Carissa Ceremonies Reviews

35 | Schenectady, NY

35 Reviews for Carissa Ceremonies

Jenny · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing ceremony!

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Jessica as our officiant. We saved our officiant search for pretty late in the game (something like 6 weeks before our wedding, oof), so we consider ourselves SO lucky that she was available for our ceremony. During our first meeting, she was so friendly and relaxed and made us feel comfortable with everything. For the actual ceremony, she absolutely crushed it. Our guests were raving about her during the reception and are still talking about how great she was over a month later. I would absolutely recommend her for your wedding ceremony. Thank you so much, Jessica!

Kara · Married on 09/10/2016

Love her. She was amazing and would recommend her!!

Theresa · Married on 07/23/2016

We had a very hard time finding the right officiant for our wedding. We were running short on time and everyone seemed to be booked or just didn't fit our vision for our wedding. We stumbled across Jessica's website and she happened to be open for the day of our wedding. So we met with her and my husband and I instantly fell in love with her. She had so many ideas plus reminded us of all the small details we hadn't thought of. On the day of our wedding she definitely created the vision we wanted. All our family and friends loved the ceremony she helped create and also her as a person. I highly recomend her for your wedding! Thank you again Jessica!!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Theresa! I really, really enjoyed getting to know both you and Mark and meeting your U.S. & Canadian families. It was such an honor standing with you on your wedding day and nothing makes me happier than to hear that you had the wedding of your dreams. Your Yaddo Gardens ceremony was simply picture-perfect beauty... not to mention how stunning you both looked. You had the BEST people surrounding you and I'm touched to hear all the positive feedback you received... that means beautiful memories of your day! I am so happy for you both and look forward to staying in touch! CONGRATULATIONS!!

brittany · Married on 07/02/2016

Jessica was the officiant at our wedding this past weekend. She was extremely wonderful to work with. She is such a nice person and goes above and beyond to make your day special. She is very knowledgeable and gave us great advice on how to make our ceremony perfect. We loved every second of it and it will definitely be a ceremony none of our guests will forget. Thank you Jessica!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you for your kind words and glowing review! I am sooo thrilled to hear how your day was just as you'd hoped (perfect!) and that your guests enjoyed the ceremony so much as well! I so enjoyed getting to know you and working with you to create a ceremony that truly reflected you as individuals and your shared story as a couple. Congratulations again and best wishes to you both as you start down this next path in life together! Can't wait to see pictures! XOXO <3

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

Jessica was a dream officiant for our June wedding up near the Catskills. She was such a pleasure to work with, and made everything fun & easy. The language & structure of her sample ceremonies was beautiful, and she was super open to adding to them & blending different elements together to create the perfect non-religious ceremony for us. We had helpful consultations by phone & in person that made us feel a whole lot more confident about the whole endeavor... Then, on the actual day of the wedding she was not only a total pro and preformed the ceremony beautifully, but had a wonderful energy of love & joy that made it feel like she was just another friend there to celebrate the day. Couldn't have wished for anyone better!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Lauren for such a beautiful and heartfelt review. Getting this kind of feedback is exactly why I do this work and what I aim for with every client. I'm so, so happy to know that you had your dream wedding day and that your ceremony with me was such a highlight. Congratulations and please stay in touch! Would love to see pictures!
  • caitlin

caitlin · Married on 10/10/2015

Where do we even start! We first met Jessica at a holiday party last year and immediately knew that we wanted her to be a part of our day. We unofficially booked her that night- and then luckily for us were able to officially book her a few weeks later! Over the next year we met her with her several times. She took away any stress that we may have had over the ceremony as she provided us with more than enough information on how things are typically run. Together we were able to put together an amazing ceremony incorporating the things that were important to us (as well as some that we didn't know were!). She was professional, kind hearted, and funny at times when it was needed and put us completely at ease! We have received so many compliments on our ceremony. Everyone loved the personal touches that were added and we have to give all the credit to Jessica. It is hard to believe that we have only known her for about a year! We would highly recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

Caitlin and Travis- THANK YOU for everything... from our fun meetings and planning sessions, which, yes, started in the coat room of a holiday party!!... to such a fabulous celebration reflecting your friends, family and of course... the two of you! You were wonderful to work with and you throw quite the party yourselves! I was honored to be your officiant and so happy to call you friends. Congratulations and best wishes for happiness always!

Julie · Married on 10/09/2015

WOW!

We are so happy we chose Jessica and Carissa Ceremonies to be our wedding officiant. We first contacted Jessica about a year out from our wedding day. We spoke on the phone and Jessica was so professional and kind from the very beginning. She asked us about how we met and what components we'd like to add to the ceremony. We were impressed she focused on getting to know us and our 'story'.

Once we booked Jessica we were at ease. She reached out to her a couple times over the course of the year and she reassured us we were all set for our big day. As the date got closer she provided us with a sample outline. I read it and had tears in my eyes! I was so happy she remembered and captured all we discussed and added more! We had a few changes and she was very accommodating.

We met at the rehearsal and she was on time and worked well with everyone in our family and bridal party. She went through every detail of the ceremony and we had some laughs! We felt ready for the ceremony and knew it would go smoothly!

On the wedding day Jessica came back to the bridal suite to say hello see how the ladies were doing. During the ceremony she put everyone at ease. My dad still comments on how she made everyone so relaxed! At the reception we received so many compliments on the ceremony and specifically on how clear she spoke and how professional she was and how beautiful the readings and ceremony were. She even sent us a lovely email a few days after our wedding.

We truly enjoyed Jessica and she is amazing at what she does!! Look no further for your wedding officiant. :) Thank you, Jessica!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you, Julie!!! Congratulations again!!! I had such an amazing time working with you both and getting to know you along the way. :) I'm teary-eyed and really touched to know my work and services helped make your wedding day so special and memorable for you, your families and your guests. I enjoyed every minute of it! ♥
    Looking forward to seeing all your gorgeous photos!

Heather · Married on 09/12/2015

We met with Jessica, and immediately knew listening to her ideas that she was the perfect fit for us and our vision of our wedding ceremony. The planning process was easy and we did it through email which was helpful since we decided to write our own vows individually and have it be a surprise on the day of the ceremony. Jessica came up with a beautiful reading and wording for the entire ceremony. We were ecstatic with the ceremony and our friends and family commented on how beautiful the ceremony was. The ceremony fit us perfectly and we can't say enough positive things about this whole process.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

Thank you Heather for your wonderful review! I cannot say enough nice things about working with the two of you! You were wonderful to work with, had incredible ideas for how you wanted to further personalize your ceremony and you both have really delightful families to boot! So honored to be a part of your wedding day and to help create this amazing memory for both of you. Congratulations and best wishes always! ~ Jessica

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2015

Working with Jessica was so easy. She was always available to chat and offered up suggestions when we got stuck or couldn't agree. I HIGHLY recommend her!

Ashley · Married on 04/04/2015

There are not enough words to express how grateful we are to have had the opportunity to
    work with Jessica Rowell. Although our ceremony took place at Brant Lake in the
    Adirondacks, we planned the entire event while living in Okinawa, Japan and Jessica was
    there for us every step of the way. Not having seen the majority of our families for
    almost two years, we wanted an intimate and sentimental ceremony to reflect our love for
    each other and our family; and so did Jessica. From the first time we spoke, Henry and I
    felt her passionate, enthusiastic and endearing nature. Jessica didn’t simply envision
    our perfect day on paper, she wholeheartedly felt the moment we would all share together.

Although we did not meet Jessica in person until our rehearsal, our first encounter did
    not feel like we were simply meeting an acquaintance; it felt as though we were reuniting
    with an old friend. Such is Jessica’s kindhearted and affectionate way which lifts the
    spirits and the smiles of those around her. One of the best things about Jessica is her
    ability to remain utterly professional while blending in as one of the family. She calmed
    the groom’s nerves, dried our mother’s tears, soothed my niece’s screams and made me feel
    beautiful. Jessica is not only a phenomenal officiant but an amazing person. Truly, one
    of the best additions to any wedding.

With love and luck,
    Ashley and Henry Winkler

Sent on 05/21/2015

Carissa Ceremonies's reply:

I'm late in responding to your review here, but I think you know how very special being a part of your day was for me. From our late night/early morning. international Skypes, to meeting you for the first time at rehearsal and feeling like we'd always known each other.... working with you both was incredible! You also had a great team around you as I seem to remember some of us "putting out fires"! ;) Thank you so much for this beautiful testimonial and please keep me in mind for your future "moments" as I know there will be many!!

Jennifer & Jeremy · Married on 03/14/2015

When planning a wedding it is easy to get caught up in the superficial details, but ultimately the ceremony is the most important part of the whole day. From the moment we met with Jessica, from Carissa Ceremonies, we knew that she would help us honor our love story in the most meaningful way possible. With her easy going nature and extensive knowledge of wedding ceremony practices, she helped us to plan and carry out a moving and unique ceremony that truly represented our personalities and our love. If we could have stayed in the moments of our ceremony for the whole night, we would have. We highly recommend Carissa Ceremonies and thank Jessica for making the ceremony THE BEST part of our entire wedding.

Sent on 04/04/2015

Jeremy & Jennifer,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. I would humbly disagree though--- the BEST PART of your ceremony was truly the two of you! I loved every minute of working with you, your families and wedding party. Awesome, awesome experience! Congratulations!

Cindy · Married on 11/01/2014

Jessica from Carissa Ceremonies is the best! She met with us months before the wedding to learn as much about us as possible. She suggested many unique ideas for our day and helped us write the most personal and meaningful ceremony. Everyone raved about how wonderful she was in performing our ceremony. I would highly recommend her.

Kim · Married on 11/23/2013

We were just married by Jessica at Carissa Ceremonies on November 23, 2013. Jessica was awesome and we would highly recommend her! She was responsive to our inquiries and incredibly helpful with all questions related to the process. She made our ceremony special to us and provided unlimited support throughout the planning process. If you are looking for an officiant who will go above and beyond to make sure your special day is perfect, Carissa Ceremonies is the way to go!

John and Katie · Married on 08/31/2013

Jessica from Carissa Ceremonies was spectacular as our wedding officiant and we could not have been happier to have her guiding us through our big day!. From our initial meeting, she really wanted to create as personal a ceremony as possible by having us tell her "our story". She truly helped us design a ceremony that centered around family and friends; exactly what we wanted. Initially, having to decide all of the wording of a wedding ceremony seemed like a daunting task, but Jessica provided us with a huge amount of samples that we could choose from and even encouraged us to find readings that would have particular meaning to us. Jessica was incredibly helpful during our rehearsal, taking the time to make sure everybody in our party knew exactly what to do and was even a great source of encouragement before the actual ceremony. With Jessica, it felt like a great friend was there guiding us through the most important day of our life. We would definitely recommend Jessica to anybody looking for a person that can make your wedding ceremony a beautiful, personalized event and a day you will never forget!

Erin · Married on 06/21/2013

Out of everyone in our wedding team, we received the most compliments about Jessica. Her warm spirit is contagious! Jessica led and coordinated our wedding ceremony with the utmost professionalism and confidence, demonstrating her credibility, knowledge, and experience in the industry. She provided us with example readings, vows, and traditions that we could use and tweak for our own ceremony, resulting in a very personal and unique ceremony that fit us perfectly. Jessica makes a strong effort in getting to know all of her clients, and we are so fortunate to have had her. We'd recommend her to anyone :)

Allison · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I were referred to Jessica from Carissa Ceremonies by our wedding planner for our fall 2012 wedding. Neither my husband nor I belong to any religious institution or particular school of thought but knew we wanted to have a meaningful ceremony that was a direct reflection of us and our love story. Jessica was a huge help from the very beginning, she provided us with many many samples of past ceremonies she performed for reference and offered up unique ideas and solutions for issues we had trouble working out ourselves. Both my parents are deceased and I was having a hard time figuring out a way to honor them, acknowledge my guardians and not have our special day and marriage turn into a "weighty" remembrance of the dead. Jessica helped us devise special roles for the members present and helped us with wording to honor those who were not. On our wedding day she was prompt and poised and made both of us feel very relaxed. I would definitely recommend Jessica for the couple who does not want the typical cookie-cutter wedding ceremony but rather prefers to work with someone who can help tailer it to the specific needs of the couple.

Cheryl · Married on 08/11/2012

Jessica was the best officiant I could have ever hoped for!! She gave us an absolutely beautiful ceremony and made us both feel very relaxed on our big day. When we began planning our ceremony we had no idea of where to start and Jessica's advice was priceless. She helped throughout the year in preparing our ceremony and was very professional and personable throughout our experience with her. She did an amazing job guiding us throughout the rehearsal and the actual ceremony. I recommend Jessica without reservation!

lisa · Married on 10/23/2011

Jessica was incredible!!! She took the time during our inital meeting to really get to know us as a couple (from how we met to what our families are like). She made our ceremony about us and not some cookie cutter ceremony. We were totally at ease with her like a friend that you've known for years. She was able to take the tension of being the center of attention and make it feel like it was just the 2 of us.

Virginia · Married on 09/18/2011

Jessica absolutely made our wedding ceremony the most memorable moment of our lives. We felt like she was part of our family. She understood that we wanted to showcase how important family and friends are to us on and especially central on our wedding day. She embraced all of the personal touches we discussed with her and weaved them beautifully into our ceremony. She had great pointers on the flow and special moments for our ceremony. Her positive energy, professionalism, guidance, charisma, and warmth made our big day perfect. So many of our guests commented to us about how she led our ceremony, and how she felt just as excited and connected with us as our own family did. We can't say enough about how amazing our experience was and HIGHLY recommend Jessica for life's important events. Thank you, Jessica!

sarah · Married on 08/14/2011

Every child is a miracle, and deserves a celebration.Those were my feelings this past summer when we had Jessica, of Carissa Ceremonies perform a dedication service for our third daughter Emily.After struggling with infertility issues for years,it was the most welcome surprise last spring when we found out that we were going to have another baby. I knew that this baby was such a blessing in many ways, and we had to find a special way to acknowledge this gift.
    I have known Jessica for a long time, when she was a social worker with an adoption agency , she was a great support for my husband and I. Infertility is a difficult road, and her compassion and friendship during that time in our lives helped me more than she could know.So who better to perform this celebration than the person that has seen our family through so much.
    In planning the service,being able to work with someone that knew our history and why it was so important to me to really celebrate this baby was invaluable. I could bring what I wanted to convey,and Jessica had the creativity and experience to bring it to life.
    Emily's dedication was everything I hoped for and more,a beautiful day of family and friends. The service was genuinely meaningful and fun, complete with music,a sand blending ceremony,a nursing break for the guest of honor and a grand finale with all of the kids present releasing a rainbow of balloons.Thanks to Jessica everyone understood what we were celebrating, and why it was so important to us.
    At one point in my life, Jessica was witness to some of my saddest days,when I didn't know if I would ever have a family.I consider it a gift that she was able to be an integral part of one of my very best. I believe that this day meant as much to Jessica as it did to us,and it came through in our service.I think we both knew, that we had come full circle .

Brie · Married on 07/30/2011

Jessica was wonderful. She was warm and kind and was perfect for us. She explained how everything works and gave us a ton of options for our ceremony and was completely open to our ideas - even letting our dog be the ringbearer! I would reccommend her over and over again!

• morgsandbri

Morgan · Married on 07/09/2011

Jessica was wonderful to work with. In our first meeting we felt like she was so easy to talk with and had such a presence. We also felt like she was open helping us make our ceremony simple, yet meaningful and personal. She helped to give us suggestions or readings, and ways to incorporate our family. She gave us guidance on writing our own personal vows. She was also quick to respond to emails and was at all times professional. I felt like she truly enjoyed her job and working with us.
    She worked well with our ceremony location to make our rehearsal effortless. Our ceremony was beautiful. Everything she worked with us on in advance materialized. It was such a beautiful ceremony and most everyone was crying. Afterward so many people asked us about her, and talked about what a beautiful ceremony it was. I would definitely recommend her to other brides :)

Mary · Married on 07/09/2011

When my now husband & I began looking for an officiant for our Saratoga wedding, we were looking for someone who would listen to our ideas, someone who would provide guidance (since we felt like we had no idea what we were doing!), and most importantly, someone we felt we could connect with in the small amount of time we had available to meet face to face, since we were planning our big day from Boston. Jessica Rowell of Carissa Ceremonies exceeded our expectations in every way. Her warm yet professional manner put us at ease immediately. She listened to all of our ideas, answered all our questions, and incorporated everything we asked into the ceremony. She provided guidance and addressed all of our concerns with productive and creative suggestions. There were tons of people at our rehearsal, but she calmly took charge and ran through everything like a rock star! She had no problem accommodating a last minute change I requested. I was a stressed bride on my wedding day, but the one thing I had absolutely no worries about was the ceremony since I knew it was in such good hands. It turned out perfectly! Our friends and families were impressed by her professionalism, grace, and warmth. Jessica went above and beyond for us and I can’t imagine what our big day would have been like without her. She is truly a gem!

Stefany · Married on 07/06/2011

For my 15 year vow renewal, I can't imagine it would have gone any smoother with anyone else besides Jessica. Never having met her, living in Florida and trying to plan a surprise renewal for my husband in New York was certainly a challenge, for myself and I am sure for Jessica. She calmed my anxiety when I thought I couldn't make it happen and reassured me that it would be wonderful. The ceremony was everything I expected and more and I couldn't have been happier. She is a true professional and I am so happy I chose her to celebrate my marriage! Thank You Jessica from the Bernardo's!

Angela · Married on 06/18/2011

Jessica did an amazing job with our wedding. She is very flexible and willing to design a ceremony that truly reflects the bride and groom. She helped us to craft a beautiful civil ceremony that was meaningful to us. We appreciated her thoughts and advice and she did an amazing job reading the script on the day of our wedding.