84 Reviews for Confectionery Designs

Pastries (3)
Local (2)
Gluten Free (1)
84 Confectionery Designs Reviews

Marie Soliday is awesome to work with. She is completely professional, yet personal and greeted us with a smile. We could not have had a better experience. Our wedding cake was fantastic! We had so many compliments on not only the taste, but design and moistness. We also had Marie create a groom's carrot cake in the shape of an artist palette for our goodbye brunch the following day. The cake was absolutely beautiful and so special and creative. Our entire experience was just wonderful from start to finish.

Profile Picture Kim, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

How do we even begin to describe our experience with Confectionery Designs?! From our initial tasting to our pretzel display at our rehearsal dinner and FABULOUS dessert table at our wedding we had the most DELICIOUS and wonderful experience. Given that both my husband and I are a sucker for desserts and that his family was in the candy business, we wanted our wedding weekend to be as sweet as can be. The Confectionery Design team made sure all of our guests were very full and VERY happy. All of the treats were truly to die for and the displays were absolutely beautiful. Marie and Marc were SUCH a pleasure to work with - truly two of the nicest people. It's no wonder why Confectionery Design came highly recommend to us!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

Working with Mark and Marie was a wonderful experience. Marie was so helpful and responsive to all of our questions, her guidance and advice made a challenging process so much easier!! She helped us rethink our original plan to one which better suited our needs and saved us a considerable amount of money as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our tasting with Mark, it was so much fun and delicious!!

But of course, we have to talk about THE CAKE! The cake was gorgeous, a work of art! All of our guests were impressed by its presentation - the flowers were crafted so beautifully and edged in gold - truly stunning! It was almost a shame to cut it, but I’m glad we did because it was, (as promised by Mark), really delicious – the best wedding cake I have ever tasted!! The other desserts also deserve mention, not only were they also lovely to look at, they were even better to taste. Needless to say, we were thrilled with everything and couldn’t thank Mark and Marie enough. Not only did they deliver on a divine cake and desserts, they provided wonderful personal service and attention at a time when we needed it most. I highly recommend Confectionery Designs, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Helena, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Marie was a pleasure to work with, she helped my vision for a cake become reality, AND it was so delicious!!! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/2/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We tasted cakes from all the top vendors in our area and Confectionary Designs was by FAR the best, makes others obsolete. Marie and Mark were fantastic and so easy to work with. We wanted a custom design cake featuring different elements of my ring and dress. Mark was able to create a beautiful design that flawlessly combined both elements. We chose three flavors for our four tier cake and every bite was delicious, moist and had our guests looking for seconds. If you are looking for a buttercream cake that looks as perfect and flawless as fondant, Mark is the only person that can do this!!! We also had a few treats added to our dessert table, in a customized amount, those were also great.

Profile Picture ari, 8/27/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Dessert Buffet, Local, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We got married this past Thursday at Oceancliff in Newport. We found out about Confectionery Designs from all the gorgeous pictures on Instagram. I called and spoke to Marie who was so pleasant from beginning to end. Everything they did and made was beyond AMAZING!!! These s'mores donuts are still good two days later! And the macarons were so pretty, perfect, and delish! The cake, THE CAKE. Where do I even begin. From the perfectly tailored design insprires by my dress to the european ganache that wasn't too sweet. The cake was light and the filling was refreshingly sweet. Let's say everyone, including us, loved it and ate it all (Who says no one eats cake at weddings because our guests sure did!) just wanted to say thanks again for making our exceeding our expectations and vision for our wedding. You guys helped make it special!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Cakes, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I just recently celebrated my wedding at The Chanler in Newport and they highly recommended Confectionery Designs for my wedding. My wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and everything I had asked for. My guests are still raving about how delicious it was. They also made custom designed black and white bride and groom cookies for my wedding favors. The details on the cookies were impeccable. They were the perfect sweet treat for our guests to take home at the end of the night, and almost too beautiful to eat! I also ordered cupcakes for the kids which had the most amazing frosting! Mark and Marie were an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end. They are very friendly, sweet, & professional. They listened to exactly what my fiance and I had asked for down to the very last detail. I can't wait to go back next time I visit Newport to stop in the bakery for some delicious treats!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Cakes, Cookies

Confectionary Designs came highly recommended to us by our florist and venue. The wedding was held at Rosecliff Mansion and the cake was not only beautiful but was the best cake we ever tasted, including all 3 tiers and each tier was a different flavor! We also added donuts from Confetionary Designs for our guests. if you don't have the donuts at your affair you're really missing something that's not only fun but amazingly delicious! 5 Star baker!!!!

Profile Picture Eydie, 6/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Mark and Marie are an impressive dynamic duo when it comes to making wedding cake and welcome confection dream designs come true! My partner and I had prepared an understated elegant wedding cake design that incorporated gold leaf, antique gold/silver, design ribbon, and season appropriate floral. We also came prepared with an original idea for welcome confections.

Mark and Marie were open to our requests, worked with us on the planning/design, and perfected the flavors for cake and confections accordingly. Mark and Marie were highly recommended from our venue, The Chanler, and we proceeded to engage.

The flavors and design execution were flawless. The team was was incredibly responsive, hospitable, and eager to be challenged from a design perspective. As for costs, very reasonable and well worth every dollar.

Profile Picture Thomas, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were recently married on 4/29/17 at OceanCliff in Newport, and Mark and Marie Soliday of Confectionary Designs did both our wedding cake and favors (truffles in 7 varieties!). There are so many wonderful things about Confectionary Designs and the experience that we had with them...where do I begin?! From the first time we contacted Mark and Marie, after being referred to them by my cousin who is an event planner in Newport and swears by their cakes, we received such a prompt and pleasant response! Our favorite part of the wedding planning process was our cake tasting, where we sampled their delicious cakes with their incredibly unique fillings (oreo, chocolate hazelnut, Snickers, Reeses peanut butter cup to name a few...). When it came time to choose our cake and fillings, Marie had such creative suggestions. Mark and Marie designed a stunningly beautiful cake 4-tier cake, with a buttercream pattern to match the lace on my wedding gown and a delicate sugar flower accent. During our private walk-through of venue prior to the start of our wedding, seeing this amazing cake brought us to tears. Not to mention - our guests are still raving about how delicious it was! Mark and Marie are truly incredible people with a fabulous creative vision, attention to detail, and all around warmth and kindness that made it a true pleasure to work with them.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

Marie and Mark were absolutely WONDERFUL to work with! We planned our wedding at Blithewold Mansion very far in advance, and they were extremely flexible with our busy schedules (planning from out of town) in order to meet and do a cake tasting. When Mark asked us what our favorite candy bar was (Twix) and said he could find a way to make it into a cake flavor, we were pretty much floored. The design of our cake was simple and elegant, and the sugar flowers that they made to complement our decor were STUNNING. I have never been one to even pay attention to the cake at weddings, but I had multiple guests come up to me to tell me how delicious the cake was! I wish I had had time to eat more than a few bites because it was absolutely incredible! I highly recommend Confectionery Designs to any bride, they will NOT disappoint!!! -Lauren

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We got married at Castle Hill Inn which uses Confectionary Designs as their wedding cake vendor. I had been following them on Instagram for some time and regardless of where we got married, I knew I wanted them to design our cake. Marie & Mark are creative, professional, caring, loving and kind! They created the most amazing cake and pies for our wedding. Our tasting was one of the most memorable moments! Easy, fun and so scrumptious! The cake was delicious and beautiful!! And the bite size pies were a huge hit. I will miss my emails with Marie, she always brought a smile to my face. We will visit them each year on our anniversary! No other bakery like them around.

Profile Picture Blair, 9/24/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I LOVE Confectionery Designs!
They are amazing to work with- the best of the best!
Marie and Mark are both so sincere and nice- very talented!
The tasting was so professional and fun- and most of all, delicious! I loved the creative flavors and the frosting and cake was top notch!!

They are master decorators as well- our cake was a dream! the flower design matched my dress details, and they incorporated beautiful sugar flowers that look so realistic!

Thank you Marie and Mark for making my dream cake come true- so beautiful!
We can't wait to defrost the top tier on our anniversary, as I love red velvet!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/17/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Fresh Fruit, Local, Cakes, Cookies

The wedding cake Confectionery Designs made for us was out-of-this-world delicious and beautiful!!!!!! Marie was such a pleasure to work with and so accommodating and responsive. Even though we didn't have the largest budget, they treated us like royalty and made sure everything was perfect. It was truly the most delicious cake (let alone wedding cake) my husband and I have ever tasted. Thank you, Marie and Mark!

Profile Picture Mikenzie, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Marie and Mark were incredible to work with! They were warm, welcoming and attentive during our first meeting and the cake tasting was absolutely delicious! Mark asking for photos of my dress to incorporate the lace pattern into one of the tiers, it was such a thoughtful and beautiful touch. We were happy with how our cake came out!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/4/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I were so happy to have had Marie and Marc make our wedding cake and desserts. The cake tasting was amazing…we were able to taste all the cake and filling flavors as well as their other desserts (macaroons, tiramisu, lemon squares, etc.). Literally everything they have is so delicious—it was so hard to choose! For our wedding cake, I gave Marc and Marie a photo of what I wanted it to look like and they matched it EXACTLY (I was so happy!). When we finally tried the wedding cake on the wedding day we were in heaven and got SO many compliments from our guests on the cake and other desserts they provided. Lastly, I can’t say enough good things about Marc and Marie—they were so easy to work with and so professional. I would recommend them to anyone! 5 stars doesn’t even cut it!

