Wedicity - Wedding & Event Detailing is a wedding planning company in the West Loop of Chicago, Illinois. Their love for details, organization and events makes them the perfect fit for your big day. Providing full-service, partial planning and day-of coordination packages; Wedicity - Wedding Detailing will be with you every step of your planning process so you can love your wedding day details!
Tionna M. Van Gundy started wedding and event planning over a decade ago. Starting in 2004, she became a certified wedding planner. Her goal is for each couple to fully enjoy their wedding day without worrying about all the intricate details and logistics. With a wide range of experience in the wedding and event industry, Tionna and team are ready to make your big day perfect!
In 2018, Wedicity - Wedding Detailing won WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice Award. Whether you need a little bit of guidance or a whole lot of planning help, Wedicity - Wedding Day Detailing is here to be your expert resource along the way that emphasizes your love story. Their services include:
In addition to helping plan your wedding, this company will also help with the following:
Recommended by 100% of couples
13 User photos
Becca · Married on 04/05/2019
Do not plan a wedding without Tionna.
This review cannot start any other way besides this: do not have a wedding if you are not going to hire Tionna.Sent on 04/20/2019
It might be actually impossible that Tionna Van Gundy is a human. A wizard? Sure. An angel? Absolutely. The modern day wedding lord and savior? No doubt. A regular human? Not possible.
Background on us as a couple: relatively organized, deeply in love with our friends and family, hell bent on having a good time always, dead set on ensuring our people have a good time. As we took on the beast that is wedding planning, we were quickly overwhelmed with the level of detail so many different things needed that was well beyond any realm of either of our experiences – I work in pediatric healthcare and he is a high school teacher. We were referred to Wedicity and Tionna through Erin Martin, a good friend from college, at ECBG (peep our review on her page because there is no one better for your cake and sweets table dreams). With our budget in mind, we admittedly called Tionna with some hesitance at one more thing to budget for. However, after a roughly 15 minute phone call, clearly outlined expectations and what would be provided, our entire budget was readjusted to accommodate Tionna’s “Day Of” planning package, which included 3 months before and up through the day of the ceremony. We COULD NOT BELIEVE how affordable she was for everything she offered, and looking back now we honestly would’ve paid 3x+ what we paid her for everything she did for us.
For those of you who don’t like to read long paragraphs, I’m going to list the top 10 things Tionna did for us and hope it encapsulates the level of professionalism, skill and sheer knack combined with pure talent Tionna has for helping you craft a day that will surpass your dreams, hopes and expectations.
1. Tionna accompanied us to our dinner tasting and florist meeting which you may not think is worth bringing your wedding planner to, but please understand how helpful it was. For the tasting, she came prepared with an organized list of preferences, the start of the timeline for our day, and helped us manage conversations with a passionate yet pushy sales associate to ensure that we got what we wanted. She took my place at the florist meeting when I got the flu and helped my mom Facetime me in so I could still participate, despite being wildly contagious and bound to my couch.
2. Tionna kept us motivated, organized and focused with separated, clear and concise checklists to ensure we were taking care of the right things in the right order. The software that comes with her services is so easy to use, so helpful and became our lifeline throughout the planning process.
3. Tionna offered genuine opinions when asked, helpful advice when needed and clear guidance throughout. It’s crystal clear how much she cares about her clients and how much experience she has all over this industry to help you truly decide on what is best for you and your partner.
4. Tionna set up meetings with us at times that were convenient for us, giving us her full time, attention and listening ear, and never made us feel rushed, silly or otherwise. She was even so understanding and kind to us after we mistakenly missed one of our final meetings.
5. Tionna helped us and our officiant, a mentor of mine from college, craft the most beautifully symbolic, authentically representative and uniquely beautiful ceremony. Tionna has a wealth of knowledge across all the faiths, cultures, rituals and traditions and helped us combine a 3-faith circumstance into the most amazing ceremony. The undertaking of writing our own ceremony had us lost, confused and overwhelmed and we would have quickly abandoned the idea had it not been for Tionna.
6. Tionna was timely, efficient and wildly helpful with every single e-mail we sent, question we had and phone call we made. I literally don’t think we had anything go more than 24 hours before it was answered in full, often times with documents or further advice to ensure we were well informed and clear in our decision.
7. Tionna took care of all the necessary paperwork, contracts, insurance, etc. etc. etc. and ensured we had everything submitted on time, signed on the dotted line and took care of keeping all the important paperwork organized. We could have probably managed this on our own, but to have it neatly organized and cared for was such a nice relief.
8. Tionna was generous with the physical materials she already has, which saved us a bunch of money. It was so kind of her to allow us to borrow things she had from other events.
9. The night before, Tionna ran a perfectly timed rehearsal which helped our entire wedding party feel better, more confident, and was a wild relief for not just my groom and I, but our parents as well. She reminded us of our places, timing, when to stop, when to start, where to turn, how to smile, what to hold, how to be, etc. etc. etc. I genuinely don’t know how we would’ve gotten through the rehearsal without her.
10. The day of. I have absolutely no words. Her and her two assistants, Anesha and Ashley, arrived on scene and literally jumped into action, managing everything from where flowers and dresses were to getting the maintenance staff to cool off the getting ready room. One of them (I have no idea who) was kind enough to go back to our hotel to grab the garter I forgot in my room. They were literally like ninjas, managing the show from the behind the scenes while also making things magically appear, disappear, and happen from the moment they arrived until past the moment they were gone.
Above all, she ensured that not just my groom and I had actually the most magical day, but that our parents could be part of our day alongside us rather than managing everything she and her team managed, which is beyond invaluable (particularly when both mom’s are super Type-A people ). Tionna went further above and beyond the call of duty in advocating for us with the venue and our venue contact when there were several issues with dinner that should never have been an issue. Needless to say, my parents, nor the groom, nor his parents nor I had any idea any of it happened, because Tionna and her team are that good.
Please do not consider planning or executing a wedding without Tionna and Wedicity. We are eternally and beyond grateful for their time, attention to detail, skill and genuine love for what they do that gave us the memories of a lifetime.
Alyse · Getting married on 12/04/2019
Tionnna is amazing!!
Tionna is amazing, organized, incredibly knowledgeable and professional. She helped us manage our vendors, and made sure the wedding was amazing. She is just outstanding at what she does. Once we hired her, I knew everything would be great.Sent on 04/20/2019
Emma · Married on 06/29/2019
Above and beyond is the name of the game at Wedicity!
If you want a stress-free, smooth sailing wedding planning journey then take on Tionna as your guide to all things wedding and all things planning! We can say without a doubt that it was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!Sent on 07/26/2019
I've been struggling to find the right words to fully encompass our gratitude for all the impossible and astounding hard work and care Tionna put into helping make our wedding day the best day of our lives. What I can say is that everything went exactly as planned, was perfectly timed and spaced out, and we did not worry once the entire day.
Tionna’s help and guidance from start to finish created that safety net that my fiancé, my mother, and I all desperately needed. That knowledge that at the end of the day, someone would be there to help prevent us from falling behind or forgetting to take care of an important detail in the planning process. Tionna checked in on us regularly, providing detailed checklists with due dates to keep us on track. Those checklists made this process feel more manageable and gave us a sense of satisfaction to see each item checked off as it was completed.
But what we valued the most was how Tionna created an environment where we never felt uncomfortable or silly asking questions. She made a point of reminding us to enjoy the process as much as the end results, and to not back down from prioritizing and personalizing the parts of the wedding that we felt strongly about. We always felt like she understood our priorities and made sure we attained them.
We are so glad we hired Tionna to help with our wedding, and would choose her again without hesitation!
Tionna and her team are professional, extremely organized and an absolute dream to work with. We had Wedicity Wedding Day Detailing at The Mid-America Club (located in downtown Chicago). Throughout the planning process, Tionna was a reliable and responsive liaison between our venue and the Bride & Groom. We were constantly on the same page and kept in the loop. As events can be ever-changing, it was wonderful to always be informed of a change or adjustment to the event. Tionna has a very deep understanding of venue operations and how to best work with the team on the venue property to ensure the event went seamlessly. I would highly recommend Wedicity Wedding Day Detailing for all stages of planning as they are willing to jump right in and provide a perfect event for you and your guests!
We recently worked with Tionna and her Wedicity team on August 31st for a beautiful intimate wedding at Row 24 in the South Loop. The details were absolutely stunning with a large Mr & Mrs Sweet table and beautiful decor throughout. Her team was extremely organized and on time. The wedding and reception were in the same venue and the room flip was seamless. I also referred Wedicity to our client Sheena and John and it was a great match. Tionna was able to take their vision and bring it to life in an elegant intimate ceremony and reception. You will not be disappointed when you add Wedicity to your team of wedding day pros!
Wedicity ranks among Chicago's top tier wedding planning services. With over twelve years in the service industry and wedding planner certification, Tionna is a proven wedding professional. Don't consider this a wedding expense. Consider it an investment. Best wishes! Rev. Michael