Becky's Alterations Reviews

22 Reviews for Becky's Alterations

22 Becky's Alterations Reviews
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

I purchased a wedding dress with a vision of alterations to make it unique and mine, and Becky delivered!! Becky was professional, prompt, and so very sweet. She listened to my ideas and did an amazing job--she is so talented. You won't find better quality than Becky, and I appreciated her honest input to make my dress and the day perfect.

• Lesia

Lesia · Married on 08/18/2018

She worked a miracle!!! I will recommend her anyday!!!

erin · Married on 12/12/2015

Becky came as a recommendation from a co-worker that got married shortly after I got engaged and I'm so glad I went with the recommendation...she did an absolutely amazing job altering my bridal gown. It was a full lace dress so it was not an easy task, but she was meticulous about every detail and it came out perfect! She also altered my mothers gown and it fit her like a glove. She was great to work with and addressed every concern and request I had along the way. I would highly recommend her to other brides!

taylor · Married on 05/02/2015

Becky was amazing! I had trouble finding an seamstress, and didn't find Becky until I was close to the wire with my alterations. She was so reassuring and made me feel so comfortable through out the whole process. I brought several family members to see the alterations and she was very welcoming. Her work is great, my dress fit like a glove!

Savannah · Married on 09/27/2014

Purchased my dress from a bridal shop in Jacksonville. The shop gave me a time frame to have my dress altered, but I had to have my wedding shoes by the time of the appointment. Decided to not go to the appt because I still hadn't found shoes. Decided to look for a local seamstress and found Becky's via the Wedding Wire. She was SO great to work with. We discovered that my dress was sewn/constructed incorrectly by the manufacturer/factory. Becky did not stop working with me until the problem was resolved... I highly doubt a bridal salon would have given me the time of day. For such a simple dress, it gave us some real problems! But like I said, Becky worked around the clock to get my dress perfect! Loved working with her.

Lisa · Married on 06/14/2014

Becky is absolutely fabulous! Over the course of the last 6 months, she did a lot of work for me, including altering a bridesmaid dress, using my mother's wedding dress to make handkerchiefs as gifts for my bridal party, altering my wedding dress and putting my veil on a comb. Her work is meticulous and she was very careful to make sure everything was done perfectly and exactly the way I wanted it to be done. She is also super sweet and works surprisingly fast. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Rachel · Married on 04/19/2014

Becky did an amazing job on my wedding dress. She is quick and has a wonderful personality. She is also very affordable. I would recommend her to anyone.

Becky made me the most amazing senior prom dress and was wonderful to work with! Her alterations were also perfect! I did not believe that what I had imagined was possible but she was able to make it work and I was able to have my dream prom dress! :) I recommend Becky to everybody!

Kelly · Married on 04/16/2014

Fantastic job! Becky is a lifesaver. My fiancé (now husband) and I decided to get married on our vacation in April. I had a dress and needed to have it altered within 30 days – this was mid-March. Every alterations shop I found said they could not help me. Luckily I found Becky on Angie’s List. She quickly got me in for a consultation on the dress. She was able to rearrange her schedule a bit in order to have my second fitting scheduled for late-March. My final fitting was the week before my trip. Once the dress was done, it fit like a glove and I could not have been happier with the results. Becky’s alterations gave me more of the hour glass figure I was looking for. THANK YOU Becky!

• tiffany

tiffany · Married on 03/23/2014

Becky was so much fun to work with! She did some last minute (and I mean last minute) alterations to my dress, petticoat, and a second dress, and she had them all ready early! Her price was also reasonable. She's great to ask for tips about your outfit (like your veil, etc) that you may be unsure about. Very pleased with my experience. I'll be recommending her in the future and if I ever need alterations again.

I recently had to get a bridesmaids dress altered for a wedding I was in. The challenge was that when we special ordered the dresses, I didn't know I was pregnant! Come the time of the wedding I was going to be 21 weeks along, meaning I needed to wait until the last possible second to get my dress altered as I knew I would be growing quickly. I found Becky about 3-4 weeks out from the wedding and quickly emailed her with my dilemma. I was extremely nervous as one alterations place had already told me that my dress was unable to be taken out ... at all. I continued on and took the dress to Becky. She assured me that she could get about 4-4.5 inches out of the four seams!! I was thrilled!! I picked my dress up one week before we were heading out of town and it was perfect! I even had a little room to be comfortable! She even waived her standard 'rush' fee due to my pregnancy and ever-changing body which was extremely appreciated.

Becky did an excellent job and both calmly and professionally assured me that she could get the job done. It is with pleasure that I write this review and recommend Becky for any dress alterations you might have.

Candace · Married on 03/19/2011

I cannot say enough to explain how incredibly amazing she is! Becky helped me in March 2009 alter a bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding. I brought the same dress back to Becky in January 2010 and asked for the dress to be transformed to match a dress for another wedding. I also brought in a friends dress that needed the same changes as my dress. All I did was bring the dress in, show her a picture of how the dress needed to look and put the dress on so Becky could make a few marks and then I was on my way. I came back in at a later date to pick the dresses up at a later date and was absolutely thrilled. Becky did an amazing job on the dresses! The dresses were perfect and the bride could not have been happier with how they looked. Becky is fantastic! If you need alterations of any sort, you should take everything to Becky! You will not be disappointed!!!

