John St.Clair Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,200 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,200 Most Popular Price

John St. Clair Photography is an experienced wedding photographer located in Manchester, Tennessee and serving all of Middle Tennessee. Skilled in a variety of styles, including natural light, contemporary, traditional, or vintage, John and his other talented shooters will capture every laugh, happy tear, and candid moment that happens on your big day. The professionalism, vast skill set, and quality of photos produced by John St. Clair Photography has satisfied well over 200 happy couples.

John St. Clair Photography offers three different packages: the Gold package, the Silver package, and the Platinum package. Every package has a variety of amenities including 400-600 edited high-quality images, an engagement shoot, and an album of all the photos. They’re willing to travel and can shoot at multiple locations. Other services include:

Bridal Session

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$750

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Save the Date

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,200

Add'l Hours
Custom Graphics
Slideshow
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Custom Graphics
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Slideshow
Trash The Dress
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Proofs

• Teresa
    Teresa P. Getting married on 09/04/2022

Highly recommend John St. Clair Photography

John St. Clair Photography did a fantastic job! We had engagement photos through him and were blown away by the outcome. John has done photography for over 50 years. He was great at coming up with poses, telling us where to position ourselves, and more! He made our job so easy! He was also very open to our ideas and suggestions. I would use John St. Clair Photography again in a heart beat! Plus he's the cheapest around!

John St.Clair Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Teresa. It was my pleasure to spend the day with you and Logan! Best wishes for your Missouri wedding!
  • Samantha
    Samantha Getting married on 08/22/2022

He was absolutely incredible!

We did our engagement pictures at Fall Creek Falls. John got out and looked around for the best places for us to take out pictures. He even took some candid shots of our son & us with our son. We got our usb with all the pictures on it quickly and they all turned out amazingly! Can’t wait for him to be our wedding photographer

John St.Clair Photography's reply:

Thanks for the kind review. It was a fun day! My favorite shots were over at Cane Creek Falls and that sport overlooking Fall Creek Falls that you and Drew found. I'm glad Drew didn't fall out of that tree!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

John St.Clair Photography 1
Exclusive
John St.Clair Photography 2
Discount

We appreciate all types of public service. We offer a 10% discount for brides and/or grooms that are veterans or active duty military, to first responders, and to school teachers.

Pricing

Team

John St.Clair
John St.Clair
Owner/Photographer

Hi! I'm John and I love taking photos of beautiful and interesting things. You can see from my photo that I've been around a while! I have learned a lot in my years of photography and I am still learning. I am still experimenting. And I am still looking for that perfect picture!

One of the things I love about weddings is meeting all the lovely people from all over the world. I have photographed couples in traditional Hindu, Ghanaian, and Nigerian wedding apparel and a vow renewal at a masquerade ball. I have learned about wedding customs (and duties of the photographer) of many different religions. I have photographed weddings in large cathedrals, country churches, wedding venues, backyards, hilltops, forrests, cliffsides, horse barns, beaches, lakesides, riversides, and once in a grotto! I especially love the differing dances in differing cultures. And, oh my, the food choices!

But in all this diversity, in all these cultures, the wedding is always about love, emotion, dedication, rememberance, and beauty. My philosophy is to do my best to fulfill the bride's vision - to make her dreamed pictures come to life in real photographs. I have lots of experience and I can make suggestions. You can even leave it all to my discretion. But achieving the bride's vision is my goal.

If you would like to know a little about me, I learned photography as a teenager from my older borther who was an Army photographer with the 101st Airborne. I shot my first wedding in 1969 while still in high school. In high school and later at MTSU, I worked as a news and sports photographer for the Murfreesboro Daily News Journal.

I graduated with a math degree from MTSU and became a math teacher for my day job. But I continued to work as a photographer as a second job. I worked as a photographer for the Tullahoma News as well. While a school teacher, I coached girl's basketball and also boy's soccer at Tullahoma High School.

I moved on to become a math professor at Motlow State Community College and then moved on to the Tennessee Board of Regents as the Executive Director of Training & Technical Services of the Regents Online Degree Program. Now I have an Ed.D. from Tennessee State University.

Eventually I moved on to be the Director of Distance Learning at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I finished my carrer in education as Director of Consulting at Desire2Learn, an international software company.

I have been to 44 of the 50 states, 5 Canadian provinces, many countries on Europe, and to the Middle East.

During all this time, I have continued to work as a photographer. For several years I worked as a free lance photographer contributing sports photographs to MaxPreps, the high school division of CBS Sports. I maintain a blog of bird photographs at johnsbirdblog.com.

And I want to shoot your wedding!

Savannah
Savannah
Second Shooter

Savannah often helps out as my second shooter. She is a graduate of the University of Tenessee at Chattanooga and she is my granddaughter.

She began to help as an assistant in high school. By college she had her own camera and I began to seriously teach her about photography. She is now quite accomplished.

As you might guess, a photographer takes many more shots than are delivered. We take multiples to make sure we have a good one with everyone's eyes open. We take lots of casuals, some of which are great and some not so much.

Savannah's keeper rate (the percent of delivered photos) is actually better than mine. In recent weddings, she has been shooting at about a 45% keeper rate. Almost half of her shots are keepers!

She is particularly good with details, decor, and with the bride and other ladies.

Weddings & Events by Raina Weddings & Events by Raina Wedding Planners

As a wedding and event planner I love to work with John St. Clair Photography. John and his team are the epitome of professionalism immediately putting clients at ease so they can simply enjoy their event as he stealthily captures their precious memories. John St. Clair Photography offers many affordable packages ensuring that everyone can immoralize their most important moments whether it be digitally, in print or even on video. His skill and artistic eye go above and beyond to really transport you back to that special day as you look back over your photographs and video. I very highly recommend him and always try to work with him on all of my events!

151 Circle Drive Manchester, Tennessee, 37355
Location of (John St.Clair Photography)

John St.Clair Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does John St.Clair Photography include in the starting price?

John St.Clair Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Save the Date

What photography services does John St.Clair Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

John St.Clair Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Custom Graphics
  • Slideshow
  • Save the Date

What photography styles does John St.Clair Photography offer?

John St.Clair Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional
  • Vintage

What photography services does John St.Clair Photography offer?

John St.Clair Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Custom Graphics
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter
  • Slideshow
  • Trash The Dress
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does John St.Clair Photography offer for wedding events?

John St.Clair Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend John St.Clair Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

John St.Clair Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does John St.Clair Photography offer?

John St.Clair Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion and 1 discount promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Nashville for your wedding