datura Reviews

6 | Middletown, CT

6 Reviews for datura

Nikki · Married on 11/17/2012

What can I say? I asked for an enchanted forest and what I got was so much more. I could not have been more pleased with the way everything looked! My guests are still talking about how amazing the centerpieces were. Every little detail was executed beautifully. Both my husband and I were blown away. Tony is also fabulous to work with and super fun.

Sent on 01/20/2013

Leah · Married on 11/27/2010

Tony is amazing. There is no lack of creativity here. You will be more than happy with your results. If you want something that is different yet memorable datura will deliver. I am so happy with Datura I would reccomend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 01/27/2011

Kelly · Married on 07/26/2008

The results are amazing! The flowers for our wedding were perfect, unique, modern and beautiful!

I loved working with Tony, it's amazing what results you get when you work with an artist rather than just a florist!

Kelly Cohen

Sent on 08/28/2008

Carrie · Married on 05/25/2008

i LOVED my florist! Tony was a graphic designer before he became a florist and it REALLY shows in his work. if you don't like frou-frou prissy floral arrangements, he's your guy. our centerpieces were simple and architectural. we had orange calla lilies bound with copper wire in very tall glass vases on all our tables. they were simple and gorgeous. no trying to crane your neck around the flowers to see who's sitting on the other side of your table. we got so many compliments on these arrangements. my bouquet was also orange calla lilies, very simple and VIBRANT, oh my god the flowers were so bright and gorgeous. my husband had a matching lily on his jacket, also bound with copper wire. for my girls i chose orange daisies, bound with copper wire into a corsage to be worn on the wrist. Tony also hung glass globes from the chandeliers in the dining room, which we thought was really beautiful and not something you see at a lot of weddings. the globes were in springy bright colors and set off our navy table linens perfectly.

we didn't know that we wanted any of this when we came in, but Tony offered suggestions and told us what would be best in the season we were working in (May). he is very creative and a real individual. we ended up talking for a long time about personal stuff (jobs, families, children, whatnot) while my husband fixed Tony's laptop, which had broken down while he was trying to show us pictures of his past work. (he ended up giving us a discount.) he's one of those people who's had a very twisty path through life and has a lot of stories and experience to show for it. Tony told us that he gets his flowers from Holland directly, which is the only reason we could get orange calla lilies, we didn't even know such a color existed. He is a recommended vendor with the Riverhouse in Haddam, CT, and it's pretty obvious why. we booked him through the vendor open house at the RH, and his table was the most crowded of all the florists there. you should check out his website and check availability EARLY with him! we met with him in February and got married in May; I would suggest meeting with him earlier than that because he's definitely on the rise.

Sent on 07/26/2008

Meredith · Married on 12/19/2009

Tony and his staff did an amazing job on our flowers. I LOVED every aspect of his artwork. WHen I walked in to my reception hall before our cocktail hour, I almost cried when I saw how beautiful my centerpieces came. He captured and created exactly what I wanted inside my reception hall. I without a doubt recommend Datura to anyone getting married in CT.

Sent on 01/19/2010

Megan · Married on 09/11/2009

3.5
      3.5

I loved the uniqueness of the pieces. The bouquets were perfect, but as for the flowers for the ceremony I was a little disappointed with the quantity of flowers. When we were able to meet with the vendor everything was great, but I sometimes had difficulty contacting the office. If you want something different than the plain old boring bouquets and centerpeices I highly recommend Datura, but only if you can afford the pricing. Tony was wonderful to work with and was ery professional through everything. I will def use him again if I ever have a big event.

Sent on 10/07/2009