40 Reviews for Angela Disrud Photography

37 Angela Disrud Photography Reviews

4.7

Angela Disrud has an amazing eye and although I tried to do my wedding on the cheap in every way possible, this was the one expense worth paying for. She captured EVERYTHING so beautifully that there was no need to even pay for a videographer, and I work in video for a living. She is a story teller and not just a point and shoot picture taker. Her passion for her work and her craft shows in every shot she takes. She will make sure your special day is memorialized in the most beautiful way possible.

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela is always a pleasure to work with and is incredibly flexible. Her work is absolutely gorgeous!!! Truly one of the best choices we made! She has attention to detail that is unmatched with any other photographer's work I've seen in Nashville. Amazing!!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela Disrud has been a Wonderful photographer for our 2 different weddings, an engagement session and a Four Generation photo shoot. For each job she was always prompt, easy to work with, not wasteful of time, efficient, calm when no one else is calm, and all the qualities you need to gently reign in a crowd of unorganized people. Her skilled photography is what really is timeless, gentle, and most importantly artful. What I also remember is how I do not remember her taking all the wonderful photos, she just managed to slide in and around with out being really noticed. She is excellent and would highly recommend her for any special event you may need to be recorded beautifully for years to come. C.McMurray

Profile Picture Catherine, 9/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela did a fabulous job with our wedding photos. I fell in love with her style of photography and was even more impressed after talking to her on the phone on several occasions. (We were coming from St. Louis so she was very flexible about phone-conferencing!) She gave us a wide variety of shots to choose from and she felt like a natural addition to our wedding night; all of my family complimented her easy-going personality and hard work (she was snapping pictures from the moment she got there until the moment she left). We would definitely choose Angela again and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 1/21/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

In short, my fiance and I tend to have very high standards...and we recommend Angela's service and work at the highest level!

My fiance and I searched so many photographers before meeting with Angela. We were looking for someone that could capture the beauty of the day in more of a photo-journalistic way. In two words, we wanted something classic and timeless.

We saw many galleries from other photographers that were thousands more but could not achieve this level of honesty. Eventually, we found Angela. As much as we liked her galleries, we were blown away by the caliber of her work! She captured the intimacy and romance in our engagement pictures. She balanced her artistic eye without losing site of the priorities my fiance and I had provided her. Not to mention, that she worked around our difficult schedule!

Our wedding day was more of the same. She was easy to work with, found interesting shots and didn't lose focus of the traditional shots that we wanted. Moreover, she captured so much honest emotion between us and our families. The result was priceless. When I look at the pictures, I can see and feel every ounce of emotion again.

Profile Picture Mike, 11/5/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was the perfect photographer for us! She is so talented, sweet and professional and blended right into our ceremony and party. When we first spoke with Angela we requested that she just "capture" all parts of the day naturally, but last-minute, the "mothers" wanted some "staged family shots" too. With bright sun light and shadows from trees and over twenty immediate (unruly) family members, Angela was able to corral everyone effectively and shoot the most beautiful (and some funny) family pictures. There were so many amazing pictures to choose from and the "art book" that she created using our pictures was the most special memoir I can imagine. If you are on the fence about getting the book, DO IT, you will FOREVER be so glad you did!
Angela also suggested some really cool-looking spots around Nashville and took our pictures there, which we LOVE. My new husband does not like being photographed and freezes up for the camera, somehow Angela captured really great, natural smiles. She also took pictures of us with our dog. Casey, the dog, sat in between us, looking at the camera and it even looks like she is smiling!
Angela is a great photographer and was probably the most easy-going part of our fun day.

Profile Picture Davilyn , 10/22/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was so wonderful to work with. She was kind and very helpful when I was selecting albums and pictures. She always responded to my questions quickly. The final coffee table album is beautiful. We are very pleased.

Profile Picture Susie, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was a wonderful photographer to work with! She was very organized and efficient. She also has a very calm demeanor that was very helpful in calming wedding day jitters. We had limited time to take the pictures at our church and Angela was very good about getting all the pictures we wanted and managing all of the different wedding party and family members. We were very happy with the pictures and our experience working with her. Thank you Angela!

Profile Picture McColl, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved the wedding pictures. Angela was so kind. She took time with us and She got to know our whole family. We were very happy with Angela. We would definetly recommend her . She was a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Amethia, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had a wonderful experience with Angela Disrud. She was so kind and helpful. She was very professional and always listened to my opinion.

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was wonderful to work with. She was professional yet friendly through every step of the process. The photos of our wedding day turned out beautiful!

