Emily Spieler Photography Reviews

23 | Chicago, IL

23 Reviews for Emily Spieler Photography

• User4353851 · event on: 08/02/2014

This photographer was absolutely AMAZING. She was willing to work with our crazy schedules and meet up with us so we could schedule everything out. Throughout the whole process, she was very professional. She was also fun and easygoing, so we felt very relaxed in front of the camera. And the photos looked so natural! We liked what we saw, and the edited final photos turned out flawless. This woman is worth every penny and more.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Cynthia · Married on 11/04/2016

Emily is really talented. She did a fantastic job. All of our pictures look amazing. We love all of them and our friends love all of them too. She captured all the different emotions and all the wonderful moments on our day. We had contacted her because we liked her portfolio. She definitely produced and did not disappoint. Emily is also on top of things. She gave us a questionnaire to check with us of all the must-have pictures and of our preferences. Thank goodness for that. She directed and reminded us on that day. She's friendly, fun, professional, and flexible. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Laura · Married on 08/13/2016

We contacted Emily on the recommendation of a friend's friend, and I am so glad we did. We were planning the wedding from out-of-state and unable to meet with any photographers in person. Emily was very accommodating about this and talked with me several times by phone to make sure all my questions were answered and she knew exactly what we wanted from our wedding photography. At the wedding, Emily and her assistant were incredibly professional. They were able to "get in there" and get lots of wonderful candid shots without ever being intrusive. They were also just a joy to work with - Emily is organized, calm, and has a great sense of humor, which is exactly the kind of person we wanted to have with us on our wedding day. We just got the pictures back and are very happy with the final products. Emily and her assistant did a great job capturing the feeling of our wedding day.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Claire · Married on 06/25/2016

Emily was fantastic in every way - responsive to email, personable, an incredible value for the cost, and unbelievable talented. I don't particularly like having my picture taken, and she made the entire process on our wedding day fun and easy! Emily was very flexible and relaxed, but able to provide direction at the same time. She and her assistant captured the exact feel we wanted in our photographs, which were absolutely stunning. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Andrea · Married on 05/14/2016

Emily did a great job on our wedding photography, she listed to the style of photos we wanted and they turned out beautifully! She was also very reasonably priced, especially considering an assistant photographer was included.

Sent on 06/26/2016

Emily was great to work with on our wedding day! She is fun, creative, and easy-going, and her photographs turned out amazing. I would recommend Emily for any type of event.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Emily was so wonderful that she felt like a part of our wedding party. She has a great eye for photography, taking advantage of all the color and light in our wedding. She is extremely hard working and worked the entire day on capturing perfect shots. Her personality is fantastic for a wedding. It was a pleasure to have her photograph our event--we both couldn't stop talking about how perfect she was for the job.

Sent on 07/26/2015

Brennan · Married on 06/21/2014

Emily was a tremendous asset to our wedding. With her eye and unique style she was able to bring to life the moments frozen in a picture that will last as memories. I would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Amina · Married on 05/25/2014

Emily is absolutely amazing, affordable, creative, and flexible!! We hired her for a South Asian-Western wedding combo that took place over 3 days. She managed to come up with creative shots, take out time for portraits, captured key action moments, and gave 110% the whole time! Her editing is fantastic and she is unbelievably affordable! She met with us a few times before the wedding and was all for my crazy requests, as well as professional with all of my overly-excited emails. She was flexible with time, location, and photography shots, coming up with amazing photos all over the city! We would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Kyle · Married on 10/19/2013

Emily did a fantastic job with our wedding photos. She is very knowledgable and has a lot of wisdom on how to get the "right shot". I highly recommend Emily!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/20/2013

Emily photographed our wedding back in April of 2013 and she was very professional...an absolute pleasure to work with. Our photos came out beautiful and she got them to us quick, our family was very impressed. I'll definitely be recommending her to my friends and family the next time a need arises.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Mary · Married on 11/10/2012

