1 Thayer Lane, Port Washington, NY 11050 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 110
  • Real Weddings 2

About Village Club of Sands Point

The Village Club of Sands Point is a country club with a banquet hall for couples’ weddings in the Long Island, New York area. For couples seeking a vintage yet timeless venue, this country club offers an Italian Renaissance style mansion with roughly 210 acres of sprawling lands. Couples can find this dream venue on the Long Island Sound, about 30 minutes away from the John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can celebrate their wedding day at the Village Club of Sands Point with up to 185 guests. The grounds are well-landscaped at this country club, with many mature trees providing shade and structure to the property. There are man-made elements on the acres encompassed by this estate as well, including paved brick patios, stately columns graced by griffins, and curving paths through well-kept gardens. Couples can celebrate their ceremony on a fresh patch of garden lawn, with short grasses and plenty of greenery in the surrounding area. For the best of both worlds, couples can marry in the mansion’s courtyard, where a smooth tile floor meets tan walls and arched French doors. The interior of the mansion can be used for receptions, with a sweeping grand staircase, tile flooring, ornate chandeliers, and luxurious accents. The dining room features wood-panelled walls with carved details, large windows, and chandeliers on the ceiling dripping with crystals.

In addition to ceremonies and receptions, couples can also host bridal showers, engagement parties, and rehearsal dinners at this country club. The Village Club of Sands Point offers accommodations and all-inclusive packages for couples, so that everything is taken care of for them on their wedding day. Event planning prior to the day of the wedding helps the events unfold smoothly, and a bridal suite gives couples a place to relax and get their minds off of their worries. Couples and outside vendors will find on-site parking at this country club, and no one will miss the happy couple with the lighting and sound expertise of the staff on site.

Follow Village Club of Sands Point on

Village Club of Sands Point 6
Village Club of Sands Point 7
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2018

Stunning Venue & Amazing Team!

Hands down amazing in every single way!! Stumbling across this venue was the best thing that could have ever happened. I'm from Long Island, live in Chicago currently and needed to have my dream wedding in NY. I searched high and low for a mind blowing and unique venue until I found The Village Club of Sands Point. From the moment you pull up to the venue you are in owe of the perfectly kept grounds, NYC skyline, water view and just overall beauty of the mansion. From just the initial conversations I knew we were in great hands. We had FaceTime meetings, they let my mom drop in at a moments notice to do as many walk-through's as needed and Andrea was beyond patient and receptive to my excessive planning e-mails. Andrea who is the Event Coordinator for the venue helped me with inspiration, vendors, accommodations and everything we could possibly need. She jumped in and personally coordinated details and timelines with our vendors which I will always be grateful for because I could not have planned our wedding from out-of-state without her. When it came down to the final weeks we sat down with Dana who is General Manager and a saint. She went through every single second of the day to make sure every detail was covered, created floor plans and was fabulous in every way. They led the show, set up all of decor exactly as I imagined and never missed a beat. The day of my girls and I got ready upstairs in the beautiful bridal suite and hotel area. The VCSP team was there bright and early to greet us and treat us like royalty while overseeing all of the incoming vendors. And that is when we met LUCY..there are not enough words to describe how beyond amazing Lucy is. She was our Bridal Attendant for the day who we all quickly adopted as a our new best friend. She was the kindest, most efficient and helpful person I could have ever hoped to have by our side for our wedding. She made sure my veil and dress never touched the ground, she even cut my steak to force fed me and hydrated me as the day flew by (she insisted). If you needed scissors, tape or anything else you could possibly think of it was in her pockets..she was literally an angel. In fact, every single person at VCSP went above and beyond. They moved furniture, hung decor, made special accommodations with no questions asked and executed everything perfectly. The food was amazing, people were blown away by every course. One of the best parts of the venue is the hotel rooms upstairs, they are beautiful and we were able to have our whole wedding party spend the the night with us to keep the party going. We lived like kings and queens for the night when the reception was over we made our way upstairs and kept the party going. Dana even had balloons that I had brought with us for the after party, inflated and hung up for one last surprise. Brenda who helped us coordinate the hotel rooms made sure each guest had their welcome bags ready for them too. There was no rush out the door and since we no longer live in NY it was extra special for us to have that accommodation to spend extra time with our friends and family. I could go on for days and would give this venue 100 stars if it was an option. I cant thank Andrea, Dana, Lucy, Ben and Brenda and the rest of the spectacular Village Club for the perfect experience that would have not been possible without them. The mansion will always be stunning but the perfect wedding experience was all possible thanks to their team!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Village Club of Sands Point 27
    Village Club of Sands Point 28
    Village Club of Sands Point 29

Lexi · Married on 07/21/2018

Village Club of Sands Point was a dream location for my wedding reception. Everything was absolutely perfect and the night could not have been more beautiful and romantic. Candles were scattered throughout the mansion and on the staircase, guests danced all night long in the courtyard with the glass ceiling, and the floral arrangements looked beautiful amidst the backdrop of stone walls and the dining room. Andrea, our wedding event coordinator, was so helpful and accommodating since day one. She ensured that everything was perfect and that the entire night went smoothly....thank you so much Andrea! The entire staff for the night was INCREDIBLE. Nothing but endless thank yous and compliments from my me, my husband, and all our guests. The morning of the wedding, I was able to get ready in one of the beautiful hotel suites at the venue which was perfect. We were given celebratory champagne and lunch which made getting ready a stress-free wonderful experience. To make things even more amazing, I was given a bridal attendant, Lucy, who treated me as if I was her own daughter and assisted me throughout the day. She was an absolute sweetheart and was a great help. Everyone involved in our reception was responsive, professional, genuinely kind, and helpful. Everything was literally perfect and I could not be happier. The food was absolutely delicious, wait staff accommodated all guests including my two little nephews (Thanks Zelda!), the acoustics were perfect for our 8 piece band, and all went smoothly. The Village Club of Sands Point is the epitome of romance, elegance, and class. My dream wedding became a reality!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Village Club of Sands Point FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 3,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 3,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering? Cake Cutting, Dessert, Server(s)
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Country/Golf Club, Historic Building
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, All Inclusive Packages, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors
  • What food and beverage items are available? Glassware, Linens

Real Weddings

• Variety Music
    Variety Music Wedding DJs

Beautiful place, great food !!

• Emma Cleary Photo & Video
    Emma Cleary Photo & Video Wedding Photographers

I have shot many weddings at the village club. It is a truly unique and beautiful venue. The staff is professional and every wedding goes smoothly. The food is also amazing! From a photographer's perspective I love the village club because it is beautifully appointed, full of history and character. The gardens and grounds are breathtaking!

• 1 Thayer Lane Port Washington, New York, 11050 See on map