Jennifer · Married on 12/21/2010

I have a problem with pants fitting because I am thick around the middle and have slim legs. This was the first time I have ever had anything altered. Becky tapered the legs in 4 pair of pants. They fit me perfectly for the first time in my life...I almost cried! She did a fantastic job. I will be using her services from here on out! THANK YOU BECKY!!!

Natalea · Married on 12/11/2010

I got my dress from Becky... gorgeous!!!! She even lengthened it for me and was so helpful! She is a wonderful seamstress and just a nice woman. HIGHLY recommend her!

Sherrie · Married on 03/27/2010

Becky's Alterations is a wonderful vendor for not just your Bridal Gown, but bridesmaids, flower girls and your normal clothing alterations. Becky is a 3rd Generation Seamstress and is affortable and an expert at her trade. She is friendly and everything she touches turns out perfect. I have had my own and family bridesmaid dresses altered there as well as my own personal wedding gown...I would never go anywhere else, Becky is the only person I would allow to touch my gown!

Sarah · Married on 04/11/2015

Becky is amazing. I had my initial consultation with Becky regarding alteration of my wedding dress. I really liked her but my mother-in-law (who was paying) wanted me to use her own seamstress. I will note, however, how helpful Becky was. Even after she found out I wouldn't be using her for alterations she offered me lots of advice about my wedding gown alteration process, care, etc. She was sensitive to body image issues. Her location was a calm and relaxed environment. I sent my bridesmaids to her and I ended up using her services to have my gown and veil steamed before the big day. Her rates are definitely fair but she is popular so make sure to book early!

Dawn · Married on 05/11/2014

I was very blessed by Becky's service. She was most helpful and professional in every way.

Debbie · Married on 04/25/2015

I can't say enough good things about my positive, professional and perfect experience I had hiring Becky. I am new to the area and was so very pleased to have found Becky since I had no one to give a recommendation. She is super friendly and her work is suburb. I truly enjoyed my fittings and would never consider going else where! Thank you soooo much Becky

Mary · Married on 12/10/2011

I went to Becky's Alterations and Bridal Boutique not sure if I would find success or not. Becky had quite the job in front of her as I needed a dress that would fit my 7-month pregnant body. Little did I know that after trying on only a handful of dresses, I would find one that was absolutely perfect.
    They listened to my wish list and helped me to understand what would and wouldn't work in a dress. I received so many compliments on my wedding dress. I cannot adequately express how grateful I am for their help.

• Tonya

Tonya · Married on 09/17/2011

Absolutely wonderful experience. Becky did the most beautiful job on my flower girls dresses (I had two). Good value as well.

Chelsea · Married on 09/24/2016

2.2
      1.5
      3.0
      1.5

I cannot recommend Becky. I was incredibly disappointed in her work. She is a very sweet lady but I really wish I would have taken my dress somewhere else to be altered. For my final appointment, the first thing I noticed was that the belt she attached was put on crooked. It was so obvious so it should have never been handed to me like that in the first place. She had me take the dress off and she went and fixed it while I waited. I then put the dress back on and realized that she must have been rushing because the belt was still not properly attached right. Additionally, my dress had some lace that bordered the neckline and I asked her to change a couple of things about it...she did such a lazy job with it. I had to ask her to fix that as well. I just got my wedding pictures back and you can ever so clearly see where she messed up a section of that. However, what really set me over the edge was when it was the week of my wedding and I was taking my dress to have it steamed and I noticed BLOOD all along the lace at the bottom of my dress. I cannot even describe how I felt in that moment. During my final appointment with her she actually spotted some blood on my belt and her exact words were "my DNA is all over these dresses. I prick myself all the time". First off, why would you even say that to a bride? Second off, try to be more careful? The lace that ran all along the bottom of my dress had little blood droplets all over the place. I wish I would have noticed at my final appointment with her, however I wasn't looking at the bottom of my dress then. I had to take it the dry cleaners and they did their best to get it out, however the blood wasn't able to be completely removed because it had sat on there for too long. No bride should have to deal with the horror of spotting blood on their wedding dress.

1.0

I could not be more disappointed with my alterations experience with Becky's Alterations. She was unprofessional, dismissive, & she took zero responsibility for the fact that she improperly altered my dress. Instead of taking responsibility for the mistakes she made, she implied that the dress didn't fit because I had gained weight (even after I told her I had been monitoring my weight & was sure I had not). I was charged $500 for alterations by Becky and am now taking my dress for alterations elsewhere to hopefully undo what she did. I received no refund or apologies from her. This has been the most stressful aspect of my wedding planning process. Seek alterations elsewhere.

Sent on 01/13/2016

Becky's Alterations's reply:

I understand that a bride's wedding day is the most important but highly stressful day and her gown is the single most important garment that she will ever wear. I strive to make all my brides feel beautiful in their gowns and always go the extra mile to assure that, as my reviews show. Sometimes, at the final fitting, that extra mile may be additional adjustments to a portion of the gown after the alterations have been completed. Unfortunately, after agreeing to the additional alterations for her gown, this bride chose to take her gown prior to the additional alterations being made. I do hope that wherever she takes her gown can please her and her wedding is wonderful.