Profile Picture Jessie , 8/20/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Mark and Marie were exceptional to work with. Mark creates beautiful works of art and the flavor is better than any wedding cake I've tried (including Cake Boss!) - I received endless compliments about the flavor of the cakes - we got chocolate pound with chocolate raspberry filling, fresh raspberry and a layer of raspberry jams and vanilla pound cake with almond crunch and fresh strawberries. I've never seen fresh fruit in a wedding cake, and the flavor was exceptional.

Marie was always extremely responsible, super friendly and amazing to work with. She listened to my vision, Mark and she executed it perfectly, and we were able to work together to tweak the vision until it was perfect. It's all in the details - and Marie and Mark definitely pay attention to detail.

I would recommend Confectionary Designs for ANY special occasion cake.

Profile Picture Alexa, 8/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Cakes

My Wife and I could not have been any happier with Confectionary Designs to deliver a truly magnificent wedding cake along with assorted desserts for our wedding. The cake was elegantly crafted, donning the most beautiful sugar flowers we had ever seen. All the desserts were delicious and the fact that there was not a single one left at the end of the night speaks for itself. We will be sure to use Confectionary Designs in the future for any event requiring catered desserts!
Thanks again Marc and Marie for doing such a wonderful job !

Profile Picture Chris , 8/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We LOVED working with Confectionery Designs. Everyone was so helpful and we were thrilled with the result. Our three cakes were beautiful, elegant, and simple - just as we hoped. And they also baked a speciality item for us - Swedish cardamom buns, which were delicious and authentic. Thank you, Confectionery Designs!

Profile Picture Alison, 8/6/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Pastries, Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!! Marie and Mark are amazing people to work with and you can tell how professional they are and how much love they put into their work. I just got married two weeks ago and the cake was unbelievable. Through the whole process at picking out flavors and the design and color scheme both Marie and Mark were wonderfully helpful and have great ideas. And not to mention the cake was not only beautiful but tasty as well. The guests all raved about how good it tasted. I would recommend them to anyone!!! Thanks again for a wonderful experience. :) :)

Profile Picture User7046569, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved working with Marie and Mark of Confectionery Designs. Marie was SO easy to work with and was timely and responsive. Everything was seamless from the tasting to the beautiful cake that Mark produced. Our cake was not only beautiful (the sugar flowers created looked real!) it was delicious. We got so many compliments on how delicious our cake was and people were taking each others plates. We chose vanilla cake with Reese's Peanut Butter Cup buttercream layers. Could not have had a better experience and such kind, talented and wonderful people to work with! Also, for any gluten free brides they made me a smaller gluten free layer and cake which was equally delicious!!! A+++++++

Profile Picture User6831108, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Working with Marie and Mark was so easy and they were so accommodating throughout the process. For our first appointment (the tasting), we were able to pick several flavor combinations, and Marie even let us be creative by adding the groom's favorite candy to one of the fillings. We ended up choosing two flavors/fillings that would alternate by each tier. We chose chocolate cake and raspberry filling and the second was vanilla cake with strawberry filling.

At the tasting you get to see pictures of other cakes designed by Confectionery and you start to talk through the design of your cake and what you envision. Marie was so quick to get a mock up design back to us to review.

As our date approached my mom and I had gone out to Confectionery's shop to meet with Mark on some details we had a change of heart on. In the same sitting Mark drew up a brand new design incorporating our original thoughts and new added details.

They're eye for detail is amazing and it is a great team to work with because they partner with you providing professional expertise but also let you have a hand in the creativity to make it personal. The cake on the day of the wedding was even more so amazing in person than we imagined, and it tasted just as amazing as we remembered from our tasting.

Would 100% recommend Confectionery for a wedding cake or even a cake for any other special occasion.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Mark and Marie made an absolutely delicious five tier all white gorgeous wedding cake for my daughter and son in law this past June. Mark sat with my daughter and created a drawing, used forms to demonstrate the height and talked through exactly what she wanted. The handmade sugar flowers on his cakes are amazing and were saved for their first year wedding anniversary. We also had a tasting in Newport and Marie drove over to meet with us. They both were so accommodating. Such a beautiful wedding cake my daughter could not have been happier. It was served as dessert on her special day and it was fabulous!!! So fresh and moist just delicious !!

Profile Picture Beth, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Confectionery Designs made us one of the prettiest wedding cakes we'd ever seen and one of the tastiest we'd ever eaten. What's more, they are a pleasure to work with! Every logistic was spot on and the process was among the most fun in our planning. Note also that Marie and team work seamlessly with other vendors (e.g., florist, printwork designer) to make sure everything looks perfect.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Marie at Confectionery Designs was SUCH a pleasure to work with. Our cake was exactly what we wanted and we received so many compliments and people asking where it was from! The tasting was just lovely and set up perfectly-- can't wait to have the first tier on our first anniversary! :)

Profile Picture Chelsea, 6/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes