Duetimage Photography Reviews

9 | New Paltz, NY

9 Reviews for Duetimage Photography

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Book this photographer for a reliable, flexible, and creative photography experience!

Doug and Regina went above and beyond to ensure that we had a wonderful engagement photo session and experience. From the initial contact, to the actual day of the shoot, to wrapping up many details over the course of months, Duetimage was thorough and attentive to ensure we loved our photos. They were always willing to talk on the phone and were prompt and efficient with communication. The day of the shoot was wonderful- they were attentive to our ideas and their creativity and experience resulted in meaningful and original photos and memories. Duetimage was willing and open to work on any and every idea or issue we had!

J · Married on 04/29/2017

Regina & Doug were A..MAZING !!! They worked with us throughout the day (no matter how crazy it got). Were a pleasure to deal with before , during and even post wedding. They were very diligent and kept me on point about my album. The final album is better than I could have hoped and the metal print we ordered looked Fantastic!!!. My friend waited months before they could see her pictures and over a year before their album was ready. I had my pictures online and ready to view within a month and they were waiting on me to finish because they wanted me to have my album within 3 months (CRAZY). Thank you so much for all your help and advise with the pictures and album. Recommend HIGHLY.... A++++

Sent on 09/28/2017

Duetimage Photography's reply:

Thank you, Jennifer! You and Ivan are great couple, and great parents, and it was a pleasure getting to know you. Our best wishes to you both!

Aimee · Married on 12/24/2016

Working with Doug and Regina from Duetimage Photography was an absolute pleasure. Not only was the entire experience with them, from beginning to end, inspiring and enjoyable, but our final product of a black and white album of a “Hollywood glam” Christmas Eve wedding renewal, far exceeded any expectations that either I or my husband had. Doug and Regina are consummate professionals and my husband and I truly felt like movie stars the day of the shoot and any anxiety or nerves we were feeling were put to rest with their experience, creativity and passion for our project. Not only does our album defy any preconceived idea of what either of us had, Doug and Regina were able to tell our story in such a beautiful, romantic, timeless way that we will treasure our album always and when the time comes will leave it to our children, confident that it and “our story” will be handed down for generations. We also received a thumb drive with all of our photos from the shoot that we can use as we wish. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Duetimage Photography to the most discriminating buyer for any photography needs, but that being said, the treasures we received from them were an absolute bargain.

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2016

Doug and Regina photographed both my engagement session and my Catskill wedding. We were very pleased with our imagery and our whole experience. We are a very camera shy couple but they found a way to make us feel comfortable and look like we spent our entire lives before cameras. We especially treasure our couples portraits from that day and would recommend that you do an engagement session so you get a chance to see how they work (you'll know what to expect and be much less nervous during your big event).

They took very good care of us after our wedding and we especially thank them for honoring our privacy and making sure that no member of our family could see our coverage until our big holiday unveiling. Thank you again so much Doug & Regina, you are the best.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Duetimage Photography's reply:

It was a pleasure to photograph you both and your wonderful families, and once again, we are honored that you chose us for your special day. All the best to you! Doug & Regina, Duetimage Photography.

Kailen · Married on 07/16/2016

Doug and Regina are very sweet! They are passionate about what they do and our album and metal print both came out beautifully! A pleasure working with them. They captured our big day wonderfully!

Sent on 04/14/2017

Duetimage Photography's reply:

Very honored to have been there for you at The Fountains, and thank you for putting your trust in us. All our good wishes to you both! Doug & Regina, Duetimage Photography.

Meg · Married on 06/20/2015

We are very happy with our wedding coverage and album from Duetimage Photography. Doug and Regina are extremely talented photographers who are passionate about printed images and the kind of heirloom artwork they make.
    My wedding was very crazy at times with unexpected timetable changes and bad weather, but through it all Doug and Regina found ways to make my day beautiful, and kept me and my husband laughing. I thank them so much.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Duetimage Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and thank you again for selecting us as your wedding photographer. Doug & Regina, Duetimage Photography.

Pam · event on: 11/16/2013

We had holiday portraits taken of our 5 children by duetimage and their work was phenomenal. The best holiday portraits we have ever had taken. They know how to work with children to get the best results and the portraits are stunning. They were professional and a pleasure to work with. Will use them all the time for special occasions.

Courtney · Married on 10/21/2017

We planned our wedding across the country in Utah, and Doug & Regina at Duetimage made working with them so easy. They set up a few phone calls beforehand to get to know us and figure out our style. I really appreciated the questionnaire they had us fill out too to help us decide which formal shots to take. The day of the wedding they took a ton of photos, but I never felt like they were imposing on special moments. I can't wait to see our final results!

Eric · Married on 09/04/2016

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

We made the mistake of booking DuetImage to photograph our wedding in Sept 2016. They ended up taking photos that were really poor quality, and unusable.

Our relationship with Regina & Doug started out great. They were a pleasure to plan with before the wedding, and on the wedding they worked so hard to capture photos of our ceremony, group shots, and reception shots. However, after the wedding when we saw the photos, we were really shocked to see how bad they were.

We were married on a beautiful summer day, with blue skies and no clouds. Because Duet Image didn't use a polarizing filter, the outdoor photos were washed out... over-exposed with white skies.

Inside the reception venue (a barn), they went crazy with flash setups, and this made every interior photo look like a paparazzi shot. Everyone was glossy and washed out again, and most of the photos showed the flash equipment in the background.

After talking with a few other photographers, it's clear that they used the wrong equipment, and that made these photos look amateurish and not usable.

Even worse, as we gave this feedback to Doug & Regina after the wedding, they got incredibly defensive. We're now 3 months after the wedding, and I have an inbox with dozens of condescending emails, saying "your monitors aren't calibrated" or even worse "we had no control over the weather". Every iPhone photo from the day looks beautiful, and no matter how many times we tried to get Regina & Doug to fix the photos, they were combative, rude, unprofessional, and at no point any responsibility for their mistakes.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Duetimage Photography's reply:

We stand by the work we've carried out on your wedding day and for the benefit of Wedding Wire readers your images can be found here: http://folios.duetimage.com/erickyle. It is unfortunate that you are choosing to post false statements in your attempts to have us change the terms of our contract. We tried hard to satisfy your service request which was limited to 40 images out of 800 where you felt the sky was not as saturated as you'd envisioned. Never once did you raise any complaint about the indoor photography. It was only after we would not acquiesce to your unreasonable demands for labor outside our contract (one of them being a request for us to digitally composite your personal cell phone images) that you padded out your minor service issue with this libelous review. Furthermore, we were always courteous in dealing with your service issue, even with the goalposts constantly changing and your unreasonable demands escalating. Up to the end, we kept the door open to find a solution, and that door remains open. We trust that Wedding Wire readers are smart enough to tell fact from fiction after viewing the images at the link above. Kind regards, Doug & Regina The Duetimage Team