Gourmet Galley Catering Reviews

80 Reviews for Gourmet Galley Catering

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 10/16/2020

Best day ever!

We had hired Gourmet Galley for our October 2020 wedding at Harkness Park. Our original venue had a select list of caterers we could work with and Gourmet Galley was by far the most responsive, enthusiastic and reasonably priced out of the 4-5 caterers we reached out to. We were so happy to be working with them from the very beginning! Then covid hit... Gina was nothing but comforting and amazing to work with while navigating these difficult times. After postponing, and changing our venue, we always felt comfortable knowing our day would eventually be perfect while working with them. Fast forward to the day of the wedding, and wow, our expectations were far exceeded from the food, professionalism of the staff and quick service! Our guests had nothing but raving reviews and we are still getting calls a week later complimenting the evening and how it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. THANK YOU again Gina & team, we couldn't have planned this wedding without you!

Sent on 04/19/2021
  • Kayla

Kayla T. · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Food & Service!!

What an AMAZING job the Gourmet Galley team did at our wedding. Marissa was super helpful throughout our whole process, as we hired them last minute due to changing our wedding plans because of COVID. All of our guests said the food was amazing & it all came out hot!! We couldn’t be happier with how everything looked, tasted, & the staff was amazing!! Seriously such a great job!!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Alyson

Alyson G. · Married on 09/25/2020

Exceptional service, professional, responsive, TASTY

The Gourmet Galley Catering team went above and beyond for my husband and I's wedding. Planning a wedding during COVID was extremely stressful but Jen was there to ease our minds and made our day the best day possible! It could not have gone better! Our guests said it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. As the bride I was nervous about all the last minute day of details. I was able to truly relax, I did not have a worry in the world the morning of our wedding, I knew we were in good hands. Every detail was executed perfectly, the food was second to none and everyone had an incredible time. We couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 10/05/2020
  • Alice

Alice P. · Married on 08/28/2020

Outstanding food and service!

We hired Gourmet Galley for our daughters wedding event and could not have been happier! The food and service were excellent! Marissa and her team were very professional an a pleasure to work with. They made the experience stress free. Due to unforeseen weather, the logistics were very challenging and had changed at the last minute. Their team was amazing at navigating the changes. The food was truly gourmet. I have never received so many compliments for food....“the best appetizers I’ve ever had”!

Sent on 09/14/2020

Meg G. · Married on 08/08/2020

Highly Recommend!

Gourmet Galley exceed our expectations! The execution of our custom menu went beyond our expectations. Our event planner, Marissa McCue, is an incredible event planner and a true partner for her clients. She takes the time to get to know you and your needs so that she is always thinking 5 steps ahead of you in what needs to be done to execute the perfect event exactly how you envision it. We cannot wait to come up with another event to work with them again in the future.

Sent on 05/14/2020
  • Racheal

Racheal K. · Married on 08/06/2020

Great food and service, highly recommend!!

Gourmet Galley was the caterer for our wedding at Saltwater Farm Vineyard, and we couldn’t be happier with their food and coordinating services. The food was excellent (especially the steak!) and the service was impeccable. We had numerous family and guests comment about how attentive and friendly the servers were. Jen was our point of contact and day-of coordinator…she was responsive, knowledgeable, and super easy to work with. She was such an integral part of our wedding day, helping us with our menu, floor plan, coordinating rentals, brainstorming specialty cocktails, and constantly reassuring us that our day would go without a hitch. On the day of the wedding, Jen and the Gourmet Galley staff delivered…every aspect of the wedding was seamless. The welcome table and reception tables were decorated exactly the way I wanted, and the rentals were placed perfectly in the venue. Thank you so much for being a huge part of our wedding and making our night so flawless and special!!

Sent on 08/21/2020

Elana K. · Married on 09/07/2019

Amazing food, service and so much more!

