Expressions of the Heart Reviews

42 | New Hope, PA

42 Reviews for Expressions of the Heart

Courtney · Married on 07/01/2017

I cant say enough great things about Loretta. Her attention to detail and expertise with officiating made our ceremony one our guests will remember for a long time. If you are looking for someone who will leave nothing to chance, do yourself a favor and hire Loretta.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Donna · Married on 09/24/2016

I was referred to Loretta by the Black Bass Hotel in Lumberville, PA. I was told that Loretta is local and does a great job of making the ceremony personalized. We met with Loretta and I immediately liked her. She took the time to get to know us and gave my fiance and I a questionnaire to complete individually so she could make a love story out of it. We had a lot of fun filling it out together while keeping our answers somewhat a secret from each other (our choice). The questionnaire made me feel closer to my husband-to-be because I had to really think about the good things and the challenging things in our relationship and why I chose him. It re-enforced to me that I couldn't be more happier with who I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. She was very helpful when it came time to chose our readings and she sent us some examples. We decided on creating our own vows, alternating lines, and saying family vows with our kids, who were a big part of our ceremony. She was very accommodating and offered suggestions. Our wedding was on September 24, 2016. She spoke loud and clear so that everyone could hear. The love story of "us" included some humor that made everyone laugh. Afterwards, our guests told us that this was the best wedding ceremony they've been to because of how personalized it was. Overall, Loretta more than met our expectations. She was fantastic. Our wedding was the best day of our life. Thanks, Loretta!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Kate · Married on 07/22/2016

Loretta DeGenova is simply the best wedding officiant in Bucks County!!!! Loretta and I have worked many many many weddings together, and each time I am truly amazed at how beautiful and unique her ceremonies are. I was honored that Loretta performed my own wedding ceremony in July at the Lake House Inn. I can't even begin to express how perfect my wedding ceremony was thanks to Loretta. She is a true professional and writes/delivers the best wedding ceremonies. I can't tell you how many wedding guests compliment Loretta, and ask "where did you find her"? Loretta DeGenova is a wonderful person, and again the BEST WEDDING OFFICIANT!!!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Mike · Married on 05/29/2016

Loretta is great to work with. Very friendly and passionate about her role as an officiant. Makes the effort to learn a lot about the couple and their relationship so she can write a very detailed Love Story to present during the ceremony. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/13/2016

Angel and John · Married on 05/21/2016

Loretta is one of a kind! When we first met Loretta, we instantly knew that she was the one we wanted to be our officiant. She was tender with us as we nervously and emotionally talked about our love and how we wanted to spend our lives together. She knew this was the most important day of our lives. Loretta worked with us to craft the perfect ceremony for us. What was really special is that she got to know us. We had fun filling out our questionnaires and sharing funny little stories about each other. But, also why we love each other and who we are as a couple and as individuals. It was exciting because we didn't hear the personal story Loretta wrote until the ceremony. From beginning to end, the ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I felt instantly calm once I was hand in hand with my now husband. Everyone came up to us and told us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been to. There was such a balance of laughter, tears and just an outpouring of love in the room. My husband and I feel truly blessed to have had Loretta as our officiant. I cannot imagine having anyone else there with us in our most special moment. Thank you Loretta.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/16/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Loretta! She made planning our ceremony easy and stress-free. We chose everything that was going to be read at the ceremony, besides the love story. She made it fun for us to pick and choose what, how, and when everything would be read. The questionnaire we both filled out separately, was fun and almost like writing vows, but having Loretta put them into a story for us. She did such a wonderful job putting it all together. The ceremony flowed very well even with a small distraction from our crazy dog. We highly recommend her to any couple that is looking for an officiant that is professional, flexible and fun to work with. Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Loretta was simply wonderful! She is professional and well spoken and kind. She arrived at our black tie wedding looking beautiful. Her voice carried over the small crowd even though we were outdoors, and she didn't rush the ceremony. Everyone kept saying how wonderful she was following the big event. Both of my parents were especially taken with her (and they are not easily pleased)!! I would highly recommend her. She responded to all of my inquiries along the way, and she kept me calm throughout the process. I couldn't have been more happy.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Matt · Married on 08/14/2015

Loretta DeGenova of Expressions of the Heart is a wonderful officiant. My wife, Jodie, and I could not be more satisfied with the way she handled our ceremony and also with the dedication and responsiveness she demonstrated leading up to our event. She is a very kind and caring individual who invested herself deeply in our event by gathering data concerning our thoughts about one another, the roots of our loving relationship, and about our goals and dreams and by meeting with us in person beforehand to go over everything. She was enormously helpful in guiding us to craft our own custom opening, closing and vows, and she filled the central portion of the ceremony with her own words that drew heavily, and perfectly, upon the key points that Jodie and I feel about and for one another.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Steven · Married on 08/08/2015

"Absolutely fabulous!" "Most touching and meaningful ceremony I've ever witnessed!" "Brought the love to life!" "Magnificently beautiful!" "She created a modern day fairytale love story for the two of you!" - These were just a few things the guests at our wedding had to say about our officiant Loretta DeGenova! We had heard from our friend that she was amazing, but I don't think anyone could have planned to be so moved by the poetic, well told love story Loretta created and the creative way brought our love to life for all of our guests to see and feel. I think everyone left the ceremony believing in love more than when they walked in. If you are going getting married or renewing your vows, you should choose Loretta DeGenova of Expressions of the Heart. By choosing her you are guaranteeing a ceremony that you and your guests will remember for a lifetime! We can not thank her enough for making our special day that much more special! Thank you Loretta!
    Love,
    Your Fellas
    Steven and Teddy
    Married August 8, 2015

Sent on 08/29/2015

Brandy · Married on 06/27/2015

Loretta was awesome and pleasant to work with. At first, when we met with her we had no idea where we were going to have our ceremony, she gave us some great ideas and suggestions and was very easy to work with. Any time we had a question or needed to meet with her she would go out of her way to make it happen. She discussed the ceremony with us and walked us through the way it would take place. She came up with this wonderful love story of the two of us from the information she gathered from talking with us. We could not have asked for a more loving and intimate ceremony. I would recommend her to anyone that is getting married and is looking for someone to personalize their ceremony. She made our ceremony one that we will never forget. Everyone at the wedding commented on how beautiful of a ceremony that she put together. Loretta we couldn’t have been happier, we loved everything that you put together. We can’t thank you enough for making our wedding day one to remember. You are a very loving and caring individual that really puts their heart in what you do. Thank you.
    Love always,
    Denise & Brandy

Sent on 07/02/2015

Erin · Married on 06/20/2015

If you're reading this review, I don't have to tell you that searching for wedding vendors can be a tedious, time consuming and sometimes frustrating task. Weddings are very personal; each couple's vision is different, and you want to make sure you hire the right people to help bring that vision to life when the day comes. My now husband and I spent almost two years figuring out what kind of wedding would best fit both us as a couple, and our budget. It was not easy. We disagreed at times, and changed our minds often.

Choosing Loretta as our wedding officiant was hands down the easiest decision we made in planning our entire wedding. We wanted to make the ceremony unique, but weren't sure where to start. We read the gushing reviews on Wedding Wire, and it sounded like Loretta might be a good match for us. After meeting with Loretta for just a few short minutes, we knew she'd be perfect. Loretta is such a warm, caring, and genuine person, and you can tell she loves what she does. She made an instant connection with my husband and I, and throughout the whole process, we never doubted our decision to use her. On the contrary, we were excited to have someone like Loretta marry us.

Loretta has a wealth of ideas to share in terms of ceremony openings, readings, and vows, but she's also totally on board with using new material. She was responsive, kept us on track, and even suggested local restaurants and vendors (we now have a new favorite restaurant in New Hope thanks to Loretta!). The ceremony Loretta put together for us was sweet, funny, personal and endearing. It was something we will remember and cherish always. I would not hesitate to recommend Loretta, and if we had to do it all over again, we'd choose her in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Rebecca · Married on 05/30/2015

When my husband and I first got engaged, we really didn't know how to find an officiant. We asked our venue for a recommendation and they gave us Loretta's name. From the first time we talked, I knew Loretta was going to make our wedding ceremony something very special. We wanted to do a hybrid of traditional and more modern and she gave us a lot of great ideas to accomplish that goal. I loved the process of filling out questionnaires about each other separately and then having her surprise us during the ceremony with notes from each of us wrote. It made the ceremony so special and personal for us. Many people came up to us after the wedding and said it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they ever witnessed. That memory is something I will cherish forever, and so much of that is thanks to Loretta. She was also great with all of the logistical details and email/phone correspondence. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a beautiful, personal ceremony that you will remember for the rest of your life.

Sent on 07/16/2015

Jerry · Married on 04/03/2015

Loretta is a "Must Have" for your wedding and for a friend. Our experience was very special from the minute we met her until the ceremony. The original officiant was not able to perform our ceremony and Loretta came in, didn't miss a beat and gave us more than we could have ever wanted. She took the time to get to know us and not only found out everything but remembered it too! Everyone at the small ceremony loved her especially my 90 year old Mom and my best friend. The wedding was even more special since Loretta has married same sex couples in the past but this was her first "Gay" Wedding. Our heartfelt gratitude and love to you Loretta and we are looking forward to our new friendship forever!
    Love Jerry and Mike

Sent on 04/12/2015

James · Married on 10/19/2014

Loretta was professional and personable. We had to hurry to find an officiate at the last minute because our initial one fell through. With less than two weeks left until the wedding, Loretta met with us and we continued to correspond via email to choose vows and readings. She was helpful during the entire process, including the ceremony.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Loretta was wonderful! She writes the ceremony based on you and your fiance's relationship. It was beautifully done and well written. She allows you to give input and pick your own readings and endings to the ceremony. She is flexible and responds to your calls and emails in a timely manner. I am so happy I found her!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Tara · Married on 09/14/2014

After sitting down and speaking with Loretta, and filling out pertinent details about our lives, (prior to meeting each other and our relationship together) Loretta was able to creatively weave together the MOST beautiful and appropriate ceremony! Not only were we touched and astounded, but so were our guests! The main comment we received back was that it was the most beautiful of ceremonies ever witnessed!

We were very lucky and blessed to have her! Give her as much info as possible and let her take care of the rest!

Sent on 11/11/2014

Dana · Married on 08/29/2014

I could not be happier with my decision to have Loretta officiate my wedding in August. From start to finish, the whole process was smooth and easy and very collaborative. The moment you meet her, you can see how warm and caring she is. Loretta truly gets to know you, which is why the words she writes are beautiful, eloquent, and so deeply personal. The time and effort she puts into the ceremony is apparent, not only what is said, but the way its said. If Loretta officiates your wedding, I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2014

Loretta was recommended to me by Black Bass Inn. She officiated our wedding on Aug 10,2014. She is an absolute doll, she took the time to meet with us and to get to know us and our story. She had asked both my husband and i to fill out a questionnaire based on our relationship This allowed her to write a ceremony truly made for us. It was special and she took everything I would want said and transformed into into the perfect ceremony. My guests loved that it was so personal and so suited to us. She is a gem. I highly recommend her if you need an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Danae · Married on 05/24/2014

Loretta is a wonderful officiant. She stepped in for our original officiant and delivered the ceremony flawlessly. She is so sweet and was very easy to work with. It started to rain during our outdoor ceremony and she remained calm and professional. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/16/2014

Loretta made my ceremony everything I dreamed of. She was so helpful and patient. Everything was so personalized she really captured our love and story. After my ceremony all my guests kept raving how wonderful Loretta was and how impressed they were with everything! I cannot thank Loretta enough for helping make our ceremony perfect in every way.

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 04/01/2014

The first compliment people gave me the night of the wedding was how amazing the ceremony was. No one had been to such a personalized ceremony and people who did not know my husband or I were able to feel like they did. Loretta is fun and easy to work with. We wanted a very non religious ceremony and she granted that. The love story she wrote was spot on and sends you examples of readings which was very helpful. Days later I'm still receiving compliments of how wonderful the ceremony was! Loretta was wonderful and I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/29/2014

cheryl · Married on 02/28/2014

Loretta did an amazing job as our officiant. She made it all about us and our love for eachother. She wrote us a surprise love story-- Our guests were in awe. We received so many compliments that it was the most beautiful ceremony! Thank you Loretta!

Sent on 03/12/2014

Vlad · Married on 02/01/2014

Loretta was incredible throughout the whole process. She is very approachable and trustworthy through her warm and friendly nature (she invited us to her home for our first meeting). Loretta's ceremonies are very profound and personal because she creates a unique love story for every couple. Her writing is very beautiful and the way she told our story during the ceremony made most of our family and friends shed a tear. She also has many contacts within the Bucks County area that she can recommend to couples who are still looking for help with flowers, a venue, etc (she is the reason we were able to find our restaurant). Lastly, Loretta conducts her business very professionally and communicated very effectively with us while she prepared out love story. If you want your wedding to be memorable and person, you have to book Loretta.

Sent on 02/07/2014

Lindsey · Married on 12/27/2013

My husband and I are so thankful we chose Loretta to perform our ceremony! Loretta provided us with such a beautiful and unique ceremony; it was one-of-a-kind. Loretta is a talented and creative writer and turned our story as a couple into a beautiful love story. We received many compliments on our ceremony, all due to Loretta! We are so appreciative to her for making our "special day" just that.

Sent on 06/19/2014