142 Reviews for Escape Entertainment

Microphones (7)
Sound/PA System (6)
Uplighting (5)

Working with Paul was absolutely wonderful! He was very quick to respond (even with his extremely busy schedule) and made our services with him (DJ and officiant) stress-free and easy to understand. Even though Paul hadn't worked at our venue in many years, he was so quick to offer suggestions about where everything should go and let us know what has been successful at previous events. We were able to compile our list of music for the day of easily on his website and EVERYONE was out on the dance floor all night long. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him and completely trusted his judgement and recommendations. In the end, Paul was always putting us first and made sure that our day was spectacular.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 9/30/17, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

PAUL SAVED OUR WEDDING!
If you're still on the fence about hiring Paul, don't be silly and put your downpayment down now because you will not find a more responsive, professional, or prepared DJ out there. The power went out at our venue while my husband and I left the reception for our sunset photos. As we arrived back from taking photos we found Paul fast at work setting up his back up generator and pulling our sweetheart table from inside the reception area to the outdoors to enjoy the last light of the day. He had the wireless mics set up in a flash and very smoothly transitioned us into our toasts and then our father/daughter, mother/son dances. Did I mention his generator also supplied power to our photo booth?! Seriously, without Paul we would have had no dance party and no hilarious guest photos. After the father/daughter, mother/son dances Paul transitioned us back indoors to the reception area where he started the dance music. His dj lighting lit the way for rest of the reception. Paul is a true professional and kept our wedding going through the power outage without delay. The power didn't turn back on until our very last song, but thanks to Paul our wedding didn't end when it very well could have and we have so many cherished memories to remember the night. Thank you Paul for saving the most important day of our lives and enabling us to have the best wedding ever!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Paul was SO great!! Planning was so easy with his tool....we did not have a wedding coordinator so he really took some time to assist us plan the ceremony music and procession order. He offered great insights and day of he ran up the hill to where the bridal party was and dusted off our shoes - nice move :). He handed us cold waters post ceremony and had such a kind way about him. Paul LOVES what he does - and is he great at it! It really shows :). He cares about you and your family and your wedding day. DEEPLY. My dad was nervous about making a speech so Paul queued perfect ice-breaking intro music (a la Godfather). We got so many compliments - our dance party was going strong all night. Thank you so much, Paul. Can we do this all again?? (the party, that is...).

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting

Paul Thompson with Escape Entertainment was fantastic!! He kept everything on schedule and kept the night running smoothly. We had such a great night and didn't have to worry about whether or not something would get done. He was on top of it all!!

Profile Picture Zach and Ashley, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Paul was amazing to work with! He responds quickly, knows exactly what he is doing and gives excellent advice on how to make your day great. He was only hired as our DJ but did a lot of coordinating and help on our timeline as well which was more than we could have expected. DJ Paul knows what he is doing and we would recommend him over and over again.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We HIGHLY recommend Paul Thompson! He was an amazing DJ! Everyone had so much fun. We had a lot of wedding planning bumps and Paul was amazing, he stepped in with advise, guidance and help everywhere we needed it. The wedding went off without a hitch! We are so thankful for Paul and all his services! You will be to without a doubt. I couldn't imagine a better experience! Thank you so much Paul for doing such an outstanding job on the most special of days!

Profile Picture Sasha, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul was amazing from the very beginning. We met with him almost 2 years before our actual wedding and we were very impressed with him. Not only is her very professional, but he is kind and caring as well. He made us feel very special throughout the entire planning process and during our special day. If you want to have an amazing DJ, who will keep your wedding running smoothly and make your guests have a great time on the dance floor, then you should definitely choose Paul!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Paul went above and beyond to make our day perfect. He offered many ideas, specifically for ceremony and photo ops, that we wouldn't have thought of that made things extra special. The emcee and DJ portion was also beyond what we imagined. We had numerous comments from guests on Paul. "Best DJ ever". "That is the most fun reception we have been to". I have highly recommended Paul to numerous friends and family for weddings, parties, and company events. Thank you Paul for everything!!!

Profile Picture User7047020, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul was the best DJ we could have hoped for...many guests at our wedding made comments to us afterwards about how great he was. Our wedding was even more special with Paul as a part of it!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul was an amazing DJ/MC for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception. Paul's genre of music was very impressive. Not only was Paul's DJ services fabulous, he also acted as our wedding planner. He kept the evening going extremely smoothly from the very beginning of the afternoon to the very end of the night.

Paul responded back to us within an hour of our first phone call. He continued to communicate with us regularly during the weeks before the wedding reception. His professional and relaxed attitude were very calming to a mother of the bride. He asked all the right questions about what the bride and groom wanted. The bride and groom weren't available to meet with Paul until the night before the reception. So he only had us to talk to. I was able to get a list of our guests favorite songs and Paul played them all! He was also able to get the bride and groom's song picks the night before.

When it was time for dinner Paul kept the buffet line running very smoothly. He released one table at a time so our guest won't have to stand in a long line. One of our guest is wheelchair bound. I was so impressed when I saw Paul getting our guest his dinner so he wouldn't have to wait in line. It was so thoughtful! That night was also the bride's dad's birthday. As a surprise for him, Paul ran out, found a muffin and candle to give my husband while we sang Happy Birthday. It made the night even more special.

Overall I feel Paul made the reception exceptional. He did a wonderful job and I have been telling all our friends and family how great he was. I would absolutely hire Paul again.
Don't Stop Believing!

Profile Picture Diana, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul Thompson with Escape Entertainment was phenomenal! From the very beginning, he was friendly, organized, professional and always available for any questions or concerns. I felt confident with him from the start. Paul went above and beyond my expectations for our wedding (he served my husband and I dinner to make sure we ate!) and all of our guests raved about him. He is a true gem to the industry and is highly recommended for any special event. Thanks for making our day so memorable Paul!

Profile Picture Jodi, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul came highly recommended to us by a friend who works in the wedding business. He was both the officiant and DJ/emcee for our wedding and we couldn't have asked for a better experience with Paul.

From our first meeting with him to the end of our wedding day, Paul was excellent to work with. He was so organized and kept our day on schedule. He is so genuine, has a lot of experience in the wedding industry and offered up some great suggestions to make our day even better. His attention to every detail really made our wedding go off without a hitch.

As our officiant, Paul took time to get to know us as a couple, and helped us craft the perfect ceremony that captured exactly what we wanted. We were mic'd up for the ceremony so he could capture it on audio for us.

During dinner, Paul even came to our table, snapped a photo of us and a few minutes later came back with that photo and a card, providing us with our first photo as a married couple. It was a nice touch. During the reception, he made sure he played the music that was most important to us, but also took some requests from our guests - it was the perfect balance. His lighting was great and added a nice touch to the dance floor.

We could not have asked for a better day, and Paul played a big part in the success of our wedding day. We highly recommend Paul as a DJ and officiant!

Profile Picture Ben, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Officiant

Brian and I couldn't be happier with the services provided by Paul during our wedding planning and on our wedding day. He was wonderful to work with throughout the whole process. Before our event, we met twice to go over planning and he was very helpful and had great suggestions. We received several compliments from guests on how comfortable he made them feel with the ceremony and what a great job he did overall! We would highly recommend Paul!

Profile Picture Teresa and Brian, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Paul was amazing! He was comforting, patient, and took initiative when it was needed. You can sincerely tell that he loves his job. Not once was he more worried about getting paid then picking the perfect songs for our wedding.

Profile Picture User5593902, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Officiant

Paul was the best decision we made when planning our wedding. He provided so much more guidance and assistance throughout the planning process than we could have asked for. He made time to meet with us in person beforehand, took time out of his Friday evening to run our rehearsal, and was at the wedding early to make sure everything was in place. He also worked with a friend to set up special audio equipment for live music performances and calmed a very nervous flower girl as she walked down the aisle. Our guests had the BEST time dancing and couldn't leave the dance floor - neither could we - because every single song was exactly what we wanted to hear. His online planning tool helps immensely as well. I honestly could not have asked for a better DJ / Day of Coordinator and would hire him again and again. THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/6/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Dj Paul was amazing on our special day! There was nothing but perfection and I couldn't ask for a better Dj. He also kept all my guess dancing and having a great time!!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

All I have to say about Paul is...wow!

Our wedding would not have gone as perfect as it did without Paul! He was a DJ, an event coordinator, and someone I could ask anything about planning a wedding all in one.

Another DJ who is a close friend recommended Paul to us and said he would use him at his own wedding. We are so glad we found him. Leading up to the wedding he was always available to answer questions and relieve our worries. The day before the wedding he even showed up to the dress rehearsal and helped up make sure the whole thing ran smoothly. Paul was so flexible as we had our wedding on the beach, and our reception at a winery. He had a amplification set up for both the beach and the winery. To top it off we had the dinner outside and the dancing in a barn and he even had a system set up to accommodate this! For our first dance our best friend played our song acoustically on the guitar and Paul got in contact with him before the wedding to make sure he had everything he needed!

I highly recommend Paul. Your day will run perfectly and you will not have to worry or stress about anything!

Profile Picture Brianne, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul goes above and beyond a typical DJ and serves as a wedding coordinator as well. He made sure our wedding day went smoothly and catered to us throughout the planning process. Paul is the best!!

Profile Picture dani, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were interviewing DJ's and came upon Paul through a referral. We meeting Paul my daughter walked away feeling very secure with him! As time went on a grew closer to the wedding Paul was right on with his follow up's. But the best part of Paul as he meant us to check out the area he talked with us making us so relaxed, like he had it all under control. He is very organized and very fun! Our dance floor was full all night!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Pamela, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Paul was one of the best decisions that my husband and I made for our wedding. There is absolutely a reason why he has so many high reviews on this site-- he deserves every star!

First off, he was obviously an amazing DJ. We did not have particularly strong opinions on what kinds of songs were played, and thus left a lot of the decisions up to him. In the end, the song selection was perfect and everyone had a great time on the dance floor! Also, the announcements that he made were fun, brief, and considerate. Everything he says and does is in consideration of making his clients' day special and memorable.

As many reviews have said, the amount that Paul goes over and above is almost unbelievable. To give an example: about a week and a half before our wedding, my husband and I were COMPLETELY PANICKED because our officiant, a retired priest, seemed to have ghosted on us. After telling us to call him right back in regards to some questions about a ceremony, our officiant had not answered any calls or emails for almost 2 weeks. Nothing. I was unable to sleep and was thinking that something awful must have happened and that my wedding would be ruined (trust me, future brides.... you'll know this feeling in a few months from now!) After 10 or 11 days of this anxiety, I thought to call Paul and ask for his recommendations or referrals. Paul told us that he himself is a licensed officiant, would be happy to fill in last-minute if need be, and would bring an assistant to take care of the sound. Without us asking, he also checked in on the officiant's facebook page, and called several other people that he was connected to in the wedding industry to see if anyone knew anything about the officiant, and updated us on his findings several times. We ended up finding our officiant a few days later, but I cannot even describe the feeling of relief it gave me to have Paul behind the scenes- I truly felt completely taken care of and confident after that.

Profile Picture Heather, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Paul is absolutely amazing! He made the ceremony and the reception run so smoothly. During the planning phase, he was always available for advice. And not just advice on music choices: processional order, order of events in general, coordinating the buffet line. Paul is one of the reasons our wedding went off without any glitches.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessica, 5/29/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't say enough nice things about Paul and the amazing job he did at our reception!!!! He is fantastic!!!! I would hire him for other events and recommend him hands down!!! Not only did he provide excellent DJ services, he helped our event run so smoothly. He helped get our guests through the buffet line, had food brought to our grandmothers and us, took some amazing photos during the event, picked up all our cameras and placed them on the gift table at the end of the night...the list goes on and on and on. He did so many little things that it just made our day perfect and enjoyable. Thank you Paul!!!! You were amazing and our day wouldn't have been as great as it was without you!!!!

Profile Picture Merinda, 5/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Paul was so fun to work with! He has great ideas and suggestions. Always very prompt in getting back to us when we had questions. He genuinely cares about each event and will do everything he can to make it special!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

No complaints. Just an amazing DJ all the way across the board.

Profile Picture Ian, 4/26/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Paul was fantastic! He was very attenative and responded to all my emails, questions and concerns. Over the course of the planning process we had 4 conference calls and a number of emails back and forth. I really like his planning website where I could chose the songs I wanted for our wedding and plan out a timeline of the events. On the day of our wedding, Paul took the time to meet with me before the ceremony and explain the way that everything was set up. At the reception he made sure that the groom and I had everything we needed. He checked in with us multiple times during the night and even helped out the restaurant staff. Additionally, our wedding was supposed to end at 9p, but we were having such a good time that we asked the restaurant if we could stay for another half hour and Paul stayed to play music. It was a great night! Everyone complimented us on how nice all of our vendors were. We definitely got lucky!

Profile Picture Christy, 4/18/15, 4 Reviews