Okyne Medialab Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Melissa N. Getting married on 05/06/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

10/10!!! Best Entertainment Group Ever!

HIRE OKYNE MEDIALAB! No hesitations. We are absolutely amazed with how things turned out. We had Nicole as our harpist for our cocktail hour and our guests could not stop complimenting what a cool idea and what remarkable talent she had. Then, our reception, Al was our DJ and he really turned up the party. He took our "must play" songs and had them all in the there while transitioning and reading the crowd so well throughout the entire night. It was SO MUCH FUN thanks to this incredible team! They are trustworthy and very energetic in the whole process. Highly recommend! 10/10.
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina V. Married on 08/13/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wanted to Dance All Night!

DJ Kris was our DJ at our 8-13-22 wedding and he did a phenomenal job. He called us two days before our wedding to go over details and ask any last-minute questions, and the day went off without a hitch! He pronounced everyone’s names correctly, timed the beginning of each song for first dances perfectly, and played some awesome remixes toward the end of the night. A bunch of our college friends complimented us on the music!! People were dancing nonstop right up until the end of our reception - no one wanted to leave the dance floor when the night was over. He brought great energy with him and was super fun to work with!

Additionally, we had two string musicians booked through Okyne play at our cocktail hour, and everything I heard them play (I was tucked away in the bridal suite for much of cocktail hour) was lovely. I heard many compliments from guests about them, as well, and it was super convenient to book everything through one company. I highly recommend booking Okyne for your wedding music!!
    Tess C. Married on 06/25/2022

Excellent!

Okyne is a must for your wedding. My fiance and I were lucky to become familiar with the Okyne team through my brothers' weddings several years ago. Each of them had big weddings with super fun dance floors, and they started the trend that as each family member gets engaged (including our many cousins), Okyne is our first phone call. So we had experience across 5 or so weddings working with Okyne and knew we were in good hands.

We worked directly with Al and Bekah and they were incredible throughout the entire process. I was pretty specific about what I wanted the vibe to be throughout each part of the wedding reception (cocktail, dinner, and dancing), and Al absolutely delivered seamlessly. Not only was the dance floor packed all night, he stuck to the helpful portal / playlists we had worked on together while mixing in some of his own recommendations. I felt I could totally trust him, which was a big relief as we have over 12 different vendors to coordinate with on top of also trying to enjoy the day ourselves. Al even attended our walk-thru and in our Zoom meeting pre-wedding had very helpful suggestions to make our entrances unique and non-cliche.

In addition to the music, Al did an amazing job with the flow of the reception. He helped us stay on our timeline and kept the night moving, which was very important for a large wedding like ours. He knows how to read the room and is truly brilliant at his craft. We also hired the saxophone for 3 hours - and wow, he is EPIC. So many people came up to me on both sides of the wedding to comment on how talented Al and the sax player are. It was truly a magical night, all thanks to Okyne!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Cathy
    Cathy K. Married on 05/14/2022

Wonderful Night of Great Music

Our DJ was terrific-professional, personable and patient with some very exuberant requests. Kept a wide range of ages up and dancing. Very experienced at reading a wedding crowd. I highly recommend Okyne DJs.
  • Jordan
    Jordan S. Married on 03/12/2022

Flexible and Fantastic

We decided to use Okyne at the recommendation of our wedding planner. Our DJ night-of (Chris) was fantastic, playing almost entirely songs off our suggested playlist but making good decisions in the moment to keep everyone dancing. We had a full dance floor throughout the event, but the volume and was also such that when we (and guests) needed a break, we could sit and chat without overpowering music. It was fantastic to dance to all our favorite 80s rock classics, and everyone has a great time.

We also has great sound and lovely music throughout the ceremony, dinner (everyone could hear the toasts), and the DJ did a great job announcing families called over for pictures. Every part of the event ran smoothly, thanks in part to our MC. We also chose to include a looping slideshow of fun photos for the guests, and the projector/screen setup from Okyne was the perfect size (big but not overwhelming for the space) and we got compliments throughout the night.

Most importantly I should highlight their fantastic flexibility and customer service. We were complicated customers, and they rolled with everything. They gave us a gender-inclusive form to fill out (we're two brides and our wedding party was all-gender), allowed us to send Spotify Playlists for "Must Plays" and "Suggested," completely understood our vague "don't play" descriptions (we're very picky about music), and accommodated our need for specific audio files (I cut our first dance song down to 2 minutes, changed the tempo of our aisle song, etc.).

Most importantly, they were incredibly flexible with our multiple reschedulings. We signed a contract in late 2019, pushed a Jan 2021 wedding back to Jan 2022, and then with Omicron had to push back to March 2022 with a week's notice. Through it all Okyne was one of the easiest vendors to deal with, and made the stressful process easier.

The DJ was fantastic, the sound, light, and projection equipment were top notch, and their customer service is a well-oiled machine. Would highly recommend to any Chicago-area couples.
    Gregory S. Married on 12/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great Experience with Okyne Medialab!

We hired Okyne Medialab to provide a jazz trio and DJ at our wedding. Both exceeded our expectations. We received very positive feedback from attendees about the jazz trio. Additionally, it seemed like the dance floor was packed the entire night. Our DJ did a fantastic job mixing our diverse song requests and reading the energy of the crowd. We will be recommending Okyne to friends and family looking for wedding entertainment!
  • Anthony
    Anthony S. Married on 12/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent service, made our wedding great!

Okyne Medilab was absolutely fabulous! The DJ they sent out was perfect for us (Patrick) and knew exactly what to play and when. Seriously, if you’re searching for a DJ service stop right here, no more searching needed, these folks are fantastic! Very quick to respond, work very closely with you to make your experience great and price was very affordable. There’s nothing negative I could even say if I tried; true professional’s and fun at the same time.
    Kristen S. Married on 11/27/2021

A Dream to Work With!

Al and the entire team at Okyne Media Lab provided us with a five-star experience leading up to and on our wedding day.

We hired Okyne because we loved the flexiblity of having one team that could provide us with not only the musicians for the wedding ceremony and dinner (we hired string duet for ceremony and jazz trio for dinner), but also DJ services for the evening.

This company is extremely organized and professional, which made them easy to trust and work with from the start. Okyne provided various planning documents for us to fill out prior to the wedding, and Al reviewed these with us one-on-one via Zoom about a week before our big day. Al even worked with us to play custom mixes of songs at our wedding that my brother created to make our day even more personalized and special.

We were lucky enough to have Al, DJ Ace, as the DJ on our wedding day. I have one word for this experience- WOW! Our guests had such a blast and danced the night away. He brought the best energy to our wedding reception (check out our video link below to see this in action)! I provide my highest recommendation to Okyne Media Lab for any media-related service you may need.

Photos: Mari Trancoso
    Our Wedding Video to see how it all came together: https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cail8xijZy8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
    Ariana Married on 10/16/2021

Top Music Vendor!

We are so lucky we had Okyne Media at our wedding on 10/16/21! They really created a memorable night for our family and friends! I wanted to choose a music vendor who would set the tone and mood for our wedding from cocktail hour to the reception all night. We had an awesome instrumental jazz trio at cocktail hour and during dinner then had a saxophone player with DJ Alan for dancing. DJ Alan was a blast! He kept the dance floor going all night and played all our favorite songs. Our friends and family had so much fun and we couldn’t recommend Okyne Media enough! We are so grateful to have worked with Okyne Media and appreciate their time in helping us create a special night - especially after postponing. Al and Stacy were so kind, patient, flexible, and helpful while navigating rescheduling and making sure our vision came to life. We highly recommend Okyne Media and feel so lucky they were a part of our wedding day!
  • Allison
    Allison S. Married on 10/08/2021

Absolutely fantastic

We selected Okyne because they did my brothers wedding a few years ago and we had to peel people off of the dance floor. Their system was fantastic, and they answered any and all concerns we had. They were professional and helpful. Our DJ was perfect and followed the timeline perfectly. Music was such a big part of our big day and we were so happy we went with Okyne Media Lab! Everyone had so much fun. Thank you so much for such an amazing day/ night.
    Reena P. Married on 09/18/2021

Great DJ/Music Services

The team at Okyne Medialab is great to work with. They have playlists that can help the couple choose their music without needed to select every song. They are also great to work with to incorporate those songs that are important to the couple. Al made sure that we had everything in order prior to the wedding and DJ was nice to work with as well. We loved out experience. Thanks!!!
  • Monika
    Monika W. Married on 09/11/2021

Great Wedding DJ!

I hired Okyne Medialab as my wedding DJ after attending a wedding they DJ-ed a few years ago. I had a great time at that wedding and it was one of the most fun wedding dance floors I'd ever been on, so hiring Okyne was a no brainer. Their online tools are great and very easy to use. The planning meeting with Al really helped put me at ease. I could tell Al knew exactly how we wanted the night to run, and the type of music I was looking for. I received a call from my actual DJ Thursday before the wedding. This was also a great conversation and I felt comfortable going into the wedding day that I would not have to worry about the entertainment. DJ Kevin did an AMAZING job at my wedding. From the first few songs, you could tell it was going to be a great time. The music just kept getting better as the night went on. Kevin was able to blend oldies, modern music, and polish music for my family. The dance floor stayed packed all night! Okyne was everything I wanted them to be and more. I could not be happier with our decision to hire them.
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 09/05/2021

Music to Keep the Party Going

We hired Okyne for our wedding in September, 2021, and we loved working with them! From our initial consults to our final meeting, Okyne was easy to work with and extremely responsive. The best part was they played AMAZING music at our wedding and our guests were on the dancefloor even before we opened it. We also contracted a string duo via Okyne for our ceremony and cocktail hour, which our guests loved. If you're looking for a DJ who can get the party started (and keep it going!), Okyne is the company for you!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea P. Married on 08/14/2021

They were the best!

We hired them both as a DJ and a live cello and violin duet for the ceremony. We also hired them for our small covid wedding last year and our larger 2nd wedding this year. Okyne was super responsive and handled all of our requests with ease. We cannot thank them enough for accommodating us between last year and this year! Our guests were ranting and raving about how great the live music was as well as our DJ! My family had some unusual song requests as well and it all went perfectly! Would highly recommend to anyone who wants a lively dance floor and great music!
    Alyssa K. Married on 08/05/2021

Incredible

We had nothing short of an absolutely incredible experience with Okyne. From start to finish, they were incredibly helpful, responsive, and informative. We knew exactly what to expect in each step of the process and they gave us the tools to make everything very easy and straightforward leading up to our wedding. More than that, they offered incredible flexibility in a time of high stress - especially adding Covid into the mix with planning and replanning multiple times. I have to say I was beyond impressed with our pre-wedding final meeting. I work with businesses/owners frequently in my line of work and feel it’s incredibly rare to have the owners as involved as Stacy and Al are. The time and attention they give to each individual couple or project is above and beyond any company I’ve ever worked with. They are incredible. It’s no surprise that our wedding deejay was equally as awesome. Kris called us the night before our wedding to make sure he had every detail, and name pronunciation down to a T. He kept our guests on the dance floor the entire night. I would recommend this company 100 times over to anyone looking for an event or wedding deejay.
    Nikki L. Married on 07/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

You need Okyne at your wedding!

Hiring Okyne Medialab was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! From the initial meeting to the reception, every person we dealt with was professional, organized, and warm! Thanks to COVID we went through multiple postponements, but every member of the Okyne team was supportive and helpful through every step. The live cellist we hired through Okyne made our ceremony so beautiful and perfect, and DJ Gordon absolutely crushed it at the reception. The dance floor was packed the entire night, which was exactly what we wanted! We cannot recommend hiring Okyne enough, we are so glad that we did!
    Anna P. Married on 07/17/2021

Gordon is the best!

Working with Al and Stacy, the owners, was great. They were knowledgeable and have a lot of experience in the business. We wanted a professional DJ, someone who wouldn’t play tacky wedding songs, someone who looked the part and could keep the show running. After our meeting with Al, where we went over all our music preferences, style, and timeline, we were told DJ Gordon would be our DJ. He made our reception amazing! People were on the dance floor the whole evening! He read the crowd exceptionally well, selecting the best songs to keep the party going. We also liked the way he transitioned, or faded in and out of songs and to the next. Last minute, our best man requested from Gordon a “walk-up song” before his speech- this ended up being hilarious and added so much more to the epic speech he gave. Overall we were very happy with Okyne and how our reception felt as a result of having an awesome DJ!
    Marianne C. Married on 06/11/2021

Best Decision We Made For Our Wedding

Hiring Okyne Media was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. They were extremely knowledgeable on all genres of music and had great recommendations when I needed help. They also have a great online planning tool for selecting music and constructing a timeline for the wedding day. Al, the owner, was instrumental in selecting the perfect DJ to match our music preferences, and also in finalizing our timeline and making sure they had all the correct versions of our music choices. DJ Alejandro did a fantastic job! The music was on point and our guests danced well into the night and were raving about how good the DJ was. I highly recommend Okyne Media to anyone looking for a great DJ/MC.
  • Emily
    Emily T. Married on 05/15/2021

