269 Reviews for Okyne Medialab, Inc.

User Photos
One Event Per Day (13)
Liability Insurance (3)
Projector (1)
268 Okyne Medialab, Inc. Reviews

DJ Alan was our DJ for our wedding on 8/18/18. We were referred to Okyne Media Lab by a coworker who raved about them at her wedding. I am so happy we chose Okyne Media Lab because DJ Alan absolutely killed it with the music! We had an extensive list of songs that we wanted to be played, and hit all of them in the best order and flow. We had many songs from different genres and cultures and he made it so fun to dance to all of them and get everyone out on the dance floor. At the end of the night he was willing to keep playing for as we wanted. Thank you DJ Alan & Okyne Media Lab!

Profile Picture Debbie, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

They were amazing and helpful on all aspects of the wedding!

Profile Picture Rupa, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Okyne for our wedding and had an amazing experience with them! Their service was very professional and they were extremely attentive to our needs. We were in constant communication via email, video chats, and phone calls – not to mention, their online tool to specify our song selections was very easy to use. One of the most important components of our wedding was the DJ/music because we wanted people to dance and have a great time. Our DJ, Victor, did an amazing job with our request to have a bilingual reception and played great music in English and Spanish. He was very attentive with us throughout the night and was also able to read the crowd to keep the party going! He had our guests dancing the entire time! We couldn’t be happier with our choice to work with Okyne Medialab. Thank you Stacy, Al, Victor and anyone else from Okyne who worked behind the scenes to make this a great experience! We had an amazing night!
Grant & Ghislaine 8/11/18

Profile Picture Ghislaine, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Okyne and DJ Anthony were fantastic! So professional and the consultations we had really made us feel confident that our DJ knew exactly what we wanted.

DJ Anthony was dressed well and was super organized and made sure everything went smoothly. Our guests had a great time and so did we! The transitions were great and he was able to mix the Spanish and English music so well. I heard the 80s Chicago house music at the end of night, after Rich and I were sent off with sparklers, was a big hit. I would definitely recommend Okyne Medialab and DJ Anthony himself if anyone ever needs a DJ for anything. These guys rock!

We also used their Okyne Live - Harpist service for the dinner hour. Their harpist, Janelle, was absolutely amazing!!! It was so much fun watching her get so into the music she was playing. She played well-known current radio hits (Coldplay, John Legend, etc.) and some classics (Frank Sinatra and the like). She definitely made the dinner hour memorable. I would definitely recommend her as well.

Profile Picture Kayla, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

This is the BEST dj company! From the start of planning with them, they are professional, respond right away to questions, and have a very user-friendly online profile that you can build your songs before the wedding. DJ Alan was our DJ and he was fantastic. He kept the crowd dancing the entire night! The songs flow from one to the next and there's never an awkward break. He played exactly what we envisioned, and I got multiple compliments about the DJ music the next day!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

First class operation. Wow! The dance floor never cleared. This company is without a doubt, the best, hands down. Stacy and Al were very insightful and supportive with their guidance throughout the entire process. They had great recommendations for us and worked with us when we wanted some killer introductions ( classic Chicago bulls intro). Al takes the time to meet with each couple to make sure everyone is on the same page and they have all the information they need. The professionalism that was displayed by everyone in this company was outstanding. Our DJ was Matt and he was fantastic! He was very enthusiastic, welcoming and engaging with everyone. He was very organized and rocked the place all night long. We could not be more happy with Okyne Media Lab and I will be recommending them to everyone!

Profile Picture Maggie, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Outstanding company to work with. They gave us everything we wanted. The DJ was perfect. I would highly recommend this company for a great wedding. Anne Melko

Profile Picture Anne, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Okyne was a no brainer for us. We talked to a few people and their presentation literally just blew us away and we signed with them 24 hours after meeting. They were awesome to work with and we were assigned Kris who was just amazing and super sweet. They were a team that was really on their game, overall just a pleasure to work with and talk to, and very quick to respond to any question or concern very quickly. The music they played was exactly what we wanted and there was never a song played that we didn't like or didn't go with our vibe.

