Craig Does Weddings Reviews

24 | El Cajon, CA

24 Reviews for Craig Does Weddings

24 Craig Does Weddings Reviews

Nikole · Married on 06/01/2018

Look no further, Craig is absolutely AMAZING! He was so helpful and responsive throughout the planning process and really took the time to get to know our story and personalities. He helped customize the ceremony to fit our vision and had tons of great suggestions when we weren't sure exactly what we wanted to do.

We received tons of comments from our guests about how flawless our ceremony was. Most of them thought we had known Craig for ages, that's how well he captured us. We would recommend Craig a thousand times over, he exceeded our expectations by a long shot and his services are worth every penny.

Melissa · Married on 08/26/2017

Best officiant ever!!! He has so much experience and loves what he does. He customizes the ceremony to reflect you as a couple. He took the time to really get to know us to make our ceremony amazing. We still get comments about how unique the ceremony was and how much they enjoyed listening to Craig and his words. Highly recommend him for your big day!!!

Ashley · Married on 07/01/2017

Craig was awesome to work with! Our wedding guests came up to us all night long commenting on how much they enjoyed Craig and how personal our ceremony was. My husband and I are laid back and were looking for someone with a good sense of humor and Craig was the perfect fit to lead our ceremony! He was also very organized and professional throughout the entire planning process and leading the rehearsal. My husband and I really enjoyed working with Craig and felt honored to have him be a part of our special day. We both highly recommend him to any couple looking for an incredible officiant.

kellyn · Married on 11/04/2016

I could not have asked for a better officiant. For me the ceremony it was the most important part of the wedding, and I wanted to have something that it would make people emotional but also make people laugh, and with Craig we just got it all, he had the right words for all the moments and our guests loved it. It was super easy to work with Craig he responds fast which I know as a bride we really appreciate that, he is so charismatic and sweet and funny. We had two meetings with him and all of them helped us design the ceremony of our dreams. My husband and I are not super religious we do believe in God and follow kindness and love every step in life but I was hesitant to hire a pastor and be forced to have a more traditional ceremony with lots of bible reading and bible references. But Craig listened to what type of ceremony we were looking for and just gave us the perfect amount of blessing exactly what we were looking for which amazed me how in tune with our wishes he was. Thank you Craig for making our day ultra special.

Johanna-Maria · Married on 10/27/2016

We are a 40+ couple from Sweden who got married in San Diego this past Oktober. We wanted a small intimate ceremony. We heard about Craig from a family member who lives in SD.

Craig is easy to get along with. He offers personal advise if you want. He can also do different kinds of ceremonies. We both felt that he really listened to all of our wishes and did everything in his power to make our day exactly the way we wanted. He wrote us a very personal and beautiful speech as well.

We were both VERY satisfied with the ceremony and can highly recomend 'Craig does Weddings' to other couples.

Alyssa · Married on 08/13/2016

Craig officiated our wedding in La Jolla this past August and we were so happy he was the one to marry us! We were pretty bummed when we found out my childhood reverend was busy the weekend of our wedding, so we started looking into officiants to hire. Craig came highly recommended by our coordinator. We interviewed Craig and one other officiant, and immediately knew we wanted to hire Craig. Hiring a stranger to marry you seems a bit strange, but Craig goes out of his way to get to know you as a couple and he immediately put us at ease. He has a bunch of ways you can customize the ceremony, which was great. He also has a nice structure for the ceremony in place, so you don’t have to do too much work in planning your perfect ceremony. The actual wedding day was so great - everyone kept commenting on how wonderful Craig was, how it seemed like he’d known us forever, and how beautiful the ceremony was. We can’t recommend Craig highly enough!

Melissa · Married on 08/06/2016

Craig doesn't just "do" weddings, Craig does meaningful, funny, personal and memorable weddings. My husband and I walked into planning our wedding ceremony completely blind, having no real clue specifically what we wanted or didn't want. Living out of state, we met Craig via Skype. He made us feel extremely comfortable and guided us through the entire ceremony planning process so without meeting him in person, we hired him! It was obvious he had done this a few times before and was a true expert. We were blown away and so pleased with the amazing ceremony he put together for us. It exceeded anything we could have wished for. He was articulate, funny and performed a memorable ceremony for my husband and I. We are so happy we chose Craig to do our wedding!! Thanks, Craig!!

Shawna · Married on 07/30/2016

We loved working with Craig! He got our sense of humor right away and asked important questions to make our ceremony very personal and reflect us as a couple. He was very accommodating to our wishes and offered suggestions for the areas we hadn't thought of. Our venue provided a "day of coordinator" (we didn't meet this person until rehearsal), that ended up being extremely pushy and it was very nice to have Craig as our advocate to step in with directions for the bridal party when we were not around to supervise. Thank you Craig, for making our ceremony so special!

