Emily Vista Photography Reviews

22 | Tarrytown, NY

22 Reviews for Emily Vista Photography

22 Emily Vista Photography Reviews

Chandler · Married on 06/15/2018

Emily was the first decision we made for our wedding-and one of the best! Emily did a wonderful job for both our engagement shoot and our wedding. She made us feel very comfortable and did such an amazing job capturing all the sweet glances and candid moments we were looking for. Emily was excellent about coordinating all of our family portraits and keeping everything organized and comfortable. She made sure to photograph all the details I was looking for and I could truly feel how excited she was for me and my photos. Emily is a lovely person and I would highly recommend her for anyone looking to have special moments last a lifetime.

Sent on 07/30/2018

Emily Vista Photography's reply:

Aww Chandler, thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I loved everything about working with you, Alex & your families!!! I'm so glad you love the images and I can't wait to work on your album with you!!

Jessica · Married on 05/12/2018

Emily is not only an amazing photographer, but an all-around wonderful person!! She is incredibly warm, sweet, friendly, enthusiastic, creative, and has an amazing eye. She can transform any setting into something that looks like a fairytale! We received our sneak peek photos and cannot get over how beautiful they are - we can't wait to see the rest!! So excited!! When we first met Emily, we felt like we were talking with an old friend. She is really special. She helped us and our family feel relaxed and comfortable during all of the photos. We are so happy and lucky that Emily was the one to capture all of our wedding day moments and memories, along with the warmth and happiness we felt throughout the whole day!! We recommend Emily to everyone!!!

Megan · Married on 03/10/2018

We had the pleasure of working with Emily on our engagement shoot! She made my very nervous fiancé feel so comfortable and helped us loosen up to get the most amazing shots! She is so talented, we loved every photo she sent to us. We can't wait to work with her again in the future!

Andrea · Married on 09/09/2017

Working with Emily was the best decision we made for our wedding day. She is an incredible photographer and amazing to work with. Emily scouted our venue beforehand and suggested the most gorgeous settings for our portraits. Emily and her team captured every moment that we had requested as well as many that we would never have thought of. She also captured so many amazing moments during the reception and on the dance floor, without interrupting the flow of the night whatsoever (I never even noticed her on the dance floor!). My husband and I are in love with the edited photographs from our wedding day. They are absolutely stunning! I am beyond grateful for Emily’s work and highly recommend her for your event!

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2017

Emily was amazing to work with! From our first meeting, we knew she was the perfect person to work with. Emily is friendly, responsive, and professional. Every picture she took came out beautifully. On the day of our wedding, Emily was perfect. She knows what she's doing and was able to capture amazing shots. Our friends and family even commented on how professional and easy to work with Emily was. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for amazing pictures and a fantastic experience.

Sophie · Married on 07/29/2017

Working with Emily on our elopement photos was amazing. We had planned to do the ceremony in Rockwood Park in the morning, but when the weather was really bad that morning, Emily was calm and flexible and totally available via text -- and so we were able to do our ceremony under beautiful, clear skies in the afternoon. We were SO appreciative of Emily's attitude throughout. She was both positive and encouraging, and very good at wrangling family members into various combinations of group shots. And when she was shooting me and my husband by ourselves, she was creative, fun, and low pressure - for a low-key wedding like ours, it suited us perfectly. I have to add that the photos turned out great! She was really enthusiastic about the beautiful nature in the park, and that definitely came through in the final pictures. She delivered a combination of posed and candid shots, definitely had lots of sweet romantic couples pics but also left in a couple of charmingly goofy photos of us laughing and having fun. It's a perfect way to remember the day, and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Thank you so much Emily!

Adam · Married on 07/24/2017

We are so glad we chose Emily as our wedding photographer! Her energy and enthusiasm were contagious and she was great with our families and guests. Emily seemed to be everywhere at once and we were truly impressed by how hard she worked to make sure every moment was captured.

We met with several photographers and Emily was an easy choice. She understood our vision from the get-go and her pictures perfectly captured all of the emotion and the breathtaking scenery of our venue. The lighting and colors are stunning and really bring the images to life. Nothing felt forced, and Emily's calm demeanor helped put us at ease during the first-look and family photos.

Our wedding pictures exceeded expectations and the personalized USB drive was a nice touch which speaks to Emily's warmth and attention to detail. We can't recommend Emily highly enough and will be reliving our wedding day through her beautiful pictures for many years.

Laura · Married on 06/30/2017

Hiring Emily as our wedding photographer was the best decision we made during the entire planning process. From the first day we met Emily we knew that she had to be our photographer. Emily’s warm personality and professionalism made us feel completely at ease during the entire process. We both were concerned that our awkwardness with the camera would make any pictures look forced or uncomfortable. We were so surprised to receive the engagement pictures and see how perfectly Emily captured our relationship at various spots around New York City. After the engagement shoot we couldn’t wait to see what Emily would be able to capture at the wedding.

The day of the wedding Emily was more than just a wedding photographer but rather it felt like she was a friend who happened to be taking pictures at our wedding. Emily was in complete control of rallying all of our family members for the various portraits we asked for which was not an easy task. In addition to the formal pictures, our favorite moments were the natural shots she captured of all the important moments. Looking at Emily’s pictures, you can easily see all the love and joy of the day.

After the wedding, multiple guests mentioned to us how amazing our photographer was. We recommend Emily whole-heartedly for any event where a photographer is needed. We have told all our friends who have gotten engaged that they need to use Emily for their wedding. For any future event where we personally need a photographer, Emily will be our only call.

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

It was such a pleasure to work with Emily for our wedding. From the second I met her at an event at our Venue I knew that she would be perfect for capturing our wedding day. Not only is her work beautiful with a simple elegance but she was just a joy to work with. She is kind, calm and unassuming. She made everything easy and seamless both before and during our wedding day. Emily worked well with all of our vendors especially a particularly difficult videographer. She was beyond professional working with the videographer that my husband and I hired the week before our wedding. Lesson learned that you do not hire someone off craigslist the week before your wedding!!! This videographer was terrible and in everyone’s way but Emily did not let that stop her from getting amazing pictures of our beautiful day. Emily’s presence kept us all calm in what could have been a very challenging situation. Emily works beautifully with people of all ages. We had 11 children in our bridal party and I have never seen them all look so great in pictures. They loved Emily and all worked so well with her. Emily was wonderful with sticking to a list of pictures that we discussed were important to getting on the wedding day. She made sure that she worked quickly but efficiently to get all the shots that we had requested during the cocktail hour. She reminded me that once we went into the reception it would be more difficult to gather people and she was so right. We are beyond grateful that she took all the pictures we asked for. I do not hesitate to recommend having Emily capture your wedding day. You will not regret it.

Emily Vista Photography 1

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

Anne · Married on 06/09/2017

This review is long overdue! My husband and I hired Emily as our photographer for our wedding last June and she was an absolute joy to work with. From our first phone conversation, Emily was knowledgeable, professional and incredibly kind and fun. Emily genuinely cares about her clients and went out of her way time and again to support us throughout our wedding planning. On our wedding day, Emily ran around all day capturing beautiful candid shots, tracking down relatives for group pictures and organizing the timing for our first look shots. She even drove me around in her car at one point when we realized I would have to walk through some muddy woods that might mess up my dress. She was so kind to all our guests and I had so many people mention how lovely she is and how good she is at her job. Her work is stunning and we are so happy with the pictures she took. I honestly can’t imagine having a better experience with a photographer and I hope to work with her again someday!

Lauren · Married on 12/23/2016

I am so thrilled with Emily. I wasn't able to meet her in person until the day of but as soon as I did she was very personable. She was in the perfect spot when we came out of the ceremony and took the most fabulous pictures! She was so accommodating and kept making sure that she got all the pictures I wanted. It was the most perfect day!

Solange · Married on 11/05/2016

Emily was the most wonderful and easiest photographer to work with for our engagement shoot this April on the Highline in NYC. We met her a few streets away from the Highline and she immediately recognised a photo opp on a street we were walking along so we stopped for a while to take some pictures. Those are some of my favourite shots from the shoot. She had great timing with lighting and chose some really pretty locations to shoot. Emily made us feel comfortable and gave great directions about how to pose. We really enjoyed working with her and had so much fun doing this shoot despite the freezing cold "Spring" weather! Also she was very fast and professional about editing the photos- she sent us the edited digital copies a few days after the shoot. We were really impressed by the high quality of work she produced.

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

We are completely OBSESSED with our wedding photos! Working with Emily was an absolute DREAM. We hit it off with her right away, she is so sweet. She made us feel completely comfortable and captured every moment of our rehearsal dinner and wedding day above and beyond our expectations. I did a lot of research for our wedding photographer - after all, the bride and groom really do miss most of the wedding since it's such a whirlwind, and photos are such an important way to capture every detail that you can look at again and again. I knew from seeing her portfolio that her style was exactly what we were looking for, but our photos turned out even better than we could have ever imagined. They are absolutely perfect, we honestly haven't stopped looking through them. The way that she captures light, and emotions, and special moments is unbelievable. Every photo is more stunning than the next. Since the wedding, our family and friends have also told us how much they loved her! I will be recommending her to everyone I know. Thank you so so much Emily for helping us to perfectly remember the most perfect day for the rest of our lives.

• I

Isha · Married on 06/18/2016

We had the pleasure of meeting Emily on a very special day... the day we got engaged! Emily was ready to capture each special moment on the day that my fiancé proposed to me in Shakespeare Garden (Central Park). She was very comfortable getting around the crowds of people in the park to make sure we had plenty of photos that captured the spark and excitement of the moment, as well as the beauty that surrounded us. She has a true talent and passion - she created the most incredible photos simply by having a vision for the shot. I was impressed with her ability to use the light to her advantage, and really capture the moments beautifully. We enjoyed working with her so much that we scheduled a second shoot with her for our Save the Dates. We absolutely will be recommending her to anyone interested in not only hiring someone to photograph a special moment but to enjoy the experience with someone who is very excited to be doing what she does.

Christine · Married on 06/04/2016

From our initial meeting with Emily, we loved her warmth and down to earth personality. There was no doubt she was the one we wanted for our engagement and wedding photos. And she did not disappoint! She was accommodating through the whole process. We wanted wintry engagement pics and we did not have a very snowy winter so we had to keep tracking and changing things and she never flinched. I was a little worried since I’d never done a shoot like this before and thought it would be awkward and staged but she made it so easy and relaxed and even fun. Our pics came out beautiful! And on our wedding day, I feel like she was everywhere and doing things here and there but she was never intrusive or “in the way” which is what you want with a photographer. My favorite photo was one that I didn’t even know she took. :) And I even had several guests comment how great she was. She truly helped make my wedding day perfect.

Jaimie · Married on 05/28/2016

If I could give her more than 5 stars I would. Emily is AMAZING! From the moment we met her, we knew our photos would be perfect. She was kind, friendly, informative, and truly excited to work with you. When she came to visit the farm we were getting married at, she found all of the best places and made me really excited for our photos. She was extremely professional and dedicated during the wedding day. It was 95 degrees, sun beating down, she was in all black with her cameras and her bags, but never missed a shot. My photos are GORGEOUS. I don't know how she did it, but even my husband looks happy even though he hates taking photos! Looking at her sneak peek, there are a bunch of photos I didn't even know she got. All of my friends said she was there for the great moments, but never intruding. From the portraits to the candids, there is not one I don't like. It will be hard picking my favorites. I highly recommend Emily to anyone. You will not regret it!!!!

• F

Faride · Married on 05/21/2016

Stunning. Beautiful. Captivating. Three of the words that come to mind when describing Emily's work. From beginning to end, Emily worked with us to capture the best images of our special day. We met with her upon booking and asked every question imaginable. Emily met with our reception vendor ahead of time and took in the space, really getting to know it before we got there on our wedding day. We couldn't ask for someone easier to work with and that really took our vision and requests seriously. She documented every aspect of our wedding. She handled every hurdle thrown at her. We can't wait to work with her again in the future. She comes highly recommended.

• Y

Yvonne · Married on 03/05/2016

Emily was an absolute dream come true as our wedding photographer! She was so easy to work with and was a true professional the entire time. Having Emily at the ceremony and reception was like having a close friend there we could talk to and rely on for any of our needs. She planned every detail with us to make sure every shot we wanted would be captured, and she did exactly that and much more. The photos she took and some of the shots she was able to capture are unbelievable. She certainly went above and beyond any of our expectations. We could not have wished for a better photographer for our big day, she truly is amazing at what she does. I can guarantee that we will be using her again in the future and highly recommend Emily for anyone who wants stunning pictures for any occasion.

Mary · Married on 09/19/2015

Emily photographed our wedding last month and we were thrilled with the results. First of all she was a pleasure to spend the day with. She was smiling the whole day and was always calm and collected through all the chaos. Multiple people in our wedding party mentioned that she made them feel really comfortable in front of the camera - which was a big reason why my husband and I hired her in the first place. The pictures she captured are just amazing. We could not be happier with the results. She captured amazing candid shots of us and our guests and we both felt that the pictures captured the feeling and story of our day. She also had great ideas for our posed shots, a few of which we have already ordered prints for our wall. We have already recommended her to our friends who are getting married and we happily recommend her to anyone looking for a wonderful photographer and a great person to spend the day with! Don't hesitate to book her!!!

Keri · Married on 08/15/2015

Emily is beyond anything and everything you could ever want in a wedding photographer! She photographed our wedding this past August and the pictures are perfect! Not only is she an amazing photographer, Emily is an awesome listener with a kind and sweet soul. She was so easy to work with. Creative, smart, and funny, she had a solution for every dilemma and a light-hearted way with the drama (and you know there is always wedding drama!). She managed to capture all of the moments we asked for (this was not a short list!) and moments we didn't even think of. One of the best days of my life will forever feel alive to me because of her photography and I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you Emily for everything!

Emily is an incredible photographer and all around amazing person. From the second the shoot began, Emily made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease. Emily found the perfect balance of giving us guidance in regards to how to position ourselves as well as brilliant ideas for shots, and at the same time completely allowed us to feel that the shoot was natural and thus she captured real moments between my husband and I. The day of the shoot Emily was exceedingly patient, kind, and responsive, and gave us exactly the type of day we were looking for. Aside from her incredible demeanor, her work is simply amazing. My husband and I are so in love with the photographs she produced from the shoot- they are stunning, and exceeded all of our expectations. Emily has a real gift for editing and capturing natural moments. I couldn't recommend her any more highly for all of your special events.