Okyne Medialab Reviews

Okyne Medialab 1
Okyne Medialab 2

Laramy Atkinson · Getting married on 05/02/2020

Okyne is phenomenal

Okyne was phenomenal and were a pleasure to work with. They assisted with planning and logstics and made assisted with our wedding flowing seamlessly. DJ Alan is the best and I highly recommend them for any music needs one may have!

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Monica

Monica Hannan · Married on 09/14/2019

Great experience!

We loved working with Okyne Media Lab, and our DJ, Corey. They were so cool, and really understood what we were looking for right from the jump. They were also so organized, responsive, and professional. Corey was a pleasure to work with and kept our dance floor packed all night. I couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 08/31/2019

Okyne Delivers! Best Party of Our Lives!

I highly recommend Okyne! They did a fantastic job at our wedding. Aside from how responsive and professional they are, Okyne's portal resources were tremendously helpful in choosing the special songs and developing a reception schedule/flow that made sense and brought our vision to life. Our celebration was PERFECT, & Okyne was a big part of that! I had zero concerns about day-of coordination with them - Okyne made the process so easy. For context, we had shy of 100 headcount (so, on the intimate side), so I was slightly nervous about the dance floor vibe. DJ Martin did a super job, and found our crowd's groove really quickly - tons of friends and family were up and dancing throughout, there was a 50+-person congo line, a dance-off, and just an overall AWESOME time. A total blast! People would have stayed dancing until the morning if we had let them (the groove was that good), and we've gotten several comments about how much everyone enjoyed the music/party. Thanks Okyne!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Sarah · Married on 08/17/2019

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

Okyne Media was definitely one of the easiest and best vendors we worked with throughout our planning. They make the experience super streamlined, catered to our custom requests, and offered really competitive pricing. Our DJ, Zach, was awesome and kept the dancing going all night. Totally recommend!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Vondrasek · Married on 08/10/2019

Look No Further - DJ Corey & Okyne Are Your DJ Experts!

The whole process with Okyne was really awesome. We loved the planning portal and being able to connect with the DJ and the main team before the big day to speak over the specifics. DJ Corey was super professional and had a lot of control over the night. I feel like that was one of the most helpful things about working with Okyne, honestly. Corey was able to smoothly run the event as well as make game time decisions, if we needed them without having to ask us or interrupt our party time. We were able to kick back, relax and tear up the dance floor without any worries. Not to mention, the mix of songs from our "love it" and "like it" list and the unexpected ones to fit the same vibe were just SPOT ON!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Laynee

Laynee · Married on 07/27/2019

A Jammin’ Time!

We loved using Okyne for our wedding on July 27th! From the start, they were easy to work with and ensured all of our dj details for our reception at Hotel Baker were covered. Anthony, our dj, stayed all night and kept our guests really dancing and singing along! He played off what the crowd was into and seamlessly transitioned between songs. We highly recommend them for dj services!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Nmevans25

Nmevans25 · Married on 07/20/2019

Great price, professional service, and an amazing time!

The planning process was easy and they followed up with any gaps and questions. The DJ filled in the songs for dinner and dancing perfectly to fit our style. We also went with a violin and cello ensemble for the ceremony and reception. They were able to play all of the pop songs that I requested to include the Chainsmokers! (Amazing) Overall, I had a great experience with Okyne and would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Sheehan · Married on 07/13/2019

Highly recommend

Martin was absolutely wonderful, our guests had a blast and mentioned it weeks after.

Sent on 08/20/2019

Danielle · Married on 06/22/2019

Top notch DJ

DJ Gordon was perfect. He played a variety of songs that kept people on the dance floor all night. He also was very friendly and easy to talk to. Definitely has a lot of patience and professionalism.

Also, he was a great announcer at dinner for all the dances, speeches, and entrances. We threw a curve ball or two at him the day of an he was great and handled it perfectly.

The uplighting provided was also amazing and brought a more fun mood to my venue.

Okyne was super easy to work with and a great value for what they provide. Everyone we worked with was super friendly and helpful and I will be recommending them to anyone that is looking for a DJ.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2019

Made our reception so much fun!

Okyne Medialab is AMAZING. We were able to use a website to set up our love it, like it, and hate it list of songs. We also met with the owner of Okyne though video chat to go over final details before our day. DJ Dan was amazing and he really knew what songs to pull up to get the crowd going. He even shared the space with our family's Croatian band and went back and forth seamlessly between Croatian folk music and the DJ songs. We had so much fun and Dan made sure everything ran incredibly smooth!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Jill · Married on 05/04/2019

A perfect match!

Al Okyne is the brains behind this DJ service! When we had our initial meeting, we were asked "get to know you questions" so they could get an idea of what music style we were looking for our wedding (and ultimately pair us with our DJ.) My now husband had a VERY specific music style for each part of our wedding, and made a spread sheet of songs to play/not to play, etc. Anyways, we were paired with DJ Gordon & he delivered! All of our "must play songs" were played, and he incorporated my husband's playlist and added other songs to the vibe he was looking for! He was a great MC for the night and SO professional! He even found me on the dance floor to ask if a "do not play song" that was being requested by several guests would be ok to play! No need to go anyplace else, Okyne Media is where it's at!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Kristie

Kristie · Married on 01/12/2019

Everything I asked for!