Emily Spieler was the photographer at my son's wedding in St. Louis, Mo. She produced exceptional photography that was consistent, creative, affordable, flattering, and done with ease. Emily listened to our desires and took photos that will be treasured throughout the years! We highly recommend Emily Spieler Photography!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Eric · Married on 11/10/2012

Emily was professional, fun, understanding, and easy to work with through the entire process. She has a great eye for what makes for memorable and unique photos. I would recommend her to anyone having an event!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Kate · Married on 11/10/2012

I highly recommend Emily as a photographer! She was professional, easy to work with, and creative in her approach. She gave us multiple prints that truly captured the spirit of our wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Dan · event on: 10/04/2013

Emily actually provided me with engagement photography (the option wasn't available on the review). She did an excellent job! The photos were great, and she was very subtle to keep it a surprise. The best part was how understanding she was. My girlfriend (now fiance) and I were coming from dinner, which ran a little long. I felt bad making her wait, but she was so understanding and did a great, thorough job despite it being a little later than I thought. It was hard to find a photographer willing to take these photos for us, but luckily I found Emily. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Thavary · event on: 10/05/2013

I produced a flash mob marriage proposal last year and Emily provided the photography for the event. Upon meeting her, I was struck by her easy going nature and professionalism. She listened attentively to the needs of our client, while offering helpful suggestions on how best to approach capturing still photos for this live event. Emily asked helpful questions and was willing to go with the flow of the day, knowing that many elements were out of our control (i.e. rainy weather and timing). She has an eye for detail and the photos she captured took my breath away. She proved that she could handle the pressures of this live event which resulted in beautiful and timeless photos.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Cecilia · event on: 07/02/2015

Emily took pictures of me and my fiance Brandon for our engagement before he went to LA and it made the long distance so much easier when I could look at her photos and see how happy we were. She was professional who caught the moments perfectly but relaxed inthe moment and I couldn't have asked for better.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Samantha · Married on 06/04/2016

Emily has great positive energy and was a pleasure to work with on our wedding day and for our engagement shoot. She worked hard all day with a great balance of professionalism and fun. She listened to our photo priorities but also offered her knowledge and expertise. Her services also included an assistant photographer, which was great. Emily got our pictures to us in a timely fashion, which comprehensively covered our whole day and gave us a great mix of traditional, posed photos and candid, in-the-moment photos.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Missy · Married on 06/21/2014

Emily was an amazing photographer for our outdoor wedding. We gave her very little direction other than requesting many candid photos and a few formal, posed shots. She took amazing photos of the venue and things that we would have otherwise not seen, such as guests having an amazing time, dancing, etc. We had unexpected terrible weather, and she somehow came through with lighting the photos perfectly, and dealing with less than ideal conditions! The photos are a photo journal of our wedding and exactly what we wanted. She has a very easy going nature, but is a dedicated professional who effortlessly shot the wedding. I barely noticed her presence, which made being natural easier. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Christine · Married on 08/03/2013

My husband and I had a non-traditional reception in my grandparents' backyard and Emily was able to work with the location and come up with some really great photos without any direction from us. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/05/2014

Emily was very easy to work with, and we were pleased with our rehearsal dinner pictures!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Along with a few large, well reviewed photography studios, we interviewed Emily while she was still a college student to be our wedding photographer. Her attitude was more professional and she was easier to work with than the well-established companies. She ended up being a good choice. She was totally professional and easy-going through the entire process.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Josh · Married on 07/04/2014

3.0
      3.5

Emily is a wonderful photographer who, for the price, gives you a great value on a great set of pictures. She was very flexible in the amount of time that she would give us for our wedding and her pictures are very large shots that I am sure we will enjoy for years. She was not always the most responsive to our messages as we were coming up on the wedding, likely due to her school schedule and her traveling for work, and she was not the most adept at guiding us and our guests toward the better picture (she is a little shy) however, she always had a smile on her face and the candid shots that she got of our occasion were enjoyed by all. She is not a 40 year old seasoned vet, and does not act or charge like she is. She is a talented artist who is honing her craft with every click of her shutter. And for the price, she is a steal.

Sent on 09/10/2014