Style Matters

Chicago, IL View map Visit website
$1,500 Most Popular Price

$1,500 Most Popular Price

Style Matters is a DJ and entertainment service operating out of Chicago, Illinois. The team of talented, friendly, and professional DJs creates vibrant celebrations your guests will remember for years to come. Dedicated to personalized service, the team tailors every experience to the needs of their individual clients, ensuring a one-of-a-kind celebration for you and your guests.

Style Matters offers a range of services to ensure that your requirements for your wedding day can be met. The team gets to know your preferences and music tastes through ongoing consultations and a questionnaire designed to enhance your personalized experience. The annual spring DJ showcase allows couples the opportunity to get to know the team and experience their styles and approaches to event entertainment. With a vast library of music to choose from, your DJ will carefully curate a setlist specifically tailored for your celebration.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,500

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,500

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Microphones

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$125

What music genres do you specialize in?

Country
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.8 out of 5 rating
    Anna Married on 07/30/2022

Perfect Match

We had DJ Larry. He was the perfect fit for us. We were complimented on the music all night. He played our favorite songs and more. The mix all blended perfectly together. He was extremely entertaining and attentive. In our must playlist we had Wonderwall. I had put that song in because it was in my vows. My now husband requested for me on New Years party ship. It was the middle of club music and he did it to make me feel more comfortable. He played it as our last dance and it was the perfect song for it. My husband found me and hug me and we danced and sang together. I thanked the DJ for playing that and how much it meant to me. He said that he was putting together last songs and decided he must play this one. I was surprised because I thought someone told him about my vows and planned it. He said he must of felt it. I am so happy we were paired with him.
  • Kassie-Scott
    Kassie L. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kept the dance floor going all night!

DJ Max sure knows how to throw a party! We’ve never seen a dance floor so packed from end-to-end, and we were pleasantly surprised to see how many “grown ups” (parents, aunts, uncles, etc) were out on the floor. Max took our brain dump of song ideas and seamlessly threaded them into a playlist that appealed to all demographics, including weaving in some songs that we hadn’t thought of. Our only trouble was finding a time to take a break from dancing… any time we tried to leave, another favorite song came on! Highly recommend DJ Max from Style Matters!
    Gaurang G. Married on 09/18/2021

Would recommend Style Matters

These guys rock and it as so fun to work with them throughout the process. We hired Spencer and Style Matters to DJ our Sangeet and Reception and had a blast. Margot was our DJ'ed for our Sangeet and Duke DJ'ed our Reception. They both did a great job. My wife and I really appreciated the thoughtfulness involved in the process as well - they asked us to provide 'Must Play', 'Like', and 'Do not play' song lists and we had a 30-45 min conversation with our DJs so they could better understand who we are, what kind of music we like, what are guests are like, etc. They also helped us put together the music for our first dance at the reception and another dance at our Sangeet.
  • illustration stars

Team

Spencer  Lokken
Spencer Lokken
Owner/DJ

A classically trained violinist since four, Style Matters’ lead man would be lost without the guidance of sound. A beat nut since the very beginning, he’s been spinning records since his formative years. His musical interests span from contemporary electronic funk to classical compositions centuries old. As one-third of popular DJ collective Orchard Lounge, he tours the country regularly (with recent stops at both Lollapalooza and Coachella), pushing futuristic new sounds to the open-minded masses. He was chosen as BPM magazine’s Next On the Decks grand prize winner for his “Land of Nod” downtempo mix, has performed on NPR and at world famous venues like Meow Wolf, Red Rocks, The Fillmore Theatre, Pritzger Pavilion, and The Bean in Millenium Park. He was also recently mentioned in the Arts section of the New York Times. Spencer and his wife, Bethany, opened their own private event space in WestTown called Ovation (Ovation Chicago ) in late 2014. Ovation is home base for the entire Style Matters collective, and a blank canvas for all of their creative endeavors. In 2019, they took ownership of Greenhouse Loft, as well.

Secondprint Productions Secondprint Productions Wedding Photographers

If you want solid music without the silly frills and contrived djay voices, Style Matters DJ's is the way to go. I've worked with them on several occasions and I'm impressed every time.

Fragola Productions LLC Fragola Productions LLC Wedding Photographers

This year we've photographed 3 weddings where the DJs were from Style That Matters. Each wedding the DJs showed up well dressed in a timely manner. Easy going, always responding to the crowd rather than playing strictly with their own taste. Looking forward to working with these guys in the upcoming wedding season.

The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery The Left Bank Jewelry & Bridal Finery Wedding Dresses

This is our "go to" DJ for a fun, relaxed experience. You can be assured a great time with strange or cheesy DJ gimmicks!

2324 W. Fulton Chicago, IL, 60612
Location of (Style Matters)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding