DJ Mike Breul Reviews

12 | Simi Valley, CA

12 Reviews for DJ Mike Breul

Julia · Married on 09/25/2016

DJ Mike was everything i could have ever wanted in a DJ. I wanted a DJ that was not cheesy who would be ok with playing the songs I specifically asked for, and filling in the blanks with songs of the same vibe. He did exactly that! He also had great ideas and input and was extremely flexible when I asked for some 'out there' songs. He was an excellent MC and even was able to fit in an impromptu song for a family member's spur of the moment speech. The dance floor was full the whole time and the dinner music was exceptional. He really made the night special. Highly highly recommended.

Sent on 10/19/2016

DJ Mike is fantastic!

Mike dj'd our wedding recently. He had come highly recommended from a friend of a friend who had recently gotten married, and like them, we couldn't have been happier.

My now hubby and I met Mike in person for an initial couple of hours, and went through what kind of music we wanted at the wedding. My husband's a former pro musician so really knew the vibe he wanted. I'm more top 40, so we discussed having a good mix. We ended up putting together our own play list and Mike did a great job filling in with songs that worked with the vibe we were going for. He would've chosen everything for us, but we wanted to make sure some of our favorites were played.

We also had Mike play some special music throughout the night. A recording of my dad was played at the beginning of the ceremony, and some background music supported my niece later in the evening when she sang. DJ Mike played it all perfectly, at the right time, for the right amount of time, as we had requested.

Mike was also great at feeling out what was going on, so when dinner lasted a little longer than planned, he kept the dinner vibe going before moving into the dance tunes.

The best part of working with DJ Mike was that we knew we were working with a pro so we didn't have to worry one second about something going wrong. Set up and tear down was flawless. He arrived way ahead of time, and we never felt like he was rushing us toward the end of the night. And his price was very fair and competitive. I highly recommend DJ Mike!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Mike was so amazing to work with we highly recommend him if you want to have an amazing event. He made our wedding so much fun and had an amazing atmosphere with great music! He was professional and easy to work with and made everything so special for us!

Sent on 06/16/2014

From the planning stages of the wedding for my daughter to the big night, MIke was wonderful to work with and pleased all our guests. He spent enough time with our family in selecting the music for the evening to be a success.
    I would recommend Mike's professionalism and quality of his service to any perspective party planner or individual making plans for their event.

Sent on 07/14/2014

David · Married on 10/11/2013

DJ Mike Bruel did a fantastic job at our wedding. He was attentive to our ideas, and adding a little of his own flare. The execution at the wedding was basically flawless, including nailing our introduction song - something I will never forget. I would recommend Mike to anyone.

Sent on 02/01/2015

Gabriel · Married on 09/21/2013

Wow is the first coment that comes to mind when I think about Mike at our wedding! So we planned and did all of our wedding on our own which was way more than we thought. Mike showed up and just took over the coordination part! He was on it keeping the flow of events immediately after we said "I do". Just that alone was such a saving grace but what trumped that was his music. His selection of fun dancing music was spot on. There were many of us non dancers that just felt we HAD to dance. The entire party was on their feet all night!
    I would have to say Dj. Mike is just simply bad ass and I couldn't recommend him more to anyone. Thank you for being such a great part of our day!

Sent on 06/28/2014

Stanita · Married on 08/31/2013

Mike is one of the BEST DJ's I've ever had the pleasure to know and I am grateful he was able to DJ my wedding. He made sure our day was as great as it could be and that we kept it moving the entire night! Before our special day he took time with us to make sure we had the music we wanted and he also did his best to accomdate ALL requests. He went so far as to work with my father even though he lives in another state. THANK YOU MIKE!!!! We really appreciate all you've done. See ya at Sunset!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Meghan · Married on 07/27/2013

DJ Mike Breul was DJ and MC for our wedding in Nipomo, CA at the Dana Powers House and Barn. He was excellent in both respects. The MC announcements were professional and not over the top or cheesy. The music was well put together and mixed wonderfully. We gave Mike a play list of suggestions for various parts of the evening and gave him a list of "do not play" songs. Based on these, he really got the feel for what we were into and he used many of those songs as well as some other great songs that he thought played well with the mood. It was all seamless, and every song that was not on our playlist was a song that I loved and would have put on the list myself if I had thought of it. He really got what we were going for. There were a lot of people on the dance floor and certainly everybody out there was having a blast!

In terms of flexibility, we didn't choose the final selection for the mother/son dance until the day of, but Mike was prepared with the few possibilities we had selected. We had a few changes and additions throughout the process and Mike was more than accommodating.

I couldn't say enough good things about Mike and his abilities. Everything went as smoothly as we could have wished for that evening and it was in great part to DJ Mike Breul.

Sent on 08/14/2013

Erin · Married on 07/19/2013

DJ Mike is fantastic! We live out of state and he was very accomadating. He was able to understand what we wanted within 5 minutes of meeting us. He got to know us and gave suggestions that were spot on! He showed up early and played the perfect music. I'm a huge country music fan and he played the perfect amount of country while keeping all of our guests on the dance floor the entire night. Would definitely recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Colette · Married on 06/20/2009

Mike is awesome!! He played exactly what we wanted without even having to tell him. He knew the right things and was just perfect. He was extremely professional and also a great price. I would highly recommend hiring Mike. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/22/2009

Emily · Married on 07/05/2008

Mike was amazing. Every single person I have talked to said that was the best reception they have ever been to and I contribute much of it to Mike. He met with me to get a flavor of they type of music my husband and I enjoyed and really used that to create a play list that was exactly perfect for us. The dance floor was packed all evening and of people of all ages from my 5 year old cousin to my 82 year old great uncle. He was also very accommodating to the last minute changes in the schedule. We changed how the first few dances would be literally minutes before the dancing started and he said no problem I can totally do that for you. He was professional, fun, courteous, very easy to get along with and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who is getting married in the Santa Barbara/LA area. He made my wedding the funnest wedding not only I have been to but all of my friends and family as well.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2008

Mike was great to work with and truly a professional! He made sure that he played the type of music that we wanted at our wedding and did a great job mixing the songs so that they flowed together smoothly! We even received several compliments from our guests about the quality of Mike's djing! Mike was great and definitely not a "cheezy" wedding dj! I highly recommend him for your wedding or any other event!

Sent on 07/08/2008