81 Reviews for Jen + Shane Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Trash The Dress (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)

I fell in love with Jen and Shane’s work the instant I discovered it and I knew there was no one else I would trust to photograph our wedding day. They have a true gift for capturing all of the beauty and emotion, and telling a story through their work. When I look at the pictures from our wedding day I remember exactly what I felt in that moment that they captured. I was amazed at how they were able to sneak so many beautiful candid moments of not only us, but our loved ones as well. It was a day filled with so many wonderful emotions and Jen and Shane captured all of it perfectly. We will truly treasure these images for the rest our lives.

Besides being incredibly talented photographers, they are a joy to work with. Their presence at our wedding only added to the day because they were a constant source of calmness and joy in the midst of all of the busy wedding day activities. They managed to make us feel comfortable and at ease, and they handled the entire day with the utmost professionalism and patience. I cannot thank Jen and Shane enough for these amazing images.

Profile Picture Jessica , 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane are wonderful people who do absolutely beautiful work! We were so impressed with both our engagement shoot and wedding photos. We have received so many compliments on the photos. They really take their time and make you feel comfortable with the whole process. They were one of the best decisions we made! I cannot imagine getting married without them, and we recommend them to everyone we know!

Profile Picture Cassandra, 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Do some research on Pinterest and determine the style of photography that really appeals to you then look for vendors in your area. Jen & Shane are fantastic to work with and very passionate about what they do. They have a beautiful style of photography that captures the true emotion of the moment. I love that all the photos they take look like candids instead of looking like posed photos. They are flexible, excited to try new things, efficient AND they will travel. Plus, as a husband/wife team, their chemistry is contagious and they are extremely fun to work with.

Profile Picture shantelle, 11/19/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations

From the engagement to the wedding day...it's the most amazing, sometimes stressful but exciting time in your life. Sifting through and picking vendors in itself is a full time job. But of all the vendors we needed to choose, one of the most important features of our engagement/wedding was the photography. And I will say this up front, it's worth every penny you will spend and so much more important than anything else. They say a picture is a thousand words, so what better couple and set of professional photographers than Jen and Shane to help you hold on to those images and memories forever. I was immediately drawn in to the lighting and focus of the intricate details from their previous projects. I knew from that alone I wanted them to help us capture one of the most important times in our life. After reaching out about their services they were quick to respond and genuinely excited to meet with me to talk about what we were needing for our big year ahead. During our initial meeting, I felt like I was visiting with old friends that I hadn't seen in a few years. You are immediately comfortable and relaxed with the two of them! Shane was a champ and followed us all the way to Palm Springs for our engagement session to take on a unique landscape of an Air Museum and he even scoped out and found us a cool spot to wrap up our shoot with windmills and a glorious sunset in the backdrop. Shane spent much of his day with us, making our engagement shoot so effortless and fun! It was definitely one of the best days/memories I have with my now husband. Fast forward to our military wedding and it was nothing shy of laughs and funny situations that no one could have ever expected...but thankfully we have our beautiful pictures to reminisce on and Jen and Shane to thank for capturing these most perfect moments in time. We are forever grateful to them for making us feel beautiful in our own skin and for helping us celebrate the most wonderful time in our life!

Profile Picture Deirdre, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints

I would 100% recommend Aqua Photo for your photographers. Jen shot our engagement photos and they came out stunning! We ended up eloping, but had we decided to stay and get married locally we would have without question used them for our photographers

Profile Picture User7535238, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We first heard about Jen and Shane when they photographed my brother’s wedding. When we saw how their wedding photos turned out, we knew we wanted them to be our photographers on our big day. We even ended up picking our wedding date around their availability because they are THAT amazing!

Jen and Shane are incredibly creative and passionate about what they do, and they were so easy to communicate with—always prompt when we talked through email and super personable when we grabbed coffee together. When we first met with them, they took the time to get to know us and learn more about our vision.

During our engagement session, Shane captured two very different styles we had in mind (one in a bar and another outdoors into sunset). Being in front of the camera can be a bit intimidating, but Shane gave us plenty of ideas and we were impressed by how natural we looked in the photos (even the posed ones).

Our wedding day had several unexpected moments, but Jen and Shane still captured it beautifully and helped us stay calm throughout the day. We absolutely LOVE how they use natural light in their work, and we appreciated how well they worked with all our vendors as well as their ability to make everyone feel comfortable.

