Astro Entertainment Reviews

545 | Virginia Beach, VA

545 Reviews for Astro Entertainment

Brian M. · Getting married on 02/07/2022

The only DJ company to hire for your wedding

Hey all reading this review, my name is Brian and I just got married at the end of July 2020, and used Astro Ent, as our wedding DJ. Man oh man, am I so glad that we did! Huge shout out to DJ Larry D for playing our hits all night long. As someone who loves to dance at a wedding (especially my own) Larry made the night truly special. Larry was very invested in us having as much fun as possible. Larry is amazing to work with and catered to our every need! Larry is an extremely talented and technical DJ and knows when to Pump up the Jams and when to let some folks catch their breath!

DJ Larry knows how to Party and is I couldn't recommend him more! Do yourself a favor and hire DJ Larry D for your upcoming celebrations or Events!

Thanks again Larry!

Sent on 08/04/2020
  • Brianna

Brianna M. · Married on 12/10/2020

Ask for Larry D. !!!!

Larry was awesome, interactive, and just overall a “crowd” pleaser. We had a relatively small wedding - shout out to COVID - but Larry kept everyone on the dancefloor and moving! I had a couple guests with last minute song requests and he didn’t hesitate! He was very friendly and was awesome at communicating with the venue and myself. I recommend him highly!! If I need a DJ for anything again - without a doubt - we will definitely book Larry!! Thanks again Larry!!

- I must add the whole Astro company, Chassie, mainly who I spoke to were awesome and flexible. Especially with everything going on during planning. My husband and I truly appreciate you!!

AND not to mention you can’t beat their price! Weddings are expensive, save yourself some $$$

Sent on 01/10/2021
  • Daniel

Daniel K. · Married on 11/21/2020

Unbelievable Service

AstroDJ, and specifically Danny Gray, are amazing. They worked with us through planning a pandemic wedding - a year that saw closures, reopening's, and closures/restrictions again a few days prior to our wedding. Astro and Danny worked with us every step of the way and were consummate professionals - cannot recommend them enough. Thank you!

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole S. · Married on 11/07/2020

Incredible

DJ Danny was absolutely incredible. He went above and beyond to make our ceremony and reception everything we dreamed it could be and more. Every had a blast. I would recommend him time and time again.

Sent on 11/09/2020
  • Clara

Clara Q. · Married on 11/06/2020

Danny was hands down the best for the job!

Danny was our DJ and amazing is an understatement for how he was! He is super attentive and makes sure that you are enjoying the music! He definitely kept the party going and everyone complimented the song choices! If o ever need a DJ, Danny is 100% the first person I’d call! We absolutely loved him! Thank you so much Danny!!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Rachel S. · Married on 10/31/2020

Perfect music and energy

Working with Astro has been a joy! From hiring to the music list to working with Cory, the process was seamless. Sara was super helpful in answering all our questions and keeping us on track. Cory played everything that was asked for and kept our tough crowd out on the dance floor!

Sent on 11/03/2020
  • Claudia

Claudia M. · Married on 10/31/2020

Excellent. Fun.! Very nice

Danny did a excellent job from Astro DJ. He kept the party going!!! We had a blast. He played everything we wanted and he made our day perfect. He found us our first dance song from a singer that only had the live version available. I danced the night away. It was a blast!!!! Thank you DANNY !!!!!
    (Photo taken by Lauren O’Quinn )
    Me & Danny

Sent on 01/15/2021
  • Daniela

Daniela G. · Married on 10/17/2020

So much fun!

Our night was awesome! The booking process was easy and the staff was super responsive. Our DJ, Jarrett, was so great! He incorporated music from the 70s to today, which everyone loved. Also, he incorporated a lot of Latin music which was super important to us. All in all, the whole experience was easy, stress free, and exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 10/24/2020

Shannon P. · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfect Wedding Night!

We had DJ Danny Gray for our wedding on 10/10/2020. He helped us have the most amazing night! Danny helped give me ideas on the ceremony music and he was spot on with the reception. You can tell he is very experienced and knows how to please a crowd. When I thought things weren’t going as imagined with guests dancing, he came out onto the dance floor, got my guests out of their seats, and danced with everyone! One of the best parts of the night was the mother-son dance. Danny was on the same page with us when we had the idea to invite all other mothers and sons to join in. It was such a memorable moment. He also got the groom to open up during the garter toss, talking him into dancing and crawling on the floor! It was a hit! We are extremely satisfied and highly recommend booking Astro DJ for your event! Make sure to request DJ Danny Gray!!!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Carter S. · Married on 10/03/2020

Danny Was The Most Fun DJ!

We were so lucky to have Danny DJ our wedding! From our first phone call, I knew he was going to be so great to work with. He walked through our whole timeline with us and discussed each song choice and made us feel super comfortable. The wedding was on the beach and he made sure everything was perfect and you could hear everything. At the reception he was so great at getting the party started and making sure everyone was up and having a great time! I can’t say enough great things about Danny. I would highly recommend booking him!!!!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Megan

Megan M. · Married on 09/09/2020

Danny was the best!

Our wedding was originally scheduled for 5/23/20. That changed 100 times over thanks to covid. We went from a 200 person wedding to a 30 person wedding. We changed wedding dates three times, venues, guest count, time of the wedding—everything. Astro was nothing but kind and professional the whole time.

On our wedding day, my maids of honors couldn’t be there due to travel bans from New York to Virginia. Both of them recorded a video of their speeches and Danny was able to play their speeches to me on projectors, within hours notice so it was like they were still in the room giving their speeches for the whole wedding to here. Something so small that meant everything to me. My husband and I have different musical taste and my husband decided he wanted to ax my playlist halfway through the wedding and Danny accommodated that within seconds. Our wedding was SO small, and he still kept it fun and kept everyone dancing! He also listened to my crazy covid bride requests and changes and was very kind. We’d recommend Danny for any event!—the Mercogliano’s

Sent on 09/09/2020
  • Z

Zachary Z. · Married on 09/07/2020

Danny was excellent!

Danny made us appreciate the kind of difference a great DJ can make. He was very easy for my bride and I to work with, and though we had a small group at our wedding, he made it so much fun! While he doesn’t get credit for my Dad’s sweet dance moves, I tip my hat to Danny for getting him and so many others to jump on the dance floor and have a good time. It’s no surprise he’s already so well-reviewed, and my beloved and I heartily recommend his services!

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Jasmine

Jasmine C. · Married on 09/03/2020

Amazing music

We had the privilege of having Danny DJ our wedding and we could not ask for a more perfect fit! He was extremely easy to work with and kept the music going! Not to mention he totally dressed the part to go with our theme of our wedding! We received so many compliments about how good the music was and how the transitions flowed effortlessly! I would 100% book Danny again for any and all events!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Shirronda · Married on 08/16/2020

The DJ was like family and very friendly!

He was there to cater to whatever I needed!

Sent on 08/17/2020
  • Shaun

Shaun B. · Married on 06/27/2020

Roger made our night!

BOOK THEM! My husband is a big believed that the DJ makes the wedding, and it is so true! Roger kept the party going for our whole night. We gave him a list of songs we wanted. He played those, but was also able to feel the "vibe" or our guests and get people out on the dance floor. We had so many people come up to us and tell us how good our DJ was. If you are looking for a party atmosphere at your wedding, you need to hire Astro!

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Megan

Megan G. · Married on 03/21/2020

Best DJ Ever!

I attended a wedding and had a blast so asked about the DJ. We then hired astro for our wedding and the DJ we wanted was not available but now we are THANKFUL because we got Danny! He made everything a breeze! The entire process with covid and moving dates and venues was no problem and he made the whole day about us and what we wanted! Music was awesome! Communication awesome! We had the best wedding ever .. so FUN! and we owe alot of that to Danny being our DJ! Thank You

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Anita

Anita B. · Married on 02/08/2020

My experience with Astro Entertainment

Astro Entertainment made my event fun, memorable and affordable. They worked with me to give me everything I wanted to make my day special. DJ Bryan was very accommodating and friendly. I couldn't ask for a better DJ. I highly recommend Astro Entertainment and DJ Bryan.

Sent on 02/20/2020

Brit W. · Married on 01/25/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Danny was top notch, HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 03/06/2020
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/03/2020

DJ Danny Gray is highly recommended!

Danny was amazinggggg! I would highly recommended him for any function, I might be a little biased but he is the BEST DJ in the Hampton Roads area. You cannot go wrong if you are lucky enough to snag him for your wedding. We gave Danny very little guidance and trusted him to use his natural talent to get the party going and boy did he do that and so much more. We have received so many compliments from guests about how our dj kept them on the dance floor the whole night even though they never dance at weddings. I honestly have no complaints and wouldn’t change a thing. He is so personable and loves to get to know the couple and their music preferences, as well as helps with scheduling and making sure the whole night goes smoothly. Not a single thing went wrong (well it was a wedding so I’m sure something went wrong but Danny handled it all without the bride getting word of it) which was such a relief to turn the night over to him. My wife and I were contemplating a band in the beginning of the wedding planning process and looking back, we definitely made the right decision to go with Danny. The atmosphere was far better than what I think any band could have done. Thank you so so much to Danny for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Bryan

Bryan D. · Married on 12/28/2019

Wedding Planner Sarah Logan and DJ Rodney Charles were the best!

My wife and I could not have asked for a better entertainment team for our wedding then Astro. To start the event planning off, they immediately offered a Month-Of Planner, Photo Booth, AND DJ for an extremely reasonable price. In addition, they had previous experience with our venue.....which made everything more reassuring for us.

Our DJ, Rodney Charles, knew exactly what he was doing when I sent him our music selections. He played the specific music I requested before the wedding, and he knew how to keep the crowd in a lively mood during the entire reception.

Sarah Logan, our Wedding Planner, was absolutely fantastic the entire month we worked with her. After our first meeting, she informed my wife and I on how we did not need to worry about anything else......it was all her from there. She ensured our timeline was perfect during our big day, and took all the weight off our shoulders so we could enjoy our amazing wedding. Out of all the great aspects of Sarah's professionalism, one aspect truly stood out to Erin and I during the event. When our cake topper got misplaced with the incorrect item, we immediately went to ask Sarah if she knew what happened. Without hesitation, Sarah apologized for the screw-up and told us she would take care of it. As an active duty military officer, you can not put a price-tag on integrity.....and Sarah has plenty of it. Within two days, the cake topper we originally ordered was mailed to our house in perfect condition. Sarah did not have to do this amazing gesture after the wedding......but she did it anyway.

Again, we cannot express how awesome Astro Entertainment conducted our wedding. Hire Sarah and Rodney right away.....they will go above and beyond to make your wedding the best day of your lives.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Kelly · Married on 11/02/2019

Highly recommend-dj valente

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DJ Valente from Astro Entertainment for your wedding day and all events for that matter. He initially DJ’d at my friend’s wedding which is where I first met him and from that night on, I knew I had to have him for our wedding. Valente is so fun and upbeat! He was able to put all my worries at ease as he was very confident and experienced in his skills which made for such a memorable night. He kept everyone dancing literally all night. He was able to read the crowd perfectly and play music off their vibes in combination with the songs I had requested. Both the older crowd and the younger crowd had a BLAST as the music truly appealed to everyone. Our wedding was in November and people are STILL talking about how great Valente was and how the music was just perfect. In addition to the music, Valente was so timely with making announcements/introductions and coordinating with our day of coordinator. He was very flexible and just made it work. He excelled with his ability to time the songs being played for special moments (bridal party walking down the aisle, bride walking down the aisle, bridal party introductions, bride and groom introductions, etc.) and faded out the music just perfectly when applicable. Valente even went above and beyond and volunteered to run and find my mom from another area so she wouldn’t miss our sparkler send off. Just a stand-up guy that my husband and I truly consider a friend for life! If I could give him 10 stars, I would!! He does not disappoint! Seriously, right now, go book Valente through Astro Entertainment!

Sent on 05/13/2020
  • Nichole

Nichole D. · Married on 10/26/2019

DJ JJ was the life of the reception!!

If you go through Astro Entertainment for your DJ, I can't even begin to say how much of a delight DJ JJ Castro was!! JJ was actually recommended to me by my boss who'd hired him for her daughter's graduation party. She said that she and her family were so incredibly happy with him, that I ought to try him out--and boy, am I so happy I did! JJ did such a great job getting my family and friends on the dance floor, half of whom said that they "don't dance". Our reception was such a blast because of JJ's outgoing personality--the dance floor was hopping all night long! 100% recommend JJ and Astro Entertainment!

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine · Married on 10/26/2019

DJ Roger Cruz was outstanding!

We had a great experience with Astro Entertainment! Working with Sara was very easy as they were flexible with our requests. DJ Roger Cruz had our wedding on the dance floor literally all night! The music selection was excellent and he was totally engaged with our guests! Roger was so fun to work with and he totally exceeded our expectations! Couldn't be happier with our choice. We highly recommend DJ Roger Cruz and Astro Entertainment!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Joshua J. · Married on 10/19/2019

Dj Danny Gray

My wife and I just had our wedding on Saturday and we went with Astro Entertainment for our DJ and lighting vendor. We were able to request DJ Danny Gray and, honestly, this was probably one of the best decisions we made for our big day! Our reception could not have been any more fun. Danny did a phenomenal job keeping the guests entertained and the flow of music was second to none. I would highly recommend going with Astro Entertainment and requesting DJ Danny Gray for any event! Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer S. · Married on 10/19/2019

The Perfect Night

My husband and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Astro Entertainment! They took care of our lighting, photo booth, and DJ/music, which made planning the reception really convenient. DJ Danny Gray made the night one to remember! So many people complimented our music and he kept the night flowing really nicely. He was also really accommodating to our requests and offered great suggestions. Book your event with Astro!

Sent on 10/25/2019