113 Reviews for Colgate Crozer Divinity School

Plated (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Drapery (1)
Tables (1)

Jim and his events team at Colgate Divinity School went above and beyond our expectations to make our wedding day magical! Service and response time from day were exceptional and the "smoothness" of the actual day was seamless to me and to everyone else involved. Colgate is a venue in which the beauty of the location speaks for itself but the day was made perfect by the staff and the overall feel of the entire day which came easily due to the organization of Jim and his team. I would highly recommend Colgate divinity school as a wedding venue for anyone who is considering it, I wish we could relive it every weekend :) It is a day we will never forget!

Profile Picture Anne, 4/8/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Outside Cake, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Chairs

Colgate was everything we hoped for and more in a venue! They were honest and upfront with the cost and had no hidden fees. Jim, Grace, Suzanne, and the staff were all wonderful! They made everything run so smoothly, from handling the flow of guests to transitioning from the ceremony to the reception. I didn’t have to think about a thing. Our guests complemented us on how well organized everything was and I kept telling them it was all Colgate. Jim went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. He was even quick to substitute the tempura shrimp (which ended up not being available) last minute with coconut shrimp and threw in a few extra hors d’oeuvres for the inconvenience. We are still getting praise for how great the food was. Our guests raved about the quality of service and the large selection of food options during the buffet reception. My husband and I are truly grateful to Colgate for making our day very memorable.

Profile Picture Ruth, 3/11/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Event Planning, Indoor

My husband and I were recently married here at Colgate Divinity on October 29th, 2016. Overall, everything was absolutely wonderful! There were a few hiccups when it came to communication. However, when the day finally arrived everything went as planned. My husband and I fell in love with this venue because of all the character it has. We didn't want a traditional banquet hall reception and we wanted to get married and have the reception all in one place. So Colgate was perfect for us. We didn't have to over board on the decorating and flowers because this place is already so beautiful! The staff that night was great as well. They were on top of everything and took incredible care of everyone. A guest broke a glass on the dance floor, and someone was there within 30 seconds there to clean it up. And EVERYONE LOVED the food. Our friends and family still rave about how awesome the food was. Overall, our experience was great and we would recommend this venue to anyone!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Chairs

If I could give more stars to Jim and his staff, my husband and I definitely would!! Our wedding day was truly the most magical and incredible experience because of them. They keep everything running smoothly and we were able to have the time of our lives.

The Colgate Divinity School is a beautiful venue, but Jim and everyone there are impossible to replace. Our wedding there with them will be a memory we cherish the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely recommend this event planner! They are incredibly organized and make it possible for the couple and their families to truly sit back and enjoy the special day. Never seen it so well done in all my past experiences. Just the best around!!

Profile Picture Pam, 10/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Colgate Divinity on 10/1/16. I could go on and on about their gorgeous facilities, incredible food, and amazing view overlooking Rochester; however it’s the staff that makes this venue the best of the best. The moment we met Jim, we knew we would be in good hands. He was absolutely wonderful to work with from start to finish. He and his team went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect and stress free. Jim is incredible at what he does and it shows. So many of our guests have said that it was truly the best wedding they have ever been to! Everything from the food (which seriously is AMAZING!!), to the gorgeous chapel and reception hall. I get teary eyed just thinking about how perfect of a day it was. I cannot recommend Special Events Catering at Colgate Divinity enough!! It will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are coming up on our 1 year wedding anniversary this month and can't help but reminisce- Colgate was an absolutely perfect venue!! Everything was on point, from the exceptional quality of food to the extreme professionalism of Jim and his staff, to the gorgeous view. We received many compliments from our guests on what an extravagant and enjoyable evening it was. One the staff members had even gone out of their way to get a guest bandaids because her shoes were giving her blisters- you do not find staff like that just anywhere! Most importantly, we were at ease throughout the day knowing that Jim had everything taken care of :)

Profile Picture Katelyn, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables, Indoor, Dessert, Plated, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Linens

My wife and I were married last September 9th and we had both our service and reception at Colgate. We found the event to be the most fabulous party of our lives. Of course, it was our wedding, why wouldn't we feel that way? Having some time to reflect back on the event it was Jim and all of his staff that made the difference. While the venue initially captured us with its character, charm, and elegance it was the staff that brought precision and perfection to the evening. Jim and his staff had every detail nailed down, from planning when other vendors should arrive to the serving of some of the best food available in town. Through the entire process we made a personable connection with all of the staff we worked with. It just felt like they had our backs every step of the way. Many thanks to all that helped make our day so special and 5 stars for Colgate!!