You know you have great photographers when you can’t decide which photo to use for your thank you cards! Jen and Shane are undoubtedly talented at what they do and deliver only the best. We hope our future kids and their kids and their kids enjoy these everlasting memories as much as we do!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane were the best decision we made for our wedding. They kept everybody comfortable and relaxed throughout the afternoon. They are easy to communicate with and promptly responded to emails. They perfectly executed our vision while sprinkling in their expertise. The fact that they were able to 'act out' the poses they wanted us to do made it much easier and less time consuming to get the shots they were looking for.
They were punctual the day-of and we got our pictures back in less than 3 weeks! They were calm and relaxed throughout the whole day without needing any direction or being an overpowering presence. Our guests were commenting and still continue to tell us about how great they were and how awesome our photos are. Several friends who are planning weddings have also asked about them. We are so thankful for what an amazing job they did for us on our big day!
Can't recommend them enough-- still amazed at how gorgeous all of our pictures are!

Profile Picture Haley, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane are really the best wedding photographers in the San Diego area (I know coz I did a lot of research!). They are just so talented and you can see this from each and every one of their pictures. Their website is also amazing, and being a software engineer, I really appreciate that.
Along with being great photographers, they are also super nice. From the first time we emailed them, they sounded so enthusiastic and so friendly and they were willing to accommodate our requests. I think the reason their photos turn out so beautiful (apart from their talent of course), is because they take the time to get to know you as people and as a couple, so they could tell your own unique story.
Jen was around seven months pregnant when she did our engagement photoshoot, and she was even more energetic and enthusiastic than we were! We were supposed to do our shoot in both Balboa Park and Windansea beach, but the fog rolled in that day, so we had to cancel the beach. But Jen more than made up for that when she found this gorgeous cherry blossom tree near Balboa park and took the most dreamy shots of us. She made the whole engagement photoshoot so much fun, and truly made us feel like models (in a good way). We now have this treasure trove of lovely pictures of us that we could look back at forever!
During the wedding Jen and Shane were simply amazing! They were so sweet and calm and helped calm me down too! They even stayed extra to make sure to get those family pictures I really wanted, and a final getaway shot. They were also very unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception, which is why we have some amazing candid shots. None of our pictures feel forced or awkward like a lot of wedding pictures I have seen - and this is really because of their creativity. They managed to capture the essence of the wedding - the pictures transport me back to the day, and all the moments that I was there for, come alive for me, and the ones that I missed, I can still relive!

Profile Picture Tanmaya, 8/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Jenn and Shane were absolutely amazing!! They were so sweet and made us feel extremely comfortable from the start. I have been at so many weddings where the photographers were overbearing, pushy, and a little in your face... Jenn and Shane are the complete opposite! From the engagement photo shoot to the wedding dance floor, they were so quick and made everything feel effortless. I had a vision of how I wanted things to look and feel and they nailed it. Several of our guests commented on how pleasant and efficient our photographers were. They captured both the big and small moments with barely any direction from us. Jenn and Shane have such a fun and upbeat personality it was hard to not feel at ease in their presence. I would recommend Acqua photography to ANYONE looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane are absolutely amazing! I was so excited when we booked them to photograph our engagement and wedding photos. Their work is so incredible and timeless. Every photo we received from them was beautifully captured. We are beyond happy with how all of our photos turned out. :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Jen and Shane are remarkable! Photography on your wedding day is one of the most important decisions you can make and we can't be any more pleased with having the opportunity to work with Jen and Shane. They are so passionate and dedicated to their craft and our wedding photos are a perfect example of this. From day one, Jen and Shane took the time to learn about our style, wedding vision and got to know us as a couple which resulted in more of a friendship rather than us just being their clients.

Jen and Shane pay attention to the details which they both knew were the most important aspect to us. They made our wedding party and ourselves feel super comfortable during our Wedding Day which made taking pictures so much fun. They always made sure we felt beautiful taking our photos. You can tell they took the time to sift through the hundreds of photos and made sure they were picture perfect. It's amazing they were able to deliver the photos in just 3 weeks as promised. After our wedding, our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how incredible Jen and Shane were.

Jen and Shane are seriously one of a kind. They treated our family as their own, which absolutely melted our hearts. Our wedding story wouldn't have been complete without Jen and Shane. We're so proud to recommend them!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane are an amazing duo! We must have looked at dozens of photographer websites before we were lucky enough to find Acqua's. It was love at first site. We wanted bright, colorful, beautiful pictures, and that is exactly what Acqua delivers. When we first met Jen and Shane, we instantly knew it was a great match for us due to their fun loving and easy going attitudes. During our engagement session we felt so at ease and comfortable, and until then we didn't realize how much fun taking pictures could be. We had a blast. and our photos turned out beyond amazing. Jen and Shane also really took the time to understood our wedding vision and they were a wonderful compliment to our special day. We received the perfect mix of classic and romantic images that captured the beauty of our outdoor wedding. Their photos surpassed our expectations. We are so grateful to have such beautiful photos to remind us of our perfect day. We can't say enough good things about Jen and Shane, and we can't wait to use them again in the future!