Ryan · Married on 11/15/2015

Craig was an Amazing officiant. I would recommend him to anyone looking for someone to officiate there wedding. He is Funny, yet serious, and relaxed at the same time. He has a commanding voice that everyone can hear, but does not take away from your day. We had our wedding on Coronado Island, and we were driving in from Arizona with all of our family. He met with a few times via face time to get to know us and hear about our story. He was truly interested in giving us an Exceptional ceremony. Far from your typical walk into Vegas and get married say a few lines and its done. Craig has many idea's he laid out for us in a packet that he E-mailed us. Things we could choose from based on his years of experience, or if we wanted something of our own done we just told him about it. He was very prompt to everything and had great communication. You cannot go wrong choosing Craig for your wedding.

Lindsay · Married on 08/15/2015

Craig is amazing. I knew after five minutes of talking to him that he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. He was extremely supportive of whatever we wanted to do. We have family all with very different religions and are not religious ourselves, but Craig provided a beautiful non-religious reading. Our guests are still raving about how great he was. He delivered the perfect combination of humor and sentimental words. He set such a good tone for the entire wedding. Most importantly, he was just a good person who made us feel completely at ease (we had no clue what we were doing).

Jason and Nicole · Married on 07/26/2015

Craig was awesome, very professional and friendly, we lived just over 2 hours away so we did most of the pre wedding interviews over the phone though he did offer to meet part way if we wanted to do a face to face. He was very nice and patient with us he let us know what our options were and reminded us that it was our day and it was only us who should chose the options, he didn't push us into anything but did give good advice when we asked for it. We did do one face to face at the wedding venue and after meeting him it just reassured how we already felt, he was perfect for our wedding. To this day when we reminisce about our wedding with people who were there, time and time again they tell us how impressed they were with our officiant, If you are in the area an looking, we highly recommend Craig, worth every penny, you won't be disappointed!

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2015

Craig is unbelievable! From start to finish, working with Craig was an absolutely joy.

Craig sat down with us over coffee to talk about who we are as individuals and to talk about our relationship. He truly cared about getting to know us before we even talked about the wedding day. When we did discuss the wedding day, he immediately made us feel so comfortable and excited for the day!

Craig helped us to plan our ceremony to perfection. He gave great insight into how things would best flow and even gave great suggestions regarding seating of families. Our ceremony flowed seamlessly, because of Craig.

I couldn't imagine having had anyone else officiate our wedding. I highly recommend Craig. So many, still, tell us how wonderful the ceremony was.

Don't even bother looking anywhere else. Craig is the best!

Jayme · Married on 05/30/2015

Not only does he create a personal perfect ceremony, he assists in organizing the ceremony and has suggestions for making everything run smoothly. His voice and presentation are awesome. We received many compliments about him.

Craig was so great. Each planning meeting we had, he came prepared with paperwork, outlines or worksheets that helped us organize the perfect ceremony. After the ceremony, we had so many guests compliment his words of wisdom and ask us how we knew him - we didnt have the heart to tell them that we found Craig on a wedding website! It sure didnt feel that way, it felt like we had known him for years.

Natalie · Married on 09/28/2014

I did not shop around for an officiant. I read a few reviews on Craig and immediately knew that he was the guy. He is kind, entertaining and professional. He made the wedding ceremony fun and quick. I believe that the ceremony was only 30 minutes. The guest enjoyed the humor that he threw in and I enjoyed how well he crafted the speech. He has the finesse to please everyone. The ceremony was elegant and tasteful. If you need an officiant Craig is your guy.

Antoinette · Married on 08/02/2014

Pastor Craig is such a wonderful person. I hired him for our wedding in August. I was blown away with his sermon. His words were amazing and made it perfect for our big day. Touched my heart, my husband's and probably the rest of guests who were there for our big day. I would highly recommend him to any couple who is looking for one. Thank you much!

Seth · Married on 06/22/2014

We feel extremely fortunate that Craig happened to be available when we had an issue with our original officiant just 10 days before wedding.

Craig is professional, responsive, mature, and down to earth (no games or narcissism--he understands that your wedding is an important occasion for you and your family and guests, and that it isn't all about him). In short, he's a "mensch."

