Okyne Medialab Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Anthony
    Anthony S. Married on 12/04/2021

Excellent service, made our wedding great!

Okyne Medilab was absolutely fabulous! The DJ they sent out was perfect for us (Patrick) and knew exactly what to play and when. Seriously, if you’re searching for a DJ service stop right here, no more searching needed, these folks are fantastic! Very quick to respond, work very closely with you to make your experience great and price was very affordable. There’s nothing negative I could even say if I tried; true professional’s and fun at the same time.
    Ariana Married on 10/16/2021

Top Music Vendor!

We are so lucky we had Okyne Media at our wedding on 10/16/21! They really created a memorable night for our family and friends! I wanted to choose a music vendor who would set the tone and mood for our wedding from cocktail hour to the reception all night. We had an awesome instrumental jazz trio at cocktail hour and during dinner then had a saxophone player with DJ Alan for dancing. DJ Alan was a blast! He kept the dance floor going all night and played all our favorite songs. Our friends and family had so much fun and we couldn’t recommend Okyne Media enough! We are so grateful to have worked with Okyne Media and appreciate their time in helping us create a special night - especially after postponing. Al and Stacy were so kind, patient, flexible, and helpful while navigating rescheduling and making sure our vision came to life. We highly recommend Okyne Media and feel so lucky they were a part of our wedding day!
  • Allison
    Allison S. Married on 10/08/2021

Absolutely fantastic

We selected Okyne because they did my brothers wedding a few years ago and we had to peel people off of the dance floor. Their system was fantastic, and they answered any and all concerns we had. They were professional and helpful. Our DJ was perfect and followed the timeline perfectly. Music was such a big part of our big day and we were so happy we went with Okyne Media Lab! Everyone had so much fun. Thank you so much for such an amazing day/ night.
    Reena P. Married on 09/18/2021

Great DJ/Music Services

The team at Okyne Medialab is great to work with. They have playlists that can help the couple choose their music without needed to select every song. They are also great to work with to incorporate those songs that are important to the couple. Al made sure that we had everything in order prior to the wedding and DJ was nice to work with as well. We loved out experience. Thanks!!!
  • Monika
    Monika W. Married on 09/11/2021

Great Wedding DJ!

I hired Okyne Medialab as my wedding DJ after attending a wedding they DJ-ed a few years ago. I had a great time at that wedding and it was one of the most fun wedding dance floors I'd ever been on, so hiring Okyne was a no brainer. Their online tools are great and very easy to use. The planning meeting with Al really helped put me at ease. I could tell Al knew exactly how we wanted the night to run, and the type of music I was looking for. I received a call from my actual DJ Thursday before the wedding. This was also a great conversation and I felt comfortable going into the wedding day that I would not have to worry about the entertainment. DJ Kevin did an AMAZING job at my wedding. From the first few songs, you could tell it was going to be a great time. The music just kept getting better as the night went on. Kevin was able to blend oldies, modern music, and polish music for my family. The dance floor stayed packed all night! Okyne was everything I wanted them to be and more. I could not be happier with our decision to hire them.
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 09/05/2021

Music to Keep the Party Going

We hired Okyne for our wedding in September, 2021, and we loved working with them! From our initial consults to our final meeting, Okyne was easy to work with and extremely responsive. The best part was they played AMAZING music at our wedding and our guests were on the dancefloor even before we opened it. We also contracted a string duo via Okyne for our ceremony and cocktail hour, which our guests loved. If you're looking for a DJ who can get the party started (and keep it going!), Okyne is the company for you!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea P. Married on 08/14/2021

They were the best!

We hired them both as a DJ and a live cello and violin duet for the ceremony. We also hired them for our small covid wedding last year and our larger 2nd wedding this year. Okyne was super responsive and handled all of our requests with ease. We cannot thank them enough for accommodating us between last year and this year! Our guests were ranting and raving about how great the live music was as well as our DJ! My family had some unusual song requests as well and it all went perfectly! Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a lively dance floor and great music!
    Alyssa K. Married on 08/05/2021

Incredible

We had nothing short of an absolutely incredible experience with Okyne. From start to finish, they were incredibly helpful, responsive, and informative. We knew exactly what to expect in each step of the process and they gave us the tools to make everything very easy and straightforward leading up to our wedding. More than that, they offered incredible flexibility in a time of high stress - especially adding Covid into the mix with planning and replanning multiple times. I have to say I was beyond impressed with our pre-wedding final meeting. I work with businesses/owners frequently in my line of work and feel it’s incredibly rare to have the owners as involved as Stacy and Al are. The time and attention they give to each individual couple or project is above and beyond any company I’ve ever worked with. They are incredible. It’s no surprise that our wedding deejay was equally as awesome. Kris called us the night before our wedding to make sure he had every detail, and name pronunciation down to a T. He kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night. I would recommend this company 100 times over to anyone looking for an event or wedding deejay.
    Nikki L. Married on 07/24/2021

You need Okyne at your wedding!