We hired Gourmet Galley as our wedding caterer and also used Jen as our Day of Coordinator. Jen was absolutely fantastic from start to finish, and really was so much more than just a Day of Coordinator. GG is a full service caterer, and that is absolutely true - Jen worked with us from day one to not only plan our menu, but also manage all of our rentals (with two other vendors), create our wedding day timeline, design our floor plan, and generally ensure every detail was perfect. She is extremely responsive and was more than happy to work through numerous changes to rentals, floor plan, etc. All of our guests said the food at our wedding was delicious, above and beyond standard wedding food, and the service was fantastic! No one had to wait in line for drinks at the bars and there was plenty of passed apps during the cocktail hour so there wasn't any swarming the wait staff as they entered with food - two things my husband and I really cared about. GG also provides a "couples' attendant", a server dedicated exclusively to the bride and groom, which we really appreciated. Most importantly, the entire day went seamlessly (seriously!), which was largely because of Jen and her team. GG is truly one of the best in the area!

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah C. · Married on 08/24/2019

Food was excellent

Gina was amazing to work with from our first meeting all the way through to the day of. She thought of every little detail to ensure that we were ready for our wedding. Very responsive and had a lot of really great suggestions during the planning process. Met with us at the venue to go over all of the details several weeks prior. They had a really great program in which they designed the layout and table seating to make everything seamless which also included a rain plan in the event our ceremony had to be under the tent at the Geer Tree farm. The staff really took care of us that day as they were very attentive to my husband and I as well as overseeing all of the smaller details. The food was amazing as our guest were raving about their dinner!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Amy

Amy S. · Married on 07/20/2019

Delicious dishes

We used Gourmet Galley to cater our wedding. Gina and her team were fabulous, and we could not be more thankful that they are connected with Priam Vineyards. Their performance did not waver despite the hot weather, and they served delicious apps, entrees, and desserts. They also created a personal signature drink (watermelon margarita) for our special day, which we loved. Our guests have said nothing but good things about the food and bar on our wedding day. We would absolutely recommend GG to anyone else! I could eat those apps every day!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Tom M. · Married on 07/04/2019

Exceeded Expectations

I own the Connecticut wedding group . When the time came for my own wedding at our home Samantha and I decided that we wanted to go outside of our company to relieve ourselves of the stress of catering personally . Because of stellar reputation we chose Gourmet Galley and from the moment we reached out to the last last truck leaving, and the follow up communications we could not have been happier . The overall planning , quality of food and service and attention to detail exceeded our high expectations and impressed all of our guests including several other catering company’s owners. Standout performance shout outs go to our sales manager Jennifer , executive chef Jeffery , event manager and extraordinary decor stylist Gina , day of chef Abe and day of coordinator Kim. The presentations were fabulous , service was friendly and attentive and the food was exceptional . My favorite standout station was a New York steakhouse carving board . All of the different steaks were cooked perfectly with different temps and condiments to choose from and with chef interaction adding to the guests enjoyment . The staff left entered our home respectfully and worked meticulously and left things impeccable. I’m happy to give high praise and recommendation to owner Anna Lathrup and her team of professionals .

Tom Mcdowell
    Owner
    Connecticut Wedding Group
    Middletown Ct

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Lyndsay

Lyndsay P. · Married on 06/01/2019

Top Notch Food

We received so many compliments about the food! It looks as good as it tastes! Definite attention to detail! Everyone was going crazy over the lobster rolls and the grilled bistro steak dinner. We will use Gourmet Galley for any event we ever have!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Christina · Married on 12/02/2018

Oh my goodness, Gourmet Galley was absolutely outstanding! Everything from the incredible food (our guests are STILL talking about it) to the attentive staff and our amazing coordinator, Keri, helped to make our wedding day truly perfect. The extensive catering options and flexibility made it incredibly easy to choose a menu that suited our tastes, and have I mentioned the delicious food?? I can't tell you how many people have told us that it was the best they'd ever had at a wedding. We are so impressed and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Katie S. · Married on 09/29/2018

Nailed a Vegan Wedding

What sets Gourmet Galley apart? They catered our all-vegan wedding and completely nailed it!
    Yes, that's right, we hosted our wedding with a full vegan menu, so it was really important that we found the perfect vendor to match our expectations; kudos specifically to Marissa McCue for being on top of it and delivering as promised.
    Our mixed group of guests of all food preference varieties could not have been more pleased. All night (and even the next morning) people told us how much they loved the food and many people really appreciated being able to eat anything they wanted instead of limiting their choices.
    We're not their first vegan couple (and I doubt their last), but it says a lot that this company could impress us with their cooking and baking skills in tailoring it the way we wanted, let alone handle everything else with such professionalism. There were also so many delightful little surprises throughout the night from GG, i.e. as the bride, they had someone assigned to me to make sure
    I was getting our appetizers during cocktail hour/photos, and even brought me small bits of food in the bridal suite beforehand.
    I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

Gourmet Galley did the catering for our tented farm wedding. They were recommended to us by a friend for their knowledge and experience of offsite catering. Most people don't realize certain aspects to planning an outdoor event until closer to the date such as running potable water, electricity, trash removal, etc. GG was very well prepared and helped me to understand the requirements for hosting such an event. They showed up on time, executed everything perfectly, and provided excellent service. Their menu options were expansive, and everything we tried was absolutely delicious. They accommodated all of our requests including food restrictions and allergies. They also seemed very comfortable working with outside vendors. It's very hard to plan a wedding that you can't set up or even see the actual space until the day of (our wedding was in the middle of a field), but GG laid everything out very beautifully. They also provided us (the B&G) with our own server. I'm kicking myself for not remembering her name, but she was amazing! She found us during our photos and brought us drinks. She set up a tray of appetizers for our bridal party before we were announced so that we all had something in our stomachs. She even found me while I was swarmed by people to make sure I always had a drink in my hand (weather it was water or mixed) and something to munch on. GG did the set up and the take down for the wedding as well. SUPER HELPFUL! The day of my wedding I didn't lift a finger. Overall, I'd spend every last penny all over again.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/17/2018

Amazing from the first chat with Marissa. She is an amazing person and cares deeply about making you happy and getting your wedding to be exactly what you want. The food was incredible (get the lobster roll apps) and everyone is still raving about it. The wait staff was also so kind and accommodating. On my wedding day some of the staff was assigned just to my husband and I and they made sure we didnt miss any of the food being passed at cocktail hour. They came to us during our pictures with trays of apps and made sure our drinks were full. Can't say enough great things, our wedding day was amazing thank you to Gourmet Galley and Marissa:)

Sent on 09/03/2018

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2018

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. We loved working with Gourmet Galley and The Meadows. It's always nerve racking picking food because it tastes amazing at the menu tasting and sometimes can fall through in big production but the food was just as amazing as it was at the tasting. Our guests complimented how great everything tasted. The coordination here was awesome and they were there for anything we needed. We had a blast and so did our guests. We've had people ask if we can do this every year because it was such an amazing time!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2018

Keri and the Gourmet Galley team were wonderful throughout the planning process! From start to finish, they were there for us, including when our first wedding venue was suddenly shut down. Some reviewers have commented that communication can be spotty at times; however, TRUST ME- they are there to provide assistance and guidance in an instant when you really need them and they are in contact leading up to your big day. And the food—oh the food! Our wedding menu was DELICIOUS! We’ve received nothing but compliments on our dinners (including our vegetarians)! More importantly, WE can attest to how delicious the meals were because our personal attendant for the day and the Gourmet Galley team that assisted on the day of our wedding (shout out to Judith and Kyle!) made sure we had time to sample our appetizers, eat our dinner, and that we always had a fresh drink on hand. If you are looking for a delicious menu and excellent service, book Gourmet Galley! We’d use them again in an instant! We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Bryce · Married on 10/13/2017

I wish I could give Gourmet Galley more than 5 stars! They catered my wedding on Oct 13, and I can't rave enough about them. Every aspect of working with them was above and beyond my expectations, starting with the wording of the proposal, and the envelope the contract came in! Working with Marissa was amazing. She was always responsive, and so helpful, making the catering aspect of the wedding as low stress as possible. My guests continue to talk about how good all the food was and how awesome the bartender was. Everyone at Gourmet Galley are true professionals, and I will never miss an opportunity to sing their praises!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Cara · Married on 09/16/2017

GG and Jennifer made my wedding day. The food was unbelievable and they took away all the stress on the day of and made it absolutely stunning. My guests are still asking who did the food!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2017

My husband and I are so grateful to have been able to work with Gourmet Galley! Our wedding last week at Saltwater Farm Vineyard was the most perfect experience, and we owe that in large part to the very dedicated, meticulous, highly professional staff at Gourmet Galley (as well as their to die for food!) Our Sales & Event Coordinator, Jennifer Glissmeyer, could not have done more to make me a very happy bride throughout the entire process. Her commitment to seeing our vision through, and orchestrating the most beautiful night I have ever had, was simply impressive. And we would be remiss in not mentioning the wonderful experience we had working directly with Kelly as our wedding party server. Thank you for everything! - Lindsey & Phavixai Vixaisak

Sent on 08/23/2017

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2017

Choosing to have Gourmet Galley cater our wedding was the best decision we could have made. There are so many decisions to make (food, linens, place settings, etc etc) and Marissa made the process so easy and fun! The food was absolutely amazing, are guests are still talking about it! I can't say enough great things about this company! 100% recommend!

Sent on 01/27/2018

Lauren · Married on 08/13/2017

We are so happy that Gourmet Galley was able to cater our wedding this past August at Salt Water Farm Vineyard! The food was beyond delicious. Our guests kept talking about the food all weekend! Jen was beyond amazing to work with! She was easy to talk to, quick to respond to emails/calls, and was there every step of the way on the day of. Thank you Jen!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Renee · Married on 07/22/2017

The entire team at Gourmet Galley was AMAZING! Amanda, our event director was fantastic and the day-of staff were friendly, professional and very attentive. We had a perfect wedding day thanks to this team. I highly recommend them, they were on top of every detail. Our wedding day was so calm and enjoyable, all of our guests said that the catering team were the best they've ever seen. I cannot recommend them enough, thank you all for such a wonderful day!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2017

We had Gourmet Galley cater our wedding at Priam and the food was absolutely amazing, everyone loved it and the quality was the same from when we tasted it to when it went out on our wedding day.

The staff were so friendly and attentative. Everyone was so impressed with them!!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Allison · Married on 06/24/2017

There are not enough positive words to describe my experience with Gourmet Galley and Keri Bell. Since first meeting with her back in November 2016 to our wedding day on June 24, 2017 they have exceeded my expectations. I have always believed that one of the top 3 things your guests will remember from your wedding day is the food and I am proud to say that our guests are STILL raving about it. From our initial meeting, to the tasting, to the wedding day Keri had been MORE than accommodating with answering any questions, making any changes and really "catering" (pun intended) to our every need. We were presented with countless options for appetizers and main course choices and what we ended up with was pure perfection. On the day of the wedding I was BLOWN AWAY by their attention to every detail and attentiveness. Their staff was amazing and not once was anyone ever looking around for the passed appetizers or felt like they didn't get enough. They really brought their A game with presentation and the actual service. One comment that I keep getting from guests was about the portion sizes for the main entrees and how IMPRESSED they were to find that their meal was an actual dinner sized portion and not, what other people were referring it to as, "wedding sized dinner portions." All in all I cannot recommend Gourmet Galley and Keri Bell enough. They are a top notch, class A kind of company and they now feel like family to us. If you want to leave a lasting impression on your guests and be proud of your catering decision, Gourmet Galley is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. You will never regret it!

Sent on 07/11/2017