Craig Does Weddings Reviews

Craig Does Weddings 2
Craig Does Weddings 3

Taylor Meier · Married on 05/11/2019

BEST officiant ever!!

100% recommend Craig as an officiant!!! He did an amazing job on our ceremony - it was thoughtful and so FUNNY! Our families both love to make fun of each other and laugh, and Craig's ceremony made us do just that. The ceremony was easily customizable to how we wanted it. And it was so beautiful. It's been almost a week since our wedding and we haven't stopped hearing from family how great a job Craig did. We even had out of town cousins ask if he could travel because he was so awesome! Thank you Craig!!!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/04/2019

Experienced and warm officiant

From our 1st meeting, I knew Craig was the one to marry us. Craig took his time to get to know our story. He has a warm, kind presence that I knew could share our unique story best. Our guests enjoyed his mix of humor and warmth during our ceremony!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    Craig Does Weddings 4

Hi Melissa,

Your words were incredibly kind and affirming. Thank you so very much. Your wedding was really fun and meaningful and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting your guests and family. I wish you all the best in your lives together. Remember, I'm always at your service from here on too.
    Take care,
  • Austin

Austin · Married on 12/08/2018

Such a Great Officiant and Person

Choosing our officiant was very important to us and we could not have picked a more wonderful person. From the start, we had a great connection with Craig and he worked very hard for us before he was even hired. We met with him at a Starbucks and talked for a long time as he got to know us. After this first meeting, we were so impressed that I even turned down a family friend’s offer to officiate our wedding for free because we knew Craig was the right officiant for us. In addition to getting to know us, he offered us great material for readings and how to get our marriage license completed.
    We met with Craig again after booking him as our officiant and he helped personalize our wedding ceremony. We turned down a few other officiants along the way because their ceremony felt too “cookie cutter” and Craig does a great job of making your ceremony personal to you. During our rehearsal, Craig was the perfect mix of good humor and snapping people to attention. We had a rambunctious bunch for our wedding party and he got us through the rehearsal very efficiently. On the day of our wedding, all of the time Craig spent getting to know us came out as he mixed in our personal stories and messages throughout the ceremony. He did such a great job that I had several friends admit to me later that they thought Craig was related to me!
    Craig, thank you again for all of your hard work and time spent with us. We hope to run into you again.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Hey Austin,
    Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review. That was very kind of you to take the time to do that. Your wedding was simply beautiful and wonderful. All your guests were so warm and kind and I enjoyed meeting them. Your parents and wedding party were a class act. Such solid friends and support from them. Yours was one of those weddings that I come home and tell my wife, "This couple is going to be just fine. They are a solid couple going into it and they are going to be great together...as they already are. So grateful for the chance to get to know you both.
    All my best,

Nikole · Married on 06/01/2018

Look no further, Craig is absolutely AMAZING! He was so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process and really took the time to get to know our story and personalities. He helped customize the ceremony to fit our vision and had tons of great suggestions when we weren't sure exactly what we wanted to do.

We received tons of comments from our guests about how flawless our ceremony was. Most of them thought we had known Craig for ages, that's how well he captured us. We would recommend Craig a thousand times over, he exceeded our expectations by a long shot and his services are worth every penny.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

Best officiant ever!!! He has so much experience and loves what he does. He customizes the ceremony to reflect you as a couple. He took the time to really get to know us to make our ceremony amazing. We still get comments about how unique the ceremony was and how much they enjoyed listening to Craig and his words. Highly recommend him for your big day!!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

Craig was awesome to work with! Our wedding guests came up to us all night long commenting on how much they enjoyed Craig and how personal our ceremony was. My husband and I are laid back and were looking for someone with a good sense of humor and Craig was the perfect fit to lead our ceremony! He was also very organized and professional throughout the entire planning process and leading the rehearsal. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Craig and felt honored to have him be a part of our special day. We both highly recommend him to any couple looking for an incredible officiant.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Melissa Davis · Married on 11/12/2016

The Best Officiant

Craig officiated our wedding back in 2016 and to this day we still have people come up to us saying how great our officiant was. Before the wedding we met with Craig and he personalized our wedding to fit us and our personalities. We would 100% recommend Craig.

Sent on 02/01/2019
    Craig Does Weddings 5
    Craig Does Weddings 6

Dear Melissa,

You are too kind. Thank you so very much. I still remember your wedding day too. It was wonderful. I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying one another big time!! Thanks again for your wonderful, kind words. I appreciate them and you, deeply.

kellyn · Married on 11/04/2016

I could not have asked for a better officiant. For me the ceremony it was the most important part of the wedding, and I wanted to have something that it would make people emotional but also make people laugh, and with Craig we just got it all, he had the right words for all the moments and our guests loved it. It was super easy to work with Craig he responds fast which I know as a bride we really appreciate that, he is so charismatic and sweet and funny. We had two meetings with him and all of them helped us design the ceremony of our dreams. My husband and I are not super religious we do believe in God and follow kindness and love every step in life but I was hesitant to hire a pastor and be forced to have a more traditional ceremony with lots of bible reading and bible references. But Craig listened to what type of ceremony we were looking for and just gave us the perfect amount of blessing exactly what we were looking for which amazed me how in tune with our wishes he was. Thank you Craig for making our day ultra special.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Johanna-Maria · Married on 10/27/2016

We are a 40+ couple from Sweden who got married in San Diego this past Oktober. We wanted a small intimate ceremony. We heard about Craig from a family member who lives in SD.

Craig is easy to get along with. He offers personal advise if you want. He can also do different kinds of ceremonies. We both felt that he really listened to all of our wishes and did everything in his power to make our day exactly the way we wanted. He wrote us a very personal and beautiful speech as well.

We were both VERY satisfied with the ceremony and can highly recomend 'Craig does Weddings' to other couples.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Alyssa · Married on 08/13/2016

Craig officiated our wedding in La Jolla this past August and we were so happy he was the one to marry us! We were pretty bummed when we found out my childhood reverend was busy the weekend of our wedding, so we started looking into officiants to hire. Craig came highly recommended by our coordinator. We interviewed Craig and one other officiant, and immediately knew we wanted to hire Craig. Hiring a stranger to marry you seems a bit strange, but Craig goes out of his way to get to know you as a couple and he immediately put us at ease. He has a bunch of ways you can customize the ceremony, which was great. He also has a nice structure for the ceremony in place, so you don’t have to do too much work in planning your perfect ceremony. The actual wedding day was so great - everyone kept commenting on how wonderful Craig was, how it seemed like he’d known us forever, and how beautiful the ceremony was. We can’t recommend Craig highly enough!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/06/2016

Craig doesn't just "do" weddings, Craig does meaningful, funny, personal and memorable weddings. My husband and I walked into planning our wedding ceremony completely blind, having no real clue specifically what we wanted or didn't want. Living out of state, we met Craig via Skype. He made us feel extremely comfortable and guided us through the entire ceremony planning process so without meeting him in person, we hired him! It was obvious he had done this a few times before and was a true expert. We were blown away and so pleased with the amazing ceremony he put together for us. It exceeded anything we could have wished for. He was articulate, funny and performed a memorable ceremony for my husband and I. We are so happy we chose Craig to do our wedding!! Thanks, Craig!!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Shawna · Married on 07/30/2016

We loved working with Craig! He got our sense of humor right away and asked important questions to make our ceremony very personal and reflect us as a couple. He was very accommodating to our wishes and offered suggestions for the areas we hadn't thought of. Our venue provided a "day of coordinator" (we didn't meet this person until rehearsal), that ended up being extremely pushy and it was very nice to have Craig as our advocate to step in with directions for the bridal party when we were not around to supervise. Thank you Craig, for making our ceremony so special!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Ryan · Married on 11/15/2015

Craig was an Amazing officiant. I would recommend him to anyone looking for someone to officiate there wedding. He is Funny, yet serious, and relaxed at the same time. He has a commanding voice that everyone can hear, but does not take away from your day. We had our wedding on Coronado Island, and we were driving in from Arizona with all of our family. He met with a few times via face time to get to know us and hear about our story. He was truly interested in giving us an Exceptional ceremony. Far from your typical walk into Vegas and get married say a few lines and its done. Craig has many idea's he laid out for us in a packet that he E-mailed us. Things we could choose from based on his years of experience, or if we wanted something of our own done we just told him about it. He was very prompt to everything and had great communication. You cannot go wrong choosing Craig for your wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/15/2015

Craig is amazing. I knew after five minutes of talking to him that he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. He was extremely supportive of whatever we wanted to do. We have family all with very different religions and are not religious ourselves, but Craig provided a beautiful non-religious reading. Our guests are still raving about how great he was. He delivered the perfect combination of humor and sentimental words. He set such a good tone for the entire wedding. Most importantly, he was just a good person who made us feel completely at ease (we had no clue what we were doing).

Sent on 08/31/2015

Jason and Nicole · Married on 07/26/2015

Craig was awesome, very professional and friendly, we lived just over 2 hours away so we did most of the pre wedding interviews over the phone though he did offer to meet part way if we wanted to do a face to face. He was very nice and patient with us he let us know what our options were and reminded us that it was our day and it was only us who should chose the options, he didn't push us into anything but did give good advice when we asked for it. We did do one face to face at the wedding venue and after meeting him it just reassured how we already felt, he was perfect for our wedding. To this day when we reminisce about our wedding with people who were there, time and time again they tell us how impressed they were with our officiant, If you are in the area an looking, we highly recommend Craig, worth every penny, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2015

Craig is unbelievable! From start to finish, working with Craig was an absolutely joy.

Craig sat down with us over coffee to talk about who we are as individuals and to talk about our relationship. He truly cared about getting to know us before we even talked about the wedding day. When we did discuss the wedding day, he immediately made us feel so comfortable and excited for the day!

Craig helped us to plan our ceremony to perfection. He gave great insight into how things would best flow and even gave great suggestions regarding seating of families. Our ceremony flowed seamlessly, because of Craig.

I couldn't imagine having had anyone else officiate our wedding. I highly recommend Craig. So many, still, tell us how wonderful the ceremony was.

Don't even bother looking anywhere else. Craig is the best!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jayme · Married on 05/30/2015

Not only does he create a personal perfect ceremony, he assists in organizing the ceremony and has suggestions for making everything run smoothly. His voice and presentation are awesome. We received many compliments about him.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Craig was so great. Each planning meeting we had, he came prepared with paperwork, outlines or worksheets that helped us organize the perfect ceremony. After the ceremony, we had so many guests compliment his words of wisdom and ask us how we knew him - we didnt have the heart to tell them that we found Craig on a wedding website! It sure didnt feel that way, it felt like we had known him for years.

Sent on 04/17/2015

Natalie · Married on 09/28/2014

I did not shop around for an officiant. I read a few reviews on Craig and immediately knew that he was the guy. He is kind, entertaining and professional. He made the wedding ceremony fun and quick. I believe that the ceremony was only 30 minutes. The guest enjoyed the humor that he threw in and I enjoyed how well he crafted the speech. He has the finesse to please everyone. The ceremony was elegant and tasteful. If you need an officiant Craig is your guy.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Antoinette · Married on 08/02/2014

Pastor Craig is such a wonderful person. I hired him for our wedding in August. I was blown away with his sermon. His words were amazing and made it perfect for our big day. Touched my heart, my husband's and probably the rest of guests who were there for our big day. I would highly recommend him to any couple who is looking for one. Thank you much!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Seth · Married on 06/22/2014

We feel extremely fortunate that Craig happened to be available when we had an issue with our original officiant just 10 days before wedding.

Craig is professional, responsive, mature, and down to earth (no games or narcissism--he understands that your wedding is an important occasion for you and your family and guests, and that it isn't all about him). In short, he's a "mensch."

Despite the short notice, Craig was able to give us just the ceremony we had hoped for. You could tell that he was really connecting with the guests and not just going through the motions. It also impressed me that he went out of his way to be helpful whenever possible. Bottom line: We would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding in San Diego!

Sent on 08/20/2014

melissa · Married on 06/06/2014

In the early stages of our planning, my husband and I were adamant on using a friend or family member to marry us because we wanted that 'intimate' feel that we wanted to make our ceremony meaningful. As we got closer to our wedding we realized it was going to be tough to find a friend or family member that knew what they were doing! We decided to research officiants to see what results we got and decided to meet with Craig. Upon our first causal meeting with him, we knew before we even got back to the car that this was a definite YES! The vibe and personality Craig has just makes you feel like he's an old family friend that we'd known for years! and the more we worked with him the more we knew he was going to help make our wedding great. He met with us a couple times to learn about our relationship and family, then attended our wedding rehearsal to ensure everyone felt absolutely comfortable with their responsibilities the day of- then during our actual ceremony he was so calm and just made the whole thing feel exactly how it was supposed to- family and friends coming together to have a good time and celebrate love! I could not have been more pleased with Craig- he really made us feel so special and we are continuing to receive compliments on how GREAT he was. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect

Sent on 06/11/2014

Lynnea · Married on 08/31/2013

If we could give Craig more than 5 stars, we absolutely would. We really can't begin to thank Craig enough for being an essential part of our wedding ceremony. Numerous guests came up to us during our reception with compliments about Craig's meaningful, genuine, and insipiring words. We know many of our family and friends will remember our wedding in part because they enjoyed the ceremony so much.

When we first met Craig, he took the time to ask questions and get to know us - we felt really comfortable with him and it was like we had known him for years. When we couldn't decide between traditional vows or something more contemporary, Craig helped us merge the two so everything we wanted was included. He also attended and ran the rehearsal the day before the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. After the wedding ceremony, Craig even stayed to help our photographer coordinate formal pictures with our extended family.

My husband and I spent a lot of time researching officiants, as we believed an officiant can make or break the wedding ceremony. Craig went above and beyond all our expectations and we would highly recommend him to any family or friends. Thank you so much Craig!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Mat · Married on 08/11/2012

My wife and I completely recommend Craig for you're seeking someone to preside over your ceremony. He was fantastically helpful in the planning and met with us a few times, each meeting a productive and enjoyable one. He also attended our rehearsal, something not all officiants do these days, and it meant a lot to us.

During the ceremony, Craig was just the right amount of funny and had a great deal of advice for us and his philosophy on married life is absolutely on point. We really appreciate Craig and everything he did to help us make our wedding special.

Sent on 08/29/2012