Profile Picture Stacy, 10/16/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela did my wedding. She's a wonderful photographer and person. Her work is timeless and she has a very calming presence. It truly makes a difference who's behind the camera and Angela was wonderful. She wasn't demanding or bossy, she had a wonderful flow and just calmly guided us through the different shots. A pleasure to work with and the pictures are absolutely stunning!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 9/4/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't have asked for a more professional and thoughtful photographer. Angela was a blessing to work with and has such an incredible eye! Our wedding had a few challenges (what wedding doesnt?!), and she was one of the vendors that I truly felt went above and beyond the call on our day. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone. Our wedding pictures, album, parents' albums - everything turned our superb. Thanks again Angela!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/19/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I loved working with Angela as our wedding photographer. The moment we signed with Angela, we knew we made the right decision. The photography turned to be one of the most easy, fun, and stress-less wedding experiences! Due to Angela's ease of working with all types of individuals (Moms, Dads, Bride, Groom, Family, guests, etc.) and her eye for beauty, we experienced a smooth and FUN photography process. The bonus: Angela's work product is absolutey beautiful; Angela's compassion and artisan care comes through in every photo and every product.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/15/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We loved the photos Angela took for us. We felt a good rapport with her, and felt very comfortable working with her. We would recommend her in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Johanna, 4/17/10, 1 Review
0.9

My only regret in choosing vendors for our wedding is that we chose Angela over other photographers. The bottom line is, the pictures were not good. I actually prefer the pictures I received from friends using personal digital cameras and phone cameras to those Angela shot. Her photos were washed out and lifeless. She also exhibited some odd behavior, we had hired a vintage Bentley to pick us up at the end of the night, and told her in advance we would pay her extra to take pictures of us getting in the car and leaving. Despite that, she approached us in the final minutes of the wedding while we were about to go between everyone and get in the car to let us know our time was up and we would have to pay her for an additional 15 minutes if we wanted parting shots. It really left a bad taste in our mouth at the end of the evening, and haunted us till the pictures came - which were simply poorly taken and poorly edited. We loved our venue, caterer, band, servers, bar attendants, etc. and it is a haunting disappointment we don't have nice pictures to remember our special wedding night by. It is almost humorous that quite some time after getting married our first thought of our wedding is how great it was and our second thought is how bad the pictures were and Angela's odd behavior.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3480567, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Angela Disrud was the perfect choice for our wedding day photography. She's very professional, friendly, and talented. She did a great job getting the shots we wanted along with all of those special candid moments that you can't plan. Angela does her job well without interupting the flow of the night. Her prices are fair and in my opinion her photos are EXCELLENT. My husband and I loved her style when we chose her and we love the way she incorporated it into our photos. We would hire her again and again if we could!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 6/7/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was so easy to work with and so professional! Thank you for capturing our most memorable moments!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/6/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela did a great job under trying circumstances. The wedding was outdoors and it rained a lot, thus lots of shots under umbrellas and tents. She was flexible and good natured throughout which made the event easier, and the photos were beautiful.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/24/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela provided excellent service! We were extremely satisfied with the wedding photos. She was wonderful to work with!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/18/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was wonderful to work with! I can be uncomfortable in front of the camera, but Angela put me at ease and made me feel beautiful. She got all the special moments with out being intrusive. My family and friends were also impressed with how quickly and quietly she worked. She has a great eye, and I couldn't be more pleased with my wedding pictures. I would and have recommended her to my friends.

Profile Picture Dorian, 11/15/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Angela was such a pleasure to work with. She was recommended to me and after meeting with her I booked her for my wedding. She worked so well with my family and was amazing with my wild groomsmen. She took incredible shots and was able to to do it in the small time we gave her between the cocktail hour and reception. She exceeded my expectations and I continually get compliments on my wedding photos.

I would highly recommend Angela Disrud Photography!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/11/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela was VERY professional each time we met with her (initially meeting her, booking our event, planning photos, on our wedding day, and when we picked up photos from her). Her photos were beautiful and offered a unique style unlike other wedding photographers that had been recommended to us. Her photography style was unobtrusive and relaxed which was VERY important to us (we didn't want to have a photographer with a "crew" of people leaving us feeling like we were being stalked by the paparazzi!). Her website hosted our photos for many months and offered our family and friends the opportunity to see (and order) the photos she took that day. We also appreciate the ability for us to purchase the digital files, so we can reproduce the photos as we want--our wedding photos made great gifts over the holidays and of course are used throughout our new home! Angela's professionalism and great sense of style make her a HIGHLY recommended vendor from our wedding!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/21/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Angela has an incredible eye. She captures artistic angles and fun details of people, decorations, and architecture. She's especially good at capturing personality; we got so many great smiles and dance moves in our pics.

I've been around a lot of wedding photographers, and I have to say that Angela's personality is especially suited to her work. She has a creative eye but also listens to what you want. She was professional and unobtrusive throughout the ceremony and reception, while getting great shots (this is key; I hate photographers cajoling me to smile). Angela is the queen of candids.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/14/08, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Angela is very kind, professional and responsive to what it is that you want. She is not pushy or controlling and captures the "moments" of your wedding. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture rebecca, 12/16/07, 1 Review