Alon David Photography Reviews

54 | San Diego, CA

54 Reviews for Alon David Photography

JP · Married on 09/30/2012

Top notch professional who met and exceeded every expectation we had. Alon was easy to communicate with prior to the event and communicated with all his subjects effectively during the shoot in order to yield the fantastic photos we have. Our special day was captured perfectly by this genrleman and his crew with ease.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2012

Wow! That's how I would describe our experience with Alon. What an amazingly talented and professional photographer.

Alon was patient, kind, and very flexible. He cares about your requests and works hard to execute them. I am very grateful to have found a perfect addition to our wedding day!!

You will not be Dissapointed!!

Sent on 09/16/2012
  • Yimon

Yimon · Married on 09/01/2012

We love all the photos done by Alon. We did the engagement session photos and the wedding day photos. Alon - you went above and beyond to record every little piece of the biggest day of our life together. Thank you very much!

We will be using Alon's service from time to time. We plan to have him record every milestone of our life. Without a doubt, he is the best photographer I have ever met!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Michal · Married on 08/30/2012

My husband and I are so impressed with Alon, we have never seen such amazing quality of work. Alon is so passionate about his work, it exudes in his talent of photography. He spent endless time with us to get as many beautiful pictures he could. He was so accommodating and patient with my whole family. Alon has a great colleague who worked with him at the wedding. My family and friends were so impressed with his amazing work. We are so excited to have these magnificent pictures to cherish for the rest of our lives.
    Alon posted several pictures at the end of the night for all to see. What a treat. We will definitely work with Alon in the future and we highly recommend others work with him.

Sent on 09/14/2012

Treycie · Married on 08/22/2012

I have hired many photographers over the past 22 years and Alon David is at the top of my list as a creative and talented photographer. His professionalism and drive to capture the perfect shots is refreshing. He goes above and beyond to ensure the event is well documented through photography.

Sent on 10/16/2012

Mat · Married on 08/11/2012

Myself and my fiance met Alon for an initial meeting in Banker's Hill as we prospected wedding photographers. Mr. David could not be more accommodating. No high pressure sales pitch either (nor was it necessary), his work speaks for itself.

Our wedding was at Sycuan Resort & Casino (beautiful venue!), a location Alon had not shot before, which I never anticipated being an issue, and it only helped contribute to his creativity the day of the wedding. Himself, and his assistant showed up on time and begun immediately, providing excellent ideas and doing a fantastic job of capturing all the "details". Alon visited the bride's party to shoot them getting ready, and my wife said that he was especially supportive and positive on what was indeed a hectic (but fun!) day.

Alon was adamant about making sure any special shots or requests we had were fulfilled, and was especially fantastic about providing pose suggestions, direction, and creative ideas. Also noteworthy, the guy was EVERYWHERE. The amount of coverage during the ceremony and reception ensures that every special moment was captured that day.

Both photographers were excellent sports--it was an especially hot evening, but it never deterred them from getting amazing shots throughout the festivities. They also stayed later than what was agreed upon, which my wife and I are so incredibly grateful for.

Alon THAT EVENING posted some photos to Facebook. Does the guy ever sleep? He busts his tail for his clients, and that's why we are so satisfied with our experience working with him.

Our wedding was an amazingly special day, everyone attending had a fantastic time and Alon was an integral part of making it great. We can't wait to see our images and the album we're ordering. We're ecstatic with our vendor choices, and highly highly recommend Alon David Photography. Thanks Alon!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Jayna · Married on 08/04/2012

Our wedding was set for August and in January we found out that the photographer we chose was a slimy snake (not ALoN). But by January most of the photographers were booked. I was so nervous as I was leaving town for number of months and so I stayed up to wee hours of the morning looking for a good photographer. Then I came across ALoN's site. I emailed him at 1 in the morning and he responded the next morning. He said that he was currently flying back to San Diego and would land at 11am. He asked me if I wanted to meet at 12pm and I was thinking, 'aren't you going to be exhausted after flying half way across the world?' But he was completely okay with that. We met him that day and booked him on the spot. We are so glad that we found ALoN. He is not only a great photographer but a wonderful person as well.
    ALoN was very helpful and helped me understand how weddings function and what I needed to know about how the day would play out. I really had no clue about weddings so he made me feel much better.
    He showed up on time to the wedding and was dressed appropriately for our wedding. ALoN is actually very fun to shoot with. He is very funny and keeps the mood light. Both my husband and I are not the most photogenic people but he helped us to lighten up and be ourselves. We really enjoyed working with him as he always kept us laughing.
    He brought a second photographer to shoot with him named Lance who was also great. It was actually really nice to have them both. They had very different shooting styles which I think is a great thing to have. It was like having the same story told by two people who see through different lenses. They worked very well together and complemented each other well. They both worked really well with our family and friends and were very respectful.
    Now on to his pictures...They are AMAZING.

Sent on 08/15/2012

V · Married on 08/04/2012

My husband and I found Alon through a general search engine. We read most of his work reviews, and decided to give him a call. He was a pleasure to talk with on the phone. He work with us on our tight budget.
    His work speaks for itself. He is very talented, pictures are spectacular! Even when we had little to no time for a photo shoot (because of the time constraints from the venue), he still managed to capture the best photographs. Now, we can cherish our special day forever!
    BOOK THIS MAN, OR YOU'LL BE SORRY!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Mike and Jill · Married on 07/07/2012

After a long search for wedding photographers that we weren't too crazy about...we finally found the perfect one...Alon! He's not just a photgrapher, he's an artist with an AMAZING talent and you can definitley tell he loves what he does. All of his pictures he took of our wedding and reception, he caught all the special moments. His photographs are not just "pictures" there's a story behind each one of them. We HIGHLY recommend him for any occasion! THANK YOU Alon for making our day even more MEMORABLE!!

Mike and Jill

Sent on 10/11/2012

mary · Married on 03/11/2012

Alon is a true professional. He is talented, creative, and will find a way to take the most beautiful shots no matter what conditions he finds himself in. My husband and I hired Alon to cover our wedding, and he was very accommodating at working out a deal based on our budget. He met with us before the wedding to get an idea of what we were looking for, and how we would corrdinate the evening. Our wedding turned out to be a little tricky for most vendors since my husband and I had decided we didn't want to see each other before the ceremony (in fact we got ready at two totally different locations), and it was pouring rain. What was suppose to be an outside ceremony had to be moved inside, and what would have been a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony and pictures turned into be some curtains behind us with grey skies. Alon never once said he couldn't do something and he found a way to make everything work flawlessly. My husband was incredibly impressed with him especially, since he appreciates people who are good at what they do. He said "That's the sign of a true professional; when plans change by the minute & you can keep up, focused & do a great job!" Alon isn't afraid of a little (or alot) of rain & his experience shows! We will absolutely hire Alon again when we start our own family to have him capture the smiles of our kids :)

Sent on 08/15/2012

Mendy · Married on 10/08/2011

Alon shot my wedding last month, and we couldn't be happier with his work!  My dad actually found Alon, because he shot my uncle's wedding earlier this year, and my dad was just really impressed as he watched him work at the reception.  And Alon was just as great at my wedding!

He has a very keen eye and captures true, emotion-filled moments.  Yes, there are always the expected posed family photos (which we requested), but everything else was natural and real.  Alon knows exactly what he's looking for, and he really has made photography an ART FORM and not just a "side business," as I've seen many other photographers online do.  ALON IS THE REAL DEAL!

Alon, thank you so much for capturing our memorable day and giving us the most beautiful pictures to remember the day by.  You are brilliant!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Justin · Married on 08/06/2011

ALoN is an incredible photographer. Enough said!

Our wedding was set for August and in January we found out that the photographer we chose was a slimy snake (not ALoN). But by January most of the photographers were booked. I was so nervous as I was leaving town for number of months and so I stayed up to wee hours of the morning looking for a good photographer. Then I came across ALoN’s site. I emailed him at 1 in the morning and he responded the next morning. He said that he was currently flying back to San Diego and would land at 11am. He asked me if I wanted to meet at 12pm and I was thinking, ‘aren’t you going to be exhausted after flying half way across the world?’ But he was completely okay with that. We met him that day and booked him on the spot. We are so glad that we found ALoN. He is not only a great photographer but a wonderful person as well.

