Astro Entertainment Reviews

Astro Entertainment 7
  • Beth

Beth Carter · Married on 11/24/2018

Best wedding ever

We hired Danny Gray to be our DJ for our wedding reception and cocktail hour. He was AWESOME. He worked with my fiance (now husband!) and I to make sure the night was exactly what we envisioned. He kept everyone out on the dance floor. He even managed to incorporate my husband's rock music requests into the dinner hour seamlessly (and let me tell you I had my doubts but wanted to give my husband what he wanted). Our wedding day was hands down the best day of my life and Danny is part of the reason why.

• natasha

natasha · Married on 11/11/2018

Faith Fusion Fairy Tale Wedding

DJ Danny Gray was FAB! I got married at the Princess Anne Country Club on 11/11/18. I am new to the VB area which meant I really had to do my research. Above being new to the area, I come from a middle eastern background and was worried about how much experience our DJ has playing Arabic songs, and how well they would include this important detail in our multicultural wedding. DJ Danny called me and made sure every Arabic song was the right on my playlist and this alone reassured me and showed that he really cared.

I knew I wanted him to DJ our wedding from all the great reviews people have left him, which he honestly deserves. All parties require GREAT music, so why would you not want the best at a day that is so monumental in your life? I was lucky that he was available to share our special day with us. Even more impressive my husband and I only gave him less than a WEEK to prepare for it HAHA! He's so experienced and professional you would never have guessed it.

He was so well prepared, super sweet to our guests, and very communicative. WHITE GLOVE SERVICE. He had my mother dancing all night, something she never does due to his great playlist. I swear my guests would not leave even after the wedding was over because he was amazing. Thank you again DJ Danny such a great guy! Clay and I can not thank you enough!!!!!

Shelby · Married on 11/10/2018

Danny at Astro was the best!!!

We had the best time at our wedding. The music selection was EXACTLY what we wanted. His professionalism before and during the wedding was second to none. From calling to ensure he had the pronunciation of everyone’s names correct, to listening to the speeches and proceeding to play the songs that were referred to in said speeches, Danny and Astro are the best choice for a wedding DJ!! You will not be disappointed!

• Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/28/2018

Dj danny gray is awesome!

Our wedding day was so amazing thanks to are amazing vendors especially DJ Danny Gray! He made our night move so smoothly and kept the dance floor moving at the Woman’s club of Portsmouth! We all had a blast! If your looking for a DJ, Danny Gray is who you want to book! He’s such an easy going guy and has sooo many song choices for whatever type of night your wanting for your event! Thanks Danny!

Crystal Lunkwitz · Married on 10/26/2018

Blessing to our special night

Danny was amazing. He made the night a blast and made us all have fun. Danny added to our special night and made our older family members have fun as well. If you use Astro ask for Danny is the best!!!!

• Eve

Eve Glenn · Married on 10/20/2018

The best vendor ever!

Astro Entertainment was the BEST investment that we could have ever made! Danny was our DJ and the service that he provided epitomized the phrase customer service. He was knowledgeable, anticipated our needs and provided suggestions of best practices based on his years of experience. He was personable, punctual, communicative and reassuring. Danny made our wedding experience a dream and we are forever grateful for him and would HIGHLY recommend him. He currated playlists based on our personal styles and what we believed our guests would love were on point and EVERYONE commented on how amazing he was. Thank you so much Danny for the best wedding gift, we are eternally grateful!
    - The Glenns

Astro Entertainment 8

Kim · Married on 10/19/2018

10/10 would recommend

Danny was AWESOME! We had an absolute blast at our wedding and he had the dance floor packed the entire night. He did a great job of reading the room and anticipating what everyone wanted to hear. We got so many compliments from our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend Astro DJ!

Joyce · Married on 10/12/2018

Dj danny gray was amazing

We had the opportunity to work with Astro and DJ Danny Gray recently for our wedding and reception on October 12, 2018. Bottom line up front- he is responsive, receptive, creative, caring and full of energy and fun!
    He made sure the day was so special and nothing less than what we could have wished for. He read the paperwork thoroughly prior to calling me and it was even sooner than I expected. We went over every detail and even things I didn't think to ask. He was quick to respond to email and phone calls. We even had the chance to speak an additional time to make sure it was all smooth.
    He started the party and kept the party going throughout the whole night. EVERYONE was dancing- even grandparents and the guys that “hate dancing”.
    The only thing I regret is not having a photo with him!
    I can’t thank him enough for providing us with the best combination of music and fun to dance to.

ashley · Married on 10/06/2018

Danny with Astro did a fantastic job! He is energetic and funny, and fit my husband and I's personality exactly. He helped make our wedding the party we have always dreamed about!

• Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2018

Astro/DJ Danny Gray

Astro is really well-known in the area, so it was a no brainer to go with them for our wedding. They do give you the option to request a DJ (for a fee), or submit preferences and they will try to provide who's available. We opted not to pay an additional fee (didn't think we could go wrong regardless with Astro), and had DJ Danny Gray. Danny and I talked the day before to review the music choices and schedule of the night. He was very friendly and wanted to make sure he knew the style we were looking for. Day of, he did a wonderful job keeping people on the dance floor and our guests entertained. He played a great variety of music, and also incorporated a lot of the requests we had from our guests. My husband and I danced all night (we're not dancers), and had a great time. I feel like once all the formal program items are done and it's just an open dance floor is when the couple gets to have the most fun. I really think it was one of the best parts of our wedding, because you finally get to relax, have fun, and enjoy your event that you've worked so hard at planning. We would highly recommend Danny for this reason. Thank you Danny for helping us truly enjoy our day!!

• Jillian

Jillian · Married on 10/06/2018

Rodney Rocked!

Rodney was AWESOME. The day of the wedding there was literally never a moment when the dance floor was empty.
    Plus, leading up to the wedding, he was incredibly easy to work with and chatted with us on the phone multiple times to narrow in on the feel we were hoping for. He combined a great mix of what he knew would keep people on the dance floor + our own personal preferences and requests.
    Would highly recommend him to anyone!

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2018

This team is hands down the absolute best to work with! They were willing to work with my budget and very responsive throughout the entire process. No pressure to book certain items, but they do offer quite a few options. Our DJ, Kurt, was phenomenal! We asked for a DJ who was also an MC and willing to keep the party going, Kurt did that and more! He was dancing with us and had the perfect personality for our fun vibe! Everyone loved him and he really did a fantastic job!

johana · Married on 09/09/2018

An Amazing evening

We can't not think of a better DJ than Larry for our wedding. He was part of the family, Larry was so much fun everyone enjoyed the music. Our wedding was small but we love to dance and the music was awesome. From the beginning Pari was great, really helpful and professional the party was guaranteed to be a success. thank you Pari and Larry for making our day special and unforgettable

Danielle Herriges · Married on 09/08/2018

Astro/Kurt

Kurt was an awesome DJ! We had the wedding of a lifetime! We had guests of all ages and he had everyone dancing the whole night!

• Eunice

Eunice · Married on 09/07/2018

I have to say that Astro exceeded my expectations for DJ and day of coordinator. Danny Gray did an excellent job DJ'ing and even encouraged my dad (who was nervous about his speech) telling him that he was going to do a great job. He kept us all as best as he could on the dance floor all though it was terribly humid during my wedding. Everyone keeps commenting that the DJ was amazing and that he was so much fun.
    Pari as a day-of-coordinator.... she was truly amazing, she kept me on task during the wedding. Most of my wedding party was absent on rehearsal day but she was able to get everyone to do everything correctly. Not only that but she made sure that everything was done according to plan. She truly was amazing, super nice and calmed me down about the heat wave my wedding was in the middle of.
    We also used Astro for photo booths, it was awesome. I was afraid my family wasn't going to partake but they were the ones that used it the most. We also got some video messages included in the booth was so great to watch afterward.
    I cannot speak highly enough of Astro, I will definitely use them again for future events.

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Astro Entertainment was the obvious choice to DJ our wedding and they surpassed all of our expectations in every way. They sat down with us initially and went over all the different options available to us and found what worked best for us. Communicating with them was quick and easy and someone always got back to us with a response when we had questions or concerns. Then, on our big day, our DJ, Larry, rocked it.

Our biggest concern for the reception was that we wanted everyone to dance, and Larry kept everyone engaged and out on the dance floor the whole night long. Everybody had a great time, and Larry provided small subtle touches in his music choices and timing that made every special moment a little extra special. We would highly recommend Astro and DJ Larry again to anyone!

Kristie · Married on 08/18/2018

We booked Danny for DJ and Sara and Pari for Day Of Service. Oh my goodness they were amazing!! Pari & Sara took all the stress and worry off of me and my friends & family who would of had to step in. Danny was equally as amazing. Everyone is still talking about how amazing it was and how much fun. These things can make or break your wedding and Astro made it amazing! Thank you!! Kristie & Ryan 8/18/18

Stevi · Married on 08/12/2018

Astro was awesome and super patient with my Husband. He wanted to plan every song of the night!!! Our Dj was Johnny and he handled everything very well and helped every moment of the night!!!