Profile Picture Gurgiana, 5/14/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files

Working with Acqua Photo was an absolute amazing experience!

Prior to booking our engagement session, I had been obsessing over the work they had done for a dear friend of mine's engagement and wedding. I was instantly drawn to their way of telling beautiful stories through photography, capturing the most special moments through composition, color and light.

Prior to the shoot, Jen with Acqua Photo was so friendly and collaborative on the phone and via email, working with us to come up with a list of the perfect props and dreamy locations that inspired our colorful e-sesh in La Jolla, California. She even took the time to put together a one-of-a-kind inspirational board on Pinterest, just for us!

When the day of the shoot came, Jen was such gem! She was timely, friendly and super enthusiastic. We instantly connected with her, which made it easy for us to be our goofy selves, laughing and smiling our way through the day. We ended up incorporating three locations with outfit changes all around La Jolla and time just breezed by because we were having so much fun with Jen. When the last picture was taken, we didn't even need to see the final photos yet to know she had accurately captured our love story.

The day after, we got our first sneak peek and we were blown away! Within two weeks, we received the rest of the pictures and were overjoyed with the results. There was so much variety and detail, and the way the final pictures were delivered to us made it easy to share with our family and friends across the country.

Needless to say, I would recommend Acqua Photo to anyone looking to book a photographer for anything. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane did an absolutely amazing job for our wedding!! Their style was exactly what we were looking for and our wedding pics came almost right away. They guided us the entire day and captured every special moment. They really know how to create magical photos and experiences with every backdrop. We will be using them over and over again for every milestone in our life!!

Profile Picture Raquel, 2/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I are in the military and we were planning our California wedding from Boston last year. We organized a very simple and intimate event in my parent’s backyard. We were using TheKnot.com and Yelp to look for the right photographers which led us to Jen and Shane of Acqua Photo. We first met them on a video chat to talk about what we were looking for. At the time, we were overloaded with wedding stress. Jen and Shane's enthusiasm and excitement brought the planning process back to being fun for us. For that, I'm personally very grateful. The first thing you'll notice when you meet them is how much they enjoy what they do. Jen and Shane work very well together and they're so entertaining it's easy to relax and laugh or smile. On the wedding day, they found a location nearby and stole us away for an hour to take first look photos. Truly some of the best pictures my wife and I have ever taken together. We had two guests at the wedding who were notoriously difficult to get pictures of and Jen and Shane snagged amazing shots of both of them laughing. For those, Jen and Shane were heroes in the eyes of the family. We were so pleased with the end result we have since ordered lots of beautiful prints from them. My mother has even had some Photoshop work done for her own special request which now hangs over the fireplace. My wife and I whole heartily recommend Acqua Photo for any event. Jen and Shane were truly a highlight of the wedding for us. We were sad to go back to Boston because we really wanted to stay best friends with them after!

Profile Picture Derek, 2/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We worked with Jen and Shane for our engagement photos as well as our wedding. We really couldn't ask for anything more out of photographers, they were incredible in so many ways! First, we aren't the most comfortable/experienced in front of the camera, but they were super patient and just kept coaching us so that by the end, we look like naturals and my husband (who is extra awkward about the camera) has photos that look like they are straight out of GQ! Props to Shane for making that happen, I love those photos!! ;)
During the wedding, they were very supportive and also were a huge help in making sure we didn't miss any important moments/people to photograph.
Maybe most impressively, less than 3 weeks after our wedding, we were sent a link with 1073 edited photos that were all the most amazing photos I've ever seen! They captured beauty, emotion, and overall gave off the exact vibe we were going for with our wedding! We are really struggling with how to not have an album with 1073 photos because they all deserve to be on display.
I can't wait to work with Jen and Shane again for family photos in the coming years!!

Profile Picture Judith, 10/4/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jen and Shane are awesome! Choosing Acqua Photo was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. They are so easy to work with and had the best ideas for fun, creative photos. They captured every aspect of our wedding perfectly and were so professional, yet laid back and pleasure to be around. I would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Claire, 9/25/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Additional Hours, Digital Files

So great working with Acqua Photo! Our story was a little hectic getting to our big day. We were working internationally three days before, and we did not have a chance to get to know Jen and Shane as well as we would have liked. But at the moment they showed up, it felt like we knew them both for years. They made everything so much fun and so easy, all we had to do was enjoy the moments, and they did everything else. They never tried to pose us, or tell us what to do, they simply guided us in the right direction. Their experience and hip vision helped capture the perfect mix of classic and contemporary pictures. Each photo instantly transports us back to our special day. It was the best investment we have ever made. Thank you guys for capturing our wedding, you made our fairytale last forever!!

Profile Picture Matt, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, High-Res Images

Jen and Shane are incredibly talented and were so fun and easy to work with. They both have a wonderful eye for capturing the beauty and joy in a moment. I loved every single photo they took at our wedding and am having so much trouble narrowing them down to make a wedding album! They are so pleasant to have around and just folded so easily into the scene on our wedding day, capturing all the happy and jolly moments I hoped for. They are clearly experts at their craft and I loved working with them both!

Profile Picture Abby, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

2 words. The Best!!! Jen and Shane are amazing. Starting with our engagement shoot, Jen was so patience with my husband and I when we couldn't decide on the style of the shoot. My husband wanted a fun colorful shoot and I wanted a romantic style with Jen's work with natural golden sunset. Jen helped us combine the two style and the session was so much fun! The finished product was just what we wanted. Our friends and family loved it!!

Wedding planning is stressful! Jen and Shane was very professional and helped us with our planning, especially with our timeline. On the day of the wedding, they helped us stayed on that timeline and of course, they worked well with other vendors especially the videographer. Our pictures came out flawless. And we love our wedding album! We highly recommend Jen and Shane!!

Profile Picture Crystal, 8/8/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

In our search for our wedding photographer, my husband and I met with close to fifteen photographers. Jen and Shane were our first on the list and even though we met with fourteen other photographers that were really talented, they never left the #1 position.

Jen and Shane are a sweet, bubbly, enthusiastic couple, and we felt at ease talking about how we met, our wedding plans, and what we were looking for. After meeting the rest of the photographers we knew there was no match to these two. Although their photography speaks for itself is not until you meet with them in person that you know you have the whole package.

They are creative, professional, organized, straight forward, personable, and patient. It was very easy to get in contact with them to plan our sessions before and after the wedding. They were always available to talk.

On our wedding day we were taken back by how cute and sweet of a couple they are and how well they work together. We were inspired on our wedding day by this couple’s interaction with each other. They made our day even more romantic. Our wedding and engagement pictures were what we expected and more. We had AMAZING shots! Our wedding pictures are so beautiful! We knew the kind of photography that we wanted, and they delivered to perfection.

Great photographers, great people... Amazing pictures!!

Profile Picture Marisela, 7/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files

If you are going to trust anyone to perfectly capture your wedding day, trust Jen & Shane! We worked with them to do our engagement photos, a sexy vixen shoot, and to be with us on our wedding day in July! You don't realize that you spend more time with your photographers on your big day than you do with most of your guests, but trust me, you'll want to spend it with Jen & Shane! They are so much fun to be around and they use their own romance to inspire your wedding pictures.

We didn't have any specific poses that we wanted... all we told them was that we wanted our pictures to be bright, vibrant, and most of all, fun - and they captured our vision perfectly! Within seconds of meeting them, you feel totally comfortable & they really know how to make you look good and let your personalities shine in front of the camera. At our engagement shoot, we had the crazy idea to pop champagne in the middle of downtown, and Jen captured the moment so perfectly, that one of our favorite pictures came out of it!

Your wedding is the best day of your life, and you want a photographer who is not only going to capture all of your favorite memories, but also all the fun moments you didn't see. Jen & Shane will capture your wedding and all of its details in the most creative, beautiful, and perfect way! I am still getting compliments on our wedding pictures, and I have Jen & Shane to thank for that. Would I recommend them to my friends and family?? Yes, yes, 100x yes!!

Profile Picture Taylor, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs, Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

We were so happy with Acqua Photo! All of my close friends that have gotten married said their biggest regret was not getting a good photographer. We knew that if we were going to spend the money on our dream wedding, that we wanted the photos to be beautiful reminders of that day! With this in mind, we chose Jen and Shane out of several recommendations from our planner, based on the look and feel of their photos (bright, vivid colors, but still natural looking). Of course, attitude and service were also top concerns for me, but from the first meeting we had with them we knew it was one of the best choices we would make for the wedding! They were so easy to work with throughout the process. We decided last minute during the wedding that we

Jen shot our engagement session, and really helped us to get used to feeling comfortable in front of the camera and posing together (it's a lot harder than it looks!). We were so happy that we chose a photographer to do both, because we knew what to prepare for for the big day. We were shocked when we saw the photos and how great she made us look!

For the big day, Jen and Shane were able to get some really great candid and posed shots! It is basically impossible for us to decide which photos to have printed because we love them so much! The way they captured the colors and tone of the wedding, as well as the people that were there, tell a story that we love to look through over and over.

Really can't recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Mary Ellen, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Profile Picture Abby, 6/6/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance