Corinne's Catering Reviews

4 | Riverhead, NY

4 Reviews for Corinne's Catering

Jane · Married on 08/23/2014

Corinne was so great to work with. She did everything she could to accommodate our every need and we are so grateful to her and our staff for making the food and drinks at our wedding so great. The food and wedding cake was amazing. We had a couple of miscommunication hiccups in the 2 days
    Leading up to the wedding, but she more than made up for it the day of. Corinne only hires and works with the best. We will absolutely be using her the next time we host a big party.

Sent on 08/31/2014

Calesher · Married on 08/16/2015

My husband and I found Corrine unfortunately after I booked a caterer. Not unfortunate because of the service they provided but because they were so awesome compared to the caterer I hired. From the beginning, I meet Corrine at her family run business; she was the cutest little lady I meet. She was so understanding about what I wanted specifically from the bar service, what I needed her to provide and the price range I was willing to do it in. Once we settled on the service, she made it easy for me to pay in installments. The event, Corrine’s son Jarid and a worker, Mario, were the bartenders for the event. They came on time to set up and from the beginning of cocktail hour to the end of the reception when they needed to leave there was never an empty glass. They were so awesome that a few family & friends asked what company they worked for. They were so nice and pleasant and Mario even stepped up to help the caterer. I think at one time he was helping to clear dishes off the table. After they packed up, they left a few goodies and I couldn’t have been happier. I’m sure if I booked them for a full catering service they would have been amazing. Definitely a company I would use in the future for other events.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Liza · Married on 07/09/2011

2.8
      3.0
      1.0

Mixed reviews. Corinne is difficult to work with but they did a good job. Some practices regarding money were not professional at all. The food was good the professionalism was poor. The presentation on the day was good also.

Sent on 03/16/2012

Carrie · Married on 01/24/2012

2.5
      0.5
      1.0

I was going to give them 1 star for sure, because of how inflexible they were leading up to the event, and how flat out RUDE the owner Corinne was to me. However, when they showed up at the event, the on-site staff was lovely, efficient and kind, and the food was good. So their two stars are strictly for execution.

Here are some important things to understand if you want to use this caterer:
    1. Their menu prices that they list on the website are not accurate, and are actually all about 10-30% higher than what's listed. So when I went to budget for my event, it all looked so reasonable! Then the actual order came through and everything was a higher price. I asked the sales manager to honor the prices on the website and she said no way... their prices are all "subject to change".
    2. They are totally inflexible with their prices. Now look, I get that everyone has to make a living. But $5 per person for iced tea and lemonade? Preposterous. I asked for several over-inflated prices to be tapped down a bit and the answer was always NO. This is quite unusual as most caterers will meet in the middle on some items in order to make the client happy.
    3. Corinne has a snotty attitude and left me feeling sorry that I gave her any revenue. She gave me incorrect information about payment, and then reneged on what she initially told me regarding payment terms. She is the owner! She is in charge, yet refused to honor her word. Plus, she kept referring to my event (which was not a wedding, but instead an memorial service luncheon) as a "party" and said "your party is too last minute, it has to be this way". Yes, Corinne, memorial events usually are planned last minute. And no, they are not "parties". And most caterers are happy for the business and can handle small events with a basic menu with ONE WEEK'S notice.

As I mentioned, the on-site servers were fantastic and the food was OK. The presentation was lacking. No sign cards for sandwiches or dishes so guests had no idea what anything was. Other caterers do much better with those small details. They were efficient with set up and clean up, though.

As an engaged bride, I will definitely not be using them for my wedding.

Sent on 02/13/2012