• Christy

Christy · Married on 08/03/2018

When I thought about my wedding I always envisioned a band. After doing some research I didn’t find any bands that I loved. I decided I wanted a DJ and heard multiple positive things about Astro DJs and Roger. Doing some more research I decided Roger was the best choice. Roger and Astro were very easy to communicate with through phone and email. They made me feel important and paid close attention to the details I wanted. They were willing to answer all of my questions and concerns. Roger was on time, looked professional, and acted professional the whole evening. The Astro Entertainment staff were clear about the contract & pricing, and made sure my needs were met.
    Roger kept the party going all night. He made the wedding fun and had all ages on the dance floor. You can tell Roger loves his job and makes everyone have a good time. I am so glad I had a DJ, and specifically Roger. With a DJ they can play the specific songs that you would like to hear and can play multiple types of music. I had multiple people compliment my DJ and how fun the event was. I would recommend him to anyone. He is amazing and your wedding will be great with Roger.

Shania · Married on 07/21/2018

Astro Entertainment provided us a DJ and a day of coordinator for our wedding. Our DJ Rodney did such an amazing job at our wedding! He was so professional and kept the party going all night! He also helped transistion between all the special events we had planned that evening. 100% would recommend! Thank you Rodney! Our DOC Sara Logan was so amazing! If it weren't for her, our wedding just wouldn't have happened! She made sure that every little detail was complete and perfect and I am so grateful for her!! She is VERY experienced with weddings and knew just what to do! Thank you Sara!!!

Mona · Married on 07/20/2018

WOW! Just amazing. Danny is an incredible DJ and anyone would be lucky to book him for their wedding. My husband and I had the time of our lives at our wedding. It would NOT have been the same if it wasn't for him. Pari Smith also did an incredible job. Never did I feel worried about any logistics going wrong on my wedding day, because of her. BOOK ASTRO & STOP LOOKING.

Christopher · Married on 07/13/2018

Besides the whole getting married part Danny Gray from Astro Entertainment was one of the highlights from our wedding day. He made everything from walking down isle to three different songs, background music for our sand ceremony, and the entire night a breeze for us. Danny was able to let us as a couple do everything that we wanted too while also keeping us on time with the schedule we had created. Finally, he was such a great entertainer that he was able to get people who don't normally dance out there on the dace floor. If you want your wedding day to be even more special I would 100% suggest using Danny from Astro Entertainment to help!

Delphie · Married on 07/07/2018

Astro was amazing, not only with their affordable prices but also with their spot on communication. They were one of the easiest vendors to work with. Nick - our photobooth operator was super friendly and put up the photobooth and ran it all night. He was super fun to work with and I wouldn't recommend a better team than DJ Danny and Nick for your wedding, Don't even think about booking anybody BUT DJ Danny Gray. He is such a presence in a crowd, he got the youngest to the oldest people and family members at our wedding up and jumping on the dance floor. We literally had my 87 year old grandmother dancing with a 12 year old and a 22 year old to Michael Jackson. He was so easy to work with and honestly, he's hilarious. All the ladies at the wedding were #obsessed with him and tbh so was I. Not only was Danny very prompt with email communication but he also made it a point to call me a few days before the wedding to ask me how to pronounce the bridal party names (we had some exotic ones) which I really appreciated. Also, we were having a bilingual wedding (French and English) and I had just ask Danny to play two specific French songs and that would be fine but half way through the wedding I hadn't noticed yet but everyone on my side of the family (who spoke French) came up to tell me that the DJ was playing the hottest hits from Montreal and in french! I didn't even ask Danny to do that and he didn't even mention it which I thought was the nicest thing to do. Danny went out of his way to make sure that we had fun (which we definitely did) and he catered to the atmosphere of our wedding really well. I told him that we wanted everyone including our vendors to have a great time and he basically threw us the best party ever. Thank you so much Danny for being amazing, you truly are a boss at your job and we can't wait to hire you again (neither can my mom honestly, she probably loved him more than I did). He worked well on the fly, and worked/communicated with the other ve

Rebecca · Married on 06/29/2018

Astro and Danny are the absolute best! Astro was very responsive from the beginning and worked with me to make sure we got everything we wanted! Danny was our DJ and he was amazing! We had several conversations before the big day to ensure that everything was perfect, and it was! I got so many compliments on Danny! Really wouldn't have changed a thing about my experience with them! Thank you for helping us make it the best day ever!!