yes, that's right, we hosted our wedding with a full vegan menu, so it was really important that we found the perfect vendor to match our expectations; kudos specifically to Marissa McCue for being on top of it and delivering as promised.
    Our mixed group of guests of all food preference varieties could not have been more pleased. All night (and even the next morning) people told us how much they loved the food and many people really appreciated being able to eat anything they wanted instead of limiting their choices.
    We're not their first vegan couple (and I doubt their last), but it says a lot that this company could impress us with their cooking and baking skills in tailoring it the way we wanted, let alone handle everything else with such professionalism. There were also so many delightful little surprises throughout the night from GG, i.e. as the bride, they had someone assigned to me to make sure
    I was getting our appetizers during cocktail hour/photos, and even brought me small bits of food in the bridal suite beforehand.
    I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

Gourmet Galley did the catering for our tented farm wedding. They were recommended to us by a friend for their knowledge and experience of offsite catering. Most people don't realize certain aspects to planning an outdoor event until closer to the date such as running potable water, electricity, trash removal, etc. GG was very well prepared and helped me to understand the requirements for hosting such an event. They showed up on time, executed everything perfectly, and provided excellent service. Their menu options were expansive, and everything we tried was absolutely delicious. They accommodated all of our requests including food restrictions and allergies. They also seemed very comfortable working with outside vendors. It's very hard to plan a wedding that you can't set up or even see the actual space until the day of (our wedding was in the middle of a field), but GG laid everything out very beautifully. They also provided us (the B&G) with our own server. I'm kicking myself for not remembering her name, but she was amazing! She found us during our photos and brought us drinks. She set up a tray of appetizers for our bridal party before we were announced so that we all had something in our stomachs. She even found me while I was swarmed by people to make sure I always had a drink in my hand (weather it was water or mixed) and something to munch on. GG did the set up and the take down for the wedding as well. SUPER HELPFUL! The day of my wedding I didn't lift a finger. Overall, I'd spend every last penny all over again.

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2018

Amazing from the first chat with Marissa. She is an amazing person and cares deeply about making you happy and getting your wedding to be exactly what you want. The food was incredible (get the lobster roll apps) and everyone is still raving about it. The wait staff was also so kind and accommodating. On my wedding day some of the staff was assigned just to my husband and I and they made sure we didnt miss any of the food being passed at cocktail hour. They came to us during our pictures with trays of apps and made sure our drinks were full. Can't say enough great things, our wedding day was amazing thank you to Gourmet Galley and Marissa:)

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. We loved working with Gourmet Galley and The Meadows. It's always nerve racking picking food because it tastes amazing at the menu tasting and sometimes can fall through in big production but the food was just as amazing as it was at the tasting. Our guests complimented how great everything tasted. The coordination here was awesome and they were there for anything we needed. We had a blast and so did our guests. We've had people ask if we can do this every year because it was such an amazing time!

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2018

Keri and the Gourmet Galley team were wonderful throughout the planning process! From start to finish, they were there for us, including when our first wedding venue was suddenly shut down. Some reviewers have commented that communication can be spotty at times; however, TRUST ME- they are there to provide assistance and guidance in an instant when you really need them and they are in contact leading up to your big day. And the food—oh the food! Our wedding menu was DELICIOUS! We’ve received nothing but compliments on our dinners (including our vegetarians)! More importantly, WE can attest to how delicious the meals were because our personal attendant for the day and the Gourmet Galley team that assisted on the day of our wedding (shout out to Judith and Kyle!) made sure we had time to sample our appetizers, eat our dinner, and that we always had a fresh drink on hand. If you are looking for a delicious menu and excellent service, book Gourmet Galley! We’d use them again in an instant! We cannot thank them enough!