Profile Picture David, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Used Okyne for our wedding on October 13th at Cafe Brauer and DJ Matt was amazing. Things started a little slow on the dance floor and my wife and I were concerned, but Matt was quick to calm us down and assure us that people were just grabbing drinks and getting into the swing of things. Shortly thereafter, things picked up immediately and the rest of the night was an absolutely blast. Would highly recommend Okyne, not just for the day-of itself but also for the great tools they use for planning and the fact that they sit down via Google Hangouts for a face-to-face before the event to ensure every detail is just right. Thanks again for a wonderful night!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

After our initial consultation with Al, the DJ was the ONE things that I was 100% confident in. Unfortunately, after the wedding, that didn't end up being the case. I will say that Al's professionalism is top notch. His sales pitch was incredible and we knew we wanted to book his services immediately. Their online planning forum made it SO easy to select songs, flesh out our timelines, etc. But in the last few weeks before the wedding, we started to experience some issues, and their attentiveness and consistency started to change: it would take a couple of follow-ups from me before I received an answer on something, and sometimes the answer didn't even address my original question, we were told that our DJ would be Jonathan but we ended up having someone else, the Mother of the Groom had requested a specific song for the first 'group' selection of the evening in order to get everyone on the floor and dancing...we had included this in our online forum and had talked to Al about it...& instead the DJ played some strange song that no one knew, they offered to waive the uplighting fee if we booked a live ceremony/cocktail musician (which we did) but the fee was never waived (but I never pursued it...he gave us a small discount on the ceremony fee), & they did not check with the venue beforehand to make sure that the piano that the venue had on hand was in working order...I had mentioned to Al that they had one, but obviously you can't move a baby grand outside for cocktail hour, so I assumed that they'd have a keyboard as well. The musician did not, so we got hit with an extra $50 charge after the wedding. All in all...our DJ ended up keeping people on the dance floor dancing which is the most important part...and I was grateful for that. I still think it was the right choice for us, & would highly suggest looking into their services, but nothing is perfect.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ Matt was fantastic! The dance floor was full all night long. Working with the entire team in general was such a great experience. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and you got a response very quickly. Just overall great people to work with. We had the DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We also had up lighting. Matt was very accommodating with my few last minute changes. Literally no complaints and we highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Okyne Medialab was fantastic! Al and Stacy were very prompt in responses, meetings, etc. Everything went very smoothly ! We also had the uplighitng and ceremony mic packages which made things much easier for planning purposes ! Our wedding DJ was Alan and he was amazing, we have a very big dance crew and he kept our dance floor going up until our sparkler sendoff, nothing but good things to say about this wedding DJ company!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

When you look for a DJ for a wedding, you want someone who is going to keep the party alive, as well as *not* play certain "classics" that were meant for a kitchy wedding. You want a DJ that feels the energy of the crowd, takes input from the bride and groom, and keeps the partying going all night long! That is exactly what Okyne Media Lab delivered. We did not want the hokey pokey, chicken dance, etc played at our wedding. Also, we wanted to have 90's hip-hop R&B playing from 10pm-midnight. We also had the daunting task of fusing 2 cultures, for us, Indian and American. We heard a mix that Okyne Media Lab did in the past for a Western/Bhangra wedding, and it was incredible! Then, on our wedding night, it was even better than we thought! The beats kept coming, 90's hip-hop and Bhangra fused together in a way taht kept my relatives and my wife's relatives on the dance floor, as well as both of our friends! We were thrilled to find out that our DJ, DJ Alan had a great time - we did too! He kept the party going all night. I had several people tell me it was the best wedding DJ they ever had - and I agree! He was amazing! Overall, working with Stacy, Al, and DJ Alan was wonderful, and I would definitely recommend them to any of my friends getting married or just throwing an incredible dance party!

Profile Picture Rajeev, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Looking back on the wedding, we always knew having Okyne play our wedding was a no-brainer. What we didn't know was just how great of a choice we had made. DJ Ben did an AMAZING job to say the least. Right from the get-go we were very comfortable with him. One of the most important things to us on our wedding day was to have a rockin', full dance floor and DJ Ben definitely delivered. It was packed through the very last song and we couldn't be happier! He coordinated the timelines so that all the speeches and events flowed seamlessly and everything felt natural.

This all couldn't have been done without Stacy and Al's help all the months leading up to the big day and we are eternally grateful. Thank you so much to Okyne Medialab for all you did and for giving us the wedding we had dreamed of!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We loved working with Okyne Medialab. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Anytime we contacted the office someone was always quick to respond. Matt was an excellent DJ. He read the crowd well and played music that kept people dancing all night. We really appreciate all the hard work they put into our wedding and making our dream wedding come true. People had fun dancing all night!

Profile Picture Shawn, 5/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was amazing and ridiculously fun. DJ Gordon completely killed it. From the pre-ceremony, ceremony, reception he nailed it all. Our dance floor never let up because every time a new song came on and you didn't want to leave. I can't tell you how many people said our wedding was the most fun one they've ever been too and a lot of it was because of our DJ. Do yourself a favor, it’s a huge stress relief not to have to worry about an empty dance floor and people having fun. At one point my husband asked Gordon if he was good (referring to his shirt) and Gordon goes no and then tucks in the back of his shirt. Seriously he was the man!

