dimend SCAASI Jeweler Reviews

28 | Chicago, IL

28 Reviews for dimend SCAASI Jeweler

Leah · Married on 10/21/2017

They helped my fiancé create a custom ring that I am totally in love with! Its exactly my style and I may be biased but its the most beautiful ring I've ever seen :)

Sent on 02/06/2017

dimendSCAASI has got amazing designs. Loved it. Must visit the showroom.

Sent on 04/07/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 05/17/2014

Stephanie Katz was fantastic to work with over the course of the past 18 months. First she custom designed my engagement ring so I could have the unique style that only existed in my head and then she helped us with our wedding bands which we get tons of compliments on. She is very knowledgable, easy to work with and super responsive. Thanks Steph, Isaac and the rest of the team... I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Joannie · Married on 06/21/2013

Our rings were made by Dimend Scaasi and our experience was wonderful. They were so accommodating and understanding throughout the entire process. They resized my rings and cleaned them up all within the same week as the wedding. I loved working with them and would definitely use their services again for any of our jewelry needs. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Julie · Married on 10/06/2012

My fiance purchased my engagement ring from dimend SCAASI in April 2011. The ring is beautiful and you can tell it is a quality setting and stone. The side stones are well matched for color and clarity and they made sure my fiance was comfortable and confident when choosing the center stone. Wonderful ring and customer service!

Sent on 05/01/2012

My husband got my engagement ring here, and we both got our bands here. All in all a very easy experience with them. Isaac and his team were so accommodating and were able to explain everything in such depth that it put us non-jewelry experts at ease.

Sent on 03/18/2013

Meredith · Married on 06/09/2012

Shannon at dimend SCAASI is amazing - she was very helpful when we selected our wedding bands and not at all pushy. She left us to look on our own, then came back to answer any questions. My engagement ring is one of their original designs and Shannon helped me to find a band that matched my ring and would work well with the unique setting. They always steam clean my ring when we come in and were able to do a full polish before our wedding day, all for free. The full polish was amazing, my ring looked brand new again!

Sent on 06/26/2012
  • whiskeys_girl

Melissa · Married on 10/15/2011

We love our rings. They are beautiful. What I would consider to be expensive, but I'm what we'll call thrifty.

Use them, they're good. You need an appointment, call first. This is NOT a Zales type of environment.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Stefanie · Married on 07/17/2011

Dimend Scaasi created a custom wedding band to match my engagement ring for less than we would have paid for a stock near-match at the chain retailers we visited. Fantastic service too!

Sent on 10/23/2011

anne · Married on 07/09/2011

We purchased our wedding bands from Isaac and couldn't be happier. They helped us weed through many in-store options to find the perfect choices for both of us and also supplied the band and setting for my engagement ring. When my platinum engagement ring became slightly misshapen (occupational hazard), it was speedily repaired. They are easy to reach, efficient and genuinely friendly.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2011

We bought my engagement ring and both of our wedding bands with Shannon at dimend SCAASI. We couldn't be happier! Shannon was very fun to work with, extremely responsive, and helped us pick settings that we love. We have several other friends that have used Shannon also and were extremely satisfied. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Ann · Married on 10/02/2010

My engagement ring is so beautiful! My husband bought my ring from Dimend Scaasi and he had such a great experience we ended up getting our wedding rings from there too. They ended up custom designing my eternity wedding band to match my engagement ring. His ring is pretty amazing too, a very elegant 6mm platinum band and they worked with us on price. I highly recommend them for their amazing rings/jewelry and their ability to custom make rings to fit any style.

Sent on 11/19/2011

Anna · Married on 08/07/2010

I needed to buy an engagement ring in order to propose to my wife. I was living in Europe at the time and knew absolutely nothing about diamonds or rings. When I contacted Dimend Scaasi, I was assigned a customer service representative, Shannon. To say the least, my experience with Shannon was phenomenal. She was able to accommodate all of my needs regardless of the fact that I was living in a different continent and seven hours ahead of her in Chicago. She educated me about diamonds and helped me pick the perfect engagement ring.

When it came time to get married, we knew we wanted to use Dimend Scaasi for our wedding bands as well. Once again, Shannon was a great help and we are 100% happy with both the customer service they provided and the products we received.

My wife has already sent her ring into Dimend Scaasi twice to have it polished, both times, free of charge.

I would recommend D. Scaasi to anyone!

Sent on 08/11/2010

dimend SCAASI Jeweler's reply:

Dear Glandorfam--thank you for your detailed review of dimend SCAASI. For clients like you who live far and refuse to compromise, we are extremely well suited. We can provide web sessions, as well as videos and pictures to help analyze cut quality of diamonds and make educated selection.
    I wish you and your wife the best.
    Isaac aka SCAASI

Kristi · Married on 05/02/2010

My husband got my engagement ring (he picked it out without any help from me!!!) from Issac at dimend SCAASI. He raved about the experience of being at the store, and my engagment ring is so unique and so beautiful, we had to go back there to get our bands! My husband and Issac cooked up a totally unique wedding band for him, and it turned out INCREDIBLY well- I mean, it is like nothing I have ever seen, so cool (and so him!!). My wedding band is amazing, exactly what I wanted. Issac was so helpful and so patient with us while we were there. It was a GREAT experience and I HIGHLY recommend going to see them. FYI-it is a pricey place, but the reason is they sell really high quality stuff. And they clean it for you for free every year! My opinion- TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2010

Beena · Married on 05/01/2010

We worked with Shannon. She was honest, knowledge and laid back. She didn't rush us to make a decision and was honest about what we should really look for in a ring. She even advised us to go with a cheaper ring because nobody would know notice the difference! You wont be disappointed

Sent on 05/27/2010
  • Zak

Zak · Married on 11/28/2009

Buying an engagement ring could have been a harrowing and intimidating process. Going into it knowing nothing about diamonds and little about settings, I went into it ready to be overwhelmed and taken advantage of. Instead, I met Shannon and the staff at dimend SCAASI. Shannon was knowledgeable, patient, forthright and fair. I was not pressured, up-sold or intimidated. I got a great ring and a great price and, 5 years later, my wife is still getting compliments on it. When went back for our wedding bands it was like visiting a friend. I highly recommend dimend SCAASI. Ask for Shannon.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Kristi · Married on 10/03/2009

My engagement ring was purchased in San Francisco, so we had to start from scratch finding a diamond store we trusted in Chicago. After checking out yelp.com and a few other sites we landed on dimend SCAASI. I'm so happy we did. From the second we walked in their door to the moment we picked up our rings, the service was fabulous. We mostly worked with Marta, but everyone else we encountered was very friendly, as well. Our rings came in on time and were exactly what we asked for. They also sized my engagement ring for me and it looks great. If I can ever convince my husband more diamonds are in order, this is where he'll head, I'm sure :)

Sent on 12/02/2009

Alla · Married on 09/07/2007

Got beautiful rings from this store. Both engagement and wedding bands. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/17/2007

Jeremy · Married on 08/08/2008

They offered great service and great product. We were so happy with the quality we received.

The money was well spent, and my wife's diamond is beautiful and her ring is gorgeous. It's well crafted.

Our bands are beautiful too.

Sent on 08/12/2008

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2008

We had great experiences with Dimend SCAASI. I had the perfect engagement ring in mind, and my fiance emailed with Alexa to discuss options before the two of us went there to pick it out. She was very friendly and helpful in picking out a diamond. Then, because my fiance wanted to do an actual "surprise" proposal with the ring, I was told the ring would take longer than it actually would so I wouldn't be expecting it until later. Well, they arranged a time when he could pick it up secretly, so I was surprised when he "officially" proposed. We were very happy with that experience so we went back when it came time to pick out wedding bands. Alexa was again very helpful in showing us the many options, and we are very happy with our rings. A little pricey, but we would recommend them.

Sent on 08/01/2008

Erin · Married on 10/22/2005

3.5

Isaac is the man...he can do whatever you want in regards to your jewelry needs. A woman at work strongly suggested my husband and I talk to him about our wedding bands. I meet with him that afternoon to view ideas. He custom made my wedding band at a fantastic price. I also purchased an antique ring for my right hand at a great value. He also reconstructed my engagement ring to include m Isaac y grandmother's diamond. As for men's rings, Isaac offered my husband an awesome copper/gold sculpted ring. The options for men's ring is endless...Issac and his staff rock it!

On another note, my husband, once sitting down with Isaac, knew him from somewhere. His friend, Dan, was married in Ohio and due to unforeseen issues, the ring was not ready. He personally drove the unique ring to ohio from Chicago to ensure it made it on time for the ceremony.

In addition, a friend of ours, Drew, had a custom ring made that was fantastic. It actually rotated and reconfigured to fit his needs. Once again, Issac and his staff rock it!!!

Sent on 07/02/2008

Hello I am zoya thankyou for your service i glad that i choose u

Sent on 04/16/2015

I love my ring from dimend SCAASI! They were professional, offered lots of options and helped my fiance think ahead with coordination of the engagement and wedding bands. The only downfall is that they do have mostly weekday hours and only the weekend by appointment but if you have enough time, they can make it work.

Sent on 05/14/2014

allison · Married on 10/20/2012

Great jeweler in Chicago - great atmosphere and beautiful rings! After an awful experience somewhere else on Jeweler's Row, I was feeling defeated but a trip to Dimend Scaasi was amazing! The owner, Isaac, helped us himself and we got perfect rings.

Sent on 11/01/2012

dimend SCAASI Jeweler's reply:

Dear Allison, thank you for your Review-it is our pleasure and I am pleased you have selected us to mend your previous unpleasant Jewelry shopping experience.
    My very best wishes,
    Isaac aka SCAASI
  • ginalee912

Gina · Married on 10/10/2009

My engagement & wedding band are both from Scassi. They are a pleasure to work with. We worked with Shannon, who is very nice, knowledgable, & adept at finding you what you need in your budget. I'm sure that making a solitaire ring with a simple gold band is not the most artisitc experience they ever had, but I wanted something classic & timeless, with most of the budget put into a beautiful stone, and they make you feel really excited about the experience regardless.

Early last spring, my now-husband siad he wanted to know what kind of ring I might like. I knew I wanted a simple solitaire setting, but I wanted to make sure we got good quality & good service at a good price. After seeing the roughly 60 or 70 5-star reviews on Citysearch, I had to check them out. On their website, they even state free polishing, re-sizing, & simple repairs (unless it's an eternity or tension setting). I went in & spoke to Shannon & really loved the place. I had such good vibes about it (more than at the couple other jewelers I had met) and it made me really excited that I was going to get a really great ring. When my husband proposed, I became a hazard while walking or behind the wheel--I couldn't stop staring at the ring.

I wanted to do a ring like an eternity band but only 75% so it could be resized easiy if needed, with shared prong setting. They had a beautiful eternity band that was out of my budget, but found me something comparable in my budget. It's beautiful & sparkles like crazy. My husband also found a band he liked-- the titanium band. He was concerned he would find it irritating to wear a ring since he never has & since he draws for a living, but the titanium band is very lightweight. He also liked that it was inexpensive (in case he loses it, lol) and well as the darker look of the metal. It's been a couple weeks, and he finds it to be very comfortable and hasn't lost it yet ;-)

Sent on 11/13/2009