Amazing experience with Okyne and DJ Kris

We had DJ Kris for our wedding night and he was absolutely amazing!!! He did an awesome job with the music and completely captured the vibe we were going for. You could tell that he was genuinely enjoying himself and he was so much fun! He was also very attentive to the flow of the night and we appreciated all he did to keep the party going. Okyne was great to work with and had nice online tools that made everything very easy. Will recommend them to all our friends getting married in Chicago!
    Brianna Married on 05/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best DJ, everyone was always on the dance floor!

The process working with Okyne was amazing. We changed our wedding 3 times and they were so helpful working with us. Our guests had a blast, the dance floor was always full!!!
    Kristina C. Married on 11/14/2020

Best Dj/Music ever!!

Stop looking and book Okyne Media immediately!! DJ Alan was our DJ and he was beyond what I ever could wanted for our wedding. Our dance floor was packed the entire night. He played all of our favorites and did a perfect job playing to the crowd. We had multiple guests tell us it was the best music they’ve heard at at wedding, and I can’t imagine a better feeling than hearing all your guests chant ‘ONE MORE SONG’ after your last dance song is played. Al and Stacy were wonderful to work with pre-wedding. They easily accommodated our Covid postponement, and we’re so helpful on the days leading up to our wedding. Will always recommend Okyne and DJ Alan for anyone I know planning a wedding.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 10/23/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Dan was awesome! Listened to all of our requests! Kept everybody dancing all night long! Had a great wedding thanks to Okyne!
    Stephanie M. Married on 09/26/2020

Lovely music!

Al and Stacy made the entire planning process easy and seamless. They provided me with an intuitive online portal where I could search, select songs, and build a timeline for the cellist & violist (Dorothy & Bruno). The artists arrived early and provided our guests with beautiful music. Our only regret is that we didn't book them for a couple more hours. Thank you, Okyne Medialab!
  • Rachael
    Rachael Married on 09/05/2020

Great DJ Service!

DJ Gordon was fantastic on our wedding in September 2020! Okyne Medialab was amazing to work with in planning our big day. Our wedding planner introduced us to this company, and we have no regrets!
    We had several meetings to discuss our DJ goals for our wedding. The company had a website where we created a profile and were able to customize and select our top 10 songs, bottom 10 songs, special song requests, introductions, toasts, etc… We also had several meetings where Bekah and Al walked us through our profiles, asked us questions, and took many notes on everything we said. They were very professional. They even hosted a virtual meeting with us, our planner, photographer, venue, etc… all together online so that they would know exactly when music would be needed (or not needed). The company had access to ALL of our music requests, even custom instrumental versions of songs.
    DJ Gordon was very professional with his equipment set up, he was familiar with all of the notes from our profile, and abided by all the Covid19 requirements- no dancing (due to covid), but fun dinner music. That is exactly what he delivered! We sat at the head of the big table and watched EVERYONE swaying or bobbing their heads in their seats, pretty much throughout the ENTIRE dinner! At one point, ALL 30 GUESTS stopped talking to each other so they could group sing along to music and dance in their seats- it was so entertaining! DJ Gordon kept the energy level perfect the entire evening!
    DJ Gordon called us the night before the wedding to make sure we we’re ready for the big day. He nailed the ceremony music, the special dances, the dinner, and the toasts. He, and Okyne Medialab, gave us a wedding day we will always remember. We would definitely recommend to anyone!
    Maggie F. Married on 06/13/2020

The BEST DJ company for your special day

Hiring a DJ for our wedding was one of our top priorities since we all know, the music makes your wedding. Given recommendations from our wedding venue, Galleria Marchetti, we went with Okyne Medialab, Inc. Being a Covid bride, Okyne Medialab INC. gave us no problem with switching our dates 4 times! Finally getting to our July 3rd wedding the following year, Okyne Medialab Inc. sent Kris to be our DJ. Kris was THE BEST DJ! He read the dance floor, kept the dance floor packed at all times and gave me no worries throughout the night. I cannot get over how great this company is. I highly recommend them to anyone that is in need of a DJ!
illustration stars