Alan was our DJ, and he killed it! I always say, you know it was a good wedding when the dance floor was full all night, and it was! He played all of our favorite songs. He took requests that were appropriate, and politely declined those that were not.

We also hired a harpist through Okyne for our Ceremony, Janelle. She did a great job, and we got so many compliments on how nice it was to have her play.

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Okyne Medialab 3

Gina · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing experience!

Everyone at Okyne was absolutely amazing and professional! We had some additional requests such as a surprise addition from my bridesmaids and a mixture of greek and American music. They took care of everything seamlessly and made sure that our special day was flawless! DJ Zach kept the dance floor packed and he perfectly sensed what the crowd needed throughout the whole night. Music is such an important part of the day and they took charge with such minimal input from me. I couldn't have been happier!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 11/10/2018

Kept the dance floor rocking NON-STOP from 7:30pm until midnight!!

We cannot say enough about Okyne Medialab. Al was our DJ, and he is truly a professional. He came highly recommended to us by a friend of ours who works in the wedding business as a photographer, and I am so happy we went with his recommendation! I am SUPER picky about music, and the DJ was the most important vendor in my eyes. I could not have been happier with our decision to go with Okyne.

Our wedding started with a cocktail hour in a room off to the side of the main room, and Al used a satellite speaker so that we could have music in there. During the cocktail hour, we wanted Rat Pack/Frank Sinatra type music, which then moved into oldies. The music choices were very classy and well-picked - they were exactly what we wanted.

We moved into a bigger room for the rest of the reception, and the second the dancing started, the floor was packed. People literally did not stop dancing until midnight!! Our friends told us that they only left the dance floor when they had to use the restroom, and even then, they were mad that there were "no bad songs" because that meant they had to miss a good song when they needed a restroom break!

My husband laughs because I told him before the wedding that I hope people stay past 10pm to dance. Our wedding had all ages (21 up to probably 85) so I was really hoping that people would stay and dance all night instead of going home early. Wow, was I a fool for even being worried about it! Al had the dance floor rocking until MIDNIGHT and I had multiple people tell me that it was the most fun wedding they had EVER been to!!! Everyone loved the music - there were so many fun songs to dance to, and there was something for everyone. My husband and I love oldies, 70's, and 80's the most, but we also love 90's, and Al worked all of those songs in perfectly. He also played some modern stuff but none of the songs that are overplayed or annoying. My husband and I also hate rap, and we love that Al didn't go to that type of stuff as the night went on. (He would've if we wanted him to, but he listened to what we wanted and chose the songs for our style of wedding.) We also didn't want any cheesy coordinated dancing songs played, and Al listened to that and did exactly what we wanted.

He and his crew made everything so easy because we could customize our song choices online. We could make multiple play lists (Love it, Like it, and Do Not Play) which we LOVED because we were very picky about certain songs getting played or not getting played. Al was great about reading the crowd and sticking with what was working to keep the dance floor packed. He played the kind of music that my husband and I love while also keeping everyone from the age of 21 to 85 dancing together. It was AWESOME.

Our wedding was a few weeks ago and I still have people emailing me telling me they had a blast and were sore from dancing for two days after the wedding! It was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend Al Okyne and his team to anyone looking for a wedding DJ!

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Tapak · Married on 11/10/2018

No cheesy dj in sight!

When looking for a DJ for our wedding we were nervous about having a cheesy DJ who was awkward or had fake voice. Our venue (Steve Sleczka -LondonHouse Chicago) and wedding coordinator (Cassandra Vack - Anthony Gowder Designs) both recommended Okyne Media Lab. Working with Okyne was amazing from our first call with Stacy to our prep meetings with Al, and our DJ -DJ Gordon. The process was very organized with the online tools which helped during the wedding craziness because not everything had to be done at once! During our reception DJ Gordon was PERFECT! He had so much energy and the dance floor was continuously PACKED and he led the evening in the most genuine way! There was not a dull moment. We received so many compliments on the mix of music and how much fun the dance floor was.

Sent on 03/24/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 11/03/2018

The dance floor was packed all night!

Okyne was so amazing to work with! Throughout the process, they were extremely responsive and helpful in making sure everything was exactly as we wanted. We used their violinist, Hannah, for the ceremony and it was the perfect romantic touch.
    Our DJ was Anthony and we can't say enough good things about him. He was so attentive to what we told him in terms of what we did and didn't want played. Our dance floor was PACKED the entire night. We've been to a lot of weddings and haven't seen a dance floor that packed for as long as it was EVER. Thank you Anthony again so much for making our ceremony so much fun and being such a pleasure to work with. Congrats again on your 100th wedding - we were honored to be a part of it!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Michael · Married on 10/13/2018

Great wedding DJ

Okyne Medialab did a great job DJing our wedding. They were professional throughout the planning process. They were able to answer our questions honestly without trying to upsell us (we were debating a second sound system for our cocktail hour). During the reception, DJ Anthony kept the program flowing smoothly. Our dancefloor was packed almost the entire night, and we got a ton of compliments on our music. Overall, working with Okyne was easy, and we were very happy with the quality.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Dennis · Married on 09/29/2018

Stop searching for a DJ! Now! Okyne Medialab was one of the best decisions we made. The professionalism and attention to detail was a blessing. Al and the entire staff will make sure you have the best music on your wedding day. DJ Ryan kept the crowd going from the beginning all the way to the end.

Sent on 10/08/2018
  • Jamie

Jamie Enger · Married on 09/29/2018

5/5 Stars-Incredible Experience

My husband and I got married on September 29, 2018. Okyne played such a huge part in our wedding. Our number #1 compliment was in regards to our DJ. We had the pleasure of working with DJ Jonathan. First and foremost, he was also very personable and easy to work with. He was on-point with the music he played, which was tailored to our musical likes and interests. He came by multiple times throughout the night to make sure we were doing alright and to ask if we needed anything.

From the beginning both Stacey and Al played a huge role in the music process and had us fill out an online questionnaire based on our musical preferences. We then had a detailed meeting with Al the week of our wedding to go over our musical selections and to finalize all the details for our special day. Everything turned out perfectly and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ company to work with.

We highly recommend Okyne to anyone looking for a DJ, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Jana · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I were looking for a spectacular DJ for our wedding. I'm a professional dancer, so having a extra special DJ was crucial.

Okyne impressed us from the moment we talked to them on the phone with their professionalism and organization. All the steps they employ to make sure you have a great experience are well thought out and very helpful! Our DJ Matt was awesome, personable and his music choices / mixing were on point!

Thank you Okyne for your wonderful services! We absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for their wedding DJ!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

We were very overwhelmed when we started looking for a wedding DJ until a friend referred us to Okyne media! They were very easy to work with and I loved their online planning portal! It was easy to use and a nice way to make sure everything was buttoned up for the big day. We had DJ Martin who was amazing! Our guests had an awesome time and we received a ton of compliments. We wanted to incorporate a mix of music including some Polish songs and he did a great job. Everyone had a great time and the dance floor was packed! Would definitely recommend Okyne Media Lab!

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 08/25/2018

Okyne is the Best!

Okyne Medialab was the very first vendor that we booked for our wedding! This team is amazing from start to finish. Our wedding vision was clear, we wanted a dance-all-night party that our guests would be talking about for months and years to come. Okyne delivered! Al quickly made himself available to give us a quote within minutes. Stacy was super helpful in answering all of our questions all along the way. The event planning website was so amazing and helpful! The search engine gives hundreds of suggestions for each important dance. The timeline helped us plan out exactly how we wanted the wedding to flow. One night when we were online late, we had a small issue with the website, we clicked on the Help function and Al responded within seconds and asked if he could call us and walk us through the issue. It was so great to have such quick and personal service. Our DJ Corey was fantastic and kept the party going the whole night! We are incredibly happy that we picked Okyne Medialab for our wedding and would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/24/2018

Our DJ was great and was able to DJ well with songs from two different cultures at our wedding. The dance floor was mostly filled through the night, and he was able to read the crowd well. He was also flexible when we realized we hadn't included enough Arabic music and was able to improvise quickly to please the crowd. With unlimited hours for 1500, you really can't beat the package! They also did our uplighting, which turned out great!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Debbie · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Alan was our DJ for our wedding on 8/18/18. We were referred to Okyne Media Lab by a coworker who raved about them at her wedding. I am so happy we chose Okyne Media Lab because DJ Alan absolutely killed it with the music! We had an extensive list of songs that we wanted to be played, and hit all of them in the best order and flow. We had many songs from different genres and cultures and he made it so fun to dance to all of them and get everyone out on the dance floor. At the end of the night he was willing to keep playing for as we wanted. Thank you DJ Alan & Okyne Media Lab!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Ghislaine · Married on 08/11/2018

We booked Okyne for our wedding and had an amazing experience with them! Their service was very professional and they were extremely attentive to our needs. We were in constant communication via email, video chats, and phone calls – not to mention, their online tool to specify our song selections was very easy to use. One of the most important components of our wedding was the DJ/music because we wanted people to dance and have a great time. Our DJ, Victor, did an amazing job with our request to have a bilingual reception and played great music in English and Spanish. He was very attentive with us throughout the night and was also able to read the crowd to keep the party going! He had our guests dancing the entire time! We couldn’t be happier with our choice to work with Okyne Medialab. Thank you Stacy, Al, Victor and anyone else from Okyne who worked behind the scenes to make this a great experience! We had an amazing night!
    Grant & Ghislaine 8/11/18