Bryce · Married on 10/13/2017

I wish I could give Gourmet Galley more than 5 stars! They catered my wedding on Oct 13, and I can't rave enough about them. Every aspect of working with them was above and beyond my expectations, starting with the wording of the proposal, and the envelope the contract came in! Working with Marissa was amazing. She was always responsive, and so helpful, making the catering aspect of the wedding as low stress as possible. My guests continue to talk about how good all the food was and how awesome the bartender was. Everyone at Gourmet Galley are true professionals, and I will never miss an opportunity to sing their praises!

Cara · Married on 09/16/2017

GG and Jennifer made my wedding day. The food was unbelievable and they took away all the stress on the day of and made it absolutely stunning. My guests are still asking who did the food!

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2017

My husband and I are so grateful to have been able to work with Gourmet Galley! Our wedding last week at Saltwater Farm Vineyard was the most perfect experience, and we owe that in large part to the very dedicated, meticulous, highly professional staff at Gourmet Galley (as well as their to die for food!) Our Sales & Event Coordinator, Jennifer Glissmeyer, could not have done more to make me a very happy bride throughout the entire process. Her commitment to seeing our vision through, and orchestrating the most beautiful night I have ever had, was simply impressive. And we would be remiss in not mentioning the wonderful experience we had working directly with Kelly as our wedding party server. Thank you for everything! - Lindsey & Phavixai Vixaisak

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2017

Choosing to have Gourmet Galley cater our wedding was the best decision we could have made. There are so many decisions to make (food, linens, place settings, etc etc) and Marissa made the process so easy and fun! The food was absolutely amazing, are guests are still talking about it! I can't say enough great things about this company! 100% recommend!

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2017

We are so happy that Gourmet Galley was able to cater our wedding this past August at Salt Water Farm Vineyard! The food was beyond delicious. Our guests kept talking about the food all weekend! Jen was beyond amazing to work with! She was easy to talk to, quick to respond to emails/calls, and was there every step of the way on the day of. Thank you Jen!

Renee · Married on 07/22/2017

The entire team at Gourmet Galley was AMAZING! Amanda, our event director was fantastic and the day-of staff were friendly, professional and very attentive. We had a perfect wedding day thanks to this team. I highly recommend them, they were on top of every detail. Our wedding day was so calm and enjoyable, all of our guests said that the catering team were the best they've ever seen. I cannot recommend them enough, thank you all for such a wonderful day!!

sarah · Married on 07/02/2017

We had Gourmet Galley cater our wedding at Priam and the food was absolutely amazing, everyone loved it and the quality was the same from when we tasted it to when it went out on our wedding day.

The staff were so friendly and attentative. Everyone was so impressed with them!!

Dita · Married on 09/24/2016

I hired Gourmet Galley for the wedding of my son at the Wadsworth Mansion in Middletown, Ct on 9/24/16. From the initial phone call to the actual wedding day, my experience coordinating with Marissa McCue, who is the sales and event planner, had been wonderful. She had been very accommodating with all my requests, ideas and last minute changes. The entire process went smoothly, making the planning less stressful. And on the day of the wedding, the food and the service were topnotch. All the guests loved the food. Marissa was there to assist and Anna, the owner stayed all night. I highly recommend Gourmet Galley, excellent food, classy presentation, friendly and professional staff. Reviewed by Dita Wenceslao

Allison · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I hired GG for our wedding at Jonathan Edwards Winery. Jennifer Glissmeyer was our contact and she couldn't have been better! Our tasting was amazing and made it very easy to decided on food choices for the big day. On the day of our wedding we didn't have to worry about a thing and everything went flawlessly. The food was great (people are still talking about it over an month later) and the service was phenomenal. Everyone in our bridal party was blown away by the service we all received while cocktail hour was going on but we were off taking pictures. Everything was first class - highly recommend!

Alexis · Married on 09/11/2016

We used Gourmet Galley for our wedding in September 2016 at Saltwater Farm Vineyard, and we couldn't have been more pleased! Keri and all the event staff were so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable that it made everything so simple...we didn't need to worry about a thing. Keri helped coordinate the rehearsal and the day-of as well, which I highly recommend! Everything was beautiful, delicious, and went off without a hitch. Everyone had an amazing time, and we received tons of compliments from our guests! You can't go wrong!

Laura · Married on 08/27/2016

My husband and I got married in August at the Florence Griswold Museum and worked with Jen at Gourmet Galley. We had such a wonderful experience with Jen and GG. Numerous guests raved after the wedding that it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted. Jen was an unbelievable resource to me in the entire planning process and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her help. I would strongly recommend GG to anyone getting married or planning a large event.

Catherine · Married on 08/13/2016

We used Gourmet Galley for our wedding this past August at the Hill-Stead Museum in Farmington, Connecticut. Marissa was an absolute pro to work with and we could not have been happier with Gourmet Galley. The process of selecting food was a fun and enjoyable endeavor. Ultimately, guests RAVED about the food and we could not have been happier! I would recommend Gourmet Galley without hesitation! Organized, professional, proficient, and friendly come to mind when I think about GG's top notch service!

anne · Married on 08/13/2016

Gourmet Galley catered my daughter's outdoor tent wedding on 8/13/16, which happened to be the hottest, most humid day of the summer. The food was as spectacular at the wedding as it was during the tasting. Many guests came up to me to tell me how friendly and accommodating the staff was to everyone. There were no lines at the bar or the stations, the champagne was cold and the event was run like a well oiled machine. It was the best wedding food we've ever had and we consider ourselves foodies! But most impressive was GG's ability to coordinate with multiple vendors, as well as prepare food on site. After dinner, we actually had a flash tornado. GG staff quickly sprung into action when the weather turned threatening, by moving the food and bars inside of the tent. The safety of our guests was their top priority and it showed. It was less stressful for us because of the way GG handled things. After the storm passed, GG sprang into action again to put the tent and dance floor back into action quickly. They turned a bad situation into one with an epic story line! Look no further if you want excellent food and service.

Barbara · Married on 08/12/2016

Top notch food and service. Inventive, flavorful and beautifully presented dishes. Superlative service - from the initial meeting with our planner (Keri Bell) to every server at the event. Great attention to every detail. We had a worry-free wedding and got rave reviews from discerning guests. We were delighted with the outcome. I'd highly recommend Gourmet Galley for any affair.

Rosa · Married on 08/06/2016

My daughter and I worked with Jen at GG and she was great!!! She was easy to work with, open to our ideas and offered her ideas as well. She responded back to me quickly and was willing to help with everything we asked. The staff all did an incredible job at Ashley's wedding!! Beyond my expectations.....so many people told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended!!

Pamela · Married on 07/09/2016

No one ever remembers what they ate at someone else's wedding and I know everyone always thinks the food at their wedding is great, but ours really was. Gourmet Galley did a spectacular job all around and the cherry on top was that the food was absolutely amazing. We received so many comments from guests about how fantastic the food is. We wanted to do something different from the standard wedding food and Gourmet Galley was amazing in helping us create the perfect menu. We had a very specific vision of the food for our wedding and were very nit-picky about the details and they were incredibly easy to work with and so very patient with us. I can't say enough about how wonderful they were, especially Jennifer Glissmeyer!

Michelle · Married on 07/03/2016

It was such a pleasure to work with Jennifer at Gourmet Galley. My entire vision for the wedding was a success and every component of the day was so organized. Can't thank them enough!

Jennifer · Married on 05/22/2016

Working with Gourmet Galley for our wedding was the best choice we made, especially having Keri Bell as our wedding coordinator for our rehearsal and wedding day. It was a wonderful experience with the entire team at Gourmet Galley from start to finish. From our first meeting to begin talking about the details of our day, to our tasting, and to the finishing touches once we finally got to our wedding weekend. The food was delicious and we received so many compliments from our wedding guests, and the service was outstanding. Having Keri there with us on the day of our wedding gave us such a sense of relief knowing that there was someone right there to tell us what was happening and when! There was not a single detail missed by anyone on the Gourmet Galley team. We can't thank them enough for all of their amazing work!!