Okyne Medialab, Inc.

1229 N. North Branch St., Suite 303, Chicago, IL 60642 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 32

About Okyne Medialab, Inc.

Okyne Medialab, Inc., a unique DJ company in Chicago, Illinois and Austin, Texas began in 2004 with the purpose of refining entertainment and DJ services by creating a new, energetic approach. Okyne Medialab, Inc. strives to remove the "cheesiness" from DJ services and provide you with great, personalized customer service and entertainment that works with your unique goals and visions for your event. They want to embody your personal style and personality through their music services. Okyne Medialab, Inc. will work hard to keep your guests entertained and your event running smoothly to ensure a memorable day.

This company offers a huge range of music selections to choose from. They also accept payment in all forms, to make things as easy as possible for you. Their list of DJ services includes:

• MC and bilingual MC
Okyne Medialab, Inc.
The DJs of Okyne Medialab
The DJs of Okyne Medialab
DJ Erich
We keep the dance floor packed all night long!
We keep the dance floor packed all night long!
DJ Jimmy
We keep the music going all night, and cater to your crowd to keep everyone happy, but you won't get...
DJ Jesse
DJ Jesse

• Videos 2

279 Reviews for Okyne Medialab, Inc.

1 User photo

Okyne Medialab, Inc. 1

Gina · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing experience!

Everyone at Okyne was absolutely amazing and professional! We had some additional requests such as a surprise addition from my bridesmaids and a mixture of greek and American music. They took care of everything seamlessly and made sure that our special day was flawless! DJ Zach kept the dance floor packed and he perfectly sensed what the crowd needed throughout the whole night. Music is such an important part of the day and they took charge with such minimal input from me. I couldn't have been happier!!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 11/10/2018

Kept the dance floor rocking NON-STOP from 7:30pm until midnight!!

We cannot say enough about Okyne Medialab. Al was our DJ, and he is truly a professional. He came highly recommended to us by a friend of ours who works in the wedding business as a photographer, and I am so happy we went with his recommendation! I am SUPER picky about music, and the DJ was the most important vendor in my eyes. I could not have been happier with our decision to go with Okyne.

Our wedding started with a cocktail hour in a room off to the side of the main room, and Al used a satellite speaker so that we could have music in there. During the cocktail hour, we wanted Rat Pack/Frank Sinatra type music, which then moved into oldies. The music choices were very classy and well-picked - they were exactly what we wanted.

We moved into a bigger room for the rest of the reception, and the second the dancing started, the floor was packed. People literally did not stop dancing until midnight!! Our friends told us that they only left the dance floor when they had to use the restroom, and even then, they were mad that there were "no bad songs" because that meant they had to miss a good song when they needed a restroom break!

My husband laughs because I told him before the wedding that I hope people stay past 10pm to dance. Our wedding had all ages (21 up to probably 85) so I was really hoping that people would stay and dance all night instead of going home early. Wow, was I a fool for even being worried about it! Al had the dance floor rocking until MIDNIGHT and I had multiple people tell me that it was the most fun wedding they had EVER been to!!! Everyone loved the music - there were so many fun songs to dance to, and there was something for everyone. My husband and I love oldies, 70's, and 80's the most, but we also love 90's, and Al worked all of those songs in perfectly. He also played some modern stuff but none of the songs that are overplayed or annoying. My husband and I also hate rap, and we love that Al didn't go to that type of stuff as the night went on. (He would've if we wanted him to, but he listened to what we wanted and chose the songs for our style of wedding.) We also didn't want any cheesy coordinated dancing songs played, and Al listened to that and did exactly what we wanted.

He and his crew made everything so easy because we could customize our song choices online. We could make multiple play lists (Love it, Like it, and Do Not Play) which we LOVED because we were very picky about certain songs getting played or not getting played. Al was great about reading the crowd and sticking with what was working to keep the dance floor packed. He played the kind of music that my husband and I love while also keeping everyone from the age of 21 to 85 dancing together. It was AWESOME.

Our wedding was a few weeks ago and I still have people emailing me telling me they had a blast and were sore from dancing for two days after the wedding! It was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Al Okyne and his team to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!

Okyne Medialab, Inc. FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 250.00
  • What services do you offer? Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Flat Screen, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• WASIO photography
    WASIO photography Wedding Photographers

We like Okyne so much that we hired them for our own wedding! There was not even one minute when the dance floor was not full! Best DJs for sure!

• Fred Fox Studios
    Fred Fox Studios Wedding Photographers

Al and his crew are amongst the very best djs in Chicago. Our staff loves working with Okyne. We always know when we work with them that the bride and groom are in for a great time.

• Michelle Durpetti Events
    Michelle Durpetti Events Wedding Planners

We absolutely LOVE working with the talented professionals at Okyne Media Lab! Their attention to detail and reliability are unmatched as is their enthusiasm! We have had the pleasure of working with multiple members of this fabulous team at weddings and private events and we know when we refer them to a client that the dance floor will be packed and that everything will run seamlessly! We are thrilled to refer them to our clients and friends!

• 1229 N. North Branch St., Suite 303 Chicago, IL 60642 See on map
    (773) 688-4577 (Phone number)
  • 4301 West William Cannon Drive Suite B150-170 Austin, TX 78749 See on map
    (512) 298-2163 (Phone number)