36 Reviews for Global Music Vibes

One Event Per Day (2)
Photobooth (2)
Flat Screen (1)
36 Global Music Vibes Reviews

When your wedding party is talking about how much they loved the music the next morning at breakfast, you know you hired the right dj's. Shaggy and Hobbs are amazing. They MC'd, played great cocktail/dinner music and kept the dance floor packed all night. So easy to work with and they do a great job working with the venue as well. Our space was not the easiest to work with, but they managed and made sure the sound was just right. THANK YOU!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The dance floor was poppin' all night. Everyone had an amazing time!

Thanks for the nonstop jams! We had a blast :)

Profile Picture Neha, 7/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Shaggy and Hobbs DJd our Sangeet and Wedding. They also provided us with live musicians for our ceremony and baraat and provided uplighting for our reception. The dance floor was poppin' all night. Everyone had an amazing time! In addition to doing a great job reading the crown and playing the right jams to keep everyone dancing, they executed on our timeline flawlessly. They were flexible and responsive and easy to work with. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing a DJ for their next event. Thanks for the nonstop jams! We had a blast :)

Profile Picture Neha, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Easy to work with, super fast response times and great music selection and remixes. The experience shows in their work. Awesome!

Profile Picture Christine, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Shaggy and Hobbs are an amazing team to work with. They started planning with us about 4-5 months prior to our wedding events, and they were meticulous about every detail - the ambiance, type of event, the audience, age group, culture, etc....they made us think about musical aspects we've never thought about. We never knew how much work actually takes to set the music for every event until we worked with these two. They also are very upfront and honest about the pricing, and are flexible in terms of what our budget was. They went as far as working with our planner and vendors for certain details, and kept us free as much as possible. And about their music?!?! the word 'exceptional' doesn't even do justice. My husband and i come from different cultures and we had over 500 people at all of our 4 events. our biggest fear was that one of our sides will not enjoy the music. Surprisingly, from my 10 year old nieces/nephews to both of our grandparents - we kept hearing how amazing the music was. It felt wonderful to see how much fun everyone was having by jamming to the same music. We highly recommend Global Music Vibes - you will not regret it. Thank you again Shaggy and Hobbs for making our wedding so much more memorable.

Cheers!

Jessica & Kevin

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

DJ Shaggy was great! We had heard Shaggy at a previous event and thought he did a great job so we booked him for our wedding. He and his partner Hobbs DJ'd and they were fantastic and very easy to work with. Received a number of compliments from guests that the music was the best they had ever heard at a wedding. Would highly recommend DJ Shaggy.

Profile Picture Mike, 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Exception service from the minute we reached out to Shaggy. We were confident that we were hiring a professional and did not have to worry about supplying a list of music or give detailed direction. When the wedding day finally arrived, Shaggy and Hobbs were working with our planner and all vendors involved directly. Things went so smooth without any hiccups and we had raving reviews from our guests. Great job!

Profile Picture Madhavi, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Flat Screen, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We were given Shaggy's contact info from our wedding planner and we booked with him about a year in advance. He started doing routine checks with us about 5 months prior to our wedding date and made us think about things we were not considering. He was also very clear with us in terms of what certain fee's were and how we could stay within our budget. Shaggy and Hobbs provided dj services for our wedding and reception. We didn't think we needed a dj for the ceremony portion, but we are very glad that we did decide to go through with having one. He worked closely with the priest and was in sync with what music needed to be played when. When it came to the reception, Shaggy did an amazing job with mc'ing and my dad instantly became his best friend. The music was amazing and we got so many compliments from our friends and family. Shaggy also checked in with us several times to make sure everything was going ok. Thank you so much Shaggy and Hobbs. You both are so good at what you do!

Profile Picture Nisha, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Shag and his assistant (Hobbs) were an absolute pleasure to work with from start to end. Shaggy is very experienced and easy to talk to. We met with him once before the wedding and he just totally understood what we wanted in regards to mixing up the music so everyone enjoyed themselves on the dance floor. Shaggy has done so hundreds weddings and dozens of "mixed" weddings and his experience was helpful. The template he gave us the option of using to organize/pick songs was clutch.

In addition, Shaggy was a great MC and kept us on track with our time schedule for speeches, dances, etc. All our guests raved about DJ Shag, the music choices, and how fun the dancing was.

If you have the opportunity to book DJ Shag we would recommend you do it! He cares a lot about the couples he works with and puts his heart into his job.

Profile Picture Michelle , 11/28/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Shag was awesome, played a great variety of music to suit our tastes and requests but also played some of his custom mixes that kept people dancing. Was excellent as an emcee too. Had a unique Hindu/Christian fusion ceremony and he did a great job adapting to that. Overall we were very happy with him and would recommend to anybody!

Profile Picture Pankaj, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Shaggy DJ'ed my wedding on August 1st at the Palmer House in Chicago. We were referred to him through a family member and after our first meeting, immediately knew he was the right choice. He is incredibly professional and was extremely responsive to any questions we sent him via email. He took the time to understand what we wanted played during our reception and totally delivered. We've received nothing but compliments on how good the music was and how good our DJ was overall and that's all thanks to Shaggy!

Profile Picture Ryan, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

As a wedding planning, it was such a relief to work with DJ Shag and his team. They were on time, professional and knew exactly what to do. He was also able to keep the dance floor full all night! I will refer them to many of my clients. You should definitely book their services!

Profile Picture Regina, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

So easy to work with and the music was just amazing. They definitely brought the club feeling to the dance floor as we wanted!

Profile Picture Chasity, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I hired DJ Shag and DJ Hobbs for my wedding in Cancun, Mexico - and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Music was one of the most important aspects of my wedding party and reception, and they delivered more than I could ever ask for. Our wedding was a challenging one - it took place on the beach in Mexico and the weather was not very cooperative for some of the night. First, they listened to our needs and preferences and did everything they could to make it work. Whether it was playing the right mix of Bollywood, hip hop, and EDM.. to the actual wedding ceremony that was absolutely amazing. Their music selections were on point for every event, and I even asked them to put their own spin on things and to use the years of experience they have in doing weddings of all types. They are professional, on time, kind, courteous, and overall just a great team. It's one thing to hear great things about Shaggy and Hobbs on their skills as DJs, but to experience it at my own event was something I'll never forget. These guys have skills, it doesn't matter if it's hard trance being mixed, old school/new school hip hop, or Bollywood music.. you will absolutely not be disappointed in their work. Thank you guys so much for making the event go perfectly!

Profile Picture James, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dj shag and Hobbs were amazing! They were very professional and fun and friendly!! They played a variety of music then pleased the entire crowd! Thank you!!

Profile Picture User3794026, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Packed Dance floor and professional service. Can't ask for much more. DJ Hobbs and Shaggy were also very picky in terms of where our guests giving a speech were standing to help avoid feedback. from the speaker. Something that I can't stand is that humming noise and I didn't hear it once at my wedding. THANK YOU. If you want somebody who will deliver service with passion - here's your answer.

Profile Picture Amisha, 5/3/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Everything was great working with Shaggy and Hobbs. They were very attentive to our needs and pointed out things in advance. Out of all my vendors, shaggy was also the quickest to get back to me with any questions or requests I had. They are already being booked for my sisters wedding in 2015!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We planned an event on a really tight timeline and DJ Shaggy was amazing to work with from start to finish. He communicated with us to acquire preferences and key songs for the different moments throughout our wedding celebration party. He and his partner Hobbs checked in with us during the event and gave all of our guests the utmost respect. Not to mention they both were as well dressed as the guests! Big thumbs up all around. I'd not hesitate to give Shaggy a call the next time I have a special event. Thank you both for all you did to make it great!