Hiring Okyne Medialab was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! From the initial meeting to the reception, every person we dealt with was professional, organized, and warm! Thanks to COVID we went through multiple postponements, but every member of the Okyne team was supportive and helpful through every step. The live cellist we hired through Okyne made our ceremony so beautiful and perfect, and DJ Gordon absolutely crushed it at the reception. The dance floor was packed the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted! We cannot recommend hiring Okyne enough, we are so glad that we did!
    Anna P. Married on 07/17/2021

Gordon is the best!

Working with Al and Stacy, the owners, was great. They were knowledgeable and have a lot of experience in the business. We wanted a professional DJ, someone who wouldn’t play tacky wedding songs, someone who looked the part and could keep the show running. After our meeting with Al, where we went over all our music preferences, style, and timeline, we were told DJ Gordon would be our DJ. He made our reception amazing! People were on the dance floor the whole evening! He read the crowd exceptionally well, selecting the best songs to keep the party going. We also liked the way he transitioned, or faded in and out of songs and to the next. Last minute, our best man requested from Gordon a “walk-up song” before his speech- this ended up being hilarious and added so much more to the epic speech he gave. Overall we were very happy with Okyne and how our reception felt as a result of having an awesome DJ!
    Marianne C. Married on 06/11/2021

Best Decision We Made For Our Wedding

Hiring Okyne Media was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were extremely knowledgeable on all genres of music and had great recommendations when I needed help. They also have a great online planning tool for selecting music and constructing a timeline for the wedding day. Al, the owner, was instrumental in selecting the perfect DJ to match our music preferences, and also in finalizing our timeline and making sure they had all the correct versions of our music choices. DJ Alejandro did a fantastic job! The music was on point and our guests danced well into the night and were raving about how good the DJ was. I highly recommend Okyne Media to anyone looking for a great DJ/MC.
    Brianna Married on 05/07/2021

Best DJ, everyone was always on the dance floor!

The process working with Okyne was amazing. We changed our wedding 3 times and they were so helpful working with us. Our guests had a blast, the dance floor was always full!!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 10/23/2020
    Dan was awesome! Listened to all of our requests! Kept everybody dancing all night long! Had a great wedding thanks to Okyne!
    Stephanie M. Married on 09/26/2020

Lovely music!

Al and Stacy made the entire planning process easy and seamless. They provided me with an intuitive online portal where I could search, select songs, and build a timeline for the cellist & violist (Dorothy & Bruno). The artists arrived early and provided our guests with beautiful music. Our only regret is that we didn't book them for a couple more hours. Thank you, Okyne Medialab!
  • Rachael
    Rachael Married on 09/05/2020

Great DJ Service!

DJ Gordon was fantastic on our wedding in September 2020! Okyne Medialab was amazing to work with in planning our big day. Our wedding planner introduced us to this company, and we have no regrets!
    We had several meetings to discuss our DJ goals for our wedding. The company had a website where we created a profile and were able to customize and select our top 10 songs, bottom 10 songs, special song requests, introductions, toasts, etc… We also had several meetings where Bekah and Al walked us through our profiles, asked us questions, and took many notes on everything we said. They were very professional. They even hosted a virtual meeting with us, our planner, photographer, venue, etc… all together online so that they would know exactly when music would be needed (or not needed). The company had access to ALL of our music requests, even custom instrumental versions of songs.
    DJ Gordon was very professional with his equipment set up, he was familiar with all of the notes from our profile, and abided by all the Covid19 requirements- no dancing (due to covid), but fun dinner music. That is exactly what he delivered! We sat at the head of the big table and watched EVERYONE swaying or bobbing their heads in their seats, pretty much throughout the ENTIRE dinner! At one point, ALL 30 GUESTS stopped talking to each other so they could group sing along to music and dance in their seats- it was so entertaining! DJ Gordon kept the energy level perfect the entire evening!
    DJ Gordon called us the night before the wedding to make sure we we’re ready for the big day. He nailed the ceremony music, the special dances, the dinner, and the toasts. He, and Okyne Medialab, gave us a wedding day we will always remember. We would definitely recommend to anyone!
  • Maggie
    Maggie F. Married on 06/13/2020

