Gotta Dance DJ's Reviews

218 | Tyler, TX

218 Reviews for Gotta Dance DJ's

Once I met with Joe prior to my wedding my stress was relieved 1000% He was timely, professional, easy pricing, straighforward, offered suggestions when asked or needed, and prompt with his responses. Our wedding was absolutely phenomenal and our guest commented so many times on how awesome the music was. Our guests were dancing all night long!!! The lighting was fabulous. When I spoke with other DJS I had trouble with them hassling me and constantly emailing me to get me to hire them and also not being direct with pricing. Joe knows his stuff, made sure everything went smoothly, worked well with all of my vendors and kept the party going. Followed our directions we wanted for our music . Even made us a surprise video of our wedding!!!! I would highly recommend Joe with Gotta Dance DJS for your wedding or any other event if you and your guesta want to have a great time and for your event to run smoothly, with nothing to worry about. Thank you Joe!!!!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Jeff · Married on 08/17/2014

Great to work with - very professional and courteous. Our guest were dancing non stop! Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Alexa · Married on 08/09/2014

Working with Joe was an absolute pleasure and he comes with very high recommendations from my husband and me. He was always professional, organized, and on time for our meetings. He was always able to meet at a central location which we appreciated very much. He is very friendly and easy to talk to (both in person and via email) and he definitely knows his way around the music world! Joe made it very easy for us to pick the songs and music we wanted for our wedding and was patient and answered all of our questions regarding the timing and flow of our wedding evening. Joe worked well with our venue to arrange time and space on the floor and was set up and ready to go well ahead of time on our wedding day. If you want one less thing to worry about for your wedding and on your wedding day, use Gotta Dance DJ’s for your music, you will not regret it.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Josh · Married on 08/02/2014

I have been to many wedding, and Joe was hands down the best DJ I have ever seen. He was extremely organized, and very helpful in the planning phase. He was communicative, and his price was very competitive. The day of the wedding he controlled the chain of events perfectly, and helped to make everything run smoothly. I would highly recommend Joe to any family or friends, and would certainly use him in the future for any private events. He was the perfect DJ.

Sent on 08/28/2014

We hired Gotta Dance DJs for our daughter’s wedding reception and we couldn’t have been more pleased with the job Joe (owner/DJ) did. He played outstanding music from the start of the cocktail hour right on through the dance party. His announcements during the night were clear and professional.

Gotta Dance DJs has only been in Colorado a few years so there are other DJ companies with bigger reputations, but I would be surprised if there is a better DJ in the state than Joe. With some of the bigger companies you don’t know what DJ you will get, but if you hire Gotta Dance DJ’s you know the owner and sole DJ (Joe) will be working your event.

The pricing for Gotta Dance DJs is extremely fair. Several of the DJ companies that we talked to offered a three or four hour package and then added on for each additional hour. Joe includes six hours of music in his basic package.

Joe was very responsive from the time we signed the contract right up until the wedding – even during the busy wedding season. We called and sent lots of emails and he always got back to us in a timely manner. Joe met with my daughter and her fiancé two months before the wedding to better understand the type of music they would like played on their special day and then he delivered. My daughter and I requested a combination of two songs for our father/daughter dance and Joe came up with the perfect edit for it.

The dance music that Joe played was seamless with one great song blending into the next. The dance floor was packed the whole night. He didn’t play any cheesy music and read the crowd perfectly from start to finish. We highly recommend Gotta Dance DJs to other couples getting married.

Sent on 08/06/2014

Joe did a great job at our wedding - he strikes the right balance between having a good personality to serve as MC but not so much that the event ends up being about him (some DJs seem to be working too hard to entertain folks in their demo videos). Joe was very organized and did a great job guiding us through planning out what we needed for the ceremony and reception. All we really had to do the day of the wedding was have fun! He also made a short video of the wedding which was nice to see and share with friends.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Kelsee · Married on 07/05/2014

We are so happy that we chose Gotta Dance DJs and Joe. He was nothing but professional from the beginning. He worked with us to pick our ceremony music and was very flexible with the music for the reception. He gave us advice when we asked for it, which was very helpful since we weren't sure about some options. He found all of our music (all of which were not on his list) without a fuss and made sure he had the exact version we wanted of our first dance song. The day of the wedding, he arrived well before any of the other vendors. We had to make a last minute choice on whether to have our ceremony inside or outside, so he set up both the inside and outside areas so that he could move very quickly if we had to change ceremony sites. This allowed us to enjoy the day more and not stress out as much. The music during the ceremony was perfect- he timed everything perfectly. During the reception, he made sure to confirm all details with us- names of those giving speeches, timing of events, last dance song, etc. As a result, everything went perfectly. It was so nice being able to be stress-free during most of our wedding and I attribute a lot of that to Joe. You cannot go wrong by choosing him! Thanks again Joe!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Brooke · Married on 06/27/2014

I cannot tell you how awesome Joe was! We planned the wedding from out of state. Joe went to our venue and worked with the coordinator on his own to make our day perfect. He covered so many details we didn't even think of! He took care of everything during the ceremony and reception and was so professional to work with. And let's talk about the music. He played great songs that got people on the dance floor and kept them there! Joe was recommended to us by a friend and hiring him for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made. I would recommend Joe and Gotta Dance Dj's to any bride!