Profile Picture Tram, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Chairs, Indoor, Linens

Colgate was an absolutely beautiful venue! We left decorations to a minimal just because of how beautiful it is on its own. We loved the indoor/outdoor spaces. We worked with Jim, who was absolutely great to work with. Very easy to work with, and he covered details we hadn't even thought of. The food was outstanding. Many of our guests complimented us on the best wedding food they had ever had. My Mom said the passed her d'oeuvres alone were outstanding. Everyone had a great time, and we would highly recommend Colgate!

Profile Picture Emily , 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we stepped foot inside Colgate for a tour, we knew we were in the right place for our wedding venue. Jim, Suzanne, and his entire team were always friendly, helpful, professional, and fun to work with. From making room layout decisions, to linens, to vendors, we knew we could count on the team at Special Events Catering to make sure we had the information we needed. Even with some last minute changes, they were ready to help us out. We felt so confident heading into our wedding day knowing we were in great hands! I cannot recommend Special Events Catering enough! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Dan, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are so many things I could say about Special Events Catering at Colgate Divinity!! Where to begin?! Right from the first meeting we had with Jim, he told us that we wouldn't be disappointed if we decided to book with them. He was right! We booked our wedding for July and during our 9 month engagement, we were able to coordinate everything very smoothly for our special day! Jim and the rest of the staff at Colgate know what they're doing! From the ceremony in the chapel to the end of the night, everything went well! The food was outstanding! My grandmother told us that when she went up during dinner to use the restroom, she came back to find that her plate had been covered by the staff to make sure that it was still warm when she returned. They paid attention to every detail and made sure that everyone was comfortable. We have several people in my family with handicap needs and the staff was accommodating and helped us figure out the wheelchair lifts which made it easier for our guests to get around the campus. At the end of the night, the staff had packed up all of our center pieces, candles, guest book, gifts, and decorations into their specific boxes and they were placed by the back door. You can't even believe how much of a help that was! All we had to do was load the cars and leave! All we had to worry about was enjoying our night! My only complaint from the entire day and night is that my husband and I weren't served any cake. My dad baked our cake and while we were able to have a small bite during the cake cutting ceremony, I was really hoping that we could each enjoy a piece because it was such a special gift from my dad to us. Other than that, and the three minute downpour we had during the receiving line, everything went extremely well. If we had to do it all over again, I would totally go back to Colgate! As long as you're organized and follow the steps and careful instructions that Jim gives you, you will not be disappointed! We are very happy!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Indoor, Chairs

There isn't much to be said about Colgate that hasn't already been said. It's impossible not to give them 5 stars. This place is amazing. Everything is top notch. If there was ever a case of "you get what you pay for" this is 100% it. The chapel is gorgeous, and Bobbi was amazing at directing everyone to where they should be and when, and made us feel totally confident in our ceremony. Jim and later Suzanne and Shawna and the rest of the dining and catering staff were all so nice and answered everything and anything we had questions on. The food was perfect. The space was perfect. The grounds are so beautiful and we are dying in agony waiting for our pictures to come back to see this beautiful place in all it's glory. We've been married almost 2 weeks and still have people texting/messaging/facebooking us daily telling us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to.
The #1 priority for us was serving people hot, delicious food that wasn't your boring old wedding garbage that no one really wants to eat, and I can tell you that you will definitely get amazing food at Colgate! This was so important to us and we wanted to be sure that everyone (from meat eaters, to vegetarians, vegans and a few folks with very severe food allergies) were able to share a great meal with us and they certainly delivered. We were able to pick everything that we wanted to serve after attending the tasting and were so happy with what we got!
They truly took care of everything for us and we are so happy that we picked Colgate to get married. We planned this wedding from 6 hours away and never had an issue with emails getting answered or coordinating all of our vendors and deliveries. I plan events for a living and these people are the people I would want to be working with!!!!! They are all so great at their jobs and really made us feel like our wedding was our special day. If you are looking for an elegant place with beautiful views and amazing staff - Colgate is your place!!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Event Planning, Indoor

Jim and his team made the whole wedding planning process a breeze. They took care of all the little details and made our day perfect. The food was absolutely amazing and the service we received was outstanding. Colgate's facilities are a beautiful hidden Rochester gem and we are so happy we were able to have our wedding here.

Profile Picture Adriana, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This Venue is AMAZING! It is absolutely breath-taking. My guests were raving about the chapel and dining hall. Other than a few hiccups occurring which the venue more than made up for, things were smooth and exactly how I expected (And I'm a tough person to please with customer service). The downfalls: my guests did complain that the dance floor was separated from the main eating area so that prevented some of them from hearing the DJ or announcements, otherwise everything was amazing!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Event Planning, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Outside Cake, Chairs

My husband and I got married in May and had our reception at Colgate. I heard more compliments about the food and location than anything else. Jim is a pro and you can be assured that your day will go without a hitch when he is involved. It is centrally located in the city but you still feel secluded from all the hustle and bustle. The view and the surrounding land are gorgeous and perfect for pictures. Not to mention the building itself! Looking back at our pictures, we are so lucky to have had our professional wedding photos taking inside and outside the venue. The building is such a beautiful backdrop. I would 100% suggest that someone have their reception there.

Profile Picture User6987317, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Excellent facility! Excellent staff! Jim is the best in the business. Food was top notch. Coordinated well with vendors. All we had to do was show up, get married and have some fun. Zero worries leading up to the big day. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is how I can sum up my experience!

Profile Picture User7400159, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jim and team were fantastic throughout the planning process, day before when setting up and day of! We can't say enough wonderful things about the team-organized, professional, easy to get a hold of and quick to respond, friendly, etc. It was an amazing day and it would not have been possible without Jim and company.

Profile Picture User6165363, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Linens

We had our wedding at the Colgate Divinity this past December and had the pleasure of working with Jim and his staff. Everything went so unbelievably smoothly and he and his staff are so organized and responsive. He is very professional and well known by other vendors and from what I gathered, they all enjoy working with him. Our wedding turned out beautifully, the food was delicious, drinks weren't watered down and it felt like a glamorous party. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they'd been to in years and I attribute that primarily to how beautiful Colgate is and how attentive the staff was to us and our guests. 10/10 on quality and I would recommend this venue and catering service to anyone.

Profile Picture Perri, 12/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jim is an excellent chef. His food is second to none! On the wedding day he and his staff take charge of the details and you will be able to enjoy the ceremony and the party without having to worry about a thing.

Profile Picture Carmen, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Colgate Divinity gave my husband and I the PERFECT wedding. We planned our wedding from abroad, with my mom as Rochester based woman on the ground and Jim and his team quickly answered all our emails and perfectly handled a family of strong personalities. Wedding planning from England could have been a complete nightmare, but Jim ensured everything was smooth and easy.

But Colgate's help did not stop on the wedding day. Suzanne and Jim ensured everything ran smoothly. They even let me decide whether or not to have cocktail hour indoors until the very last moment. We went with indoors- which I was worried about, but it was awesome.

The food and drinks were amazing and ran without a hitch. And you really will struggle to find a space as beautiful as Colgate. I wanted a unique space in Rochester and definitely did not want a golf course wedding. Colgate is GORGEOUS. So so happy we picked it!

Thanks again to Jim and everyone! You're the best. I 1000000% recommend having your wedding at Colgate.

Profile Picture Hayley, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we were first looking at wedding venues we met with Jim. His confidence and assurance that our wedding would be their top priority, was what brought us back to Colgate and to Jim and his team. The venue alone is beautiful, elegant, and has so much character, however, once you add the impeccable service and amazing food, a 5 star rating doesn’t do it justice. Everything is top of the line! We wish Special Events Catering was a restaurant, because we would be frequent visitors! While we were setting up Jim provided us with a cheese spread and champagne and said to us “whatever you need, we will make it happen.” It was so reassuring to know that our day would be nothing but amazing! Bobbi was our Chapel Host, and she was very well organized and had a calming nature that soothed all the wedding day jitters. Suzanne was amazing in many different ways. She made my family and guests feel right at home and helped with whatever the moment needed. For example I wore a bolero during the wedding ceremony and my mother couldn’t get it unbuttoned, both Suzanne and Bobbi helped my mom get me out of it for the reception. All while I’m sure there were other things for them to attend to, they were there helping me! They do whatever they can to make sure your dream wedding is a success, and it was! Thank you all for everything you did to make my dreams come true, it was nothing but magical!

Profile Picture Eliesse, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Linens, Event Planning

Our reception was beyond amazing. They brought my dream to life! The staff at Colgate went out of their way to make sure everything went perfectly. I was planning our wedding from out of state and Jim was wonderful about making me feel comfortable and confident with all of the choices we made for the reception. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about everyone there and are still talking about how wonderful our reception was. I suggest them to anyone thinking about a wedding there!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Jim at Special Events Catering in the months leading up to our wedding last fall. He was extremely knowledgeable of the venue and was always responsive to us when we had questions from afar. His staff members were accommodating, meticulous, and organized. They went above and beyond to ensure our day unfolded seamlessly. Our guests raved about the food, the ambiance, and the skillful services. Several people have referred to our day as: "The Wedding of the Century." We give a lot of credit to Jim and his team for making it so beautiful. Thank you for everything, Special Events Catering!

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Colgate last sept. We were very impressed with Jim and the team. They have a lot of experience and make it their goal to make your day as special as possible. They will sort out all the details with you and pamper you too! Loved the venue, food, church and the view outside. I highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Darla, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

James made planning our event so easy and fun! We were able to decorate the way we wanted to but the venue is beautiful all on its own. Day of wedding went seamless! Everything flowed perfectly, and if it didn't, I had no idea! Our day was perfect and we couldn't have picked a better venue!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews