98 Reviews for Conquest Entertainment - DJ & Photo Booth

Uplighting (5)
Liability Insurance (3)
Video Projection (1)
Projector (1)

DJ Joel provided the BEST services for our wedding! From the first time he responded to my email inquiry, I knew we would be in good hands. If I had to describe Joel in 3 words it would be organized, passionate, and professional. I was very impressed by his very quick responses and the first time we met him it was clear that not only is he an incredible DJ, he LOVES what he does. He tailored the night to fit us exactly. He listened to what we wanted/needed and also was helpful at giving suggestions when we were stuck. He coordinated with our other vendors to make sure timing was right and that our photographer wouldn't miss anything important. The music was great (not only because we picked it), but because he read our guests well and kept people on the dance floor the whole night. The acoustics of our venue were challenging because it was an old brick/wood venue that eats up the audio but the sound was perfect all night. Joel also overcame the challenge of the layout of our venue because it allowed people to hang out in another room and he still kept people dancing!

We received many compliments about the music and the flow of the music throughout the night. Also, there are so many behind-the-scenes operations that Joel handled seamlessly. We also rented a photobooth which, at one point we were on the fence about. I don't regret for a second that we went with the photobooth. Our friends and family had so much fun with the props and it was convenient to get digital copies of all the pictures from the night.

Although choosing a DJ shouldn't ever come down to price, it was super helpful that Joel's prices are flexible and 1000% worth the value. I'd choose Joel over and over for any events I would need a DJ for. You will NOT regret hiring him.

Thanks Joel!!!

Profile Picture User7014930, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

It has been 7 months since my wedding and people are STILL saying how it was the best wedding Dj they’ve heard! He knew how to feel the crowd out and play the right music!!!

He had so much knowledge in the wedding industry and helped me with questions outside of just the music!

I couldnt Have had a better experience!!!!!

Profile Picture Lea, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Joel was a great DJ. He touched base with us multiple times and invited us to ask our guests for song suggestions before the event. He kept everyone dancing all night! We also never had to think about what we were supposed to be doing, since Joel also kept us clued in to where we were on the schedule for the night.

Profile Picture Suzi, 10/21/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Joel was awesome! We contacted and hired Joel because he had DJ'ed at a friend's wedding and we'd spent the whole night on the dance floor. And our wedding was no different! Joel has obviously done this a few times before and has the whole thing down to a science. He has great online tools to help you build your song request list and was very communicative about what information he needed from us to have the day of the wedding go smoothly. The ceremony music went off without a hitch, the dinner music had all of our faves, and the dancing music kept our guests on the dance floor all night. The ladies manning the photo booth table were great too. The scrapbook that came away from that is full of great photos and sentiments.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Joel was fantastic! He kept our dance floor full all night long. There wasn't a single moment when the dance floor was empty. He did a great job with explaining everything to us when we met prior to the wedding and responded to emails very quickly with any questions we had. He also had a link where wedding guests were able to request songs prior to the event which was a great way to get our guests to request songs they liked. I would highly recommend Conquest Entertainment to anyone that is in the area!

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Joel is an awesome DJ!!! He was great at our wedding and reception. He help us to come up with some great ideas and the photo booth was a big hit. My guest loved it. Everyone said they had so much fun and that the DO was great. The price was affordable. I would highly recommend. Joel was great to work with. Thank you sooo much Joel!!!!!!

Profile Picture Cynthia , 6/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Joel for our wedding last weekend and I'm so glad we found him! Joel came highly recommended by my husband's coworker who used his services in their wedding. We got more than we expected with him, even with the great recommendation! I told Joel in the beginning that my biggest priority was making sure our friends and family had a blast at our wedding. He assured me that whether the dance floor was packed all night or everyone was just mingling with each other and enjoying the music, that everyone will have a good time! And he was right! The dance floor was never empty and he made our guests feel comfortable enough to come up and request songs. He was affordable on our small budget and helped us out with our wedding being on a Sunday. He was very responsive to all of my texts and emails and helped keep us on track. He gave us great advice on what he thought would work or how to execute our ideas better. His website was super easy to use and allowed our guests to log-in and leave requests. Joel was so fun to work with, he even would come and find us throughout the night just to check on us and see how we were doing! If you need a DJ for your wedding, Joel is your guy!!!

Profile Picture Clare, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer

This DJ was awesome. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Bob , 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Video Projection

Thank you so much for your hard work! You were able to put together a Daddy daughter mashup for my daughter's wedding at the very last minute. You were truly a miracle worker and made the reception a hit with the special dance music. Although this was a last minute decision and didn't give you much time to work, you spent extra time with me on the phone giving me wedding and reception tips to help make my daughter's day the best day ever! I can't begin to THANK YOU enough for all you did! Your online reviews were 100% accurate and gave me peace of mind in choosing to work with you even though I live in North Carolina. I will recommend you to everyone I know! Thank you again!

Profile Picture Jodi, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

From start to finish, Joel was very helpful with sharing ideas and where to start with music. His website was very user friendly and guided us through everything we wouldn't have thought of doing where music is concerned. His website also allowed for guests to go on and request songs instead of having to request during the event. He did an amazing job and was very professional and ensuring we stayed on track with the timeline. Joel did such a great job, the dance floor was never empty. The photobooth was also a fantastic idea-I highly recommend Conquest Entertainment for any event!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Our DJ Joel was superb. He engaged us early on to learn about our reception needs and our musical tastes. His professionalism and advance preparation were very impressive and he helped make our reception a huge success. Joel is very knowledgable about music, weddings and receptions and isnt afraid to share his thoughts or suggestions. You will not find a better DJ - we highly recommend Joel for your next event.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Joel as our DJ for our wedding six months ago, and we couldn't have been happier with his work!

When we first talked to him on the phone, we were impressed with his enthusiasm and his clear passion for his work-- we booked him that same day because we were so confident in our decision. He was incredibly available from the moment we booked him until the day of our wedding-- he was always ready and willing to help brainstorm ideas and he was great about making sure every detail was taken care of in advance. His website was super thorough and helped us to create the perfect playlist for our wedding (with categories like "must play" and "never play", which I liked!). I'm a very last minute person and Joel was super understanding of that and accommodated that in every way possible.

On the day of our wedding, Joel showed up on time and even helped tape down our aisle runner for the ceremony when he saw people struggling with it! He made sure to talk to our officiant ahead of time, to get on the same page for the wedding ceremony and was incredibly self sufficient in setting everything up and being 100% prepared by the start of the ceremony. He flawlessly executed the music for our ceremony and he did an amazing job as our DJ for the duration of our wedding reception afterward. He had great energy and he read our guests well, playing music that kept people on the dance floor the whole night. Our guests were raving about him afterward and commented on how much fun he added to the night.

If you're looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and experienced DJ, look no further than Conquest Entertainment! We're SO glad we booked Joel- he truly made our wedding ceremony and reception everything we wanted it to be.

Profile Picture Anna, 11/25/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Joel was awesome! I was struggling to find a DJ in my price range and when I came across Conquest-Entertainment I was THRILLED. Joel was great to work with. He kept in touch with me up to the day to make sure he knew what I wanted out of his DJ services. We met in person once and communicated via phone or email the rest of the time and it worked out well. On the day of, he was there almost two hours early to set up and mingle with my guests to get an idea of what would get them going when it came time for dancing. He had a great presence and when it came time to dance, the floor was packed ALL NIGHT! One of my biggest concerns with hiring a DJ was that they wouldn't keep my guests dancing, but Joel did not disappoint! 10/10, would recommend, would hire again. Thank you, Joel!

Profile Picture Georgia, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Joel from Conquest entertainment was great! We actually booked him before we had even finished looking at venues. We found him on this website and had planned on meeting with him and a couple of other dj's but the second we started talking to him we knew he was the one! He was super helpful with everything! We were obviously new to this so didn't know what to ask and he made sure to answer every question we didn't know we had. We emailed back and forth for over a year and he always answered me that night or the very next day. We also talked a few times over the phone and he had an online program that really helped make things easier. We also ended up getting the photo booth that he provides and that was awesome! Our guests really liked that. I would highly recommend him! He knew exactly what kind of music my husband and I and the guests were into and people still come up to me and tell me how great of a DJ I had that night. I honestly couldn't of been happier with him.

Profile Picture Evelyn, 9/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Conquest as the DJ for our wedding and Joel was absolutely amazing! From the very first meeting, he listened to everything we wanted and what we liked and gave really great suggestions. Throughout the time leading up to the wedding, Joel kept in touch and did several phone calls to check in and update my plans. The portal that Conquest has is amazing and it helps you lay out every detail. The day of the wedding, Joel exceeded my expectations! He kept events moving along at the reception and helped make everything so perfect. He played all the songs we wanted him to and took great requests from guests. My greatest fear was an empty dance floor, but he kept the floor packed the entire night! I highly recommend booking Conquest. The professionalism and quality you receive is top notch.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/6/16, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ

Me and my wife originally booked with Joel Quest, at Conquest entertainment, and since he couldn't Dj our event, due to a previous obligation, he referred us to his friend "DJ Jeff". Both DJ Jeff with Boulder Terrace Sound and Joel worked with us on our wedding, and they were so supportive and gave great ideas and insight for our big day. We both felt like they were our wedding reception planners, and they took a ton of stress off of our backs before the wedding and during that night. Jeff was an amazing DJ, he was very professional, and went around to our guests and introduced himself. Also, he was a great DJ, flat out. I admit I was skeptical about why I would pay for a DJ when I could make a playlist myself, but it was wellllll worth it. It was a great day and a great night thanks to these guys!

Profile Picture Nicholas, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Joel was a pleasure to work with for our wedding, my wife and I could not have been happier. Joel made the experience easy and stress-free for us by giving us timely reminders and helpful tips. There are a lot of details that go into choosing music for a wedding and without Joel's help I think we would have been overwhelmed. As for the wedding itself, Joel did a fantastic job balancing our music tastes with requests from our guests and the dance floor was packed all night! My wife and I absolutely recommend Joel for anyone looking to hire a DJ!

Profile Picture Pat, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We really liked Joel a great deal when we enlisted him for our wedding in June 2016. What we enjoyed most about him were as follows: His attention to detail, the time that he spent on us, his punctuality, and his flexibility. It was clear to me that he wanted to do a great job, and took an interest in us and in all details related to our event. While we didn't have very many last minute changes, we did have some special requests, and Joel was able to accommodate each without any hassle. I'd highly recommend him to anybody.

Profile Picture Christopher, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Joel was just an amazing DJ. He listened closely to what we liked and our music styles, even planned a special surprise for me with my father. He kept the dance floor packed all night and is always available to assist in decisions or help with choices. Every song was perfect. Thank you Joel!!!

Profile Picture User4748741, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Joel was professional, organized, and helpful in making our wedding reception flawless. Our guests had a fantastic time and the dance floor was full all night (pretty rare). He kept the music bumping and made timely announcements. Everything flowed well - 10/10.

Profile Picture Nathan, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Joel was an amazing DJ from start to finish. He came to our home twice, first, sat down with us and went over every detail and got a feel for what we wanted. Gave us some very good suggestions. The website he provided was a great tool in choosing our music. Kept in touch throughout and came back just before our big day to finalize eveything. We found him to be very professional and would recommend him for any event!

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Joel was absolutely incredible to work with. The DJ is probably the most important element of a wedding reception behind the venue, and we spent a very significant amount of time researching and interviewing potential vendors. Ultimately, Joel was an easy pick, and we went in with high expectations that he was able to somehow exceed. He worked hard with us to find ways to make our reception unique, engaging, and fun in ways that we would feel comfortable with; in fact, going beyond “cookie cutter” seemed like a personal quest for him. His song list request/customization tool was extremely thorough and helpful, which we especially appreciated with our somewhat unique (and very particular) tastes. Joel was also extremely responsive and flexible: his communication and organization were excellent, he coordinated with our venue and multiple other vendors seamlessly, and he was even able to accommodate a (very) last minute request by the bridal party for a video display which was in no way part of our agreement. The photo booth was far beyond what we expected; the photo strips were completely customizable (including a background we provided) and the attendant was so personable he could have been mistaken for a guest. Finally, Joel provided a very high value package that compared favorably in both feature and quality to many DJ's with higher price points. It was wonderful to have a DJ who clearly loves music as much as we do, and he was easily one of the best decisions we made.

Profile Picture Gene, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Favors & Gifts, Lighting & Decor

Joel was awesome! Very professional and helpful. Couldn't recommend him enough.

Profile Picture Jill, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

DJ Quest was amazing. Not only was the service he provided for our wedding in Bolingbrook on 11:14:15 but he went above and beyond. At the last minute we had an issue with the projector and slideshow. Something he wasn't suppose to be involved in but he helped out and fixed the issue. He was a great team player working with the other venders. DJ Quest was the key to making my wedding such a success and fun time! Music was great and dancing made it a night to remember. Thank you!

Profile Picture Jim, 11/14/15, 3 Reviews