Elements of Elegance Event Planning and Floral Reviews

60 | Grand Rapids, MI

60 Reviews for Elements of Elegance Event Planning and Floral

EOE is amazing and I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for flowers, wedding coordination, or both! We initially met with Dee and Lauren for floral and ended up having EOE do partial wedding coordination (as at the time, the basics, like venue, etc. were already in place). Dee was so kind that she put out there she would help review any contracts even if we didn't hire any wedding coordination. My now husband and I felt confident in her and the team. We had an issue with our initial venue (which we had prior to meeting Dee and the EOE team) and had to find a new venue within a few months of our wedding. Dee met with us immediately to weigh out changing locations and within days we had a new venue in contract and planning continued. I give EOE an excellent rating because they do great work and these ladies work hard to make you feel like the only bride they are working with and will make your day sepctacular. With that said, to future brides/grooms, it is easy to get caught up in unrealistic expectations and it could be frustrating if the response isn't immediate or something on the big day does not go as expected. It is important to realize that this is the wedding world. Venue, vendors, etc., will get back to you when they get the answer or when they have the time to give you the full attention (we aren't talking more than a day). It would be easy to point the finger if something goes wrong on your big day, but reality is with or without a coordinator there will be little details you will notice that do not go smoothly, but at least you know with EOE those little mishaps will be minimal vs. not having them, and that any mishaps will be professionally taken care of by EOE staff. So if you are looking for floral or wedding coordination EOE comes highly recommended (trust me when I say I researched every floral/wedding coordinator on the west side of Michigan - save yourself some time)!

Sent on 12/12/2013

Dee was absolutely amazing, she had so many great ideas and took all the stress off me so I could enjoy my wedding.
    Every little detail was taken care of and I didn't have to worry at all.
    I will definitely recommend Elemts of Elegance!!!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Chelsey · Married on 09/21/2013

Dee was amazing to work with! We used her day-of services to coordinate vendors and help with set up, but she did so much more! Dee helped up choose vendors, provided honest and real advice, did multiple visits to our reception site and worked closely with our vendors to make sure that our wedding day went off without a hitch. Neither my husband and I, nor our family, had anything to worry about on our wedding day - we knew that Dee had it all taken care of and we were able to just enjoy.

Sent on 01/07/2014
  • Frances

Frances · Married on 09/07/2013

Dee and her team at Elements of Elegance are beyond top notch.
    Without them, the intricate touches and details I had planned for the wedding would not have been possible to implement. My mother, husband, and I got to be GUESTS at the wedding - and we cherish (and remember) every bit. Dee tackled out of state planning, and made tremendous efforts to meet with me, even going out a good distance out of her way. We could not be more grateful for all the support she provided, and ABSOLUTELY sing her praises. Having Dee there was the ultimate gift we gave ourselves - peace of mind!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Le · Married on 08/31/2013

Dee and her team are AMAZING! We hired her team as day of coordinator's for our day after wedding BBQ. From the moment we hired Dee, she went above and beyond my expectations.

At the time of planning we were living abroad and needed someone to take the lead on the BBQ for 90 guests. As I was busy planning the wedding, Dee and her team executed everything related to the BBQ beautifully. Her team kept us up to date on progress and next steps. Additionally, she went above her job when I had questions regarding our own wedding planning. On the day of the event, my husband and I got to enjoy the day without having to worrying about anything. We just enjoyed our guests, while her team handle any and all situations.

Dee's services didn't end with the event. When I had questions regarding vendor billing, she followed up with the vendor and resolved the issue.

Book Dee and her team if you want your event executed perfectly!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/22/2013

I can't say enough about how amazing Dee and the entire Elements of Elegance team was for my 6/22 wedding. I am not from Michigan so planning a wedding from Chicago had it's challenges. From the moment I spoke to Dee she was so helpful. I really do not know what I would have done without her. From always being available for questions, concerns or ideas I had, to recommending vendors, reviewing contracts, mapping out timelines--everything. She went way above and beyond and I really felt like she cared as much about making the day as amazing as I did. Sometimes wedding planning can get overwhelming and she made sure we stayed on track. For anyone considering a wedding planner I would 100% recommend the Elements of Elegance team. Also, Dee did my flowers and I can't tell you how many compliments I received. The day was just perfect and I owe a lot of that to the professionalism and care of Elements of Elegance.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Lynell · Married on 02/25/2013

There really wasn't another option for me to choose from - having worked with Dee as a professional in the wedding business for years, when it came to my own day, SHE was who I HAD to have. She captured the vision for my wedding, and executed it better than I ever could have on my own! From start to finish, she was my go-to person, and I was confident every minute she would have it all handled. It was honestly more than I ever dreamed of, and the least stressful day of my life!

Sent on 09/22/2013

LeShana · Married on 11/17/2012

My groom and I decided in September 2012 that instead of having a large
    scale wedding in July of 2013, that we wanted a smaller, more intimate
    wedding done in the Winter of 2012. With this time change, we knew we were
    going to need a planner who could work quickly, keep us on track
    financially, and provide an expedited time line. After I did some research
    online, I emailed a few local planners with our needs. Dee was not only the
    first to respond, but the only one who sent a personal response. We set up a first
    appointment, by the time we left, we were sure we'd found our planner. We had a fixed budget, and Dee helped us stay within that number. She provided a list of tasks we needed to complete ASAP, along with a list of weekly tasks to complete start working on. She helped us find the venue, photographer, and officiant. She arranged our ceremony and reception decoration. EOE was our florist and made beautiful arrangements for
    us and came in under what we had budgeted! The pre wedding guidance Dee and
    her staff was invaluable. We also hired Elements of Elegance for the Wedding Day Planning Package or "Day of" planning. Other than hiring Dee and EOE in the first place, choosing the day of planning was the BEST decision we made. On our wedding day our family kept saying how relaxed and laid back my groom and I were. That was only because Dee and her staff orchestrated the entire day. Dee has surrounded herself with staff who share her calm demeanor, which is just what we needed! Because of EOE, I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day without any drama. It couldn't have gone any better. Every guest raved about how flawless the night was. I would gladly recommend Dee and Elements of Elegance to ANYONE looking for a planner. Next to picking my husband, it was the best decision I made about my wedding. I can't help but give them 5 stars across the board!

Sent on 11/25/2012

Carly · Married on 10/06/2012

I am not the bride who had her perfect wedding dreamed up since being a little girl, so when I started planning my wedding I knew that (1) I was going to need some help, (2) I wanted that person to understand my personality and my wants and not deliver me an over-the-top wedding extravaganza, and (3) I did not want that person to be a family member as I just wanted everyone to be able to relax, eat, dance, and enjoy my wedding day. Enter Dee Mitchell and her team at Elements of Elegance (who we also hired to be our florist as well). From beginning to end, Dee and her team were nothing short of fantastic. Every step of the way, from deciding on flower arrangements (which was largely done through Pinterest pinnings, since I am clueless with flower names) to finding a new catering when my first one cancelled on me to making sure I had every piece of rental equipment I needed, Dee was there to check off lists and ask questions and make sure that I had all my ducks in a row. More than that, Dee is one of the most warm, loving, and caring people I met along the planning process. I always felt that she was in my corner and that she would go beyond her actual contractual duties to make sure that I had my perfect moment. Without hesitation, I would recommend Elements of Elegance to any future bride.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Julie · Married on 09/29/2012

Dee and the gals were wonderful to work with. Helpful, dependable, beautiful flowers and full of great ideas.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Jamie · Married on 09/15/2012

Dee and her staff did such a fabulous job coordinating our wedding, and the flowers were exactly what I pictured! I wish I could save them forever, so I'm glad I have plenty of photos.:) Dee was right there taking care of the small details and running around. There are things you don't think of appointing someone to take care of so Dee was the one who took care of them. She made our wedding day run so smoothly and deterred any incidents that may have probably happened had she not been there. Can't thank her enough for pulling together our perfect day.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/08/2012

We planned my Lake Michigan wedding from our current home in New York, so we needed some help with recommendations, since it was impossible to meet with all the vendors that we would have liked to. We went back and forth on weither or not we wanted to hire a coordinator, because I was such a hands on bride. In my research I did not find any coordinators as well priced and well-reviewed as EOE. We met with Dee and it instantly convinced my husband that hiring a day of coordinator would be in our best intrest. We hired Elements of Elegance first as our day-of-coordinator, then as our florist. Dee and her team were so great and flexible working with us from a far and meeting us on our few pop-ins to Grand Rapids. We worked with Holly on wedding day, she and her assistants were so helpful and attentive, they kept us from worrying about all the little things we didn't want to worry about on that day. And, even made sure mine and my husband's drinks were filled.

Dee and her team also did our personal flowers, bouquets and boutonnieres. Dee took all my inspiration into consideration (and there was a lot), as well as cost restrictions and found us in-season flowers that looked fabulous. The EOE team understood my vision and FLOORED me with the most beautiful bouquets I could have imagined.

Thank you for all your help!

Sent on 09/24/2012

E · Married on 09/08/2012

We can't say enough about Dee and Elements of Elegance. They went above and beyond our expectations in every aspect of their work, and played a huge role in making our day a success. The floral was beautiful, but we didn't expect anything else from someone as talented as Dee! She really took the time to listen to our vision for the day, and then created something even better than we imagined.
    EOE also provided day-of coordination for us, which was such a blessing. We had multiple issues with another vendor, but lead planner Sara calmly and swiftly stepped in to address all the problems. Our ceremony and reception ran smoothly and the stellar team at EOE deserves all the credit.
    Thank you Dee and EOE for all you did to make our day so wonderful!

Sent on 10/09/2012

Rebecca · Married on 08/10/2012

Absolutely beautiful flowers, just what I had pictured, and a good value for your money. Would definitely reccommend!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Jessie · Married on 07/28/2012

Dee was absolutely AMAZING! She was incredibly helpful and worked along with me to create the floral designs that I had imagined for our wedding day and that we both thought would look amazing. She was always a pleasure to chat with and was a great listener too. Dee was also great at helping me make decisions.

I was literally blown away by our flowers when the day-of came along. They were over and above anything I could have imagined; they were gorgeous, and everyone commented on how perfect our flowers looked and how well they reflected the elegant theme of our wedding. Dee did an excellent job with our flowers and her to the tee organization, creative personality, and amazing attitude were an absolute joy to work with! I would recommend Dee to any of my closest friends and family.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Jane · Married on 07/21/2012

we couldn't have asked for any more from this great wedding planner. Very down to earth, so helpful with ideas and knows just where to get great deals on wedding supplies. Sara Bos was excellent in carrying out our plan at the rehearsal and day of wedding. We highly recommend this planner.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Elements of Elegance Event Planning and Floral's reply:

Thank you Jane! We really enjoyed the planning process with you and Sarah. I'm so happy that you were happy with our planner Sara. She's one of the best and we are lucky to have her! Best of luck.

Love,
    Dee & EOE team

Mary · Married on 06/23/2012

Dee and her assistants were helpful and professional. The assistants, most of whom are college students, are mature and well trained.
    Dee was always assessible, helpful and took charge when we wanted her to.
    Although we arranged the cake, she made suggestions as to vendors. She also arranged the tents, chairs, etc... it was an outdoor wedding.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Kathy · Married on 06/23/2012

There is not enough that I could say about Dee and her team. We wanted an outdoor wedding in my parent's backyard and a reception at a separate venue. Logistically it was a handful for us and it was, as far as we know, a breeze for her. Simply put, she did precisely what we wanted (even though at times we weren't even sure what that was) and made everything easy. I had a lot of people say that there would always be that little thing that went wrong that no one of the guests would notice. Nothing went wrong, everything went the way it should. This is exactly how a bride should feel about their wedding day. I actually miss meeting her and talking and joking around now. Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 08/17/2012
  • Maurica

Maurica · Married on 06/16/2012

Dee and her staff at Elements of Elegance Event Planning and Floral were beyond helpful. My husband and I hired Dee and her staff to provide all the flowers for our wedding and to be our day before and day of wedding planners. First, I can't even start to explain how happy we were with the flowers. I gave Dee the idea I had in my mind for the flowers, but I don't know much about flowers at all, so she took my idea and ran with it. Our flowers were exactly what I had envisioned and even more so. They were perfect and the day of our wedding her staff used all the flowers to set up our wedding ceremony and reception so beautifully. Second, having Dee and her staff as our day before and day of wedding coordinators was one of the best wedding ideas we had and worth every penny. My mind was at such ease knowing that I had two very competent wedding coordinators assisting me and my groom on our wedding day. We had a few snags in the plans, but the wedding assistance were on top of it before I had a chance to worry or even know about them. I would use Dee and her company again in a heart beat and I felt that she helped make our wedding day the most enjoyable day of our lives so far! :)

Maurica & Bill

Sent on 08/07/2012

amanda · Married on 06/02/2012

life saver! theres no way i could have done it without dee! she pulls everything together and does a great job to make sure everything goes smoothly! beautiful flowers!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Pattie

Pattie · Married on 06/02/2012

We were only going to order flowers, which by the way were the most amazing ever, but Dee was sooooo awesome! Very well worth it to destress your time. She spent way too much time with us than we ever expected her to. She is the most amazing person for this job!!

Sent on 06/08/2012

Nancy · Married on 05/12/2012

Dee and her staff were amazing!!! Went above and beyond! The flowers were gorgeous and everything went smoothly thanks to her and Sara and the other wonderful ladies. I would recommend them to anyone! This is my 3rd wedding to host and I could not have been more pleased. It doesn't get any better than this! Also, fabulous job on decorating and the flowers!!!
    Hire her!!!!

Sent on 05/15/2012

Katie · Married on 05/12/2012

I would HIGHLY recommend Elements of Elegance. They were very organized and professional. They listened to what I wanted and made it happen. They were all very friendly and helpful. Not only did I have them there taking care of business but they were so nice and personable I felt like I had extra friends there with Elements of Elegance. I am particularly fond of Dee and Sarah. Thank you so much for helping to make my day perfect!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Kristin · Married on 09/16/2011

Dee was extremely easy to work with and was so giving and flexible with my taste.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Elaine · Married on 06/11/2011

Dee was my wedding planner and flourist and she did an amazing job! Dee took our vision and colors and brought them to life. She made sure we were happy with the final product and worked until it was perfect. The ballroom on our wedding day was breathtaking!!! Dee listened to countless voicemails and was very patient with us. Dee was professional and would meet us anywhere to go over wedding details and most importantly budget! She made sure our wedding day went as smoothe as possible. If there were any 'hic-cups' I never knew about them because she had already taken care of it. Dee and her staff remained with us from start to finish on our wedding day and even turned our cottage into a beautiful setting to come home to on our wedding night. My wedding would have not been the same without Dee!! :) She is extremely talented and does her job so very well. We received many compliments on how wonderful Dee was as a person and how amazing our venue looked. Even weeks after the wedding we still got calls from people that couldn't say enough about our wedding. I will hire her again in a heartbeat for my second wedding! Haha KIDDING!! I am so happily married and Dee made our special day, one that we will never forget. Thanks again Dee & staff of Elements of Elegance!!!

Sent on 08/22/2011