Fade To Black New York Inc. Reviews

23 | Mineola, NY

23 Reviews for Fade To Black New York Inc.

1 User photo

• Lena

Lena K. · Married on 12/27/2020

Picture Perfect

Bryan and Gil are amazing to work with and they are Spielberg when it comes to wedding shoots!! They are masters of lighting and even use smoke bombs to get the perfect shot!! They don’t miss a moment and I can think of no one better to capture the special day

Sent on 12/30/2020

Marisol · Married on 10/25/2019

Amazing Professionals

My husband and I were pretty picky about choosing a photographer. With something like a wedding, the only tangible thing that you have at the end of all your efforts and planning are your memories, and it is up to the photographer and videographer to capture these for you.

Gil and his team went above and beyond and met all of my expectations. They have real integrity, unmatched work ethic, and are worth every penny. As someone who is not always comfortable in the spotlight, they made me feel comfortable. More importantly, though, they made our guests feel comfortable. As a result, we have memories that will last a lifetime. The finished product is stunning and a true testament to their talent.

I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/16/2019

Brittany · Married on 05/12/2018

They were amazing. Didn’t feel pressured at all in fact didn’t even realize they were there half the time. Couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 05/21/2018
  • F

Faryn · Married on 10/11/2015

Amazing! As soon as we started talking about our wedding the the staff, me and my fiance felt at ease. We are sure fade to black will take amazing care of our pictures and videos for our upcoming wedding. I would highly recommend fade to black!!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 03/14/2014

We LOVED our videographer Gil and his assistant Phil. Gil loves what he does and he’s good at his craft. It was so much fun being around him and his assistant all day. He has a great sense of humor which was really important to us lol When we first met Gil, he was able to give us what we wanted and work with our budget. We selected the bridal/ groom prep/ church and reception package in the cinematic style. Gil was always very prompt with his responses through email and we never had any trouble making appointments with him or contacting him. My husband and I also CANNOT WAIT to see the video and trailer he has created for our day. I highly recommend him to anyone getting married.

Sent on 03/25/2014

Larry · Married on 04/06/2012

From start to finish hiring Gil at Fade to Black to handle our videography was the best vendor decision we made - Gil is an honest, easy to talk to, ultra professional gentleman in every sense of the word...he will give you a high quality product that will leave you speechless - and best of all, on your big day you won't even know he's there 99% of the time! All this at unbelievably competitive prices! I'll say here the same thing I told Gil when I picked up our DVD's, my one regret is not hiring him to do the photography too! Definitely a vendor to check out, chances are you'll know like I did that you found the man for the job on your first visit!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Rosalinda · Married on 09/24/2011

From the moment we starting dealing with Gil we knew we wouldn't regret it! From the moment we met him we felt so comfortable and sure we made the right choice and sure enought we did. Gil is awesome besides being professional and being so helpful he also became our friend. Dealing with him and the company and crew was such a great experience! We get tons o compliments on our photos and I can't stop looking at them. From that moment we met him Till now we have built a great relationship wih him. I can email or call him with any silly question or concern and he will quickly be there to respond. We are so happy we hired him and his crew. They were great as well as friendly and made sure we were always smiling. I would recommend Gil and his crew to everyone who ask! I cannot wait to work with him in the future as well!! Nothing has changed I still speak to him and he's been very helpful with our thank you's and album and we've seen clips of our video and what we saw was amazing!! Not to mention how helpful he was with picking songs for our montage and recap! Thank you Gil for being great and being the least vendor to stress us out you made it so nice and easy for us! Keep up the good work!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Liza · Married on 07/02/2011

Gil was amazing We came to him in a panic 6 months before the wedding after issues with our original photography company. We book Gil because his pictures are amazing and he was very responsive to all e-mail and calls, worked with us and kept us in budget, and assured us that everything would be fine and that our day would go perfect.. and he even helped me decided on were to take pictures to day of the wedding because the original we decided against ... The day of both photographers were on time and very professional and even help my friend who was video taping the important events for us. They managed to keep us on schedule and i never had to look at a watch or ask what time it was. They made everything run so smooth and perfectly.... And the pictures they are AMAZING... Thank you FADE TO BLACK NEW YORK.. <3

Sent on 09/01/2011

Deborah · Married on 07/02/2011

Excellent quality. Wonderful to work with!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Chevan · Married on 06/26/2011

Finding Fade to Black and hiring them for my wedding was the Best choice I made in my whole entire wedding process, as far as choosing a vendor for Photo, video and DJ. They made the whole process amazing. They knew and understood exactly what we wanted and made every part of it happen. They were honest, trustworthy and dependable and the DJ gave a great party at my reception...I will definitely recommend them to future brides and family members. Even though at the time of planning it was business, but at the end of it all i can call Gil, Jodi and Alby my friends. Fade To Black NY all the WAY!!!!!

Sent on 12/03/2011
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 03/20/2011

We were extremely lucky to have been referred to 'Fade to Black, NY' by our Wedding Planner. Gil Pizarro is amazing to deal with, and has a real eye for cinematic excellence. He has experience in local TV Journalism and it really shows off in his work. He is easy-going and will explain everything to you throughout the entire process. His finished product is amazing. My wife and I watch our wedding DVD every year on our anniversary and enjoy reliving the great memories! Thanks to everyone at Fade to Black, NY!!

Sent on 11/30/2011

E · Married on 03/05/2011

Gil is excellent! Very down to earth and friendly. I had 2 camera guys taping the ceremony and one taping the reception. Gil and his assistant were very approachable and friendly to my guests.

I received my edited video very quickly, maybe about 6 weeks or so after my wedding. It is great! He got the whole ceremony and about 1.5 hours or so of the reception. He took shots of the major things (cocktail hour food, first dance, cake cutting, etc). I feel like nothing was left out at all. Thank you guys!

Sent on 11/19/2011

Charonda · Married on 01/14/2011

Gil was great to work with. We booked him at our 1st meeting because he really made us feel like he would come through for us on our day and did he ever. He was on time and very professional. He attitude and personality made me feel so at ease. He was cracking jokes and that is exactly what i needed. They were not in the way at the wedding at all. I cant wait to see my video

Sent on 01/23/2011

Jenn · Married on 11/20/2010

I used Fade to Black for my wedding last year. We dealt directly with Gil. He was AMAZING!
    He was so accommodating of our schedules, he was personable and professional during all of our meetings. On the day of our wedding his staff was on time, dressed appropriately and polite. It was really important to us that our videographer blend in and not stick out at our wedding, like so many do, and Fade to Black did not disappoint! I barely knew he was there. Our final, edited video was given to us very promptly as well, we were even provided with a mini preview before it was ready! The final result was beautiful, it's a memory we will always have and always be grateful to Fade to Black for. I cant wait to use them again in the future for other family events!

Sent on 11/29/2011

Kim · Married on 10/30/2010

Gil was great. He upgraded our day to be a two camera for the ceremony, and then came in for the reception. He was timely, responsive, and I can't wait to see the final cut.

I really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 11/27/2010

Randi · Married on 09/11/2010

Gil was amazing to work with!! he was very personable and easy to get along with...he was very professional and blended in...our wedding video came out great we loved it and have gotten soooooo many complements on his work! i have and will continue recommending him to everyone.

~Randi & Kevin

Sent on 12/29/2010
  • breenie

Sabrina · Married on 07/03/2010

Gil was great to work with. From start to finish he was professional, helpful and in tune with what we wanted. We recently picked up our video and it came out just wonderfully.

Sent on 11/21/2010

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2009

Fade to Black was more than just a videographer to us. We had a DJ who seemed great until the wedding day where he pretty much single handedly ruined the day... played the wrong wedding song... had a really obnoxious MC that wouldnt shut up that we specifically said we DIDNT want... the guys at Fade to Black were really instrumental in making our video amazing so we didnt have to remember the bad, but only the good. They were able to cut out all the bs from the MC's non stop chatter, and leave us with a classy wedding video to show to our children some day. I cant tell you how much thats appreciated... I would reccomend them to any and ALL brides. They are non intrusive, classy, and over all just a good company filled with good people. :0)

Sent on 06/21/2011

Bridget · Married on 08/23/2009

Unlike most brides, I only had 3 months to plan my wedding. My fiancee became very ill and I almost didn't have a wedding at all. By the grace of god, he took a turn for the better. Unfortunately, I had to do most of the planning on my own. I met Gil and explained my story. He was very patient and understanding. I did not want to make decisions without my fiancee's input and sometimes that wasn't easily obtained. My wedding was beautiful. It was one of the happiest days of my life. I really felt like a queen. Gil worked professionally and quickly to provide me with the images of a day that almost did not happen. I watch my video everytime I think about how different my life would be and our 20 month old son loves watching mommy and daddy on tv. Thanks again Gil, for caputring the magic.

Sent on 12/11/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/08/2008

Thanks to Gil, I have a video of memories that will last forever. He did an amazing job capturing such wonderful moments of our special day. Not only was he extremely professional but he also has a great sense of humor. You can't go wrong with Gil and his crew, Fade To Black.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Carlos · Married on 06/09/2007

No complaints. They did a great job. They videotaped everything without being intrusive. I would refer anyone to them.

Sent on 08/16/2007
  • Nicole D

Nicole · Married on 08/27/2011

3.5

Fade to Black is a company I would be comfortable recommending to any of my friends and family memebers. Great work, great team, great memories. Thank you F2B.

Sent on 10/14/2011

Margarita · Married on 08/16/2009

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

I hired Gil from Fade to Black to video my Aug 2009 wedding. He was very professional and busy shooting all the important things on the day of our wedding.
    However, after our wedding Gil turned into a completely different person. I was lucky to get a one sentence email in response to numerous phone messages. There was excuse after excuse as to why the video wasn't ready or why he couldn't meet with us. Our contract said we would receive the video 4-6 week after the wedding. When we received the video 7 weeks after our wedding, it was incomplete! The highlights/recap section was missing and the last dance set was not included at all. It is now 4 months after our wedding and we still have not received the complete video that we have paid for in full. He will not return any of my phone calls or emails. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau but he has not responded to them either.

Sent on 12/02/2009

Fade To Black New York Inc.'s reply:

This is untrue. The Bride received more than what she paid for. She has ripped every vendor from her wedding.