The BEST DJ company for your special day

Hiring a DJ for our wedding was one of our top priorities since we all know, the music makes your wedding. Given recommendations from our wedding venue, Galleria Marchetti, we went with Okyne Medialab, Inc. Being a Covid bride, Okyne Medialab INC. gave us no problem with switching our dates 4 times! Finally getting to our July 3rd wedding the following year, Okyne Medialab Inc. sent Kris to be our DJ. Kris was THE BEST DJ! He read the dance floor, kept the dance floor packed at all times and gave me no worries throughout the night. I cannot get over how great this company is. I highly recommend them to anyone that is in need of a DJ!
    Laramy A. Married on 05/02/2020

Okyne is phenomenal

Okyne was phenomenal and were a pleasure to work with. They assisted with planning and logstics and made assisted with our wedding flowing seamlessly. DJ Alan is the best and I highly recommend them for any music needs one may have!
  • James
    James D. Married on 02/12/2020

Great Experience

Okyne was terrific! Gave us the perfect vibe for every phase of our ceremony and reception. They were also very helpful planning for the ceremony and thinking through what music would be right for each part of the evening.
  • McKenna
    Mckenna F. Married on 12/21/2019

Dance floor was packed all night!

We had the BEST day. Thank you so much to the entire Okyne team, and especially DJ Alan, for making our day so incredible. DJ Alan did an amazing job and kept the dance floor full and fun all night long! I'm so happy with how everything turned out, the songs were amazing, he did a great job announcing the special dances, cake cutting, photo ops, etc. I couldn't be happier. The online system was so easy for my husband and I to fill out with songs we loved/liked/disliked and DJ Alan did the best job incorporating all of this into his set. I also wanted to thank Okyne for helping me find my dance song with my Dad! We always have loved the song "Sweet Child of Mine" but Guns & Roses isn't exactly a great slow dance song... Alan from Okyne researched and found the perfect slow version & it made for the perfect Dad/Daughter dance. I absolutely recommend Okyne to all my friends who are in the wedding planning process & to all of you!
    Cass Married on 11/02/2019

Excellent!

Easy to work with, great value, and helped incorporate some special request such as music important to our culture and our families. Would highly recommend
  • Marissa
    Marissa Married on 10/18/2019

Best decision ever

We absolutely LOVED DJ Gordon and had a wonderful experience with Okyne! The planning process was seamless and DJ Gordon was so fun the entire time, it really made all the difference to have such a great vendor! Our guests even LOVED his dinner time love music playlist and we still have people talking about how much fun they had! Thank you to Gordon, Al, Stacy, and the entire team!
  • Monica
    Monica H. Married on 09/14/2019

Great experience!

We loved working with Okyne Media Lab, and our DJ, Corey. They were so cool, and really understood what we were looking for right from the jump. They were also so organized, responsive, and professional. Corey was a pleasure to work with and kept our dance floor packed all night. I couldn't recommend them more!
  • Y
    Yvette Married on 08/31/2019

Okyne Delivers! Best Party of Our Lives!

I highly recommend Okyne! They did a fantastic job at our wedding. Aside from how responsive and professional they are, Okyne's portal resources were tremendously helpful in choosing the special songs and developing a reception schedule/flow that made sense and brought our vision to life. Our celebration was PERFECT, & Okyne was a big part of that! I had zero concerns about day-of coordination with them - Okyne made the process so easy. For context, we had shy of 100 headcount (so, on the intimate side), so I was slightly nervous about the dance floor vibe. DJ Martin did a super job, and found our crowd's groove really quickly - tons of friends and family were up and dancing throughout, there was a 50+-person congo line, a dance-off, and just an overall AWESOME time. A total blast! People would have stayed dancing until the morning if we had let them (the groove was that good), and we've gotten several comments about how much everyone enjoyed the music/party. Thanks Okyne!
    Sarah Married on 08/17/2019

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

Okyne Media was definitely one of the easiest and best vendors we worked with throughout our planning. They make the experience super streamlined, catered to our custom requests, and offered really competitive pricing. Our DJ, Zach, was awesome and kept the dancing going all night. Totally recommend!
  • Paul
    Paul H. Married on 08/17/2019

Best dj & music in chicagoland

We couldn't be happier with our experience with DJ Gordon and Stacy from OkyneMediaLab! The music was bumpin' all night long and DJ Gordon was a great MC/DJ. Stacy helped us through the whole process from beginning to end and we got so many compliments on the music the night of the wedding. We still have people telling us after the wedding that they loved the music/DJ. We would highly recommend anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding to take their business to OkyneMediaLab!