Sent on 07/04/2014
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 06/14/2014

Joe was by FAR the most professional, fun, down-to-earth, organized, and incredibly talented DJ we have ever met or encountered at other weddings. From our first meeting to our wedding day, Joe was always responding to our questions within minutes or at the very latest, the end of that day. He went above and beyond to make sure he could accommodate our wishes/desire to have a GIANT 'Dance Party' of our reception....and he did JUST that. Our reception had open dancing from 9:30pm-12:30pm and not a single person was ready to get off the dance floor!! Our guests specifically noted how fantastic Joe was and continue to mention the AWESOME music he played all night long. I would strongly recommend Joe's services- you will not be disappointed. I enjoyed working Joe and look forward to seeing at my best friends wedding in December!!

Sent on 06/30/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/24/2014

Joe was absolutely wonderful! He was an absolute joy to work with. He helped things run super smoothly all night and we got a ton of compliments on the music. You should snap him up asap!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Joe is absolutely amazing and we were so lucky to get him booked early on in our engagement. From the first moment we met him to the last dance of our reception, Joe was amazing. He deserves 5++ stars. Joe is professional, listens to your wants, quick follow up on all correspondence, and most important knows how to entertain the crowd. The ceremony went off without a hitch and we were so glad to have the wireless microphone that Joe provided so everyone could hear us recite our vows. Joe really handled the crowd well at the reception and both young and old were out on the dance floor. There wasn't a single song that the dance floor was empty. Joe didn't hang up any tacky signs. Joe didn't request any meal (although we certainly offered more than once) as he said his job is to entertain the entire ceremony and reception and he would eat before/afterwards. Joe dressed professionally. Again can't speak high enough about Joe and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Sherrill · Married on 05/03/2014

You always hear that a DJ / MC can make or break your wedding. If this is one of your concerns (which it should be) then look no further! Joe at Gotta Dance DJ was amazing from start to finish. I'm bit OCD and music was probably the most important element of our wedding. Joe intently listened to all my ideas, offered valuable feedback and suggestions, then executed perfectly. He was always prompt to respond to my questions via email, available to meet over the phone or in person when I was in town (I live in Austin, TX), and constantly reassured me I was in the more than capable hands of someone who understood and respected my vision for our wedding. The video montage he put together was a HUGE hit - there were loads of ooohhs & ahhhhs throughout, and the video recap that came a few days later was just the cherry on top. Several people commented on how great our DJ was and the dance floor was packed the whole night! I highly recommend Gotta Dance DJ for your wedding DJ / MC needs - Joe is awesome!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Joe was absolutely amazing! We found him last minute and he was a great find! I was so impressed with his professionalism. Everything from what he sent us in the mail, our first meeting, his interaction with my overbearing family and the wedding were all so impressive. He sent me recommendations for the songs that we needed to pick out and had a great choice in music for everything else. He even made a cool video a few days after the wedding was over. I had so many great comments from the guests about the DJ. The best part was that he was priced very fair! I would highly recommend him to other brides!! Thanks for such an amazing day Joe!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Marie · Married on 03/20/2014

Joe made our night perfect, the music was awesome and everyone had a blast because of him! I can't thank him enough for all the time he put into the wedding and for making it so memorable!

Sent on 03/24/2015

Alyssa · Married on 10/05/2013

Joe and Gotta Dance DJs are absolutely amazing! Communication with Joe has been optimal since I first contacted him to DJ our wedding. He is efficient, responsive, and organized. He played the songs we wanted to hear, and he kept the party going. Our guests even commented on how much our DJ "rocked the show". He went above and beyond our expectations, and we would highly recommend him for your wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Kate · Married on 09/22/2013

Working with Joe at Gotta Dance was a breeze!

I'm a firm believer that a wedding is only as stressful as you make it to be-and that great vendors make all the difference. Let me tell you...Gotta Dance is a great vendor!

We first called Gotta Dance three weeks before our wedding date. Our original date (Oct 26, 2013) had to be changed because of a surprise deployment, and our new date was Sept 22, 2013. Within just a few phone calls, we had everything set!

Then a week before the wedding, Colorado experienced the 500-year flood, and knowing that Joe was in Drake (between Loveland and Estes Park) we were worried about him. We had to change our venue 7 days before the wedding (from Estes Park to Genesee) and Joe was with us the whole way! We got a call from him saying that everything was alright and that he'd been helicoptered out, but he brought his suit so he could make it to the wedding! Talk about a dedicated guy!

Our ceremony and the music was perfect, exactly as we'd dreamed it would be. And Joe had the best music on hand for the reception! It was a great blend and really had everyone up and dancing. Couldn't have asked for a better mix...it was truly everything we'd hoped it would be!

Gotta Dance DJs is definitely a vendor that will make every bride's life easier, and Joe was great to work with!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Catie · Married on 09/21/2013

I loved working with Joe! He was so responsive to every e-mail, did not play any cheesy music, created a play list that fit the mood / crowd, did a great job being our emcee....and most importantly of all....played EVERYTHING I requested! I would recommend Joe in a heartbeat.

He also had great pricing and provide an overall outstanding experience.

Thanks for a great night, Joe!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Angie · Married on 09/14/2013

My husband and I picked Joe to be our wedding DJ. Joe was very professional during our meetings and anytime we communicated in emails. He planned everything out for us and never had a problem making changes when we requested them. Because of the flooding, Joe was unable to make it to our wedding...things were just completely out of his control! So, even though he did not actually DJ our wedding, I still wanted to recommend him! He is the greatest guy, so friendly and professional. We highly recommend him to any couple looking for a wedding DJ!!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Rachael · Married on 09/02/2013

I was absolutely blown away by the services we received from Joe at Gotta Dance DJ's. From his ability to keep me calm during a most stressful time (our wedding) to the flexibility he portrayed based on our specific needs, to the absolute perfection (and I truly mean perfection) he exhibited throughout the entire process (consultation, email and phone communication since our wedding was a destination in Colorado, set up, dj-ing the wedding itself (his song choices were spot on for the wide age range demographic of attendees) and follow up. I don't think I've ever given a vendor 5 stars. But in this case, I couldn't help but give the highest form of praise for Joe, our rock star DJ...thanks, Joe!

Sent on 10/01/2013

David · Married on 08/24/2013

DJ Joe was amazing as our DJ/reception coordinator. He was professional and organized from our first encounter and really showed that he was invested in our day. He took care of everything during our reception and provided us with great timing for all of our events. When it came to music and dancing, there were people I've never seen dance before that were dancing all night. Friends left wanting him to be their DJ for their upcoming wedding, would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Joe was absolutely wonderful- reliable, responsible, direct, and enabled us and all of our guests to have an amazing wedding reception! His introductions and emceeing were top notch and guests danced throughout the night. Joe did a great job of taking our song preferences and creating playlists that felt just like "us"! His prices were reasonable and we would certainly recommend him to other couples!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Christopher · Married on 07/06/2013

This guy is unbelievable. Joe came as a reference from a friend and went above and beyond what I expected. He was extremely responsive and easy to work with. He asked the right questions and didn't waste our time. When it came to quick decisions during the reception, I couldn't have made better calls.
    Joe helped with our lighting, music selection, pace/schedule of reception, set up, break down and follow up.
    I have never been around a wedding where more people were talking about how great the DJ was. Usually they're like umpires: if they go unnoticed they're good...but people were actually talking about how great he was.
    Definitely recommend him for any type or size reception.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2013

From the moment we met Joe we were so excited to have him as our DJ. Throughout the whole planning process, Joe was kind, professional and prompt. Every time I had a question for him he was quick to return phone calls. And as it got closer to our wedding and we kept changing the music, and Joe was accommodating and did whatever we asked of him. Joe also did the music for our ceremony and he did an amazing job. He kept everything on schedule and didn't miss a beat. The reception was so much fun as wel. Our friends spent a lot of time outside smoking, which made Brett and I kinda upset, but joe was able to get them inside and on the dance floor so we could all have a great time. And we did!!! Throughout the night there were special request made and he was totally accomidating, and when the night ended I asked Joe to play a few more songs because the party was still going, and he was more than happy to. He was abouslutly amazing and I could not have asked for a better DJ. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ!! I really believe that if you want to have an amazing wedding, the DJ makes a huge difference, and Joe is the man for the job! Thanks Joe and if we ever need to hire another DJ, you are our man!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Brian · Married on 06/01/2013

Hurry up and reserve Joe before he's booked! Joe DJ'd our wedding in June in Boulder. He's extremely professional and efficient. When we first met with Joe he came prepared with a folder outlining lots of ideas for song choices for things like the entrance, cake cutting, etc. This was extremely helpful considering all the other things we had on our plate.

The night of the wedding went flawless. I've received tons of compliments on the set Joe played. There was truly something for everyone and the dance floor was full all night!

We absolutely recommend Joe!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Kelly · Married on 05/26/2013

Everything about working with Joe was fabulous. From our first meeting, Joe put us at ease with his vast experience, impressive organization, attention to detail and obvious passion for his job. He was always quick to respond to any questions or concerns during the planning process. The day of the wedding Joe did not disappoint--he was one of the earliest vendors to arrive at the wedding site to ensure everything went flawlessly. He was kind, respectful and enthusiastic with our families and guests. It almost seemed he doubled as a planner or captain with his organized execution of all the details of the wedding timeline. We have nothing but praises for his playlists and creating the atmosphere and feel we had hoped for. You'd be crazy to choose anyone else for your wedding!!

Sent on 06/07/2013