Despite the short notice, Craig was able to give us just the ceremony we had hoped for. You could tell that he was really connecting with the guests and not just going through the motions. It also impressed me that he went out of his way to be helpful whenever possible. Bottom line: We would highly recommend him to anyone planning a wedding in San Diego!

melissa · Married on 06/06/2014

In the early stages of our planning, my husband and I were adamant on using a friend or family member to marry us because we wanted that 'intimate' feel that we wanted to make our ceremony meaningful. As we got closer to our wedding we realized it was going to be tough to find a friend or family member that knew what they were doing! We decided to research officiants to see what results we got and decided to meet with Craig. Upon our first causal meeting with him, we knew before we even got back to the car that this was a definite YES! The vibe and personality Craig has just makes you feel like he's an old family friend that we'd known for years! and the more we worked with him the more we knew he was going to help make our wedding great. He met with us a couple times to learn about our relationship and family, then attended our wedding rehearsal to ensure everyone felt absolutely comfortable with their responsibilities the day of- then during our actual ceremony he was so calm and just made the whole thing feel exactly how it was supposed to- family and friends coming together to have a good time and celebrate love! I could not have been more pleased with Craig- he really made us feel so special and we are continuing to receive compliments on how GREAT he was. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect

Lynnea · Married on 08/31/2013

If we could give Craig more than 5 stars, we absolutely would. We really can't begin to thank Craig enough for being an essential part of our wedding ceremony. Numerous guests came up to us during our reception with compliments about Craig's meaningful, genuine, and insipiring words. We know many of our family and friends will remember our wedding in part because they enjoyed the ceremony so much.

When we first met Craig, he took the time to ask questions and get to know us - we felt really comfortable with him and it was like we had known him for years. When we couldn't decide between traditional vows or something more contemporary, Craig helped us merge the two so everything we wanted was included. He also attended and ran the rehearsal the day before the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. After the wedding ceremony, Craig even stayed to help our photographer coordinate formal pictures with our extended family.

My husband and I spent a lot of time researching officiants, as we believed an officiant can make or break the wedding ceremony. Craig went above and beyond all our expectations and we would highly recommend him to any family or friends. Thank you so much Craig!

Mat · Married on 08/11/2012

My wife and I completely recommend Craig for you're seeking someone to preside over your ceremony. He was fantastically helpful in the planning and met with us a few times, each meeting a productive and enjoyable one. He also attended our rehearsal, something not all officiants do these days, and it meant a lot to us.

During the ceremony, Craig was just the right amount of funny and had a great deal of advice for us and his philosophy on married life is absolutely on point. We really appreciate Craig and everything he did to help us make our wedding special.

blake · Married on 05/12/2012

My husband and I were on a hunt for an officiant who was passionate but not stuffy, fun but serious. I came across Craig's website and could not wait to meet him. I will start with this... My husband is not one to “talk about his feelings” and on our way to meet Craig for the first time, my husband was under the impression that it was going to be a “quick” interview and we hire him. I explained to my husband that Craig wants to get to know us and be more than just a “hired” officiant. He wanted to be more personal, well my husband was not happy. He did not want to “talk about his feelings” BUT...when we met Craig, something incredible happened. My husband OPEND up like a book and poured out his heart!!! He talked more than me (and thats a lot)! He said he felt so comfortable with Craig and he was right. Craig is warm hearted and REAL! We hired him on the spot. Planning the ceremony was amazing and leading up to the wedding was so perfect, he was great to work with. I cannot even begin to say how amazing Craig was for our ceremony. Usually the guests cannot wait to get to the party part of the wedding but everyone could not get over how amazing the ceremony was. We had guests that had only ever attended church wedding’s and said this was the best ceremony they had ever been to! The ceremony was not only the best moment in my husbands and my life but all of the couples that attended felt like they were brought closer to their partners. The words Craig said were honest, real, and passionate. People thought that Craig was our minister for the past several years because it was intimate and special. He was more than words can describe. Craig, I cannot come up with words to express how wonderful you were! Thank you for making our ceremony so special. We have already deiced to watch our ceremony back every anniversary because the words you delivered make our relationship stronger every time we hear them!!!

• renata

renata · Married on 09/10/2011

Craig was a little more pricy then the average officiant but he was absolutely worth every penny. He met with us several times before the wedding, he attended our rehearsal, and he was on time for the wedding. Additionally, he was able to provide a lot of helpful material to guide us in creating our own personal ceremony exactly the way we wanted it. The actual ceremony lasted about 20 minutes and it was simply perfect. He added classy humor to his heart felt messages and his voice was deep and powerful. Additionally, even though i'm not extremely into organized religion, it was important to my family that our officiant had a religious background and that he/she didn't just receive a license off line that anyone can obtain within 30 minutes. Craig had this background and he was willing to incorporate religion to whichever degree we desired. Honestly, he was absolutely perfect. I wholeheartedly recommend him.

We're glad we went with Craig. Throughout the entire process, he kept in good communication and was very organized, flexible, and focused on making our wedding personal and unique.