Marriottsville, MD 21104 Map · Phone number

About Waverly Mansion

Waverly Mansion, located off Marriottsville Road in northern Howard County, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The mansion and grounds provide an elegant, charming and gracious site for weddings, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners and a variety of other celebrations and events. Whether you are hosting an intimate gathering for 50 within the home or a larger scale celebration for up to 150 guests, utilizing the historic grounds and elegant tent, you can create your perfect wedding at Waverly Mansion. Purchased by Colonel John Egar Howard in 1786, one of the most popular Revolutionary War heroes and Governor of Maryland from 1788-1790, the main portion of the home was constructed between 1756 and 1764. Colonel Howard later gave Waverly to his son, George, also Governor of Maryland from 1831-1833, as a wedding gift. The house is furnished with items on loan from the Peale Museum in Baltimore, and with loans and gifts from private individuals.

Facilities and Capacity

Intimate parlor

Dining room

Private dressing areas for members of the wedding party

Landscaped gardens

Elegant tent with lighting

Dance floor

Restrooms

Warming kitchen and staging area for catering

Parking on site and additional space off-site

Services

Waverly Mansion offers an elegant atmosphere for couples who desire to add their own personal touch to their wedding. The venue allows couples to contract outside vendors to take part in their wedding day. In addition to wedding ceremonies and receptions, the venue is available to host rehearsal dinners, elopements, engagement parties and wedding showers. Wedding event services offered include the following:

Eight-hour Wedding Ceremony & Reception Package

Three-hour Wedding Ceremony

Off-Season Eight-Hour Wedding Ceremony

Off-Season Three-Hour Wedding Ceremony

Whether you wish to host an intimate wedding inside the house, or for larger events, utilize the landscaped grounds and tented area adjacent to the house, Waverly Mansion offers you the opportunity to create your perfect wedding.

Additional events include

Non-overnight Retreats

a861546683d31bac1966b3fb23c3ec34 51 105920 1569351743
9142862823351648256 n png 51 105920 1569351953
Waverly Mansion
waverly flower girls 14595574 1261935993838138 8080999185162916650 n 51 105920 1569876044
Waverly Mansion
view of tent at waverly mansion 409720 442113579153721 919318951 n 51 105920 1569876002
taeck jang photography waverly mansion wedding 17 25 1 51 105920 1569353746
taeck jang photography waverly mansion wedding 17 047 51 105920 1569353691
taeck jang photography waverly mansion wedding 17 23 51 105920 1569353595
tran waverly wedding 4841 51 105920 1569353397
Waverly Mansion
vintage waverly mansion wedding taeckjangphotography charmcitywed 0058 300x200 51 105920 1569352080
2295769816255954944 n png 51 105920 1569352015
1781891668077707264 n png 51 105920 1569351814
2100784460000657408 n png 51 105920 1569351781
a861546683d31bac1966b3fb23c3ec34 51 105920 1569351743
9142862823351648256 n png 51 105920 1569351953

10 Reviews for Waverly Mansion

• Devin94

Devin · Married on 09/25/2016

We received superior customer service from the time of our 1st email, over a year in advance, to weeks after our wedding. Catering by Uptown made planning a wedding simple and fun! They are a one stop shop, so we were able to get our venue, cater, cake, décor and day of coordinator all in one place. We initially went to view Celebrations which we both fell in love with, but honestly it was a bit more than we planned to spend. We looked at other properties online and came across Waverly Mansion. It is the complete opposite of Celebrations….Vintage, Quaint, Wooded and BREATHTAKING. The mansion has a bridal suite and a suite for the groom on the other side. The tent in the back is huge and the new flooring is beautiful. The tent also has a chandelier and your choice of uplighting. I immediately fell in love and could see use getting married there. We went to a complementary tasting event and was shown a video of a wedding at Waverly. I cried, and I am not crier LOL. If our minds were not already made up…the food is definitely a selling point. We were put in contact with a planning Executive, Shonda Cherry and she is truly INCREDIBLE. She answered all of our questions leading up to the wedding and was very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. She was so responsive, it seemed as if I was her only bride. We developed such a great rapport with her that we requested her as our DOC. Shonda was AMAZING and executed everything that I had asked for. Her attention to detail is spot on. The wedding looked exactly as it did in my head lol. She ran that wedding like a well-oiled machine and we will be forever grateful. The venue is so gorgeous and the food is incredible. We still have people calling us to tell us how good the food was. I couldn’t recommend Catering by Uptown and Shonda enough. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and worth every penny!

Sent on 10/11/2016

c · Married on 09/05/2015

I normally don’t write review but while booking my wedding for this upcoming fall I worked with Christina Lambie from Catering by Uptown, and I must say she was amazing. She was readily available whenever I called (which was a lot). The venue was gorgeous and I knew it was everything I wanted. While working with Christina she made all of my dreams come to life and was very helpful with all of the questions I had and changes I wanted to make to the package. I fell like from the very first phone call to our meeting and everything in between I have been blown away at the personal attention I have received this far you would think I was the only Bride she was working with. I truly can’t wait to say I do this year in such a magical venue and I know that Christina Lambie and Catering by uptown will take care of every last detail and make my dream day come true!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Waverly Mansion FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 4000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 4000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 1500.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Chairs
    Parking
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
    Outdoor canopy tent (40X60), landscaped gardens, interior parlor, interior dining room, bride's dressing area, groom's dressing area, rustic kitchen area, on-site parking, bathrooms
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
  • What event items are available?
    Chairs
    Dance Floor
    Lighting
    Tables
    Tents
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January