Amy Theilig Photographic Reviews

Amy Theilig Photographic 4
Amy Theilig Photographic 5

Shaun · Married on 11/09/2018

Super Creative, Amazing Photographer

My Wife and I got married at the Wayfarer's Chapel and wanted someone who was experienced to be our photographer. After reviewing countless portfolios, we fell in love with Amy's photos. She has a great eye for composition and lighting, and her photos come out natural and crisp. Amy and her team handled our engagement photos and a full day of wedding shots. The photos we've received back are above and beyond our hopes. She's amazing!

Abby · Married on 08/11/2018

Amy did the photography for our engagement photo shoot and for our wedding day. I can't rave enough about how happy I am with how the pictures turned out. I have a giant family, and she did an excellent job getting photos of each family member, both staged with the bride and groom, and in action at the party. The entire family is absolutely thrilled about the quality and amount of great photos she got. Wedding days can be pretty hectic so you want to make sure you have a photographer like Amy who is a true professional to take care of you and get the photos done the right way. Thank you so much Amy for the photos, we will love them forever!

Mia Savagian · Married on 08/05/2018

Incredibly skilled photographer, professional, friendly, overall AMAZING

Choosing Amy as our wedding photographer was one of the best choices we made in planning our wedding! After meeting with a few different photographers, we decided to go with Amy based on her professionalism, friendliness, and beautiful photography (and she went above and beyond in all aspects)! We went with one of the packages which included an engagement photo session and wedding album; I also must say her packages are priced very reasonably! Prior to the wedding, Amy helped me come up with a wedding day timeline to optimize the photography (e.g. make sure we got sunset photos at the right time). Needless to say, our engagement photos and wedding photos were both out of this world!! The style of the photography was exactly what we were looking for - with both more formal and also "candid" style photos, but all very natural, vibrant, and fun. They really captured the joy and spirit of the day. The photo quality was flawless and crisp; she managed to also capture the beauty of our venue and the ocean (we got married at the Redondo Beach Historic Library). Just two weeks after our wedding, our photos were ready and uploaded onto a website that we could share with family and friends (and also download from). Additionally, our album was FANTASTIC in quality - Amy even had it shipped to us in Boston. Overall, it was such a wonderful experience working with Amy and I would do so again in a heartbeat!

Violeta · Married on 07/06/2018

Amy is an amazing photographer and we are lucky to have found her on the referral list for Wayfarers Chapel. She took amazing pictures on our wedding day. I also got great feedback from the staff at Wayfarers regarding Amy's work.
    She responds right away to questions you may have and before your event she'll call you to talk about final details and more information which is helpful in preparing for the big day.

Amy makes sure to get as many amazing pictures as possible and is flexible when you ask her for certain pictures with family members or friends. She is super sweet and approachable. We will forever treasure our beautiful pictures. I loved every single picture that she took. She captured lots of candids which was awesome.

Don't hesitate to book Amy. She will do a superb job. If you get married at Wayfarers Chapel, she knows the chapel grounds very well and the best area to capture gorgeous pictures.

Nicole Briant · Married on 04/21/2018

Amazing outdoor photographer

Amy is a WONDERFUL photographer. Amy's photography captured our wedding day beautifully. She did a seamless job directing us to capture the surrounding outdoor ocean scenery of the Point Vicente Interpretive Center. The photos were vibrant, fun, and natural looking. I recommend her to handle your wedding day photos: she was professional, reasonably priced, and easy to work with before and day of the wedding.

Amy Theilig Photographic 6

Josette · Married on 11/05/2017

Amy is an amazing and talented wedding photographer! My spouse and I spent many hours looking for a photographer that had the eye, availability and flexibility that we wanted for our special day. There was no doubt after looking through her portfolio and understanding her business style over the phone that we had found a gem. Amy exceeded every expectation and delivered shot after shot. Her talent in finding the right lighting, angle and mood is unmatched and we would highly recommend Amy. We still can’t get over how fantastic all the pictures came out on our special day. She warns that she can be a tad bossy when it comes to wedding day, but first that is what you need on your special day, and second she was very polite and professional. Lastly, Amy’s drive to deliver an excellent product can be seen in her tireless work ethic. Even though it was past her allotted time, she was still so engaged with the guests’ dancing that she stayed a few minutes extra…she didn’t have to do that (not expected) if she had a conflicting appointment and we want to thank Amy for her extraordinary service!

Kerry · Married on 09/04/2017

Amy was amazing. She is very professional and we loved every moment with her. She was very informative as to what to expect as well as kept everything on schedule. Our entire wedding party couldn’t say enough great things about hr. I would recommend Amy to everyone.

Amy Theilig Photographic 7
    Amy Theilig Photographic 8
    Amy Theilig Photographic 9

Sandy · Married on 06/17/2017

Amy was very kind, professional and her experience really made our day a success. She is very detailed and knows how to get the guests together to take all the right pictures. She has an incredible eye for detail and it shows in our pictures. They are just stunning. Our album turned out so beautiful and during the process of getting our pictures ordered it went very smooth. She is humble and made sure our day was just spectacular. She was really amazing with timekeeping and getting us to the next step in our day, moving the guests along. We could not have managed without her. Thank you Amy.

Victoria · Married on 10/28/2016

Amy was nothing short of a pleasure to work with on our special day. She was professional, relaxed (because you know how some people might not be!), and knew her surroundings. When we received the proofs back, I must have looked at each of them a thousand times! Every shot was more beautiful than the last and she really captured the feeling and love of everyone who was there to share that special day with us.
    I couldn't have chosen a better photographer and each time I look back on those photos, I smile.

Stacy · Married on 10/25/2016

Amy was easy to work with and new our venue (Wayfarers Chapel) very well, helping us maximize our picture taking experience! Would definitely recommend her service:)

Birdie · Married on 10/15/2016

Amy did a wonderful job at our wedding. She truly has a gift for what she does. We could not have chosen a better photographer. Every one of her photos was absolutely amazing.

She was attentive, easy to speak to, very responsive, and amazingly patient.

From the ceremony to the reception, to everything in between; she didn't miss a beat. Every photo, every moment, every angle that she chose, was absolutely stunning.

We couldn't be happier with her photos.

I would recommend her to anyone searching for a wedding photographer, she will not disappoint.

Amy Theilig Photographic 10
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/08/2016

Amy Theilig is an amazing photographer and a pleasure to work with, from beginning to end! We are from Texas didn't have the chance meet her until the day of the wedding but she captured our personalities and love so perfectly. As soon as she walked in she was so sweet, professional and knew both our locations inside and out (which helped at Wayfarer's Chapel because of of the restrictions they have). We felt so comfortable with her that we stopped doing the traditional poses and were able to capture our personalities more, these turned out to be our favorite photos! I wish we had been able to work with her for our engagements and bridals as well!

We waited 2 weeks to have a reception back in Dallas and Amy was so sweet to rush and get us some of the Ceremony photos early enough to display at the reception. They were BEAUTIFUL and got so many compliments! The rest of the pictures only took a couple more weeks and we couldn't have been happier! Besides getting great pictures of us, our family and friends, the natural elements and intimate details are exquisitely displayed in every picture as well.

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and highly recommend Amy Theilig Photographic!

Lana · Married on 09/02/2016

Amy really is a top notch professional with an amazing eye for capturing the perfect moments. I am very happy with my wedding photographs and album and would highly recommend Amy Theilig Photographic!

Kitty · Married on 08/28/2016

We have really enjoyed working with Amy as our wedding photographer. At Wayfarers Chapel she was able to get beautiful shots under an extremely tight schedule, she was calm and made us feel at ease. Our online photo gallery was easy to navigate and the process to choose photos for the wedding album was easy. In the eight months we have worked together (from the moment we booked to when we received our wedding album), Amy has been communicative and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. We highly recommend Amy for your wedding!

• Y

yunxiao · Married on 08/02/2016

Amy took our engagement and wedding photos. She is really very nice and friendly!!! I felt nervous before I met her. But I was very happy and relax the entire time with her.
    She is very familiar with Wayfarer's Chapel and also very professional. So the photos are all quite beautiful, like the photos on her website. I am very glad she helps us remembered the most beautiful time in our life.
    So, if u want a wonderful photographer, call her!!

Amanda · Married on 05/21/2016

Amy is a fantastic wedding photographer!! I was not the person that had planned her wedding since I was a little girl, but I did know the venue I wanted after reading an article about it a few years ago. When I became engaged, I contacted my dream location, Wayfarers Chapel, and due to a cancellation, found I could get a reservation for our ceremony...but the date was only five weeks away! With very limited time to plan all details of the wedding, one of my first priorities was to choose a photographer. Wayfarers Chapel provides a list of preferred photographers for their Chapel. After a brief phone call to one vendor on the list, I quickly realized they were not a match for me. I then selected Amy Theilig, viewed her photographs on her website, read her reviews from clients and recommendations from Wayfarers Chapel; I contacted Amy. I called her and immediately knew she understood my vision and was thrilled to find out she was available for our wedding day. Amy's artistic eye and timing are impeccable. Her likable personality and professional demeanor put everyone at ease. As a result, we have the most beautiful pictures and memories from our wedding day. If you are looking for a photographer that will capture the essence of your celebration, I sincerely recommend Amy Theilig. She truly is that good!

Michael · Married on 02/20/2016

My wife and I live overseas due to work, so we had to plan most of our wedding from overseas! Thankfully, Amy was fantastically easy to work with by email--always courteous and prompt with her replies. We held our wedding at Wayfarer's Chapel and Amy's vast experience with Chapel meant that she knew all the best places to catch the light and get those photos that you know you'll look back to for so many years to come. She also knew the surrounding area and recommended some spots to get extra beautiful photos of us before our reception.
    As for quality, the photos we got we just simply stunning! Just like in the sample photos on her website, my wife and I felt that she captured the vivid, warm California colors in all our photos--no unnatural photo-shopping here, just talent!
    She got all the best shots of our guests as well. No one was left out, and the in-the-moment pics all showed how much everyone had fun on our day. When it came to group shots, she gave fun and easy directions that brought out the best in our group. All our friends enjoy our photos as much as we do (many great smiles). Thanks Amy!

After doing some research on photographers around the LA area, I knew that Amy would be the perfect person to capture our engagement session and wedding day. Amy's beautiful portfolio speaks for itself and she is also a preferred vendor at Wayfarers Chapel, which was important for us given the photo restrictions at the chapel. My husband and I are not used to professional photo shoots and Amy made our engagement session so much fun and helped to defuse any of our awkwardness with her helpful instructions and guidance. We purchased two large canvas prints from the engagement session (which now hang proudly in our home) and featured these during our welcome party the night before the wedding and received endless compliments from our family and friends. On the actual day of the wedding, Amy was on time, organized, and a real pro at making sure she captured a diverse set of pictures. We have since shared these photos with family and friends and have repeatedly been told that our photos are beautiful and amazing. Amy is a pleasure to work with and we are so happy we selected her as our photographer for such important moments in our lives. We will gladly use her in the future for more important family events.

Rachel · Married on 08/22/2015

I loved having Amy as my photographer! She was incredibly flexible with meetings and how to book the hours. She was very friendly so I felt very comfortable with her and she gave great instructions. She has a wonderful style and the pictures were very vibrant - there wasn't a bad one. I loved that we were able to get a flash drive including all the pictures. It was a fantastic deal that not everyone would do. She was very patient with me when I took ages trying to decide on my favorites for the photo album, and the album and flash drive box turned out beautifully. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Pamela · Married on 07/11/2015

Amy came highly recommended through not only our wedding venue, but also several of our friends, and we look forward to paying this forward. From our first meeting- our 'mini engagement shoot', Amy helped us feel comfortable instantly. Her professionalism shown through as she guided us in various poses and captured the moment impeccably. We were blown away when we received our proofs and could not have asked for a better photographer to document our BIG DAY! Many thanks to Amy and her team!!!

The Epands

Amy was part of an engagement surprise that my fiancé devised at Wayfarer's Chapel and we could not have been happier with how the photos came out. She hid perfectly behind the scenes as he proposed to me and she caught the moment perfectly. We were so happy that she will be taking our wedding photos too!

Daisy · Married on 04/26/2015

I got married at Wayfarers Chapel and the photography rules there are very strict. They have time, distance, and gest interaction constraints however, Amy was very knowledgeable of the rules and despite all the restrictions she did and excellent job at capturing that very special moment without making us feel rushed. She was very flexible as she took my wedding with one month prior to the big day despite her busy schedule. She was quick to respond to my questions via email or phone. She was very professional as she stood true to her contract. She was easy to work with as she directed us to poses but still allowed us to feel comfortable and gave us the freedom to do our own poses. Amy's work is spectacular. She captures, emotion, good lighting and angles that make her work magical. I am very satisfied with my wedding album. Amy created a masterpiece I am pleased to look at every time I open it. Thank you Amy for your professionalism, flexibility, and excellent work!

We checked out a number of photographers before hiring Amy, and she seemed like a good fit for us from the beginning. She put us as ease from day one, and was always available when we needed her. She was very accommodating for our engagement shoot, which was important as we live in Canada and would not be in the L.A area until the week of our wedding. On our wedding day at Wayfarers, she delivered as promised, with no surprises. The digital copies were ready when they were supposed to, and the final album turned out great. I don't think we could have asked for more, especially for how competitively Amy was priced. Thank you so much!

Amy was great collaborating with what was important to us on our day of from start to finish but also trusted her instincts and that combination really showed in the end results. Love the storytelling through our photos she took, so wonderful to work with.

My wife and I had the most wonderful experience from our engagement session to our wedding day. Amy has such an creative eye for photography and it showed from the moment we worked with her which was done with such ease and how she allowed the moments to breathe and be captured.