Now on to his pictures…They are AMAZING. We ended up with about 2,000 images after the wedding was all said and done and it was so hard to pick pictures because all his pictures were so wonderful! ALoN just has a way with capturing emotion. Understand that the wedding day goes by so fast and you might not get to catch a lot of it. Invest in a good photographer because after the wedding day is over, all you have left is the pictures. Everyone kept telling me how fast the wedding will fly by. I said ‘yeah, yeah,’ but then when I experienced it myself I really understood. It is literally like a whirlwind. You only get these shots one time, just once. Invest in a quality photographer; you will be happy you did.

We have his photos all over our house, they are just so beautiful. My in-laws were telling me last week how much they loved the pictures and how they had them all over their house as well. My mother-in-law ordered a bunch of photo books from ALoN and is in love with them. The pictures are truly astonishing. They are so full of heart and color.

I highly recommend ALoN. He came through for us and did a brilliant job. I have nothing negative to say about him, he is absolutely wonderful. We are so grateful for ALoN and his hard work! We are so very pleased with his work and are glad that we were able to work with him. ALoN ROCKS!

-Justin & Jayna

Sent on 11/22/2011

Solyda · Married on 06/23/2011

I had taken a lot of time researching a photographer for our wedding in July. I came across Alon and emailed him, I was surprised he called me back so quick ( I think a few mins after the email) He was easy to talk to and answered all my questions. We met 3 other photographers, but always left feeling like our questions were not answered. Our engagement session was fun and relaxing. Alon and Michael made us laugh and feel very comfortable! Our pictures were great and we can't wait for our for the wedding pictures. Alon is up front about pricing and is very reasonable. He has great customer service. I would and have recommend him. Thanks for our great memories.

Sent on 02/06/2012

Lacy · Married on 05/07/2011

Alon is an amazing photographer. He did our engagement shoot, wedding, and trash the dress photos. The quality of work is outstanding. He has done everything we could of asked for and so much more. If I ever need a photographer or someone else I know needs one Alon David will be the only person I will call to have them done. He is so professional, and very wonderful to work with. If I could recommend a photographer to all the brides out there I would give them Alon's number. Thank you Alon for everything that you have done for me and my husband.

Sent on 05/10/2011

mariana · Married on 08/07/2010

Alon from Alon wedding photography was fantastic! We hired him for our wedding is San Diego that was done at May. Leading up to the event, He was friendly and engaging. During the actual event, he was charming, flexible, and unobtrusive - he delivered exactly what we were looking for.

When the photos came out, we were really happy with the variety, the quality, and the quantity. Alon was very fair on price, and worth every penny. When the holidays come around we want to hire Alon for a family photography session .

We highly recommend ALON WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY as a flexible, creative, friendly, and professional photographer!
    Thanks Alon

Sent on 08/13/2010

Natele · Married on 07/10/2010

My husband and I chose Alon wedding photography to be our wedding photographer and I couldn't recommend him more ! A few reasons why we loved alon wedding photography work: *2 photographers around all day to get twice as many shots. *Beautiful mix of traditional and photojournalism/modern style of shooting. We have a great blend of normal/posed shots and photojournalism styled shots. *You get all your pictures on a CD - you can do what you want with them! *They were 100% unobtrusive and blended in SO well. No one noticed they were there but they still managed to get hundreds of awesome pics. *I loved that we were getting Alon him self not employees, not some random photographer they hired! San diego was our place go get married and then went back to Israel... Thank you Alon for our beautiful pictures... Hope to see you one day in Israel.‎

Rose · Married on 06/26/2010

If you are looking for a wedding photographer in San Diego make sure you consider Alon wedding photography, He is amazing and so easy to work with. I was looking for a wedding photographer in san diego and he had the best prices and the highest quality of work I have ever seen. After checking out many wedding photographers, I decided the Alon wedding photography is the one and I am happy I did choose him. Thanks Alon for your help and talent.‎

Maryann · Married on 06/26/2010

Finding a good photographer for your wedding can be daunting. We searched online for months. The only way to go is by referral. That's how we met Alon Wedding photography.

You really get your money's worth with Alon. Not to mention, Alon is so easy going he makes you feel totally comfortable. We were very nervous for our engagement session. By the end of the day, we wanted to make Alon a lifelong friend. He is that awesome.

When our wedding day came around, Alon was on time of course. He even cleaned up my hotel room for pictures. He is so professional and such a pleasure to be around. We received sooooo many compliments on our engagement pictures which was displayed on a large poster board outside the reception.

Alon has a unique style and an eye for detail. We plan to hire him again for our anniversary shoots and refer him to all of our friends and family.

Thank you so much Alon David for making our day that much more special. You are crazy talented.

Cheers!

Sent on 08/09/2010

TERRY · Married on 05/29/2010

Alon is the best wedding photographer I have ever known. He was very professional for both our engagement session, and wedding. On top of being cool and funny, he's very knowledgable about the flow of weddings, and offers many suggestions for people that don't know exactly what they want. Since my wife and I didn't really know what the best way or order to take pictures was, Alon jumped right in and offered great suggestions.
    Alon is super talented at catching every emotional, hysterical and interesting moment so I felt very confident knowing that he was going to be shooting our wedding and reception. It was nearly impossible to pick our favorites from the bunch as every picture was so unique and artistic. I would recommend alon wedding photographey to anybody in need of a wedding photographer. We've gotten so many compliments on our wedding pictures and we're so thankful that the day was captured so wonderfully.
    Alon is the best.

Brakha · Married on 05/08/2010

Alon was our wedding photographer for our May 2010 wedding. From the moment we met Alon to discuss our wedding we were really impressed with how prepared and professional he was. He even knew the time the sun would set on the day we had planned to get married to figure out how many hours we would have for outdoor pictures! Alon was so easy to work with on the day of our wedding. He came to the hotel that I was getting ready at and took some "getting ready" pictures. Everyone commented on how they didn't even know he was there! He took so many wonderful pictures that really captured the "before" of the wedding. We absolutely LOVE our wedding album and all the photos! Alon was able to "tell the story" of the day. We have gotten so many compliments on the photos and how impressive they are. We will definitely recommend Alon Wedding Photography to all of our friends and family in the future!!!

ashley · Married on 04/24/2010

When we looked for a wedding photographer, we looked for someone whom we felt comfortable with, and who was low-key and who would blend into our party.
    We wanted an editorial look to our photos, so we wanted to work with a photojournalist style photographer.

We decided to hire Alon, for three reasons -- He shoots journalistically, He has so much experience, and also because He is SO nice. Alon really was a pleasure to work with, He was calm and courteous throughout. The photos are beautiful, nothing was missed and John and I are incredibly happy. It was also helpful that we were able to get an online web gallery with all our photos, aside from a set of prints. Really, we can't say enough nice things about working with Alon

Pros: great photographer, easy to work with, reasonable prices

Sent on 08/09/2010

Rachel · Married on 05/31/2014

Alon did a WONDERFUL job and made our day so enjoyable. They we're flexible and professional in working with our coordinator and making sure our wedding stayed on schedule. The photos he took were amazing and they were extremely hard working throughout the event. He has a real talent for capturing the beauty in everything without needing special props or gimmicks. Alon was extremely wonderful in working with our families and my 5 year old daughter. We never felt rushed but knew he was always there capturing the great moments of our wedding. I will be using him again in the future for our family photos!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/07/2017

Alon was recommended by Loews as a preferred vendor. We talked on the phone and I reviewed his website and found that he had a lot of innovative photo formats that we really wanted for our big day. After meeting him in person, we also found out that he offers an engagement album/guest book which Maya designs for you. Needless to say, we added this on immediately. Marc did our engagement shoot and was absolutely great. Originally, I was nervous with Marc because we wanted to use our engagement photos to get comfortable with our day of photographer. After speaking to Alon, he assured me that I was in good hands and he was right! We were very happy with the engagement photos and even happier that Marc was the 2nd photographer on the day of. As for Alon, he was fantastic. He is exactly what we needed in a photographer-efficient, proactive, and great at managing us, the wedding party, and the time. We gave him a list of our “must have photos” prior to the wedding and he got it DONE! I fully trusted him and his suggestions. He was also very succinct in all of our interactions, which was extremely appreciated especially when things were busy. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer in the Southern California Area.

Sent on 01/31/2017

Alon is an awesome photographer and we really enjoyed working with him, I highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Kathleen · Married on 07/19/2013

Alon did a fabulous job,. Along with all the family photos and table photos, he took photo of everyone at the Wedding and we had 150 people in attendance. So many beautiful memories.

Sent on 08/04/2013