Profile Picture Hooshna, 1/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have nothing but good things to say about Global Music Vibes! From signing the contract to the last song, they were easy to work with, respected my every request and were incredibly accommodating. They are certainly to credit for the amazing party that was our reception. I was so excited to see a full dance floor the ENTIRE night. We got so many compliments from guests saying that they had so much fun at the reception thanks to DJ Shag (and the open bar, of course).

We had a winter wedding (12/21), and we wanted classic Christmas playing during dinner. I was a little concerned that they wouldn't have Christmas music, because I didn't think that was a very common request, but it was absolutely no problem what so ever. During the dancing portion, they played all the songs on our requested play list, and then used our taste in music to complete the set with music that was right on point with what we liked and what the guests were dancing to.

He was also a great MC, which I didn't even realize was so important! He helped me make sure I had the perfect timeline, and helped me plan things in the right order, for the right amount of time. He announced us just as we requested, and everything ran so incredibly smoothly. He accommodated for all of our one-off announcements through out the night, too, which was really helpful (like calling my whole family or my husband's high school class together for photos).

I would HIGHLY recommend working with Global Music Vibes, without hesitation.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Shag was by far my most favorite vendor to work with. He was one of only two vendors that actually reached out to me proactively to ask if I needed any help from him as we were getting close to our wedding day. He is very prompt with his responses, even when I ended up having many last minute emails. Our hotel coordinator flaked on us the day of, so I was extremely stressed and losing my mind. DJ Shag really impressed me as he came up to me several times to confirm things and help me feel settled. He was the only vendor that actually reviewed my timeline with me, and even reminded me when I forgot something, which really helped. I could relax and not worry he would mess anything up, like I had to with other vendors. He was also very flexible with last minute music request change and finding an obscure walk in song for a member of my bridal party. He did a good job of listening to my guests' requests and feeling the crowd out for what they liked to dance to. My guests commented often how much fun they had dancing.
Also, thank you for not playing any Bruno Mars!

Profile Picture Dimple, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Mr. Hobbs and Shag did the music at my daughter's wedding this past Saturday at the Arboretum Club in Buffalo Grove. As the song goes--"Oh What A Night!!" They were FABULOUS!! The dance floor was packed all night long. Lots of energy. Loads of fun! I don't think they stopped playing once. In all of the planning for this big event my one wish was that everyone would have fun dancing all night. Well...you guys made my wish come true. I would highly recommend their services to any bride. Our wedding planner feels the same. Thank You, Thank You BOTH!!!

Profile Picture Mimi, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were extremely happy with DJ Shag at our recent wedding. We posed quite the challenge given we were combining two cultures at our wedding as well as many different tastes in music, but DJ Shag pulled it off flawlessly. He was able to blend Indian beats with Country music as well as Hip Hop vibes in a way that just worked! We really appreciated that he made all the announcements we asked of him, but he didn't interrupt with any unwanted MCing. He helped to keep us on schedule. DJ Shag made the night about the music and was able to coordinate with the lighting designer in order to make it quite spectacular. We will definitely use him in the future!

Profile Picture Dana, 8/3/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Djs that actually care about whats taking place and provide their feedback. So happy we hired you guys. We will be sure to recommend you guys to our friends and family.

Profile Picture Asha, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Shaggy was not only the DJ and best MC for our Wedding and Reception, but he also created the sound track for our special day. With little direction, he went above and beyond in ensuring every instance of the day went perfectly and every persons' taste was catered to. He was able to mix the perfect combination for our picky Irish/Indian Crowd! He was able to mix everything from Indian Ceremony, Bangra, Punjabi, Hindi Pop to Top 40, Latin, Detroit and NY Techno, Euro Dance, Folk, 80's, and our own personal eclectic tastes...We would use DJ Shag again and again, and recommend him to anyone for ANY event. Thank you DJ Shaggy!! Look forward to seeing you again!

Profile Picture Tina, 9/30/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were so impressed with your quality of work and great coordinating with bam bam. We truly feel you guys did an exceptional job and wet above and beyond to make our reception something special. We received several compliments about your play list. Thank you for making this an amazing event.

Profile Picture Aneri, 9/2/12, 1 Review