Thank you guys so much we are so happy we went with Okyne! Could not have asked for a better DJ than Gordon! With appreciation from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Brittni, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Getting a good DJ was very important to my husband, so he researched about 15 companies in the Chicago-land area and as soon as we spoke with Okyne Media we knew they were the ones! We were absolutely thrilled with our entire experience. From our initial conversations to the wedding night, we loved working with them. DJ Alan was phenomenal and we received so many compliments. He was extremely professional and really understand what my husband and I wanted and kept the crowd dancing all night. I am so thankful that we hired them for our wedding!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Liz, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Uplighting, MC

Dan was awesome! Listened to all of our requests! Kept everybody dancing all night long! Had a great wedding thanks to Okyne!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

What can we say? We LOVED our wedding reception thanks in huge part to DJ Al and the Okyne team! From day one of working with Okyne, it was smooth sailing. They answered my millions of questions and set my type-A personality at ease! The online tools made selecting our music and making a timeline super easy. All of our guests continue to tell us how much FUN they had at our wedding and we couldn't agree more! The dance floor was packed the entire night with our favorite songs being played. I know we were both on the dance floor the majority of the night. My feet were swollen for two days after! Haha Totally worth it! Now when we hear a song that was played at our wedding we turn to each other and smile! Exactly what we were looking for in our wedding DJ. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you to Okyne Medialab a million times for helping to make our dream day a reality! Book Okyne and you won’t go wrong!

Profile Picture Amy, 2/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Well, what can we say and where do we begin?? All we have to say is WOW. Al and Stacy are a power couple that run an incredible company and its because of one very important thing: they LOVE what they do. Their passion trickles down to each one of their DJ's and to say that their team is talented is an understatement. From the moment you talk to Al, you feel like you've known him for years. He and his team provide everything you will need on your wedding day such as trust, enthusiasm and a guarantee to rocking your wedding to the max.

We had DJ Alan, and he KILLED it. Music is one of the most important aspects of a wedding and Alan just "gets it". EVERYONE was on the dance floor from the first song until the very last. We saw people dancing that we've never seen dance before. Al and his team are truly amazing at their craft and are pure professionals from day one. We had absolutely no worries throughout the planning process, as they took care of it all! People are STILL talking about how amazing our DJ was!

Hands down, the best night of our lives, thanks to Al and team. Thank you thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Breanne, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We absolutely loved DJ Kristian with Okyne Medialab! From day one, the company was extremely professional. We had a special request -- we wanted a specific brand of their speakers to be used for our wedding -- and they were one of the only DJ companies that would accommodate this request. Al did an excellent job of walking us through the amazing software they use that shows you popular choices for all of the different parts of your wedding! It also has a great search feature that can help you find virtually any song you may want to play. Stacy stayed on top of the process and made sure we met our deadlines. DJ Kris did a great job reading the crowd and keeping tons of people on our dance floor all night long! He was also extremely professional and made sure to ask everyone how to pronounce their names for the wedding party entrance -- and he practiced it a couple of times too. The entire night went perfectly and we couldn't have done it without Okyne Medialab!

Profile Picture Patty, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Gordon did an amazing job at our wedding! He nailed all of our song requests, pronounced everyone's names correctly during the entrance, and kept the dance floor filled all night. The only thing that caused us stress during the planning process was not knowing who our DJ was until the Tuesday before. Thankfully it was a good fit! They have great sound equipment, and we booked them during our interview!

Profile Picture User7382041, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I contracted with Okyne Media Lab for DJ services on our wedding day, after being put in touch with them by a company supplying our string trio (Sarlas Music Inc).

We had some initial calls with the company's founder, Al Okyne, and on the organisational side of things we were very impressed. Al was responsive in answering all our questions, and we appreciated a secondary catch-up call during the week of the wedding to go over any final details.

Okyne Media Lab also offers a decent client portal on their website that allows you to enter all your event details and timings in advance, and create a selection of “must hear” / “like to hear” / “must not hear” songs from their extensive library. You can create these lists at your leisure in the weeks leading up to your event, and save them for editing later. The DJ then mixes those in with their own selections according to your taste.

Unfortunately we did have some issues with DJ Corey on the day itself, where some pre-defined details were not adhered to, and there was some disagreement on musical style and attitude. We've since discussed it with Al Okyne, who was happy to speak to the DJ and then arrange a follow-up call with ourselves, and we understand that the matter has now been dealt with.

Overall Okyne Media Lab are a well-organised company, and the DJ was on time and well-presented on the day itself. We'd simply encourage future couples to be very specific about their expectations, ideally to the DJ him/herself, to avoid any misunderstanding.

Profile Picture Richard, 10/22/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC